Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

How do i stop drug addiction please help? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How do i stop drug addiction please help? (634 Views)

Drug Smuggler Jailed In The UK Ordered To Provide Money He Hid In Nigeria.Photos / Two Men Drug & Rape 8-Year-Old Girl To Coma In Rivers State (Photos) / Drug Suspect In U.S Jumps Into Ocean To Evade Police, Swims Near Huge Shark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How do i stop drug addiction please help? by Alexgman1(m): 1:28pm On Dec 15, 2021
I have been self medicating on Tramadol for a year now due to medical advice given to me by a coworker that it helps to fight depression and anxiety by calming the nerves and central nervous system. So I started consuming tramadol once a day on daily basis as I go out to my daily work as a teacher. It really helped me alot. Infact it was like magic anytime i take Tramadol. It stops me from being depressed, anxious, restless, scared, angry and hungry all the time. Once I take one in d morning am good to go for that whole day in my work. This medication reduces the stress, tension, disturbance and every bit of unpleasant experience as a teacher. Everyday I live like a Superman with no worries, fears and anxiety. But I never knew it was an addictive drug, that one day when I feel or want to stop I won't be able to. Now I want to quit it completely but its very hard so impossible because of the severe withdrawal symptoms I do get if I don't take tramadol for a day. If I don't take Tramadol after 18 to 24hrs I feel depressed, restless, feverish, mood swings, Hallucinations and other uncomfortable feelings due to dependence and cravings for the drug. Over time I went from taking just one 100mg of tramadol a day to three 100mg a day just to get the full effect of the drug as one doesn't hold me or work for my system again as am now drug tolerant to it. Now I spend #600 to #700daily on tramadol which is amounting to #18,000 to #20,000 a month. Now subtract #20000 from my salary of #40,000 as a maths teacher and look at what is left from my salary. I will eat, cloth, pay bills and pay rent with just #20000 left? So tell me how do I save, invest or settle down with this drug addiction of a thing. Am really fed up and these days devil is tormenting me with suicide thoughts but I will never give in. PLEASE I NEED THE MEDICS IN THE HOUSE TO HELP ME OUT ON HOW TO DETOXIFY MYSELF SO THAT I CAN GET RID OF THIS TRAMADOL FROM MY SYSTEM. BEFORE IT TAKES MY LIFE.
Re: How do i stop drug addiction please help? by Mood11: 1:31pm On Dec 15, 2021
The best Detox comes from one's mind.
You have to work on your mind, consciously start reducing the dosage you take and if possible get an accountability partner, that person will keep you in check and help you overcome the addiction.
Shalom

2 Likes

Re: How do i stop drug addiction please help? by Pauladex(m): 1:42pm On Dec 15, 2021
Do you wish to witdraw bcoz it is costly or bcoz it is not good for your health? if the
cost is the problem buy in bulk to reduce the price but if the reason been that addiction is not good for your health and it distroy, seek for help from professional and determine to be free .Wish ing you quick recovery .

1 Like

Re: How do i stop drug addiction please help? by MickzyDonald: 1:51pm On Dec 15, 2021
Your body is fighting against the withdrawal, just try to avoid the drug, tell em where you are buying it from not to sell to you ever again no matter what,try keeping money away from you and sleep when you are not engaged in any activity, YOU CAN OVERCOME IT
Re: How do i stop drug addiction please help? by NaijaGoBetter20: 1:53pm On Dec 15, 2021
Ok
Re: How do i stop drug addiction please help? by Alexgman1(m): 1:54pm On Dec 15, 2021
At this stage its not easy to withdraw by myself just like DAT. I have to reduce the dosage because a day without is like hell or worse
Re: How do i stop drug addiction please help? by gasparpisciotta: 2:14pm On Dec 15, 2021
If the effect on your monthly salary does not motivate you to stop, then you are in on a long haul.

Perhaps you need to be slalomed to stop
Re: How do i stop drug addiction please help? by anonymuz(m): 2:17pm On Dec 15, 2021
It's mindset. Just try reducing it, after stop once. The withdrawal symptoms might be difficult. I'm fighting with alcohol now. The withdrawal isn't easy. From shaky hands to hallucination,I'm getting over it.
Re: How do i stop drug addiction please help? by Divoc19(f): 2:30pm On Dec 15, 2021
YES YOU CAN STOP IT!
Get a trusted friend or sibling to help you with the process. Start by reducing the quantity then you stop. Mind you, it can take up to a year or more to stop it.
Be determined.
Imagine if it is your child that is taking the drug. Good Luck
Re: How do i stop drug addiction please help? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 15, 2021
I've gone tru that twice.It was 2015, I got addicted due to depression and hardship above all my close friends had all gone to school leaving me alone in the street. I don't got not parent or anyone to send me to school. Tramadol became my bad ass friend. Then the packet of 250mg was sold for 200, 4000 naira presently. My brother na hell be that o to stop that thing you go hear pkansa pkansa. I use to consume 650 every single day for at least a year. the withdrawal symptom is something you want to expirience once in a life time trust me. that depression when you dey run from you go c times 5. all your body go weak anyhow, no sleep at night, uncomfortable sweating, full stomach with noise, constant spitting, pain in the eyes when you roll your eyes, your arm pit go dey smell acid and many more. my advise reduce the quantity per day small small for like 5 days than the 6th day no take am at all. the 7th day if the symptom is still severe still be taking small enough to make it a little bearable till you unhook your self. It can take up to a month to be free of that stuff. Na demon drug when dey give 10% certisfaction and take 60% from you. But I still take it like 3 times a month when I really have something to be happy about. Pardon my pidgin english. At the end you go unhook your self by luck aided by lack of funds and your own little effort else it can't really be conquered on purpose.

1 Like

Re: How do i stop drug addiction please help? by AmazingStudios(m): 7:40pm On Dec 15, 2021
Chai sorry

(1) (Reply)

Help Find Emmanuel David - Picture Attached / Nigerian Man In UK Who Stopped Rape Told ‘You’re Dead Meat’ Before Being Shot / Church General Overseer Arrested With Drugs At Lagos Airport.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.