Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,207 members, 7,811,559 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

How Generator Fumes Killed An Only Son - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Generator Fumes Killed An Only Son (18289 Views)

Family Of Five Die After Inhaling Generator Fumes In Ogun / 3 Fast Food Workers Unconscious After Inhaling Generator Fumes / Generator Fumes Kill Police Sergeant And Her Two Children In Osogbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Generator Fumes Killed An Only Son by lalasticlala(m): 8:08pm On Dec 15, 2021
Sub-Pharmacist Tobenna:

Femi’s mother called his phone, it rang but he didn’t pick & he never returned the call, that was unlike her son, she called him the next day and it was the same thing, the third day his number was off, she was alarmed and spoke with her husband about it & he was worried-

THREAD
His parents set out on a search for their son, his mom suggested they go to where their son lives first if he is not there then they have to report to the police immediately.

They checked him out in his house, the door was locked but something didn’t feel right with the mother so, after knocking on the door, they got help and broke the door, when they did, they found their only son and another lady lying unconscious on the bed, they didn’t know what happened.

His mother couldn’t hold her tears, and his father was in shock. Their son and the lady were both rushed to the hospital, there in the hospital their son died. The girl was still unconscious and placed in the emergency unit.

The boys parents enlisted the forensic department and I was part of the toxicology unit. We set out to do what we do best,”uncover the truth”.

We were all running background checks to know what really happened.
We had to check what really happened, first, we had to visit were it all happened, the boy’s room. We got there and there was no sign of struggle, no attack, there was no sign of drug use or substance abuse, but I noticed something.
The position of his gen and I was like, isn’t this gen wrongly placed?
The gen was positioned in such a way that the gen smoke could get to the room and not outside, so I thought.

We ran a simulation and had to run analysis, so we bought fuel and filled the gen, put it on and in the same way it was facing and closed the room the way it was, the gen was not actually “smoking” but at a time we started somewhat choking, we had to rush out for air.
From that we had a lead and we kept digging. 3wks later the lady he was with woke from her coma. We attended to her and made sure she had all the care she needed, we prevented the boy’s parents from getting to her so things don’t get really messy.

3days later when we were sure she could at least talk we asked her what happened, she said Femi was her boyfriend, she came to stay with him that night so as they were about sleeping NEPA took light so he went and put on his gen, the gen exhaust was somewhat facing the direction of their room but because it wasn’t smoking at all she didn’t have any cause to complain, so he closed the windows & locked the doors and they slept and at a point she felt as if she was choking. That was all she could remember and the next question she asked was where is Femi?
We couldn’t let her go through the shock as it might kill her as she is still recovering, so we kept it from her for the moment.

The information we got from her was enough to point us towards that same direction we were on. We actually took samples of their blood the day they were brought into the hospital and ran analysis and when the results came out, something was out of place.
Femi had an abnormal level of carboxyhemoglobin but hers was somewhat normal but we couldn’t make a conclusive report then but with everything now we had a conclusive report.

From our findings, reports, and what she said, it was obvious that Femi died due to the carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning from the gen smoke but that directed us to another question, why is it that the boy died from the gen smoke but she didn’t?
How is that possible? We had to continue digging and asking questions, we found out that at the time of her visit she was in her period, she was losing blood. That was why she survived.

I know you have alot of questions, Let me explain:
Carbon monoxide (CO) is an odorless, colorless gas formed when there is an incomplete combustion of fuels. This can occur from motor vehicles, generators or cooking equipment that run on carbon-based fuels.

When people are exposed to CO gas, the CO molecules will displace the oxygen in their bodies and lead to CO poisoning. This is because hemoglobin (Hb) (an iron-containing component in the red blood cells) which carries oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body have a high-affinity for CO.

When CO is inhaled it forms a stable complex with Hb and hinders it from delivery Oxygen to the body, when there is prolonged inhalation of this gas, as it happened in this case (i.e when they were sleeping) it can result in loss of consciousness, suffocation and death.
Maybe the girl survived due to other factors we can’t really explain but there is one we could explain. She survived because she was in her period, she was losing blood.
Because she was losing blood this also forces her system to produce more blood.
So even when she breath in the CO fumes and it accumulates in her system she loses some of that particular blood that will kill her and it is replaced to some extent by fresh red blood cells that can transport oxygen round her system for sometime.
That was how she manage to survive and not die like Femi.

We explained everything to Femi’s parents and they could only cry. It wasn’t the poor girl that killed their son. It was CO poisoning. As she was still recovering we still kept her from that, at a point she said she was going to go mad if we don’t tell her what happened to Femi-
We did and she fainted. We got her back. We had to book her a therapist as her parents also came to see her.

A lot of people have died because of this CO poisoning, where I stayed before a family died because of this, like the whole family. The put on the gen and slept by morning they were unconscious, it was a village and they couldn’t get help. They died.

If you make use of gen make sure the exhaust is facing outside and not your room. It doesn’t matter whether the gen is smoking or not. CO fume is dangerous.
If possible the gen should be outside please. It have killed many.
If you want to learn new things daily, get daily drug use tips, you can follow me.

Summary:
1. Carbon monoxide (CO) is an odorless, colorless gas formed when there is an incomplete combustion of fuels. It can occur from motor vehicle or generator.

https://twitter.com/Tobenna__/status/1471180364269895683

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Generator Fumes Killed An Only Son by sweetonugbu: 8:09pm On Dec 15, 2021
Too bad for femi, Chi the lady mu anya, CO Fumes is very dengerous,RIP.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Generator Fumes Killed An Only Son by Righteousness2(m): 8:13pm On Dec 15, 2021
Terrible!Condolences to His Family.

Listen! There is a day on the calendar for each of us.
The Day of our appointment with GOD ALMIGHTY.
Some are 20 mins away
Some are 60secs away
Some are 24 hrs away
Some are Month or years away.
It is appointed unto man to Die, and after that, the Judgement.
Are u ready to meet your Creator?
If you Depart this Earth without JESUS Christ, you have wasted your life,
Do the Needful now! The next Moment is not Guaranteed.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Generator Fumes Killed An Only Son by ValCon888: 8:14pm On Dec 15, 2021
Let us put our thinking cap here.
This girl just woke up from a coma. And yet she was able to pinpoint the direction of the generator exhaust while she was inside the room.
An exhaust she said wasn't smoking at all.

Please interrogate that girl again.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Generator Fumes Killed An Only Son by Baawaa(m): 8:16pm On Dec 15, 2021
When CO is inhaled it forms a stable complex with Hb and hinders it from delivery Oxygen to the body, when there is prolonged inhalation of this gas, as it happened in this case (i.e when they were sleeping) it can result in loss of consciousness, suffocation and death.
Maybe the girl survived due to other factors we can’t really explain but there is one we could explain. She survived because she was in her period, she was losing blood.
Because she was losing blood this also forces her system to produce more blood.
So even when she breath in the CO fumes and it accumulates in her system she loses some of that particular blood that will kill her and it is replaced to some extent by fresh red blood cells that can transport oxygen round her system for sometime.
That was how she manage to survive and not die like Femi.
God is great,the lady survived the generator fumes because she was doing her period.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Generator Fumes Killed An Only Son by oluwaseunamos33(m): 8:16pm On Dec 15, 2021
Sorry oooo. So painful. RIP

1 Like

Re: How Generator Fumes Killed An Only Son by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 15, 2021
Rip

1 Like

Re: How Generator Fumes Killed An Only Son by younglleo: 8:17pm On Dec 15, 2021
tongue
Re: How Generator Fumes Killed An Only Son by MufasaLion: 8:17pm On Dec 15, 2021
I ain't gonna die young. Fvck! Niggas ain't living long these days. Sad.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Generator Fumes Killed An Only Son by ipobarethieves: 8:17pm On Dec 15, 2021
sad

1 Like

Re: How Generator Fumes Killed An Only Son by ipobarethieves: 8:18pm On Dec 15, 2021
sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: How Generator Fumes Killed An Only Son by Kobojunkie: 8:20pm On Dec 15, 2021
lalasticlala:
Sub-Pharmacist Tobenna:
So , no autopsy was carried out to verify that the boy indeed died from CO poisoning? undecided
Re: How Generator Fumes Killed An Only Son by ipobarethieves: 8:21pm On Dec 15, 2021
sad sad
Re: How Generator Fumes Killed An Only Son by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:22pm On Dec 15, 2021
lalasticlala:
Sub-Pharmacist Tobenna:
the gen exhaust was somewhat facing the direction of their room but because it wasn’t smoking at all she didn’t have any cause to complain, so he closed the windows & locked the doors and they slept and at a point she felt as if she was choking. That was all she could remember
Thanks for the information!

But no be this same I better pass my neighbor generators wey Ajekpako fit line up 10 at the same time dey inhale

Generator wey be say at time you go faceam outside, the smoke go dey come inside!

Besides they closed the windows and for, the amount of smoke that can escape should be enough to wake him up when he's choking!

Abeg forget! Some things are more spiritual than physical!

Only people who understand will understand!

4 Likes

Re: How Generator Fumes Killed An Only Son by Praktikals(m): 8:22pm On Dec 15, 2021
angry
Re: How Generator Fumes Killed An Only Son by DSC7: 8:23pm On Dec 15, 2021
Chaiiiiiii.....

Very heartbreaking cry cry

Rip to the dead.....

Had it been bubu provided steady power supply the young lad would have still be alive.. embarassed

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Generator Fumes Killed An Only Son by Randal: 8:23pm On Dec 15, 2021
I keep warning people about generators

3 Likes

Re: How Generator Fumes Killed An Only Son by ojun50(m): 8:23pm On Dec 15, 2021
What a sad lost
Re: How Generator Fumes Killed An Only Son by Mulimvr32: 8:23pm On Dec 15, 2021
F
Re: How Generator Fumes Killed An Only Son by TheMostComplex1: 8:24pm On Dec 15, 2021
This's very sad

1 Like

Re: How Generator Fumes Killed An Only Son by Righteousness2(m): 8:24pm On Dec 15, 2021
MufasaLion:
I ain't gonna die young. Fvck! Niggas ain't living long these days. Sad.
If the Breath in your nostrils was in your Power, then maybe we would take u serious.

That Breath in you right now is a Privileged opportunity for you to do the Needful and Surrender to JESUS Christ. Because it does not Matter who you are or what you have, if you Depart this Earth without JESUS Christ , you are Gone! You Have wasted your Life.

12 Likes

Re: How Generator Fumes Killed An Only Son by Geemax(f): 8:24pm On Dec 15, 2021
God I thank you for saving my life, you've been merciful to me Oh Lord I am grateful...I am not better than Femi that died...My people I have experience this kind of thing...it was not a good one at all. RIP Femi cry

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Generator Fumes Killed An Only Son by AdmobIncome001: 8:25pm On Dec 15, 2021
Shocking
Re: How Generator Fumes Killed An Only Son by Kingmena: 8:25pm On Dec 15, 2021
Nawao, so this generator fumes still dey kill people. Is been long we heard of that. RIP to the dead.
Do you have a business and your workers and business is stressing you out I have an ebook that will help you restructure your business to function effectively without your supervision and maximize profit. contact me for just 3k and I will also add you to a free business group
Re: How Generator Fumes Killed An Only Son by Erickymania: 8:25pm On Dec 15, 2021
Very useful, informative but sad story. May Femi's soul rest in peace.
Re: How Generator Fumes Killed An Only Son by Ournolly: 8:26pm On Dec 15, 2021
So sorry about this.
Since I switched over to solar I always have rest of mind.
Expensive at the beginning but worth it in a long run.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Migrate And Work In The US & Canada As A Doctor Or Pharmacist / Nigerian Invents A Water Device That Prevents Cholera And Typhoid Infections / How To Stop Obsessing Over Your Body Image And Beat Negative Thoughts.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.