Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,162 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Look At What We Are Funding At The Expense Of Real Development - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Look At What We Are Funding At The Expense Of Real Development (497 Views)

Atiku To Tinubu: You Are Subsidising Corruption At Workers Expense / 'Some APC Governors And Stakeholders Are Funding Atiku' - Deji Adeyanju / You Bootlick Northerners In Expense Of Your People: Wike Fires Back At Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Look At What We Are Funding At The Expense Of Real Development by BABANGBALI: 6:02pm On Dec 14, 2021
1. 36 Governors
2. 36 Deputy-Governors
3. 36 Speakers and 36 Deputy-Speakers.
4. 36 Houses of Assembly.
5. 800 plus Commissioners and Thousands of SA’s and PA’s, not to talk of SA to SA and PA to PA.
6. 44 Ministers.
7. Hundreds of Aides-SA’s and PA’s and theirs.
8. 109 Senators and their aides
9. 360 members of the House of Representatives and their aides
10. Hundreds of Traditional Rulers and many more.
11. Hundreds of Thousands of largely unproductive workers.
12. 774 local government Chiramen and over 8000 councillors.

All being paid from largely oil money and others. Any wonder that our Recurrent Expenditure is higher and bigger than our Capital Expenditure in every budget cycle at the Federal and State levels!

We need to put a knife to the salaries and allowances of our elected public officials. The Civil Service is underpaid but it is too large and unproductive. Government needs to prune the Civil Service. These are not emotional issues, don’t come here unhinged. There is no way we can make real progress with the level of current recurrent expenditures, some dump heads should tell me that I am wrong
Re: Look At What We Are Funding At The Expense Of Real Development by Ttalk: 6:03pm On Dec 14, 2021
Not over yet

We are still funding ex presidents and deputies

Ex governors and deputies and in some cases ex speakers

In addition with numerous ones collecting pension as ex this and ex that and still collecting salary as public officers
Re: Look At What We Are Funding At The Expense Of Real Development by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:20pm On Dec 14, 2021
If it was only these their salaries alone it would have been far better.

Not only that, in addition, their greed and corruption habit are also funded at the expense of development thereby compounding the whole issue.

Where else do we find leaders who don't understand what leadership means, who don't believe in the country they are ruling (zero patriotism), loot billions from the treasury at will?

Where else if not naija!
Re: Look At What We Are Funding At The Expense Of Real Development by helinues: 6:22pm On Dec 14, 2021
We paid unnecessary salaries in Nigeria..
And the annoying part, less than half of those who are receiving salaries are the working.

Majority are ghostir not doing their job. E.g The Senate house of reps, civil servants

3 Likes

Re: Look At What We Are Funding At The Expense Of Real Development by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:28pm On Dec 14, 2021
helinues:
We oaid unnecessary salaries in Nigeria..
And the annoying part, less than half of those who are receiving salaries are the working.
. Majority are ghost
yes
Majority are ghosts both in human or spiritual form!

Yes there are ghosts in human form we can see them and talk to them...

1 Like

Re: Look At What We Are Funding At The Expense Of Real Development by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 8:36am On Dec 15, 2021
Good write up my brother but we can only talk and talk, there is nothing we can do, all these started before we were born, we will live with it until this Country called NIGERIA crashed.

BABANGBALI:
1. 36 Governors
2. 36 Deputy-Governors
3. 36 Speakers and 36 Deputy-Speakers.
4. 36 Houses of Assembly.
5. 800 plus Commissioners and Thousands of SA’s and PA’s, not to talk of SA to SA and PA to PA.
6. 44 Ministers.
7. Hundreds of Aides-SA’s and PA’s and theirs.
8. 109 Senators and their aides
9. 360 members of the House of Representatives and their aides
10. Hundreds of Traditional Rulers and many more.
11. Hundreds of Thousands of largely unproductive workers.
12. 774 local government Chiramen and over 8000 councillors.

All being paid from largely oil money and others. Any wonder that our Recurrent Expenditure is higher and bigger than our Capital Expenditure in every budget cycle at the Federal and State levels!

We need to put a knife to the salaries and allowances of our elected public officials. The Civil Service is underpaid but it is too large and unproductive. Government needs to prune the Civil Service. These are not emotional issues, don’t come here unhinged. There is no way we can make real progress with the level of current recurrent expenditures, some dump heads should tell me that I am wrong
Re: Look At What We Are Funding At The Expense Of Real Development by BABANGBALI: 4:09pm On Dec 15, 2021
AsabaPropertyAg:
Good write up my brother but we can only talk and talk, there is nothing we can do, all these started before we were born, we will live with it until this Country called NIGERIA crashed.

it is beginning crumble
Re: Look At What We Are Funding At The Expense Of Real Development by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 15, 2021
BABANGBALI:

Agree without reservation
Re: Look At What We Are Funding At The Expense Of Real Development by Lanretoye(m): 5:53pm On Dec 15, 2021
Even the capital expenditure self ,let's take lagos for instance...tinubu come he say na road go dey here,dem do am.fashola come he say na flower for greener lagos go dey here,he scatter the road.ambode come he say na brt go dey here,he scatter the flower.sanwo olu come now ,he say na bridge go dey here and round about,he scatter the brt...now the capital expenditure self don become recurrent .

(1) (Reply)

Is Aisha Buhari Pregnant: See Photo / Breaking News: Garba Shehu, Other Presidential Aides Test Positive For COVID-19 / I Saw No Insult In The Police Officer's Response To Governor Sanwo Olu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.