Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,625 members, 7,816,573 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

UK STUDENT VISAS CUT: The Economy To Loose Over £2.3billion - UKBA STUDY REPORT - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK STUDENT VISAS CUT: The Economy To Loose Over £2.3billion - UKBA STUDY REPORT (968 Views)

Spanish Student Visas / UKBA Officers Caught In Lagos Filing Fake Visa Application For Maid / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UK STUDENT VISAS CUT: The Economy To Loose Over £2.3billion - UKBA STUDY REPORT by OmoTier1(m): 6:51pm On Jun 13, 2011
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mobile/education-13751446

So those experts were right from the beginning! Net gain from David Cameron's immigration policy is going to be negative for the UK both in short and long term!

Will D.C  goverment listen? I guess not!
Re: UK STUDENT VISAS CUT: The Economy To Loose Over £2.3billion - UKBA STUDY REPORT by justwise(m): 6:59pm On Jun 13, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mobile/education-13751446

So those experts were right from the beginning! Net gain from David Cameron's immigration policy is going to be negative for the UK both in short and long term!

Will D.C  goverment listen? I guess not!

Honestly i think Nigerians should consider other countries for their studies, Canada, Australia etc.
Re: UK STUDENT VISAS CUT: The Economy To Loose Over £2.3billion - UKBA STUDY REPORT by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jun 13, 2011
@justwise, the reason most people opt to study in the UK is because it is cheaper to study there considering the fact that UK MSc is 12months while it takes 24months in Canada & Australia. Even the cost of flying to Australia is about 800k.
Re: UK STUDENT VISAS CUT: The Economy To Loose Over £2.3billion - UKBA STUDY REPORT by justwise(m): 9:19pm On Jun 13, 2011
Okunima:

@justwise, the reason most people opt to study in the UK is because it is cheaper to study there considering the fact that UK MSc is 12months while it takes 24months in Canada & Australia. Even the cost of flying to Australia is about 800k.

You are right but Canada gives u the right to work after graduation while the UK will not from next yr, so its a trade-off
Re: UK STUDENT VISAS CUT: The Economy To Loose Over £2.3billion - UKBA STUDY REPORT by Slyp: 10:23pm On Jun 13, 2011
Hop no changes has been make in regards to student visa applicatios cos i wish to apply by july.
Re: UK STUDENT VISAS CUT: The Economy To Loose Over £2.3billion - UKBA STUDY REPORT by OmoTier1(m): 10:52pm On Jun 13, 2011
I think the government totally under estimated the net contribution foreign student make to the UK economy.

The so called Immigration reforms will back fire big time and for real, many foriegn students are now looking in the way of Canada, Austraila.

I am sure chinese students will be the first to make the switch and so too will the local chinese shops with several local economies to be the hardest hit. Home students fees will end up being £12,000 by 2015 if the government continue her reforms which is more or less a killer pill.

Do I smell similar 1980s protest on the streets of Britain this autumm/summer? Looks more like it.

Meanwhile, companies are continuing to advertize higly skilled jobs and they can't find the required people with the right skills set 'cos goverment mad rush immigration changes has left many skilled workers unsure of thier continuos stay and are now looking elsewhere as possible destination for work and settlement.How on earth do you tell someone who earns £45,000/per with 40% taxes that He would only be allowed to spend maximum 3years and would have to sit out 12months before being allowed to apply for further work permit when other places like Austraila are now luring skilled workers with right of abode after 4-5yrs of work permit.

Maybe the UK is about to realized that the global villiage doesn't all revovle only around them afterall.

Hope other countries will take cue from the UK on how not to carry out immigration reforms on the backside of descrimination and public hatred.
Re: UK STUDENT VISAS CUT: The Economy To Loose Over £2.3billion - UKBA STUDY REPORT by newacca: 9:25am On Jun 14, 2011
UK government has failed! African and Asian students pay huge amount of money to study in UK,yet the UK are not friendly with them. All they do is,exploitation. Now they shot themselves at the leg with their new rule. Why are Africans considering UK in the first place? when there better schools and African students friendly countries like Canada,U.S and rest of Europe are calling.
I am rolling and laughing at the UK government cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Pls Clear My Doubt (pix Inclusive) / Help / Picture Of A Nairalander And Mum In Malaysia For Xmas And New Year Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.