Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,051 members, 7,821,619 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Barack Obama Remains The Best Orator I've Known So Far in my lifetime - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Barack Obama Remains The Best Orator I've Known So Far in my lifetime (991 Views)

Barack & Michelle Obama Buy Martha's Vineyard Mansion For $11.75 Million / Barack Obama Hails Chinua Achebe, Chimamanda Adichie Ahead Of Visit To Africa / Barack Obama Is Greatest President Of Our Lifetime - Many Americans Say (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Barack Obama Remains The Best Orator I've Known So Far in my lifetime by God1000(m): 7:13pm On Dec 15, 2021
Its not easy when it comes to public speaking, stage fright is hard to overcome, but the 44th American president is known for his oratory skills, he's so charming and eloquent.

I've watched so many of his speeches, I listened to him speaking when he was president as well. Donald trump is the worst, I came across a video of him trying to pronounce "anonymous" several times and he couldn't, he has primary one kid vocabulary. Buhari is also a terrible speaker.
Do you know any other charismatic person that speaks so well like Barack Obama?

Please help me do the needful
Myn44
Lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Barack Obama Remains The Best Orator I've Known So Far in my lifetime by itsme01: 7:26pm On Dec 15, 2021
Osinbajo would give Obama a run for his money

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Barack Obama Remains The Best Orator I've Known So Far in my lifetime by God1000(m): 7:29pm On Dec 15, 2021
itsme01:
that's a big lie bro, Osinbajo is good but not up to Barack Obama, I'm not trying to downplay him though
Re: Barack Obama Remains The Best Orator I've Known So Far in my lifetime by Mariangeles(f): 7:34pm On Dec 15, 2021
Fela Durotoye is also a good speaker with charisma.

1 Like

Re: Barack Obama Remains The Best Orator I've Known So Far in my lifetime by God1000(m): 7:37pm On Dec 15, 2021
Mariangeles:
Fela Durotoye is also a good speaker with charisma.
Thanks, I need to search for his speeches as well.

1 Like

Re: Barack Obama Remains The Best Orator I've Known So Far in my lifetime by MufasaLion: 7:54pm On Dec 15, 2021
I'd choose Bill Clinton over him. Although, Obama is my man.
Re: Barack Obama Remains The Best Orator I've Known So Far in my lifetime by Brexxit(m): 7:59pm On Dec 15, 2021
[s]
itsme01:
[/s]
Trash.

2 Likes

Re: Barack Obama Remains The Best Orator I've Known So Far in my lifetime by Is04970: 8:01pm On Dec 15, 2021
itsme01:
Even listened to Bola Ige?
Re: Barack Obama Remains The Best Orator I've Known So Far in my lifetime by Carlyscales: 8:04pm On Dec 15, 2021
Clinton and Obama are the best I've seen in my lifetime.

I think Clinton has the edge

1 Like

Re: Barack Obama Remains The Best Orator I've Known So Far in my lifetime by God1000(m): 8:08pm On Dec 15, 2021
Carlyscales:
Clinton and Obama are the best I've seen in my lifetime.

I think Clinton has the edge
I don't know much about Clinton but even Americans don't put the two together, Obama is often ranked alongside John f Kennedy and Abraham Lincoln
Re: Barack Obama Remains The Best Orator I've Known So Far in my lifetime by God1000(m): 8:09pm On Dec 15, 2021
MufasaLion:
I'd choose Bill Clinton over him. Although, Obama is my man.
Americans will disagree with you
Re: Barack Obama Remains The Best Orator I've Known So Far in my lifetime by JaroMan: 8:11pm On Dec 15, 2021
God1000:
Its not easy when it comes to public speaking, stage fright is hard to overcome, but the 44th American president is known for his oratory skills, he's so charming and eloquent.

I've watched so many of his speeches, I listened to him speaking when he was president as well. Donald trump is the worst, he has primary one kid vocabulary. Buhari is also a terrible speaker.

Myn44
Lalasticlala
Hahahahaha. Please say the ones you have listened to.
Tony Blair
David Cameron
Azikiwe
Tafawa Belewa
Benjamin Netanyahu
Kwame Nkrumah
Please take out time and listen to these fellows.
Obama is very good too.

2 Likes

Re: Barack Obama Remains The Best Orator I've Known So Far in my lifetime by MufasaLion: 8:13pm On Dec 15, 2021
God1000:

Americans will disagree with you

That's their problem. We all have preferences. Bill Clinton is an idol to me.

1 Like

Re: Barack Obama Remains The Best Orator I've Known So Far in my lifetime by God1000(m): 8:15pm On Dec 15, 2021
MufasaLion:

That's their problem. We all have preferences. Bill Clinton is an idol to me.
Alright man

1 Like

Re: Barack Obama Remains The Best Orator I've Known So Far in my lifetime by God1000(m): 8:16pm On Dec 15, 2021
JaroMan:

Hahahahaha. Please say the ones you have listened to.
Tony Blair
David Cameron
Azikiwe
Tafawa Belewa
Benjamin Netanyahu
Kwame Nkrumah
Please take out time and listen to these fellows.
Obama is very good too.
All the people you mentioned are great speakers too.
Re: Barack Obama Remains The Best Orator I've Known So Far in my lifetime by dapoRead: 12:24am On Dec 16, 2021
[s]
God1000:

I've watched so many of his speeches, I listened to him speaking when he was president as well. Donald trump is the worst, he has primary one kid vocabulary. Buhari is also a terrible speaker.

Myn44
Lalasticlala
[/s]

And the best killer of human kind ever known.

1 Like

Re: Barack Obama Remains The Best Orator I've Known So Far in my lifetime by suffering: 1:28am On Dec 16, 2021
I can imagine Obama makes a speech for anything he wants in his household. I’ve never seen someone who loves speaking publicly.

Obama didn’t start out of the blue. He spent years honing the skill and always led movements because they gave him a platform to speak to audiences. It’s like the comments I create; many believe I started posting since this account started. The truth is I’ve commented online since Facebook’s inception. I cringed seriously while reviewing old YouTube comments from 2008 till 2011.

Back to Obama, there is a video online where he spoke as the chairperson of a student protest at 21 years of age. One could notice the mannerisms and speech pattern used in the video which he employs this very day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Barack Obama Remains The Best Orator I've Known So Far in my lifetime by Jokerman(m): 8:17am On Dec 16, 2021
Antichrist is supposed to be a good orator

2 Likes

Re: Barack Obama Remains The Best Orator I've Known So Far in my lifetime by Laurene: 8:31am On Dec 18, 2021
God1000:

I've watched so many of his speeches, I listened to him speaking when he was president as well. Donald trump is the worst, I came across a video of him trying to pronounce "anonymous" several times and he couldn't, he has primary one kid vocabulary. Buhari is also a terrible speaker.

Myn44
Lalasticlala
stop licking that fake-ass obummer's ass!
Re: Barack Obama Remains The Best Orator I've Known So Far in my lifetime by Laurene: 8:32am On Dec 18, 2021
God1000:

I don't know much about Clinton but even Americans don't put the two together, Obama is often ranked alongside John f Kennedy and Abraham Lincoln
then you missed Ronald "Machiavelli" Reagan.
Re: Barack Obama Remains The Best Orator I've Known So Far in my lifetime by God1000(m): 8:43am On Dec 18, 2021
Laurene:
then you missed Ronald "Machiavelli" Reagan.
alright dear, thanks for mentioning his name.
Re: Barack Obama Remains The Best Orator I've Known So Far in my lifetime by God1000(m): 8:46am On Dec 18, 2021
Laurene:
stop licking that fake-ass obummer's ass!
lol, why.

Obama is certainly a great man, he made some mistakes, but he has good democratic credentials.
He's a compassionate and gentleman by all definitions
Re: Barack Obama Remains The Best Orator I've Known So Far in my lifetime by Olexy46: 10:58am On Dec 18, 2021
Earn 50K REFERRING Potential Buyers for our Shopping Trolleys Automatic Disinfecting/Sanitizing Anti COVID-19 Machine for Shopping Centers.

Re: Barack Obama Remains The Best Orator I've Known So Far in my lifetime by panafrican(m): 1:11pm On Dec 19, 2021
NO.
Malcom X was the best orator.
Re: Barack Obama Remains The Best Orator I've Known So Far in my lifetime by God1000(m): 6:15am On Dec 20, 2021
panafrican:
NO.
Malcom X was the best orator.
I said in my lifetime
Re: Barack Obama Remains The Best Orator I've Known So Far in my lifetime by Cousin9999: 12:33pm On Dec 20, 2021
I'm more impressed by people who can handle real debates, discussions, and interviews where they tackle a broad range of topics, offer good insight, and spur more discussion.

Politicians, entertainers, athletes, or anyone trying to sell something isn't particularly impressive or interesting. They're heavily filtered.
Re: Barack Obama Remains The Best Orator I've Known So Far in my lifetime by panafrican(m): 2:03pm On Dec 20, 2021
God1000:
I said in my lifetime
OK, teenager ! grin
Re: Barack Obama Remains The Best Orator I've Known So Far in my lifetime by cally10(m): 12:43am On Dec 21, 2021
God1000:

Myn44
Lalasticlala
Re: Barack Obama Remains The Best Orator I've Known So Far in my lifetime by cally10(m): 12:47am On Dec 21, 2021
God1000:

Myn44
Lalasticlala
I second this, Obama is very good with words, he has a way that exhibit good mannerism, calmness in his speech. Here is an excerpt from his farewell speech as President when he was thanking Biden
“ To Joe Biden, the scrappy kid from Scranton who became Delaware Favourite Son. You're the first decision I made as a nominee and it was the best, not just because you have been a great vice president but in the bargain, I gained a Brother. We love you and Gill as family and your friendship have been one of the great joy of our life”.
P.S He said all these and lot more amidst cheering and others. Love him or hate him, Dude is an enigma.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barack Obama Remains The Best Orator I've Known So Far in my lifetime by mysticwarrior(m): 5:30am On Dec 21, 2021
Adolf Hitler was a very great orator, he is graced with the ability to convince and moved crowed, but most of his speech are not popular in the English speaking world because he spoke only German. Another reason why his speech are not popular is because of the atrocities he committed when he was ruling Germany.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Russia Alliances: A Threat To NATO / UKRAINE War And Global Reset / Lone Russian Soldier Spared By Ukrainian Forces After Squadron Wiped Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.