Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,999 members, 7,810,782 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

I Always Eat A Lot When I'm Broke, Am I Abnormal? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Always Eat A Lot When I'm Broke, Am I Abnormal? (1543 Views)

This Dude Has Really Hurt A Lot Of Business: Pictures / How Thieves Entered My Room And Carted Away A Lot Of Items Using Voodoo Or Charm / Thief Forced To Eat A Plate Of Raw Pepper After Being Caught (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Always Eat A Lot When I'm Broke, Am I Abnormal? by JOACHINpedro: 11:43am On Dec 15, 2021
I don't know the section that is best to put this so pls bear with me.
I've been noticing this over time esp when I was in uni. But recently, it became too obvious for me to ignore.
Anytime I have cash, I invest it to my passion that I'm sure will yield something reasonable on the long run but when I'm broke, I see myself making decisions that always end up in the stomach. Yea, hunger always comes with the brokeness but if I get cash during that time I always eat more than I should. This is in contrast to when I'm a bit financially stable and hungry, I eat to my fill and feel contented afterwards.
Is there a psychologyical explanation to this??

3 Likes

Re: I Always Eat A Lot When I'm Broke, Am I Abnormal? by aanuoluwami14(f): 11:55am On Dec 15, 2021
grin
Re: I Always Eat A Lot When I'm Broke, Am I Abnormal? by JOACHINpedro: 11:57am On Dec 15, 2021
aanuoluwami14:
grin
Why are you laughing at my adversity?
Pls if you don't have an input, kindly disregard the thread
Re: I Always Eat A Lot When I'm Broke, Am I Abnormal? by DonJuan1(m): 12:26pm On Dec 15, 2021
It seems like you are stress eating due to anxiety caused by your broke condition. Calm your mind and you should be alright before you discourage your helper by looking more well-fed than someone who needs help
wink

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Always Eat A Lot When I'm Broke, Am I Abnormal? by JOACHINpedro: 1:07pm On Dec 15, 2021
DonJuan1:
It seems like you are stress eating due to anxiety caused by your broke condition. Calm your mind and you should be alright before you discourage your helper by looking more well-fed than someone who needs help
wink
How do I calm my mind in my broke state, pls teach me I'm willing to learn
Re: I Always Eat A Lot When I'm Broke, Am I Abnormal? by neonly: 1:19pm On Dec 15, 2021
Eating and health has to do with d stage of yur mind nothing is wrong with u it happen to everybody

1 Like

Re: I Always Eat A Lot When I'm Broke, Am I Abnormal? by JOACHINpedro: 1:23pm On Dec 15, 2021
neonly:
Eating and health has to do with d stage of yur mind nothing is wrong with u it happen to everybody
So you eat more when broke?
As in instead of managing any shishi you see, you tend squander it on edibles?
Re: I Always Eat A Lot When I'm Broke, Am I Abnormal? by neonly: 2:07pm On Dec 15, 2021
JOACHINpedro:

So you eat more when broke?
As in instead of managing any shishi you see, you tend squander it on edibles?

U must understand dat d mind is a very powerful tool in our body
Can heal u
Can make u happy
Can think well etc those are power of d mind
Once u broke yur mind start helping it self imagination of different form of food
So nothing do u Abeg just d mind playing tricks on u

1 Like

Re: I Always Eat A Lot When I'm Broke, Am I Abnormal? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 15, 2021
Same here oh. Even like this self the hunger dey attack me right, left, centre. The next time I lay my hands on cash I will eat till both my mind and stomach bow before my pocket.
Re: I Always Eat A Lot When I'm Broke, Am I Abnormal? by laiperi: 3:13pm On Dec 15, 2021
True, it happens to all of us. But it is not on food alone. We wish greedily for what we lack because we feel insecure.

Our behavior towards food, a basic need may be manifested in other area. The poor also waste food and money when they have it.

The opposite behavior is hoarding for fear of not having enough for tomorrow. Parents have that fear because they worked hard to acquire what they have while their children waste out of false sense of security.

These incongruous behaviors may be demonstrated when the poor eat more than they should for fear that there may be none tomorrow.

The wealthy have no such fear and can wait or even diet to live longer.

Humans are complicated beings.

neonly:

5 Likes

Re: I Always Eat A Lot When I'm Broke, Am I Abnormal? by JOACHINpedro: 3:32pm On Dec 15, 2021
laiperi:
True, it happens to all of us. But it is not on food alone. We wish greedily for what we lack because we feel insecure.

Our behavior towards food, a basic need may be manifested in other area. The poor also waste food and money when they have it.

The opposite behavior is hoarding for fear of not having enough for tomorrow. Parents have that fear because they worked hard to acquire what they have while their children waste out of false sense of security.

These incongruous behaviors may be demonstrated when the poor eat more than they should for fear that there may be none tomorrow.

So I in summary, I eat a lot when broke because I fear I won't see tomorrow's bread.
Is it normal?, if not, what is the name of the disorder? Does it even have a name yet? Can the disorder be rectified?
Re: I Always Eat A Lot When I'm Broke, Am I Abnormal? by JOACHINpedro: 3:38pm On Dec 15, 2021
neonly:

U must understand dat d mind is a very powerful tool in our body
Can heal u
Can make u happy
Can think well etc those are power of d mind
Once u broke yur mind start helping it self imagination of different form of food
So nothing do u Abeg just d mind playing tricks on u
I think this correlates with the assertion below
laiperi:

1 Like

Re: I Always Eat A Lot When I'm Broke, Am I Abnormal? by neonly: 3:52pm On Dec 15, 2021
JOACHINpedro:

I think this correlates with the assertion below

Yeh
Re: I Always Eat A Lot When I'm Broke, Am I Abnormal? by alanto: 8:59am On Dec 16, 2021
Relocate to IMO state. You go chop meat tire. Human meat though

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Always Eat A Lot When I'm Broke, Am I Abnormal? by JOACHINpedro: 6:51am On Dec 17, 2021
alanto:
Pis take your tribal BS out of my thread. If you can't engage the topic intelligently, swipe out from the thread

1 Like

Re: I Always Eat A Lot When I'm Broke, Am I Abnormal? by Sonnobax15(m): 11:24am On Dec 17, 2021
grin
Na normal thing about poor people grin

Dangote fit use eat two slices of bread as breakfast,but a poor man will rather demand for the whole loaf cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Always Eat A Lot When I'm Broke, Am I Abnormal? by JOACHINpedro: 12:55pm On Dec 18, 2021
Sonnobax15:
grin
Na normal thing about poor people grin

Dangote fit use eat two slices of bread as breakfast,but a poor man will rather demand for the whole loaf cheesy
I'll conduct a lil research on this. Will reply you when I have enough evidence from my stat
Re: I Always Eat A Lot When I'm Broke, Am I Abnormal? by dododawa1: 3:35pm On Dec 18, 2021
Either BUHARI fault or DEVIL plan.
Re: I Always Eat A Lot When I'm Broke, Am I Abnormal? by JOACHINpedro: 6:33am On Dec 19, 2021
dododawa1:
Either BUHARI fault or DEVIL plan.
Devil plan to do what exactly?
Re: I Always Eat A Lot When I'm Broke, Am I Abnormal? by dododawa1: 6:46am On Dec 19, 2021
JOACHINpedro:

Devil plan to do what exactly?
to finished your last card on food
Re: I Always Eat A Lot When I'm Broke, Am I Abnormal? by igbesachick: 3:47pm On Dec 19, 2021
define "broke".

when i totally had no income, i would save as much as i could on daily basis.

when i found a lousy job that pays little, i would squander the money then.

when i earned more than the average ppl around me, i would ration my money reasonably.
Re: I Always Eat A Lot When I'm Broke, Am I Abnormal? by NaWa4Lyf: 5:50pm On Dec 19, 2021
alanto:
grin
Re: I Always Eat A Lot When I'm Broke, Am I Abnormal? by adesoji509: 8:08pm On Dec 19, 2021
sad
Re: I Always Eat A Lot When I'm Broke, Am I Abnormal? by RiceProducers: 11:10pm On Dec 19, 2021
Very normal. Happens to 99.9% of people
Re: I Always Eat A Lot When I'm Broke, Am I Abnormal? by BlackfireX: 6:51am On Dec 20, 2021
Stop eating sacrifices put at the junction you won't hear... now see the result
Re: I Always Eat A Lot When I'm Broke, Am I Abnormal? by JOACHINpedro: 8:43am On Dec 20, 2021
igbesachick:
define "broke".

when i totally had no income, i would save as much as i could on daily basis.

when i found a lousy job that pays little, i would squander the money then.

when i earned more than the average ppl around me, i would ration my money reasonably.

My point exactly. I can't save nor invest when I'm broke.
My belle dey always dey carry all the small allocation I'll get then
Re: I Always Eat A Lot When I'm Broke, Am I Abnormal? by JOACHINpedro: 8:43am On Dec 20, 2021
dododawa1:
to finished your last card on food
I doubt

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gunmen Were Captured Shooting At Angry Keke Riders In Nnewi (video) / British-(Nigeria) Girl In Drug Scam In Ghana? / Girl Bites Off Rapist's Penis In Lagos Graphic Photo Inside

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.