Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Grandma's Visit - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Grandma's Visit (573 Views)

Living With My Grandma (Episode 1) / Living With My Grandma (18+) / Pls I Need Answers To Questions On "Tales From Grandma" By Dele Falodun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Grandma's Visit by Ezemmuo4: 6:28pm On Dec 14, 2021
Coming back from the hospital I was placed for my six months I.T, I was extremely tired and hungry that if left with a whole elephant, I would gulp it down within seconds. With the thought of hunger on my mind, I quicken my steps so I can get home early enough to prepare something to eat before I pass out.

Getting to our house, I heard some noise emanating from the kitchen. I was very curious on what the noise is all about. I curiously tiptoed to avoid attracting the attention of whosoever that is in the kitchen. Getting closer to the kitchen, I noticed that it was actually a pounding sound and it’s actually coming from our kitchen. To say I was surprised would be an understatement! Why? Because I was supposed to be the only one at home at that time of the day being that my parents went to the wedding of one of my uncles in the neighboring town and they also took my sister with them..
Getting to the kitchen door, I forcefully pushed the door so as to take whosoever there by surprise but it’s no other person than my paternal grandmother. She was all smiles when she saw me. She immediately left what she was cooking to give me a welcome hug.

The scent of OKPEI NSUKKA we got from Ogo Nna was very strong and really what we needed for the supposed onugbu soup she is cooking since I can see bitter leaves on the cooking table. I freed myself from her hug so I don’t start smelling Okpei Okpei if I’m going to work the next day. I then asked her” nne kedu Ife I na esi(mother what are you cooking)” She replied(Okoronkwo ezie, anam esi ofe onugbu(I’m cooking butter leaf soup) I beamed with joy immediately I heard her say that. Because she and my mom alone knows how to prepare it to my taste. I then told her that I would be heading to my room so as to change into my causal wear and still help her out with what she is cooking.

On getting to my room. I remembered something. It can’t be my grandmother that I greeted and hugged because she died eight years ago and before her death, she was partially blind so there is no how she would be preparing soup when blind. So therefore who is this. And moreover she has long been buried. Immediately I dropped my bag and raced back to the kitchen. I couldn’t find her there when I got there

I became really really terrified because I just had an encounter with a ghost. I was more curious to know what she was pounding. So I quietly and fearfully tiptoed to where the mortar is to know what’s in it

And atlas, it was the remains of the dog we bought last month that is there. I immediately passed out……....
Re: Grandma's Visit by gladdensir(m): 10:13am On Dec 24, 2021
Nice

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Project Writing Support / Kingdoms Of Conflict Is A Must-read-book / Kingdoms Of Conflict Is A Must-read-book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.