Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Governor Akeredolu Swears In His Son, Babajide As Agency's DG, Explains Why - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Akeredolu Swears In His Son, Babajide As Agency's DG, Explains Why (34732 Views)

President Buhari Re-appoints Garba Abari, National Orientation Agency DG / Governor Akeredolu Swears-in Oluwatuyi As SSG (photos) / Buhari Picks Omoworare Babajide As Aide On National Assembly Matter, Drops Enang (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Akeredolu Swears In His Son, Babajide As Agency's DG, Explains Why by Carlylepneuma: 8:08pm On Dec 14, 2021
PennywysCares:
grin
Osun government is a family business
I believe this is not an issue of concern to the Ewedu republic community, their only issue of concern is IPOB
go and learn ur state and capital well... Wawa

1 Like

Re: Governor Akeredolu Swears In His Son, Babajide As Agency's DG, Explains Why by dapolaw(m): 8:29pm On Dec 14, 2021
So he is qualified but because he was privilege to be the governor's son then he can't be appointed? Bro, I disagree with you.

[quote author=infolekan post=108498238][/quote]
Re: Governor Akeredolu Swears In His Son, Babajide As Agency's DG, Explains Why by Oluromantic: 8:33pm On Dec 14, 2021
delzbaba:
this is very wrong, a whole SAN should know the meaning of nepotism,,,shame..modified,,,the replies i'm getting on this really shows how politicians have really dented with the psyche of the masses, people are actually supporting and commending him tueh...
Stop thinking too low. You think the governor is not enlightened enough to know what people might be thinking in this present age. You don't know anything about politics then.

What you should have done was to read properly the content of the post and take note of the position he's putting his son in. It's a position where corruption and embezzlement takes place very heavily. Project awards, implementation and monitoring unit. All contracts awarded pass through there. So the governor has an eye on every avenue to embezzle through projects.

If the governor wants to enrich his family, there are silent ways to go about it that you won't even know let alone understand. If that was his aim, all he need do is award a N500billion contact to his son and you'll never hear of it. But openly putting the only person he can trust to monitor where money flows through heavily in contacts' name is what you call nepotism
Re: Governor Akeredolu Swears In His Son, Babajide As Agency's DG, Explains Why by Majatechworks: 8:38pm On Dec 14, 2021
delzbaba:
first of all your english is horrible, i'm sure you are one of those collectors of 1500 and bread during election, secondly nepotism is morally wrong ,,any reasonable human would know that, in a state of 4million people with a quarter of them graduates, you pick your son and try to justify it? Remain in your crass stupidity don't bother replying.. prince of stupidity

It's not compulsory to abuse verbally, the guy was employed by the state government as a Nigerian, Lagos do employ non native lagosians and u did die, I can do such if he or she is qualified, rather than my son be buying bikes to kill himself when e no get work to do.
Re: Governor Akeredolu Swears In His Son, Babajide As Agency's DG, Explains Why by MrALIVE: 8:39pm On Dec 14, 2021
Kissiemu:
Abi the boy no go school? What other people sons are looking for I will now deny it to my son because I am the governor.... when I am not mad
you are actually m*d judging from your poor sense of reasoning.
Re: Governor Akeredolu Swears In His Son, Babajide As Agency's DG, Explains Why by Misternas89(m): 8:40pm On Dec 14, 2021
delzbaba:
first of all your english is horrible, i'm sure you are one of those collectors of 1500 and bread during election, secondly nepotism is morally wrong ,,any reasonable human would know that, in a state of 4million people with a quarter of them graduates, you pick your son and try to justify it? Remain in your crass stupidity don't bother replying.. prince of stupidity
And your own English is more horrible my brother. Pun intended
Re: Governor Akeredolu Swears In His Son, Babajide As Agency's DG, Explains Why by lereinter(m): 9:06pm On Dec 14, 2021
Manigie:
What's the big deal if his son is qualified......?

Abi he should wait for another government to come and then begin to beg for employment for his son, na still us go insult him say him no fix him family well.

So many big deal

How's his son qualified, there's no how nepotism will not be infused in selection process

In nigeria a governor's ward shouldn't hold public position cos they Wade too much power

1 Like

Re: Governor Akeredolu Swears In His Son, Babajide As Agency's DG, Explains Why by lereinter(m): 9:10pm On Dec 14, 2021
Golan007:
grin.
Things dey happen.

Anyway, Trump did similar.

You can't compare US to nigeria

The house of reps impeached trump, can the state house of assembly members remove a governor's son moreover the governor
Re: Governor Akeredolu Swears In His Son, Babajide As Agency's DG, Explains Why by GetMeRight: 9:20pm On Dec 14, 2021
Manigie:
What's the big deal if his son is qualified......?

Abi he should wait for another government to come and then begin to beg for employment for his son, na still us go insult him say him no fix him family well.

See thinking of an educated Nigerian! Shame on you
Re: Governor Akeredolu Swears In His Son, Babajide As Agency's DG, Explains Why by GetMeRight: 9:26pm On Dec 14, 2021
Kissiemu:
Abi the boy no go school? What other people sons are looking for I will now deny it to my son because I am the governor.... when I am not mad

Your son already has everything by virtue of who you are, no need to engage in nepotism. Well, it's typical of Nigeria governors. Roachers did it, one ex Oyo State governor did it too
Re: Governor Akeredolu Swears In His Son, Babajide As Agency's DG, Explains Why by GetMeRight: 9:27pm On Dec 14, 2021
MufasaLion:

Shut up! Everything is not about degree. Skills and experience are vital also, hence the reason the developed nations are progressing.

Grow up, boy.

And what are his experiences and skills? Tell us
Re: Governor Akeredolu Swears In His Son, Babajide As Agency's DG, Explains Why by MufasaLion: 9:30pm On Dec 14, 2021
GetMeRight:

And what are his experiences and skills? Tell us

Go and ask for his CV, or better still ask his father, the governor. Get the fvck off my mention, kiddo!
Re: Governor Akeredolu Swears In His Son, Babajide As Agency's DG, Explains Why by Golan007: 9:32pm On Dec 14, 2021
lereinter:

You can't compare US to nigeria

The house of reps impeached trump, can the state house of assembly members remove a governor's son moreover the governor

Either way, both are acts of nepotism or both aren't.
Re: Governor Akeredolu Swears In His Son, Babajide As Agency's DG, Explains Why by Akharmony: 9:33pm On Dec 14, 2021
If he fulfil all the criterias why cant he be nominate to b a commision. I dont knw if there is any law that forbid that...
Re: Governor Akeredolu Swears In His Son, Babajide As Agency's DG, Explains Why by Bimpe29: 9:36pm On Dec 14, 2021
Nothing spoiled provided it is a square peg on a square hole.
Re: Governor Akeredolu Swears In His Son, Babajide As Agency's DG, Explains Why by delzbaba(m): 9:54pm On Dec 14, 2021
Misternas89:

And my own English is more horrible my brother. Pun intended
I understand
Re: Governor Akeredolu Swears In His Son, Babajide As Agency's DG, Explains Why by baralatie(m): 9:56pm On Dec 14, 2021
perambulator:

if Yusuf is qualified there is nothing wrong with it...though i doubt that boy qualifies for anything!!! The question you should be asking is.......what are his credentials to be a DG of an agency?

I am not saying it is or isnt nepotism, it all depends on his qualifications for the job and whether due process was followed. I am simply saying that simply appointing a relative to a govt agency is not in itself nepotism.

EDIT:

According to this, he was nominated by the party. If true, Should he deny his son because he is governor? According to the article he played a major role in APC in Ondo state, nobody said dont campaign or help the party because you are governor's son!

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/11/apc-justifies-appointment-of-akeredolus-son-as-dg/
nepotism
/ˈnɛpətɪz(ə)m/
the practice among those with power or influence of favouring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs.
Re: Governor Akeredolu Swears In His Son, Babajide As Agency's DG, Explains Why by delzbaba(m): 9:59pm On Dec 14, 2021
Majatechworks:

It's not compulsory to abuse verbally, the guy was employed by the state government as a Nigerian, Lagos do employ non native lagosians and u did die, I can do such if he or she is qualified, rather than my son be buying bikes to kill himself when e no get work to do.
no problem let them continue.
Re: Governor Akeredolu Swears In His Son, Babajide As Agency's DG, Explains Why by oyeb15: 11:08pm On Dec 14, 2021
Agagu made his brother the chief of staff , Adefarati used his son Gboyega then. Mimiko also used his brother Femi.
Re: Governor Akeredolu Swears In His Son, Babajide As Agency's DG, Explains Why by McTobe(m): 11:29pm On Dec 14, 2021
Objectively speaking he did not break any laws. If the Son is not qualified to hold the position it would have been another matter altogether. It’s a personal thing, I would not have done the same thing but he did not break any extant laws.
Re: Governor Akeredolu Swears In His Son, Babajide As Agency's DG, Explains Why by Nobody: 11:48pm On Dec 14, 2021
baralatie:

nepotism
/ˈnɛpətɪz(ə)m/
the practice among those with power or influence of favouring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs.

Worrying about nepotism in a failed country is the least of my problems. At a certain level you need people you can trust in sensitive or critical positions. "Someone you can trust" is ultimately a friend or family member...how can you trust someone you dont know? The question like i said is are they qualified for the job?

But feel free to lodge your complaints at any of the following, maybe they can help you:

https://www.icc-cpi.int/

https://www.un.org/en/

https://www.amnesty.org/en/

....and while you are at it you can also lodge complain against Trump who appointed his daughter Special adviser and also Director of the office of economic initiatives and Entrepreneurship, even CNN did not complain...or Boris Johnson who has been appointing he and his wife's friends to cushy jobs!!!!

....dont let oversabi kill you....it is only nepotism if it is unfair. The people that gave us the English you are looking up in dictionary and the democracy we are practising........they do the same thing.
Re: Governor Akeredolu Swears In His Son, Babajide As Agency's DG, Explains Why by heniford2: 12:36am On Dec 15, 2021
Impecca:

You're riffraff. Why didn't u give Rochas d chance to plant his son in law as Imo governor?
hmm i see you think am from IMO state undecided sorry i don't engage with bias people, i don't easy see any reason to argue with you okey thanks Merry Xmas stay positive smiley
Re: Governor Akeredolu Swears In His Son, Babajide As Agency's DG, Explains Why by calcal: 1:03am On Dec 15, 2021
Very good
Re: Governor Akeredolu Swears In His Son, Babajide As Agency's DG, Explains Why by MummyD2020(f): 1:28am On Dec 15, 2021
PennywysCares:
grin
Oyo government is a family business
I believe this is not an issue of concern to the Ewedu republic community, their only issue of concern is IPOB

Ouch!!!!
Re: Governor Akeredolu Swears In His Son, Babajide As Agency's DG, Explains Why by Misternas89(m): 7:13am On Dec 15, 2021
delzbaba:
I understand
Kk
Re: Governor Akeredolu Swears In His Son, Babajide As Agency's DG, Explains Why by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:06am On Dec 15, 2021
delzbaba:
this is very wrong, a whole SAN should know the meaning of nepotism,,,shame..modified,,,the replies i'm getting on this really shows how politicians have really dented with the psyche of the masses, people are actually supporting and commending him tueh...
I'm not supporting him and not commending him, but nepotism is when you give appointment to someone not qualified for it. Now do you have evidence to show that the young man isn't qualified?
The to me is a young man, better than kids of most politicians who would prefer to remain abroad and spend siphoned funds from Nigeria. They are many
This doesn't seem wrong to me if he is qualified
Re: Governor Akeredolu Swears In His Son, Babajide As Agency's DG, Explains Why by delzbaba(m): 8:11am On Dec 15, 2021
NOETHNICITY:
I'm not supporting him and not commending him, but nepotism is when you give appointment to someone not qualified for it. Now do you have evidence to show that the young man isn't qualified?
The to me is a young man, better than kids of most politicians who would prefer to remain abroad and spend siphoned funds from Nigeria. They are many
This doesn't seem wrong to me if he is qualified
are u people mad? Nobody should upset me this morning !!! Qualification my ass,,a dicrtionary would have saved you all this nonsense

Re: Governor Akeredolu Swears In His Son, Babajide As Agency's DG, Explains Why by bcomputer101: 8:20am On Dec 15, 2021
delzbaba:

Before attacking that young man, let me also pick out your pathetic errors.

1- English not english
2- Those collector not "those collectors"
3- during election. (full stop)
4- bother replying. prince (learn to start with capital letter after full stop).

You just murdered English.
Woe unto your English teacher.
Re: Governor Akeredolu Swears In His Son, Babajide As Agency's DG, Explains Why by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:47am On Dec 15, 2021
delzbaba:
are u people mad? Nobody should upset me this morning !!! Qualification my ass,,a dicrtionary would have saved you all this nonsense
Prove that the young man isn't qualified or forever remain silent
Jealousy jealousy people
We need more young hands in government for God's sake
Stop acting fake righteousness
We are too hypocritical in Nigeria
Trump's daughter was the defacto secretary of state during his administration
His son in law was the defacto vice president

The entire half of Bush family are in politics
While father was president son was governor
And when son became president another son became governor
Non of You complained about the American system riddled with nepotism
Re: Governor Akeredolu Swears In His Son, Babajide As Agency's DG, Explains Why by TheOmoney(m): 9:27am On Dec 15, 2021
The agency would serve to see that money released by the Governor is put to good use...who else should be best at protecting the father's image than the son?
Great move!
Re: Governor Akeredolu Swears In His Son, Babajide As Agency's DG, Explains Why by delzbaba(m): 9:30am On Dec 15, 2021
bcomputer101:

Before attacking that young man, let me also pick out your pathetic errors.

1- English not english
2- Those collector not "those collectors"
3- during election. (full stop)
4- bother replying. prince (learn to start with capital letter after full stop).

You just murdered English.
Woe unto your English teacher.
i don't have time for this bullshit this morning

1 Like

Re: Governor Akeredolu Swears In His Son, Babajide As Agency's DG, Explains Why by baralatie(m): 9:40am On Dec 15, 2021
perambulator:

Worrying about nepotism in a failed country is the least of my problems. At a certain level you need people you can trust in sensitive or critical positions. "Someone you can trust" is ultimately a friend or family member...how can you trust someone you dont know? The question like i said is are they qualified for the job?

But feel free to lodge your complaints at any of the following, maybe they can help you:

https://www.icc-cpi.int/

https://www.un.org/en/

....and while you are at it you can also lodge complain against Trump who appointed his daughter Special adviser and also Director of the office of economic initiatives and Entrepreneurship, even CNN did not complain...or Boris Johnson who has been appointing he and his wife's friends to cushy jobs!!!!

....dont let oversabi kill you....it is only nepotism if it is unfair. The people that gave us the English you are looking up in dictionary and the democracy we are practising........they do the same thing.

nepotism
/ˈnɛpətɪz(ə)m/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu Made Ministerial Offer To Me - Kwankwaso / Zahra Buhari Indimi Stuns In New Photos / Sam Oboh Shot, Car Riddled With Bullets [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.