Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,008 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

Aregbesola Approves N19,001 As Minimum Wage For Osun State Workers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola Approves N19,001 As Minimum Wage For Osun State Workers (8319 Views)

NLC Proposes N56,000 As Minimum Wage To Fg / Osun State Workers Protests Unpaid 5months Salaries (Pic) / Okorocha Signs N20,000 Minimum Wage For Imo Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aregbesola Approves N19,001 As Minimum Wage For Osun State Workers by gokuu(m): 9:23pm On Aug 29, 2011
The osun state government has approved the sum of N19,001 as minimun wage for osun workers after the state became paralysed for some weeks now. Source: AIT
Re: Aregbesola Approves N19,001 As Minimum Wage For Osun State Workers by dayokanu(m): 9:46pm On Aug 29, 2011
Go ACN

Thanks Aregbesola

Now we are waiting for beaf to come and comment
Re: Aregbesola Approves N19,001 As Minimum Wage For Osun State Workers by Rhino5dm: 10:04pm On Aug 29, 2011
Even the so called third most richest state is swimming in poverty. God bless RAUF and continue to shame those paid eddiots.

they keep shouting like b.itches, while he shower people with dividend of democracy. Those are vultures waiting for carcass.

dayokanu:

Go ACN

Thanks Aregbesola

Now we are waiting for beaf to come and comment

I'd rather be a rascal than a vampire.
Re: Aregbesola Approves N19,001 As Minimum Wage For Osun State Workers by dayokanu(m): 10:07pm On Aug 29, 2011
Can we have this on Homepage so we can thank our able governor.

Osun state is paying one of the highest wages in the country right? without oil derivation money.

Kudos to the ACN for giving Osun people someone like Aregbesola
Re: Aregbesola Approves N19,001 As Minimum Wage For Osun State Workers by OAM4J: 12:00am On Aug 30, 2011
@OP

What is your source of this information please?

Sorry, just noticed you wrote AIT.
Re: Aregbesola Approves N19,001 As Minimum Wage For Osun State Workers by Beaf: 12:01am On Aug 30, 2011
Lol! E da ke rumours! grin grin grin grin
Its fake news, manufactured on NL.
Aregbe is still busy shopping, wining and perfecting uselessness in Saudi, while workers suffer. embarassed
Re: Aregbesola Approves N19,001 As Minimum Wage For Osun State Workers by Rhino5dm: 12:42am On Aug 30, 2011
^ Enemy of froogreessss! if we collect our new wage, wetin you go do? abegi tell Uduaghan make him try follow the progressive minds cool

Source:[size=45pt] AIT[/size] grin grin grin
Re: Aregbesola Approves N19,001 As Minimum Wage For Osun State Workers by baksonlee: 12:48am On Aug 30, 2011
Re: Aregbesola Approves N19,001 As Minimum Wage For Osun State Workers by baksonlee: 12:49am On Aug 30, 2011
Osun to pay ₦19,000 as minimum wage
BY BAMIGBOLA GBOLAGUNTE
August 30, 2011 12:01AM

Three weeks after its workers embarked on a strike to call for the implementation of the ₦18,000 minimum wage, the Osun State government Monday approved ₦19,001 as minimum wage for its civil servants.

According to Semiu Okanlawon, spokesperson to the state governor, Rauf Aregbesola, the state government has, by this development “implemented fully, the Minimum Wage Law for workers on Levels 01 to 07.”

He said that in addition to the ₦19,001 for the least paid workers under the employment of the state government, the government also approved substantial raise in the salaries of other grade levels.

“Thus, the government has approved additional ₦7,429,50 for workers from Levels 8 to 10; ₦6,611 for workers on Levels 12 to 14 while ₦5,096.40 has been added to salaries of workers on Levels 15 to 17,” he said.

“The ₦19,001 minimum wage exceeds the ₦18,000 minimum wage prescribed by the Minimum Wage Law recently enacted by the Federal Government. The government team reassured the workers’ representatives that the administration of Governor Rauf Aregbesola is poised to ensure that workers in the state emerge the best paid workers throughout the country.”

Mr Okanlawon stated that as soon as the Internally Generated Revenue of the State improves, the government promises to review the salaries of workers in the state upward.

Officials of the state government, who reached the agreement in a meeting with the workers’ representatives in Osogbo, also announced plans to set up a Salaries and Wages Commission which will fix salaries and wages of workers according to the increase in the financial fortunes of the state.
Re: Aregbesola Approves N19,001 As Minimum Wage For Osun State Workers by okadaman2: 12:57am On Aug 30, 2011
I thought he said they can't afford it. What changed?

I expect him to fire redundant and unproductive workers now.
Re: Aregbesola Approves N19,001 As Minimum Wage For Osun State Workers by Rhino5dm: 1:00am On Aug 30, 2011
[size=32pt]Osun leads while dogs follow undecided[/size] May God bless our "Rascal" grin

baksonlee:

BY BAMIGBOLA GBOLAGUNTE
August 30, 2011 12:01AM

Three weeks after its workers embarked on a strike to call for the implementation of the ₦18,000 minimum wage, the Osun State government Monday approved ₦19,001 as minimum wage for its civil servants.

According to Semiu Okanlawon, spokesperson to the state governor, Rauf Aregbesola, the state government has, by this development “implemented fully, the Minimum Wage Law for workers on Levels 01 to 07.”

He said that in addition to the ₦19,001 for the least paid workers under the employment of the state government, the government also approved substantial raise in the salaries of other grade levels.

“Thus, the government has approved additional ₦7,429,50 for workers from Levels 8 to 10; ₦6,611 for workers on Levels 12 to 14 while ₦5,096.40 has been added to salaries of workers on Levels 15 to 17,” he said.

“The ₦19,001 minimum wage exceeds the ₦18,000 minimum wage prescribed by the Minimum Wage Law recently enacted by the Federal Government. The government team reassured the workers’ representatives that the administration of Governor Rauf Aregbesola is poised to ensure that workers in the state emerge the best paid workers throughout the country.”

Mr Okanlawon stated that as soon as the Internally Generated Revenue of the State improves, the government promises to review the salaries of workers in the state upward.

Officials of the state government, who reached the agreement in a meeting with the workers’ representatives in Osogbo, also announced plans to set up a Salaries and Wages Commission which will fix salaries and wages of workers according to the increase in the financial fortunes of the state.
Re: Aregbesola Approves N19,001 As Minimum Wage For Osun State Workers by koruji(m): 1:07am On Aug 30, 2011
It seems to me that the higher grade workers compromised by accepting a little less than the full effect of the minimum wage.

okada_man:

I thought he said they can't afford it. What changed?

I expect him to fire redundant and unproductive workers now.

Re: Aregbesola Approves N19,001 As Minimum Wage For Osun State Workers by dayokanu(m): 1:13am On Aug 30, 2011
Beaf:

Lol! E da ke rumours! grin grin grin grin
Its fake news, manufactured on NL.
Aregbe is still busy shopping, wining and perfecting uselessness in Saudi, while workers suffer. embarassed

baksonlee:

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5740308-146/story.csp

Now what sayeth thou? I loff how Ogbeni Argbesola has silenced Beaf and other PDP thugs
Re: Aregbesola Approves N19,001 As Minimum Wage For Osun State Workers by mayor4liv(m): 1:22am On Aug 30, 2011
Waoh this is coming at the right time thanks to our Action Governor ,
well Am still waiting for comment from PDP monster like Otunba Sunday Ojo Williams and his Cohorts.
Re: Aregbesola Approves N19,001 As Minimum Wage For Osun State Workers by okadaman2: 1:23am On Aug 30, 2011
If that is the case then, beaf owes Aregbesola one correct shoe shinning session.
Re: Aregbesola Approves N19,001 As Minimum Wage For Osun State Workers by Beaf: 1:27am On Aug 30, 2011
Lets see if the workers get paid. By the way, has the RASCAL packed [/b]back to Oshogo from Lagos? LOLZZZ!!!
I have a new programme for him called [b]O'Pack!!!
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Aregbesola Approves N19,001 As Minimum Wage For Osun State Workers by 0610ac107: 1:34am On Aug 30, 2011
Kudos to our Governor I know you have good package for good people of osun state as against the wasted 7.5 years of people destroying people government lead by the so called okuku prince,

Am so expecting comments from people like Otunba Sunday Ojo williams and the rest animals in human skin .
Long Live Osun
Long live Aregbe
Long Live Naija
Re: Aregbesola Approves N19,001 As Minimum Wage For Osun State Workers by Leffe2010: 1:36am On Aug 30, 2011
nigeria is a dry country 1800 people are still happy i pity this contry i swear my pot of soup for yesterday was 124 pounds as caculated which mean 35000 a pair of my jeans worth more than salare of the so called minimum wage fake contry fake people
Re: Aregbesola Approves N19,001 As Minimum Wage For Osun State Workers by Nobody: 1:50am On Aug 30, 2011
Beafuuuuuuuuu, you no go shut up and accept defeat for once. Aregbesola don floor una and PDP.
Re: Aregbesola Approves N19,001 As Minimum Wage For Osun State Workers by jmaine: 2:02am On Aug 30, 2011
Aregbesola sudden reversal is interesting . . . .politics na sweet game . .e be like say person don put better spit for him ear  . . . make him continue to dey form one man rambo squad  cheesy  . . . .him for learn never to play hardcore with civil servants, cos na there the grassroots dey hold onto for survival purposes . . . .

meanwhile the ACN lovers hounding beaf on Delta state simply forgot that the same Uduaghan was endorsed by the ACN for the rerun election . . .you guyz forget so easily . . .or let's say the news wasn't made popular on this land . . . .a reason why you all went on a boomerang shooting spree  . . .

Warri — ACTION Congress of Nigeria (ACN) has endorsed Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan for the January 6, 2011 Delta State governorship re-run election.

ACN in the state also disclosed plans to organize a mother of all rallies for Dr. Uduaghan before the re-run election.

Addressing a press conference at the weekend in Warri, the state chairman of the party, Dr. Mike Emuh said that "authentic and legally constituted Delta State ACN leadership endorses Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan for January 6, 2011 re-run election in Delta State.

Go to this =========> http://allafrica.com/stories/201101031014.html  . . . .for the full gist . . . .
Re: Aregbesola Approves N19,001 As Minimum Wage For Osun State Workers by Dsage1: 2:15am On Aug 30, 2011
Leffe2010,we ar talkng abt naira& not pound.It's unwise for som1 to compared what pple earned in dffrnt currency cos both currency ar not equally valued in term of exchange.
Re: Aregbesola Approves N19,001 As Minimum Wage For Osun State Workers by jmaine: 2:21am On Aug 30, 2011
Leffe2010:

nigeria is a dry country 1800 people are still happy i pity this contry i swear my pot of soup for yesterday was 124 pounds as caculated which mean 35000 a pair of my jeans worth more than salare of the so called minimum wage fake contry fake people

And you feel you are more real . . .just because you have some stipends with you . . . . Guy, make you comport . . . .
Re: Aregbesola Approves N19,001 As Minimum Wage For Osun State Workers by afrika(f): 3:16am On Aug 30, 2011
ITS UNFORTUNATE THOSE S T. U P ID BAS TARDS WE VOTED IN DO NOT OR HAVE FORGOTTEN HOW BITTER N SORROWFUL LIFE IS. WAT IS 19K? THAT IS D AMOUNT A HOUSE OF REP SPENDS ON FUELING N RECHARGE CARDS FOR HIM N HIS BABY GURL FRIEND IN 4HOURS OF HANGING OUT.

THERE IS NO NEED OF APPLAUDING OR PRAISING HIM. WE RE MENT TO BE FAR FROM WHERE WE RE NOW. PLEASE, LETS CALL A SPADE A SPADE.
Re: Aregbesola Approves N19,001 As Minimum Wage For Osun State Workers by rman: 3:35am On Aug 30, 2011
Don't let us get carried away with this news.
Why allow the workers to go on strike for a whole month in the first place if you can pay more than the 18,500?

What the state government have done may be similar to what Kwara used to deceive its workers. The state will pay the lowest level in the civil service (level1 step1) the 18,500 or 19,001 in this case, and as you move up, that value is no longer used to calculate your salary. So, a level 15 or level 16 personel may actually still be earning something very close to his/her old minimum wage. So level 1 workers salary may become double with this while older and senior staffs may only see a very very small marginal increase in their pay(in kwara's case, it is as low as 5000 naira from level8 above). And Kwara is claiming to be paying the minimum wage. I know the media houses have been trying to make civil servants look bad with their news and programmes in the state(I have seen quite a few). Aregbesola have also been on the lesser hajj(Humrah) for sometime now allowing the strike to linger for too long. I am sure what Osun has done may actually be similar to what we have in Kwara.

By the way, Aregbesola has not struck me as the performing governor that we all read about in the papers. He hasn't really done much since he has been in power. O'YES that we all hear about (20,000 jobs in first 100 days) is a scheme where graduates are employed as cleaners and sweepers of major streets across all the LGA's , that to me is not job creation. If you have ever visited the state , you will see O'YES all over moving in groups in uniforms like corpers. Mind you, the same state has declared all saturdays of the month as sanitation days for three months, rendering the state paralysised on most saturdays between 7am till 9am. That to me is not a fantastic idea for a state that just employed 20,000 new cleaners (O'YES) across all the LGA's.

These are my own little observation since doing bussiness in the state and I don't have any political affiliation.
Re: Aregbesola Approves N19,001 As Minimum Wage For Osun State Workers by koruji(m): 4:04am On Aug 30, 2011
Aregbesola may appear to be slow, but I think he is being delibrative in his approach. In any case, he probably realizes the need to show concrete results in another year or so time - otherwise delibration soon becomes paralysis.

O'YES is a quick way to pump the economy and cannot become a permanent program. Having said that, it is a great idea in my opinion - note that the program did not require you to be a graduate. If a graduate actually joined O'YES it says something about the dire situation of these youths in Osun State - hence the need for such a palliative, but temporary, measure.

On the minimum wage, the problem was not that Osun could not pay the minimum wage, but that the higher pay grades you mentioned also wanted proportional increments according to the payment ladder - this is the same problem most states are facing. The new agreement means that those higher pay grades will now get substantial increases, but not the proportional increases they wanted.

rman:

Don't let us get carried away with this news.
Why allow the workers to go on strike for a whole month in the first place if you can pay more than the 18,500?

What the state government have done may be similar to what Kwara used to deceive its workers. The state will pay the lowest level in the civil service (level1 step1) the 18,500 or 19,001 in this case, and as you move up, that value is no longer used to calculate your salary. So, a level 15 or level 16 personel may actually still be earning something very close to his/her old minimum wage. So level 1 workers salary may become double with this while older and senior staffs may only see a very very small marginal increase in their pay(in kwara's case, it is as low as 5000 naira from level8 above). And Kwara is claiming to be paying the minimum wage. I know the media houses have been trying to make civil servants look bad with their news and programmes in the state(I have seen quite a few). Aregbesola have also been on the lesser hajj(Humrah) for sometime now allowing the strike to linger for too long. I am sure what Osun has done may actually be similar to what we have in Kwara.

By the way, Aregbesola has not struck me as the performing governor that we all read about in the papers. He hasn't really done much since he has been in power. O'YES that we all hear about (20,000 jobs in first 100 days) is a scheme where graduates are employed as cleaners and sweepers of major streets across all the LGA's , that to me is not job creation. If you have ever visited the state , you will see O'YES all over moving in groups in uniforms like corpers. Mind you, the same state has declared all saturdays of the month as sanitation days for three months, rendering the state paralysised on most saturdays between 7am till 9am. That to me is not a fantastic idea for a state that just employed 20,000 new cleaners (O'YES) across all the LGA's.

These are my own little observation since doing bussiness in the state and I don't have any political affiliation.
Re: Aregbesola Approves N19,001 As Minimum Wage For Osun State Workers by niyimat(m): 7:50am On Aug 30, 2011
Leffe2010:

Whether you are a daisporian I don't know but am pretty sure you are a Nigerian, so I will only ask ; Does living in another man's country makes U so fullfill that you could be speaking with so much venom abt your own country? Remember, having one big money @ your possession right now does not ensure your Happiness. Come back to your country and learn how to be contented with little
Re: Aregbesola Approves N19,001 As Minimum Wage For Osun State Workers by gokuu(m): 8:08am On Aug 30, 2011
As for me, i just hope its not an avenue to excuse himself from transforming the state. Government is not just about paying workers! As i speak all the tertiary institutions in osun state are on lock and key! The o'yes program is a scam i have a friend in the program, what they (graduates) do is road sweeping &traffic wardens and are paid N10,000.
Re: Aregbesola Approves N19,001 As Minimum Wage For Osun State Workers by jonnex: 9:47am On Aug 30, 2011
It seems that we nairalanders did not get this message very well, it is only level 01 that was increased to N19,001. Level 8-10=N7,429.50, Level 12-14=N6,611, Level 15-17= N5,096.40. All these will be additional to their former take home. We can now see that this not only minimum wage but MAXIMUM wage.
Re: Aregbesola Approves N19,001 As Minimum Wage For Osun State Workers by searay(m): 10:10am On Aug 30, 2011
Doctors hv bn on strike for 5 good months, civil servants for about a month now. He Aregbesola or deputy?
Re: Aregbesola Approves N19,001 As Minimum Wage For Osun State Workers by donem: 10:50am On Aug 30, 2011
ACN at it again, more power's to the elbows of ACN. gboosa, gboosa, gboosa to ACN
Re: Aregbesola Approves N19,001 As Minimum Wage For Osun State Workers by KnowAll(m): 10:52am On Aug 30, 2011
Aregbesola - 'o sheru bawon'- put the fear of God on his detractors. A good tactis thus! undecided

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Approves N19,001 As Minimum Wage For Osun State Workers by honeric01(m): 11:37am On Aug 30, 2011
Nice one.

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Begins Concessioning Of Onitsha Ports In 2 Weeks / Reviving Enugu State's Coal Production / See What An NYSC Corps Member Wrote On Ballot Boxes During Election (photos).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.