Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Soludo Recalls His Youth While Growing Up In Fegge Onitsha: Picture - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo Recalls His Youth While Growing Up In Fegge Onitsha: Picture (38420 Views)

Gov Soludo Transformation Of Fegge Onitsha (photos) / Sultan Of Sokoto Goes Emotional, Recalls His 40 Years Friendship With Peter Obi / Lynda Chuba Ikpeazu Attracts Road Construction In Fegge Community, Onitsha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soludo Recalls His Youth While Growing Up In Fegge Onitsha: Picture by stasius: 11:18pm On Dec 15, 2021
kettykings:

Thank you for this insightful information. Fegge has a natural lake in it beside the great River Niger . It seems the hidden gem of this underated city is about to be unveiled by no other person than soludo. This fegge can host a business district, urban dwelling estates as well as a resort. I notice also most people are building clubs and hotels in Asaba , if Onitsha is reworked,it will come at a big price but it will help the city to regenerate itself

Yes. They also have another river (river Nwangene) which is along Bida road. The river is packed with very fat pigs those days. I don't even know where the swine come from. If they want to insult you those days when we were children they will call you Ezi Bida in reference to the Swine of pigs that stay in that river. The number was so numerous. I wonder where they have migrated to or if they still exist.

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Recalls His Youth While Growing Up In Fegge Onitsha: Picture by Nonybb: 11:19pm On Dec 15, 2021
When I left Fegge, I discovered that almost all Nigeria are not like that place. They have the most planned structural edifice I have ever come across. When I went to Bauchi for NYSC, I came back and appreciated Anambra the more

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Recalls His Youth While Growing Up In Fegge Onitsha: Picture by stasius: 11:22pm On Dec 15, 2021
InternalAuditor:

There are lots of empty spaces in Fegge including the mini stadium

Yes. Fegge has a stadium too. You are correct!

1 Like

Re: Soludo Recalls His Youth While Growing Up In Fegge Onitsha: Picture by Akeem79(m): 12:22am On Dec 16, 2021
stasius:

Yes. They also have another river (river Nwangene) which is along Bida road. The river is packed with very fat pigs those days. I don't even know where the swine come from. If they want to insult you those days when we were children they will call you Ezi Bida in reference to the Swine of pigs that stay in that river. The number was so numerous. I wonder where they have migrated to or if they still exist.

Nwangene is along creek / niger street heading ose nku side and at the back of bida road

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soludo Recalls His Youth While Growing Up In Fegge Onitsha: Picture by freeborn02: 2:21am On Dec 16, 2021
post=108533019:
Do not despise the days of little beginning.......

Lolz. This paid poster has started again. grin
Re: Soludo Recalls His Youth While Growing Up In Fegge Onitsha: Picture by abir: 3:25am On Dec 16, 2021
grin come to think of it, there is also a popular place call fegge in kano.

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Recalls His Youth While Growing Up In Fegge Onitsha: Picture by Benitoh: 3:54am On Dec 16, 2021
Nonybb:
When I left Fegge, I discovered that almost all Nigeria are not like that place. They have the most planned structural edifice I have ever come across. When I went to Bauchi for NYSC, I came back and appreciated Anambra the more

Wow... What a striking impression.

Anambra is highly underrated and has alot of potentials.
Re: Soludo Recalls His Youth While Growing Up In Fegge Onitsha: Picture by Connoisseur(m): 5:15am On Dec 16, 2021
Frigga13:
Fegge The heart of otu nkwo.. born in fegge. . Lafiaji street. Mehn..
Onitsha Ado to the world.. soludo no dull onitsha .. like OBIANO.

I rep Obosi Street

1 Like

Re: Soludo Recalls His Youth While Growing Up In Fegge Onitsha: Picture by Connoisseur(m): 5:21am On Dec 16, 2021
SIRG120:
Do you still remember Oduwani street / Akulu community Bank?

Their radio jingle of those days just played in my head
Re: Soludo Recalls His Youth While Growing Up In Fegge Onitsha: Picture by Connoisseur(m): 5:24am On Dec 16, 2021
emmabest2000:

Mini stadium ?

Apart from nwangene the dumping garbage area , fegge has no other area with empty land .

Akulu Community bank very close to Headbrigde market grin

Umu otu , kedu nu maka Anu gbogbo and co

All the bungalows and one storey buildings are the new empty lots

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Recalls His Youth While Growing Up In Fegge Onitsha: Picture by Mac2016(m): 6:10am On Dec 16, 2021
Beautifully crafted piece from a sound professor. I have always admired him tho.

1 Like

Re: Soludo Recalls His Youth While Growing Up In Fegge Onitsha: Picture by JaroMan: 6:27am On Dec 16, 2021
gehbma:
It will be extremely difficult to do anything to beautify Fegge without hurting a lot people because the place is over-populated with so many illegal structures.
Those illegal structures will be gone. Go to Ogbaru LGA and see development. People building houses. But again, without plan. So to restore Fegge, demolition must happen and new towns created. Oba, ogbunike, etc are all there. Onitsha will not for because of traders.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soludo Recalls His Youth While Growing Up In Fegge Onitsha: Picture by Diligence: 6:44am On Dec 16, 2021
Soludo Wld do well to return Fegge to the real owners - NDI-OBOSI.

Zik had used his inimical influence to annexe Fegge to Onitsha with over 200 buildings constructed & owned by Obosi Engineers in the "60s... Check the newspaper articles then... Fegge belongs to Obosi, not Onitsha...

1 Like

Re: Soludo Recalls His Youth While Growing Up In Fegge Onitsha: Picture by Cyberterror: 6:49am On Dec 16, 2021
It is highly likely that fegge was named for Fagge the ancient district in Kano city because fegge doesn't mean anything in Igbo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soludo Recalls His Youth While Growing Up In Fegge Onitsha: Picture by RealDaughter(f): 6:57am On Dec 16, 2021
Oga Soludo calm down,We are all Feggites,I think Fegge is more preferable now,If they brink back the Fegge of Old people go migrate ooo

1 Like

Re: Soludo Recalls His Youth While Growing Up In Fegge Onitsha: Picture by Mftivi: 8:43am On Dec 16, 2021
Frigga13:
Fegge The heart of otu nkwo.. born in fegge. . Lafiaji street. Mehn..
Onitsha Ado to the world.. soludo no dull onitsha .. like OBIANO.
the popular market close to lafiagi, oduwanu market.

1 Like

Re: Soludo Recalls His Youth While Growing Up In Fegge Onitsha: Picture by Mftivi: 8:54am On Dec 16, 2021
SIRG120:
Do you still remember Oduwani street / Akulu community Bank?
I remember it like yesterday, there was one man that sells toys at the entrance of oduwanu market popularly called father grin
Re: Soludo Recalls His Youth While Growing Up In Fegge Onitsha: Picture by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 16, 2021
NWAZURUMEE:
am a fegge brought up, moujekwu street off ziks avenue fegge onitsha
what do you want us to do now??
Re: Soludo Recalls His Youth While Growing Up In Fegge Onitsha: Picture by InternalAuditor: 9:01am On Dec 16, 2021
Grgton:
what do you want us to do now??

How does his statement concern you, why not for once face your backward useless worthless shithole imo state?

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Recalls His Youth While Growing Up In Fegge Onitsha: Picture by InternalAuditor: 9:01am On Dec 16, 2021
NWAZURUMEE:
am a fegge brought up, moujekwu street off ziks avenue fegge onitsha

Cool
Re: Soludo Recalls His Youth While Growing Up In Fegge Onitsha: Picture by LikeAking: 9:16am On Dec 16, 2021
Ezemust:
I have great hope in soludo.he will make a great leader

Never trust any polictician.

1 Like

Re: Soludo Recalls His Youth While Growing Up In Fegge Onitsha: Picture by joe120120(m): 10:46am On Dec 16, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
Actually, looking at Fegge from GoogleMaps, will tell you it was meant to be one. But Just like Ajegunle and some other parts of lagos, things sadly went south.

Nwanja lake with those wicked pig s

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Soludo Recalls His Youth While Growing Up In Fegge Onitsha: Picture by NWAZURUMEE: 7:52pm On Dec 16, 2021
SIRG120:
Do you know Anybody by name.... Mala Sun/ Ejima...... Law the ministers son to be Precised
I know ifeanyi his son, law the minister is a photographer, I know him
Re: Soludo Recalls His Youth While Growing Up In Fegge Onitsha: Picture by Tomek09(m): 8:36pm On Dec 16, 2021
Diligence:
Soludo Wld do well to return Fegge to the real owners - NDI-OBOSI.

Zik had used his inimical influence to annexe Fegge to Onitsha with over 200 buildings constructed & owned by Obosi Engineers in the "60s... Check the newspaper articles then... Fegge belongs to Obosi, not Onitsha...
So it should be Fegge-Obosi abi??

1 Like

Re: Soludo Recalls His Youth While Growing Up In Fegge Onitsha: Picture by wealthtrak: 11:48am On Mar 12, 2022
AmericanQuarter:
Christmas in Fegge!

As a Teenager, the excitement that I would spend my Christmas holiday in Fegge was unimaginable. The experience enriched my worldview to the possibility that Charley Nwa Mgbafor was made for a place beyond my prevailing circumstance.

Fegge got me dreaming. A city planned for decent humanity, with a scenery flowing from the banks of the Niger; wetting my fecund mind in the midst of material deprivation. A trip to Fegge is all that was required to give one a sense of urban aesthetics, one that is totally lost upon two generations of Fegge dwellers.

Something in me leads a daily protest -- "Bring Back Fegge!"

It's 10 days to Christmas, and the protest is swelling even deeper. Indeed, the future we seek is in our past.

CC. Soludo

https://www.facebook.com/103104878681389/posts/211632277828648/
Lol... Those crazy bell bottoms
from the 1970s. He looks like
JJ in the hugely popular 1970s
to early 1980s American sitcom "Good Times."

Dyn-o-mite! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soludo Recalls His Youth While Growing Up In Fegge Onitsha: Picture by AlphaTaikun: 12:05am On Mar 20, 2022
wealthtrak:

Lol... Those crazy bell bottoms
from the 1970s. He looks like
JJ in the hugely popular 1970s
to early 1980s American sitcom "Good Times."

Dyn-o-mite! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soludo Recalls His Youth While Growing Up In Fegge Onitsha: Picture by colorsofrainbow: 12:27am On Mar 20, 2022
emmabest2000:

Mini stadium ?

Apart from nwangene the dumping garbage area , fegge has no other area with empty land .

Akulu Community bank very close to Headbrigde market grin

Umu otu , kedu nu maka Anu gbogbo and co
Kezz Foundation school,fegge na my oldie cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: Anxiety In Amaechiā€™s Camp As Wike Seals Deal With Tinubu / Nigerians React As President Buhari Resumes Office Today / Fashola's N78 M Scandal Trending On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.