Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,032 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Dickson Declares Annual Nanaye Traditional Wrestling Competition Open - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dickson Declares Annual Nanaye Traditional Wrestling Competition Open (8317 Views)

Dickson Declares Interest In The Bayelsa Senate Seat Vacated By His Successor / Governor El-Rufai Hosts Seriake Dickson (Photos) / Topless Women Protest Against Governor Dickson In Bayelsa. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dickson Declares Annual Nanaye Traditional Wrestling Competition Open by AnonPoet: 2:52pm On Dec 15, 2021
…Calls for support from stakeholders and corporate bodies

Senator Henry Seriake Dickson, a former Governor of Bayelsa State, Senator representing Bayelsa West Senatorial District and Founder, Henry Seriake Dickson Foundation has said that Bayelsa State is the undisputed permanent Headquarters of wrestling in Nigeria.

Senator Dickson said this on Tuesday 14th December 2021 during the launch of the Annual Nanaye Dickson Traditional Wrestling Competition in Abuja.

“Bayelsa has remained the capital of wrestling in Nigeria and Africa. You have the highest concentration of wrestling champions in Bayelsa more than any other country, Senator Dickson said.

In his goodwill message, the Special Guest of Honour, Hon. Sunday Dare, Minister of Sports and Youth Development commended Senator Dickson as a lover of Sport and youths development.

“After looking at the lined up activities for these occasions, I wish we have more Senator Seriake Dickson in the Sports sector, Hon. Sunday Dare said.

The Minister called on all the 109 Senators in the National Assembly to sponsor a sport in their constituency so as to start discovering new talents just like Senator Henry Seriake Dickson is doing now.

In his remarks, the first Military Governor of Rivers State and Chairman, Bayelsa State Council of Traditional Rulers, His Royal Majesty, King Alfred Diete-Spiff congratulated Senator Seriake Dickson for his love for sporting activities in Bayelsa State.

He urged the winners to go into the grassroots sports so as to discover new talents.

In his goodwill message, the Chairman of the occasion and Chairman Senate Committee on Sports and Youth Development, Senator Obinna Ogba commended Senator Dickson for promoting Grassroots sport.

“I am not surprised at Senator Dickson’s initiative. When you invest in sport, you invest in yourself. I will continue to support you. You supported me on the bill of establishment of the University of Sport.

“It will help Nigerians to develop their talents. There will be no drop out in Nigeria again. Nigerians youths will continue to be proud of you Senator Seriake Dickson, Senator Obinna Ogba said.

The President of the Nigeria Wrestling Federation, Daniel Igali represented by his Vice President said the Seriake Dickson Foundation initiative is not new to the Nigeria Wrestling Federation.

He thanked Sen Dickson for his support towards wrestling development in Nigeria and pledged the Federation’s support to the Nanaye Dickson Traditional Wrestling Competition.

In her vote of thanks, the daughter of Senator Dickson who spoke on behalf of the family, Helen Dickson thanked all for their time and devotions. She also thanked her father for the massive support towards grassroots sport in Bayelsa State.

The Nanaye Dickson Traditional Wrestling Competition is meant to engage youths of Bayelsa in an attempt to promote grassroots Ijaw Traditional Wrestling culture, as well as to serve as a talent hunt for the youths of the State.

The Nanaye Dickson Traditional Wrestling Tournament, which is an annual event, is in honour of Senator Dickson’s late father, a community leader and great wrestler of his time.

Senator Henry Seriake Dickson as Governor supported and revamped sports in Bayelsa state and the Nanaye Dickson wrestling competition is simply a continuation of the promotion of the sector by the Henry Seriake Dickson foundation.

The Foundation is currently running a football tournament in Sagbama- Ekeremor Senatorial district and will now officially kick off the wrestling competition this Saturday.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/12/dickson-declares-open-annual-nanaye-traditional-wrestling-competition/

3 Likes

Re: Dickson Declares Annual Nanaye Traditional Wrestling Competition Open by Moferere: 2:54pm On Dec 15, 2021
I hope sey the man go enter ring too?
Make dem beat rigwarigwa comot from him big belle undecided

6 Likes

Re: Dickson Declares Annual Nanaye Traditional Wrestling Competition Open by akinbode1(m): 3:11pm On Dec 15, 2021
Ok
Re: Dickson Declares Annual Nanaye Traditional Wrestling Competition Open by Alphafeezay(m): 3:11pm On Dec 15, 2021
Moferere:
I hope sey the man go enter ring too?
Make dem beat rigwarigwa comot from him big belle undecided

You no well grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Dickson Declares Annual Nanaye Traditional Wrestling Competition Open by Omniman(m): 3:11pm On Dec 15, 2021
I am going to be in the ring someday. Getting my ass kicked grin
Re: Dickson Declares Annual Nanaye Traditional Wrestling Competition Open by Viktoreze(m): 3:11pm On Dec 15, 2021
Okay...
Re: Dickson Declares Annual Nanaye Traditional Wrestling Competition Open by Prosperous111(m): 3:12pm On Dec 15, 2021
Customs and traditions
Re: Dickson Declares Annual Nanaye Traditional Wrestling Competition Open by Spaxon(f): 3:12pm On Dec 15, 2021
when una fight finish tell me. i don japa

4 Likes

Re: Dickson Declares Annual Nanaye Traditional Wrestling Competition Open by Freestainworld(m): 3:13pm On Dec 15, 2021
Dickson and who will be wrestling? I wan watch am
Re: Dickson Declares Annual Nanaye Traditional Wrestling Competition Open by Mko123(m): 3:14pm On Dec 15, 2021
A
Re: Dickson Declares Annual Nanaye Traditional Wrestling Competition Open by Mko123(m): 3:15pm On Dec 15, 2021
Spaxon:

what the Bleep is this?
Re: Dickson Declares Annual Nanaye Traditional Wrestling Competition Open by ignis: 3:15pm On Dec 15, 2021
North is bleeding and people are doing wrestling competition.

1 Like

Re: Dickson Declares Annual Nanaye Traditional Wrestling Competition Open by snowball11(m): 3:15pm On Dec 15, 2021
Spaxon:

Dis ur own japa-ing na on anoda scale o! grin
Re: Dickson Declares Annual Nanaye Traditional Wrestling Competition Open by ILoveDemMANNA: 3:17pm On Dec 15, 2021
All the chest beating fowls on Nairaland,
Go and register now.
Make dem beat una papa mouth swell come back house.

The smelly mouth una dey take abuse people for here.
Fake ass cowards.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dickson Declares Annual Nanaye Traditional Wrestling Competition Open by Elzazzi: 3:17pm On Dec 15, 2021
Freestainworld:

Dickson and Sanwolu go wrestle. But Dickson go beat the hell out of am. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Dickson Declares Annual Nanaye Traditional Wrestling Competition Open by Elzazzi: 3:17pm On Dec 15, 2021
Freestainworld:

Dickson and Sanwolu go wrestle. But Dickson go beat the hell out of am.
Re: Dickson Declares Annual Nanaye Traditional Wrestling Competition Open by daddytime(m): 3:29pm On Dec 15, 2021
Foolish people...

Make him children come wrestle.

Bastards..
Re: Dickson Declares Annual Nanaye Traditional Wrestling Competition Open by ayenale1(m): 3:30pm On Dec 15, 2021
"Bayelsa has remained the capital of wrestling in Nigeria and Africa. You have the highest concentration of wrestling champions in Bayelsa more than any other country, Senator Dickson said".
More than any country??this man is high on weed...so bayelsa get wrestlers pass mexico and America...
Re: Dickson Declares Annual Nanaye Traditional Wrestling Competition Open by Thinktwicemybro: 3:33pm On Dec 15, 2021
ignis:
North is bleeding and people are doing wrestling competition.
mind your language please, the north is peaceful, we won't fold our hands and watch you tarnish the image of our darling buhari. Never!

2 Likes

Re: Dickson Declares Annual Nanaye Traditional Wrestling Competition Open by uptownemmygee(m): 3:38pm On Dec 15, 2021
Anytime I hear this man name eeehh
I dey always pity the state he govern for 8yrs
So nah local wrestling be the development wey him wan bring come not even WWE
Re: Dickson Declares Annual Nanaye Traditional Wrestling Competition Open by BlackfireX: 3:49pm On Dec 15, 2021
This ijebu man with mumu commissioning

For the record dickson grandmother is from ijebu
Re: Dickson Declares Annual Nanaye Traditional Wrestling Competition Open by Okortor: 3:53pm On Dec 15, 2021
I wan enrol Biko...

Wrestling and boxing, I am 101% qualified. Lagos agbero sef don tire for me even with my corporate wear and nice ride...if u fk up, u collect sharperly before I move ahead..

No time to check time.
Re: Dickson Declares Annual Nanaye Traditional Wrestling Competition Open by AmadorSays: 4:03pm On Dec 15, 2021
okay, good to know
Re: Dickson Declares Annual Nanaye Traditional Wrestling Competition Open by Nobody: 4:11pm On Dec 15, 2021
Spaxon:
Omo mi spaxon grin where you go since all these days.? Omo Zini don miss you O cheesy
Re: Dickson Declares Annual Nanaye Traditional Wrestling Competition Open by Karemarealty288(m): 4:24pm On Dec 15, 2021
Senator Dickson

1 Like

Re: Dickson Declares Annual Nanaye Traditional Wrestling Competition Open by MrImole: 1:57am On Dec 16, 2021
What's this
Re: Dickson Declares Annual Nanaye Traditional Wrestling Competition Open by flamingREED(m): 6:01am On Dec 16, 2021
ILoveDemMANNA:
All the chest beating fowls on Nairaland,
Go and register now.
Make dem beat una papa mouth swell come back house.

The smelly mouth una dey take abuse people for here.
Fake ass cowards.

Nigerian wrestling doesn't include fighting.

(1) (Reply)

Aregbesola Approves N19,001 As Minimum Wage For Osun State Workers / FG Begins Concessioning Of Onitsha Ports In 2 Weeks / [Graphic Image]Woman Bites Off Husband's Manh••d After Killing Him. viewer's Dis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.