Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) (31134 Views)

Help! Black Spots On My Foot. / Pleas What Is This On My Foot / Guys Please What Kind Of Growth Is This?! (2) (3) (4)

Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by litaninja(m): 1:26pm On Dec 15, 2021
Have you heard of Tetanus before?
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by laeasy1(m): 1:26pm On Dec 15, 2021
Hey go take Tatanus injection..that’s what you need

Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by Anonymoususher: 1:33pm On Dec 15, 2021
You are playing with your life.

Who taught you to use fire and red oil to close your wounds?

If you know what is good for you, run to a hospital or a good nurse to give you tetanus injection before the leg gets infested badly which could lead to death or amputation.

Tetanus causing bacteria are anaerobic bacteria that do not need oxygen to survive so using red oil and fire to close the wound is like giving it what it wants (no oxygen).

Like I said, if you love your life go and take tetanus injection quickly because that is what you should have done immediately you got punctured

Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by zinizta: 1:39pm On Dec 15, 2021
Mikester:
Good evening, I posted this here cause of traffic. Pls help me out. Thanks.

I have this issue that has been bothering me. A dirty nail from a garbage heap at a site I went to work punctured my right foot last 2 weeks both front and middle of my right leg. I yanked it out causing little of the blood to flow out and I managed to walk to get a bus back to my hometown.

On arrival, I heat up a little cover of red oil on a knife and applied it at the two spots and afterwards closed up the injury with the knife, bearing the pain the whole while.

Eventually, Last week about two - five days, I could walk a bit well but after some time, the pain started to get back and now for the past three days, the leg began swelling up to what we have in the picture.

I consulted a pharmacist and she gave me some drugs including ampiclox (don't know if I got the spelling right) assuring me it will work.

I begun the dosage yesterday but I am a bit worried cause the swelling begun some days ago when I tried using hot water to try quicken the healing.

I just want to be sure if the hot water isn't going to negate the effects of the drugs I'm taking cause I'm in pains here. Thanks for your submissions.

Pls help for more audience.

Rush yourself to the hospital immediately!!!!!!!!
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by adanny01(m): 1:42pm On Dec 15, 2021
Mikester:

I have this issue that has been bothering me. A dirty nail from a garbage heap at a site I went to work punctured my right foot last 2 weeks both front and middle of my right leg. I yanked it out causing little of the blood to flow out and I managed to walk to get a bus back to my hometown.

On arrival, I heat up a little cover of red oil on a knife and applied it at the two spots and afterwards closed up the injury with the knife, bearing the pain the whole while.

Eventually, Last week about two - five days, I could walk a bit well but after some time, the pain started to get back and now for the past three days, the leg began swelling up to what we have in the picture.

I consulted a pharmacist and she gave me some drugs including ampiclox (don't know if I got the spelling right) assuring me it will work.

I begun the dosage yesterday but I am a bit worried cause the swelling begun some days ago when I tried using hot water to try quicken the healing.

I just want to be sure if the hot water isn't going to negate the effects of the drugs I'm taking cause I'm in pains here. Thanks for your submissions.

You should have taken a tetanus booster shot at most 48hrs after the injury. Thats my main concern
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by ModelLook(m): 1:42pm On Dec 15, 2021
You need Tetanus injection ASAP.
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by drdeath: 1:49pm On Dec 15, 2021
Mikester:

You are probably going to have tetanus since you did not take tetanus injection.
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by lomprico(m): 1:53pm On Dec 15, 2021
Mikester:

Go for tetanus injection
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by Marigold2rock(m): 2:36pm On Dec 15, 2021
Sonofagun1:
What you have is Gout arthritis. It is a build up of uric acid. See a sound medical Doctor for further examination as a lot of them do not know anything, especially the ones barking on Nairaland. You might be given allopurinol or colchicine with some NSAIDS and some dietary advice.

And u feel u're making any sense with dis ur write up? Boom u just went straight to diagnosing gout arthritis without any cognisance of the hx of presenting complain. And u're so fast to be insulting others. World people sha

Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by Davoski222: 2:38pm On Dec 15, 2021
It could be titanus......treat it well coz it almost killed me in 98 if not for GOD's mercy.
Elsanchez:
Sorry

Just give it time, it will heal

Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by Tecno66: 3:24pm On Dec 15, 2021
MufasaLion:
You consulted a pharmacist? You must be a clown.

Dude, go to a clinic and meet a physician. Pharmacists are to dispense drugs, not to be consulted on diagnosis.
No need for such harsh words. If its a real pharmacist, he is in a good position to treat the wound or advice further but if the pharmacy he is refering to is those medicine store people, then he is endagering his life.
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by drsibz66(m): 3:30pm On Dec 15, 2021
Marigold2rock:

And u feel u're making any sense with dis ur write up? Boom u just went straight to diagnosing gout arthritis without any cognisance of the hx of presenting complain. And u're so fast to be insulting others. World people sha

When you tell them you cant use google to treat ,they wont listen. What has gout arthritis got to do with post nail piercing wound complications .
Lol... black man.
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by snoopz: 3:37pm On Dec 15, 2021
for God sake go to the hospital and get yourself fixed na quack full here, some go still abuse you on top am
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by MufasaLion: 3:58pm On Dec 15, 2021
spiceadole:

Are you surprised?
Nigerians have a problem with consulting doctors in the clinic.
They rather take all sorts of medications in the chemist or Pharmacies.

I don't pity people like them if they die.
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by Phlakes(f): 4:23pm On Dec 15, 2021
Go for anti tetanus shot
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by shantti(m): 4:29pm On Dec 15, 2021
Go and take an anti tetanus injection
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by Ameduedwin: 5:09pm On Dec 15, 2021
Why not wearing safety Boot on site, any way, use hot water will reduce the swearing.
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by somtoto(m): 6:33pm On Dec 15, 2021
MufasaLion:
You consulted a pharmacist? You must be a clown.

Dude, go to a clinic and meet a physician. Pharmacists are to dispense drugs, not to be consulted on diagnosis.
who be this clown
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by kiddkash(m): 7:17pm On Dec 15, 2021
Mikester:

there is a simple solution to your problem. and it will go down back to normal within a day, instead of spending so much on medicine
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by MufasaLion: 7:33pm On Dec 15, 2021
somtoto:
who be this clown

Type properly.
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by pizapato(m): 7:53pm On Dec 15, 2021
Mikester:

The first thing to do is to take an injection that prevents Tetanus. The long you delay, the higher the risk.
Don't joke with this get anti tetanus asap
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by Anararim(m): 8:49pm On Dec 15, 2021
I don't think that hot water will make any difference to treatment. Actually, it depends on the source of the desease. If it is a sort of swelling, then it is good to use hot water, however, if the reason for this pain is bacteria, then you'd better stop using hot water to cure your foot, as it will make a good environment for the bacteria to spread. I have no idea why you haven't seen a doctor, because it looks really serious to me.
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by AuroraB(f): 9:23pm On Dec 15, 2021
Mikester:

Thanks but I reside at a developed area and she had once attended to me on this same issue when I was 14. Plus she is a family friend and neighbor.
Why didn't she recommend a TT shot �
Local pharmacists would lipsrsealed
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by zinaunreal(m): 10:11pm On Dec 15, 2021
Sonofagun1:
What you have is Gout arthritis. It is a build up of uric acid. See a sound medical Doctor for further examination as a lot of them do not know anything, especially the ones barking on Nairaland. You might be given allopurinol or colchicine with some NSAIDS and some dietary advice.

Lol what is this guy smoking? Lizard shiit?

Shittiest advice of 2021
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by Margaretola(f): 10:25pm On Dec 15, 2021
Please, you should consult a medical doctor. That leg might be infected. Here, have an online session with a doctor here
https://cribmd.com/
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by loadedvibes: 10:35pm On Dec 15, 2021
See a dumb person calling another dumb.. yes pharmacist are now trained to diagnose. That is why we have the The Doctors of Pharmacy. Which is now the new standard in pharmacy practice.. so far so good Uniben has produced more than 10 sets of Clinically oriented pharmacist with the Pharm. D trained to diagnose and treat.

Like I said you are ignorant and you are spreading it with full confidence. Dumb dumb
MufasaLion:

You're dumb. Are pharmacist trained to diagnose?
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by elooma: 11:20pm On Dec 15, 2021
Please take tetanus toxude, urgently, and see a doctor
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 16, 2021
OP you need a drug that will reduce the pain and swelling.
Hope you took Anti-tetanus... Very important!
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by EbenezerTriumph: 3:47pm On Dec 17, 2021
MufasaLion:

You're dumb. Are pharmacist trained to diagnose?
wetin this one Sabi?
You feel say na cultist issue be this?

Sunmolu Beckley Honoured In Canada, A Street Named After Him (PICS) / Woman Who Lost 4 Children In Kerosene Explosion Runs Mad / Boy Who Was Declared "Dead” Recovers (Photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62