Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,675 members, 7,820,371 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Can You Answer This Interview Question? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Answer This Interview Question? (714 Views)

How Best Can You Answer The Question: Do You Love Me? / Who Knows Igbo Culture Very Well, Help Me Answer This Question. / Be Careful Of The Names You Answer. See Why (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Answer This Interview Question? by Supreme145(m): 12:16am On Dec 15, 2021
This Question was thrown to me in an interview with a foreign firm and I wondered how its connected to tech.....I tried to answer but they said my response wasn't satisfactory. I would like to get your views to the question.
Question: Name one TRUTH that YOU believe about something that is known to the World, but that the average person would find unconventional or controversial, and would explicitly disagree with you on.

1 Like

Re: Can You Answer This Interview Question? by ChiefSosa(m): 12:47am On Dec 15, 2021
This is the popular Contrarian question, and it was asked by Peter Thiel -a German Billionaire entrepreneur. I believe your interviewers just twisted the question to seem a bit confusing.
Anyway, there isn't a particular answer to that question as the answers depend on an individual's opinion. Even I, myself, have different opinions regarding that question.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Answer This Interview Question? by Supreme145(m): 1:03am On Dec 15, 2021
ChiefSosa:
This is the popular Contrarian question, and it was asked by Peter Thiel. I believe your interviewers just twisted the question to seem a bit confusing.
Anyway, there isn't a particular answer to that question as the answers depend on an individual's opinion. Even I, myself, have different opinions regarding that question.
Please I would like to know your opinion sir, please share
Re: Can You Answer This Interview Question? by Richy4(m): 1:07am On Dec 15, 2021
I will go with evolution...how scientists felt that human came from Ape,... then u channel it on religious believe and how a lot of people will not buy it embarassed...
But what kind of stupid question was that anyways undecided
Re: Can You Answer This Interview Question? by ChiefSosa(m): 1:29am On Dec 15, 2021
Richy4:
I will go with evolution...how scientists felt that human came from Ape,... then u channel it on religious believe and how a lot of people will not buy it embarassed...
But what kind of stupid question was that anyways undecided
Evolution is real, since we've seen evolutions/changes occur in several animals. But, HUMAN evolution is NOT real. People just keep confusing and putting different meanings to the theory of evolution.
Scientists didn't say humans originated FROM apes, they simply said humans experienced evolution ALONG several other ape species. Humans are also technically apes; we are of just of different species from gorillas, orangutans, etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Answer This Interview Question? by ChiefSosa(m): 1:29am On Dec 15, 2021
Supreme145:

Please I would like to know your opinion sir, please share
This particular opinion is related to Nigeria:
Well, I think we need to give lesser attention to religion and more attention to science & technology, especially in Nigeria and Africa as a whole. We spend way much money, time and land to build church auditoriums and other religious centres, rather than building factories that will employ more people and boost our economy.
That's one opinion that I have, but I feel an average person would find unconventional or controversial, and would explicitly disagree with me on, even though such person knows it's the truth!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Answer This Interview Question? by Richy4(m): 1:43am On Dec 15, 2021
ChiefSosa:

Evolution is real, since we've seen evolutions/changes occur in several animals. But, HUMAN evolution is NOT real. People just keep confusing and putting different meanings to the theory of evolution.
Scientists didn't say humans originated FROM apes, they simply said humans experienced evolution ALONG several other ape species. Humans are also technically apes; we are of just of different species from gorillas, orangutans, etc

I don't even know what you were trying to educate me on my brother.... I only suggested a controversial answer that could be helpful in OP's questions? So In your own opinion, what is the right answer to his question? smiley
Re: Can You Answer This Interview Question? by ChiefSosa(m): 1:47am On Dec 15, 2021
Richy4:

I don't even know what you were trying to educate me on my brother.... I only suggested a controversial answer that could be helpful in OP's questions? So In your own opinion, what is the right answer to his question? smiley
Lol. Oga, I just said I should clarify you on evolution, since we are kuku here.
Regarding the OP's question, there is no particular answer(s), the answer(s) depends on an individual's opinion. I already gave one opinion. Look up at the comment above yours!
Re: Can You Answer This Interview Question? by Richy4(m): 1:56am On Dec 15, 2021
ChiefSosa:

Lol. Oga, I just said I should clarify you on evolution, since we are kuku here.
Regarding the OP's question, there is no particular answer(s), the answer(s) depends on an individual's opinion. I already gave one opinion. Look up at the comment above yours!

cheesy cheesy cheesy
I used to have your type of personality in my class those days in my secondary school way back ...the types that feels their answers were the best... Thank u oo for clarifying evolution... I believe with this your attitude, na you go carry first position for this class this term, just keep it up grin
Re: Can You Answer This Interview Question? by ChiefSosa(m): 2:09am On Dec 15, 2021
Richy4:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
I used to have your type of personality in my class those days in my secondary school way back ...the types that feels their answers were the best... Thank u oo for clarifying evolution... I believe na you go carry first this term in this class smiley .. grin
Lol, far from that, boss!
We're all here to learn, and no one knows it all, including me! I've just met lots of people that confuse this theory of evolution, and the confusion is so widespread that even I thought we evolved FROM apes. I had to study excessively for a long time, only to find out they meant we evoluted ALONG apes and it was just confusion in semantics. We all learn everyday, and I can also learn from you!
Re: Can You Answer This Interview Question? by Richy4(m): 2:24am On Dec 15, 2021
ChiefSosa:

Lol, far from that, boss!
We're all here to learn, and no one knows it all, including me! I've just met lots of people that confuse this theory of evolution, and the confusion is so widespread that even I thought we evolved FROM apes. I had to study excessively for a long time, only to find out they meant we evoluted ALONG apes and it was just confusion in semantics. We all learn everyday, and I can also learn from you!

I understand my Brother... what they were just testing the OP was to find out if he can think on his feet.. That was the way I view it...His ability to provide a controversial answer that doesn't go down well with everyone is what they wanted...

It was just like asking on an interview, if you were an animal, what kind of Animal will that be and why...There was no specific answer to that question but if one's job requires attention to details and targets, one could go for an Eagle..
Re: Can You Answer This Interview Question? by ChiefSosa(m): 2:36am On Dec 15, 2021
Richy4:

I understand my Brother... what they were just testing the OP was to find out if he can think on his feet.. That was the way I view it...His ability to provide a controversial answer that doesn't go down well with everyone is what they wanted...

It was just like asking on an interview, if you were an animal, what kind of Animal will that be and why...There was no specific answer to that question but if one's job requires attention to details and targets, one could go for an Eagle..
Exactly! That's why I made that opinion up there about religious centers. Corona virus pandemic CLEARLY showed us that we were seriously lacking in the country's health sector. We only have thousands upon thousands of religious centers, and NONE of those religious centers could even predict or cure the virus, rather they closed down, while waiting for other countries to find cure to the virus. If I were the president, I'll order so many of these religious centers to be demolished, and other buildings like hospitals and scientific research facilities to be built instead.
Re: Can You Answer This Interview Question? by Nobody: 2:45am On Dec 15, 2021
Supreme145:
This Question was thrown to me in an interview with a foreign firm and I wondered how its connected to tech.....I tried to answer but they said my response wasn't satisfactory. I would like to get your views to the question.
Question: Name one TRUTH that YOU believe about something that is known to the World, but that the average person would find unconventional or controversial, and would explicitly disagree with you on.

Please I beg of you, be wary of companies that ask stupid questions like this. They are useless 98% of the time. I know there are no jobs in Nigeria but please don't jump from fry pan to fire. This Interview style is completely meaningless and no one should be answering stupid questions like this in 2021.

The question has nothing to do with Tech, If this isn't your first job please avoid this company.
Re: Can You Answer This Interview Question? by anthonyuncle(m): 3:24am On Dec 15, 2021
the person wey ask you that question no like you lipsrsealed
Re: Can You Answer This Interview Question? by BMathew: 12:46pm On Dec 15, 2021
What a nice opportunity to preach the gospel to him/her, a very short an inspired one and at the end get him/her to saved.
My opinion.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

House Clearance Sales!!! / Landlord Refused To Give Me Receipt Of Rent. / My Kids Has Invented A New Play Thing!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.