Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,783 members, 7,955,994 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:46 PM

Northern Nigeria- Is Islam For Muslims, Or All Nigerians? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Northern Nigeria- Is Islam For Muslims, Or All Nigerians? (294 Views)

Why I Left Islam For The Love Of Jesus -- Iranian Woman, Rose Ramandi / Catholic Church In Yola Built A Mosque For Muslims - Bishop Mamza / We Need Christians Section On Nairaland Too, Not Only Islam-For-Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northern Nigeria- Is Islam For Muslims, Or All Nigerians? by DZTech: 1:55pm On Dec 15, 2021
A post on Facebook, about the destruction of alcohol by hisbah, said-
"... Stop your adherents from drinking...".
This presumes that in Islam, Muslims have no free will.

This is to my mind, the biggest question for Islam (and likely why the Taliban is reviled by their own people)-
If some choose to disobey the moral and civil tenets of their faith, they can be judged sinners by their brethren.
But does anyone have the right to mete out punishment or reprisals?
Furthermore-
What do organisations like hisbah have to say about Muslims living in secular societies?
Are these Muslims (surrounded by alcohol, women in Western clothing, erotic images in adverts, etc- with female passengers pressed up against Muslim okada drivers) of stronger will than those in hisbah-controlled areas?
Or are they going to hell, because there's alcohol and "indecency" everywhere they turn?

Which brings me to the topic-
Is Sharia law in the North as enforced by hisbah, applicable to Christians and other Nigerians?
If so, should traditionalists demand that their customary laws be adhered to by- or even enforced on- residents in their land?

This is yet another weapon in the arsenal of pro-secessionists.
How can you enforce your religious practice on others, yet claim to be a secular state?

Seun, Lalasticlala, Mynd44
The floor is open.
Re: Northern Nigeria- Is Islam For Muslims, Or All Nigerians? by amnesty7: 1:58pm On Dec 15, 2021
Yes, please help me ask Igbos too why they enforce the illegal sit at home order in a free society.
Re: Northern Nigeria- Is Islam For Muslims, Or All Nigerians? by Aboks(m): 2:03pm On Dec 15, 2021
Booked space
Re: Northern Nigeria- Is Islam For Muslims, Or All Nigerians? by DZTech: 4:07pm On Dec 30, 2021
I wonder how your brain thinks they're similar?
Govt enforcing a religion on Citizens of other beliefs is similar to criminals enforcing their illegality?
Your mind didn't think you should question buhari on why he's failed to stop that nonsense?
Unbelievable.
Go and borrow a good brain before you come back here.
amnesty7:
Yes, please help me ask Igbos too why they enforce the illegal sit at home order in a free society.
Re: Northern Nigeria- Is Islam For Muslims, Or All Nigerians? by MightySparrow: 5:02pm On Dec 30, 2021
DZTech:
I wonder how your brain thinks they're similar?
Govt enforcing a religion on Citizens of other beliefs is similar to criminals enforcing their illegality?
Your mind didn't think you should question buhari on why he's failed to stop that nonsense?
Unbelievable.
Go and borrow a good brain before you come back here.

House of confusion.

(1) (Reply)

Those Killed By Boko Haram Are Greater Than Angels In Heaven - Preacher Claims ( / How Do You Maintain Fervency As A Christian / Faithfulness To God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.