Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,976 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent (10062 Views)

Breaking News: Ijaw Defense Council Will Be Live On Bonny Island. / Wike Imposes Curfew On Bonny, Onne Over COVID-19 / SPDC’s Force Majeure On Bonny Light Threatens 2020 Oil Revenue Target (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by dettolgel: 9:35am On Dec 16, 2021
9Pluto:

Ignore the semi-literate clown. Comparing the review of fictional books to historical review.

Unless he is trying to tell us that the Prof's book is a fiction about Bonny.

My brother how some people reason tire me oo.

I am more concerned about the fact that some of these guys have already populated the earth with their kinds, hence, there will never be shortage of people like them. Thinking about it worries me.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by OfoIgbo: 9:40am On Dec 16, 2021
Alabo7978:

I am a writer and I know about negative reviews, that is just a review.
Lol, even the mighty Jk rowling of Harry Potter, E.L James of fifty shades of grey, Steven king himself and all other published writers from time to time get negative reviews from "mare readers"
I laughed hard when I saw your circus celebrating a negative review from Jstor.
This shows you all are the dumbest people I have ever come across (I swear I'm not joking)

Harry Potter is a work of fiction, so the negative reviews may come from mare readers.

An academic work getting negative reviews is a big deal. Bear in mind that Swansea university college even attached its name to that negative review. This is a real knockout blow.

The university of Cambridge angle is another huge stab on the reputation of Alagoa in particular, and University of Ibadan in general.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by Alabo7978(m): 9:47am On Dec 16, 2021
dettolgel:

Is this conversation about fiction writing or about academic writing?
no son it's about writing in general because I also mentioned the Bible too. you rushed in with bias and didn't notice and it's a shame.
well everyone with brains and knowledge about facts and reality can easily tell I mentioned those works because they're the most popular works of all time.
the Bible has sold more copies and reached more audience than any written materials ever published.
Harry Potter sold more books that the Bible became worried.
but let's talk about you people constantly trying to pass oral and historical facts about a people ONLY AS ACADEMIC WORK another time.
e'kotago?
Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by Alabo7978(m): 9:52am On Dec 16, 2021
ivolt:
Where is the fraud allegation in that review?

The reviewer is disappointed that a chronicle was written like a chronicle.
lol, those children weren't breastfeaded well, it affected their brain development.

1 Like

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by Alabo7978(m): 9:56am On Dec 16, 2021
Putindbutt:

It seems you guys have comprehension issues. According to the review, the reviewer expressed disappointment in the fact that the author uses more secondary sources than main sources.
It was just a chronicle as the title implies, which was why Cambridge referred to it as shorter notices.

They was no where, impliedly or expressly that it was called fraudulent. The crux was that Alagoa uses less materials and references.
they all are very daft.
all of them are federal government college student, Abakiliki boys who never wrote waec.
Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by dettolgel: 9:57am On Dec 16, 2021
Alabo7978:

no son it's about writing in general because I also mentioned the Bible too. you rushed in with bias and didn't notice and it's a shame.
well everyone with brains and knowledge about facts and reality can easily tell I mentioned those works because they're the most popular works of all time.
the Bible has sold more copies and reached more audience than any written materials ever published.
Harry Potter sold more books that the Bible became worried.
but let's talk about you people constantly trying to pass oral and historical facts about a people ONLY AS ACADEMIC WORK another time.
e'kotago?

What is being discussed is the content of an academic work that requires rigorous methodology, not fiction.

That you mentioned the bible didn't change Jack, you could also have mentioned the Koran.

What would have been reasonable line of argument in this context is for you to mention other scientific research work with bad reviews that turned out to be great work years later.

Na so u go write full paper if your Prof give u D you come dey complain say na because him no like. Abeg all those days wey u dey wonder why u get bad grade after u write full paper, bro no look far the answer dey for your write up grin abeg no yab me na joke I dey joke ooh

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 16, 2021
Igbos should stop boring us with this Bonny and Opobo issue abegi

Ibanis know who they are.

3 Likes

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by Alabo7978(m): 10:00am On Dec 16, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Harry Potter is a work of fiction, so the negative reviews may come from mare readers.

An academic work getting negative reviews is a big deal. Bear in mind that Swansea university college even attached its name to that negative review. This is a real knockout blow.

The university of Cambridge angle is another huge stab on the reputation of Alagoa in particular, and University of Ibadan in general.
go back and read the review again.
it wasn't called a fraud.
he was just dissapointed that Alagoa didn't mention primary sources but secondary sources, as that is what "Chronicles" is all about.
atleast if you don't understand, take a look at your Bible (Chronicles) and know what it's all about.

2 Likes

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by Alabo7978(m): 10:12am On Dec 16, 2021
dettolgel:

What is being discussed is the content of an academic work that requires rigorous methodology, not fiction.

That you mentioned the bible didn't change Jack, you could also have mentioned the Koran.

What would have been reasonable line of argument in this context is for you to mention other scientific research work with bad reviews that turned out to be great work years later.

Na so u go write full paper if your Prof give u D you come dey complain say na because him no like. Abeg all those days wey u dey wonder why u get bad grade after u write full paper, bro no look far the answer dey for your write up grin abeg no yab me na joke I dey joke ooh
if only you understood my last line about you all passing oral history and beliefs BY A PEOPLE as academic work but ok.

to satisfy your need always want to prolong arguments, many works, science, religion, literature will always have a negative review, even Pythagoras was hated and criticised when he stated the earth was spherical.

if you don't still Gerrit, forget abourrit.

1 Like

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by Alabo7978(m): 10:16am On Dec 16, 2021
Putindbutt:

Trash!. slow understanding dey worry u.
I doubt you know that Alagoa also worked with Fombo. Since the Almighty Review also acknowledges Fambo's works as a credible reference, I hope you guys won't change your mouth tomorrow to discredit Fombo's work if you found out it doesn't fit into your narratives.

no one wants to answer
?
anyone?
ok no one...
Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by Alabo7978(m): 10:18am On Dec 16, 2021
Biafrarep:

You're doing a great job in bringing to awareness, years of blatant falsehoods and ridiculous attempts at rewriting history that was championed by one fraudulent ijaw ethnic irredentist. However, we need to take this awareness beyond nairaland. Facebook and Twitter are the two platforms we must take this awareness to so we can capture more audience, particularly the enlightened elites of Opobo and Bonny.

At this point, we already have enough facts and evidences to take up ijaw landgrabbing goons, including their chief instigator, Alagoa.

If alagoa is afraid of coming out in the open to confess why he tried to commit such sacrilege on the aborigines of Opobo and Bonny, then we will have to take the debate to him! Doesn't he have social media accounts? We must confront him now he is still alive!!
lol.
Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by dettolgel: 10:22am On Dec 16, 2021
Alabo7978:

if only you understood my last line about you all passing oral history and beliefs BY A PEOPLE as academic work but ok.

to satisfy your need always want to prolong arguments, many works, science, religion, literature will always have a negative review, even Pythagoras was hated and criticised when he stated the earth was spherical.

There are branches of academic work that still rely heavily on oral history and belief, and they have strict guidelines on how to present such evidence.

I am certain in the field of anthropology oral history and believes still play a major part in their research.

So your first point is mute.

As for your second point, yes I agree that every other aspect of scientific research there have been cases where studies are dismissed only to be accepted years later.

All you needed to do was to structure your points along that line not using JK Rowling as an example. Which in my opinion was a very poor example and not relevant to the topic.

I am sorry if you can't see the mistake in your initial position, I can't help more than I already did.

Mind you I am only reading you people's arguments and when I see one that looks absurd I have to point it out. You can look through the thread I am not interested in arguing about who is right or wrong but on the premise of your arguments.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by Ekealterego: 10:33am On Dec 16, 2021
Putindbutt:

It seems you guys have comprehension issues. According to the review, the reviewer expressed disappointment in the fact that the author uses more secondary sources than main sources.
It was just a chronicle as the title implies, which was why Cambridge referred to it as shorter notices.

They was no where, impliedly or expressly that it was called fraudulent. The crux was that Alagoa uses less materials and references.

The Nigerian education is very terrible.

You didn't see where they said he didnt reference his works? No.1 sin after plagiarism or at par.

You didn't see where they mentioned that he bastardized the original manuscript?

You didn't read the other academic frauds that was noted?

He was accused of rewriting an original work and changing the content replacing key subjects by himself.

Nigerian education is really terrible I swear.... so, you don't know the implications of republishing a short notice in an academic journal? Wow.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by Alabo7978(m): 10:34am On Dec 16, 2021
dettolgel:

There are branches of academic work that still rely heavily on oral history and belief, and the have strict guidelines on how to present such evidence.

I am certain in the field of anthropology oral history and believes still play a major part in their research.

So your first point is mute.

As for your second point, yes I agree that every other aspect of scientific research there have been cases where studies are dismissed only to be accepted years later.

All you needed to do was to structure your points along that line not using JK Rowling as an example. Which in my opinion was a very poor example and not relevant to the topic.

I am sorry if you can't see the mistake in your initial position, I can't help more than I already did.

Mind you I am only reading you people's arguments and when I see one that looks absurd I have to point it out. You can look through the thread I am not interested in arguing about who is right or wrong but on the premise of your arguments.
you still don't get it.

me using Rowlings work is because in HER FIELD, SHE IS A GODDESS; THE GODDESS.

grow a brain.
you struggled so hard looking for what to grab as leverage to continue arguing.
if you don't get my point, sit this one out.

and yes, let's believe you're not interested, but you jumped in rubbing shoulders with the members of your telegram circus.
perhaps you're behind the scenes.
I know what goes on in your telegram and WhatsApp group.
* your initial motion was to try and bring the Niger delta into your Biafra, trying hard greatly and the Southside constantly not showing any interest, then buhari called y'all a dot nation, then the mission swung to

* strong head a path to the ocean. clowns.

it is going to be easy breaking away from Nigeria than grabbing any part of the south.

1 Like

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by Ekealterego: 10:36am On Dec 16, 2021
ivolt:
Where is the fraud allegation in that review?

The reviewer is disappointed that a chronicle was written like a chronicle.
One question? Did you finish secondary school? Do you know how academic writing works? You are testament to the poor education we are talking about?

That's an academic work and not your Nollywood script, illiterate.
Don't mention this outside..

well, you are probably Ijaw, you guys have never been associated with intelligence.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by Ekealterego: 10:42am On Dec 16, 2021
Alabo7978:

Guy stop feigning ignorance or talking dumb. I thought you said you read a lot?

This is academic work.. An academic peer review. Alagoa passed his work as an academic writing/work, thus the heavy criticism by international academic heavy weights.

If he took his book to the jokes or fiction section, no one will raise an eyelid.

Look at how he was disgraced. He was termed as roadside historian.

What he did was fraudulent and a big sin in the academic world, and especially in that field.

Cambridge, JSTOR and Swansea moved the book to fiction section where the book rightly belongs.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by OfoIgbo: 10:43am On Dec 16, 2021
Alabo7978:

go back and read the review again.
it wasn't called a fraud.
he was just dissapointed that Alagoa didn't mention primary sources but secondary sources, as that is what "Chronicles" is all about.
atleast if you don't understand, take a look at your Bible (Chronicles) and know what it's all about.

If it was just about the Chronicles of Grand Bonny, how then was Ijaw being mentioned in a book about Grand Bonny? Why did he COMPLETELY SUBMERGE Mr. Fombo's manuscript.

Before I carry on, I believe it will be a good idea for core Igbos to get hold of Mr. Fombo's manuscript. There are points in it that Alagoa wished submerged.

For a scholarly work by Alagoa to earn this line, backed by University College of Swansea WHAT IS WORSE IS THAT THE NEW TEXT IS NEITHER VERY SCHOLARLY NOR VERY INTERESTING. This totally calls into question, Alagoa's scholarly pedigree.

How did the chronicling of Grand Bonny, all of a sudden turn into a land-grabbing effort, to the extent that the core manuscript which is the main source of information on Grand Bonny was COMPLETELY IGNORED?
But rather, Alagoa chose to use secondary sources, with the full intention of elevating details in those secondary sources, to completely achieve the obscuring and submerging on the principal source of information for Grand Bonny.

Alagoa and University of Ibadan cannot wriggle their way out of this major scholarly volte face.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by ThEGodFaThEr106: 10:45am On Dec 16, 2021
Ekealterego:

One question? Did you finish secondary school? Do you know how academic writing works? You are testament to the poor education we are talking about?

That's an academic work and not your Nollywood script, illiterate.
Don't mention this outside..

well, you are probably Ijaw, you guys have never been associated with intelligence.
Take it easy on him biko

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by dettolgel: 10:45am On Dec 16, 2021
Alabo7978:

you still don't get it.

me using Rowlings work is because in HER FIELD, SHE IS A GODDESS; THE GODDESS.

grow a brain.
you struggled so hard looking for what to grab as leverage to continue arguing.
if you don't get my point, sit this one out.

and yes, let's believe you're not interested, but you jumped in rubbing shoulders with the members of your telegram circus.
perhaps you're behind the scenes.
I know what goes on in your telegram and WhatsApp group.
* your initial motion was to try and bring the Niger delta into your Biafra, trying hard greatly and the Southside constantly not showing any interest, then buhari called y'all a dot nation, then the mission swung to

* strong head a path to the ocean. clowns.

it is going to be easy breaking away from Nigeria than grabbing any part of the south.

Now you are taking it personal grin.

Baba I won't throw jabs with you. But for the record it is not everyone that is on WhatsApp or telegram groups (another error of hastily generalisation about someone you barely know grin)

My advice to you is based on my experience as a reviewer in some scientific journals.

I don't know if you have ever written or published a scientific paper but the more you do the more you start seeing a shift in the way you put forward your argument.

Seriously like I said I am not going to trade jabs with you, if you like accept my advice if you like don't accept it. Your life your choice.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by Ekealterego: 11:02am On Dec 16, 2021
Biafrarep:

Please kindly tell me what exactly is your problem:

1. Inability to read and comprehend texts written in plain English?

2. Dishonesty and desperate attempts at supporting falsehoods?

3. Daftness?

I will wager on the combination of the three.

A book that University College of Swansea, JSTOR and Cambridge took to compete with "Chike and the River" and "Ade goes to school".

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by dettolgel: 11:37am On Dec 16, 2021
Ekealterego:

Nigeria education is very terrible.

You didn't see where they said he didnt reference his works? No.1 sin after plagiarism or at par.

You didn't see where they mentioned that he bastardized the original manuscript?

You didn't read the other academic frauds that was noted?

He was accused of rewriting an original work and changing the content replacing key subjects by himself.

Nigerian education is really terrible I swear.... so, you don't know the implications of republishing a short notice in an academic journal? Wow.

You are right Nigeria education is very terrible indeed. Now I see why firm find it difficult to hire them.

These guys are naïve and are not even ashamed to display their ignorance before the world.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by Alabo7978(m): 12:13pm On Dec 16, 2021
dettolgel:

Now you are taking it personal grin.

Baba I won't throw jabs with you. But for the record it is not everyone that is on WhatsApp or telegram groups (another error of hastily generalisation about someone you barely know

My advice to you is based on my experience as a reviewer in some scientific journals.

I don't know if you have ever written or published a scientific paper but the more you do the more you start seeing a shift in the way you put forward your argument.

Seriously like I said I am not going to trade jabs with you, if you like accept my advice if you like don't accept it. Your life your choice.
not a hasty generalization, I mean it's very clear to see.
you've been going back and forth with whomever is pointing out TO YOU AND YOUR CIRCUS what Chronicles are all about, I am not one to generalize hastily because it's page 3-4 and you've been championing your washed thoughts on Alagoa who doesn't even know a group of abakiliki community boys exist.
no one from your ancestry, not even your father can stand before him. I suggest you use a Merriam-Webster.
how we got to writing or publishing scientific paper; I have no idea but all I'll say is nigga stick to the point, the point is ALAGOA AND; CHRONICLES OF BONNY before you began mentioning scientific writes ups and all just to seem woke, LMAO.
speaking as though you've published a scientific paper.
sorry what scientific journal are you a reviewer in?
what branch of science do you review in?
who knows you?
don't come here trying to come and impress your circus.
I'm not your average nairalander who shares likes on some fancy words, live that to nylon personalities who are easily carried by the wind.
the best you are if you were ever able to own an account in Jstor(which any can have or access with the library or website of their university)
the best you are is just an UNINVITED and unknown brandisher of comment. I know you all, nairaland is your home and abroad. now swerve.

1 Like

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by Alabo7978(m): 12:28pm On Dec 16, 2021
Ekealterego:

Guy stop feigning ignorance or talking dumb. I thought you said you read a lot?

This is academic work.. An academic peer review. Alagoa passed his work as an academic writing/work, thus the heavy criticism by international academic heavy weights.

If he took his book to the jokes or fiction section, no one will raise an eyelid.

Look at how he was disgraced. He was termed as roadside historian.

What he did was fraudulent and a big sin in the academic world, and especially in that field.

Cambridge, JSTOR and Swansea moved the book to fiction section where the book rightly belongs.

lol, this clown.
you've been dodging me ever since.
you in particular was the reason I reactivated my nairaland account.
roadside historian eh?
OTONYE DOMOKUMA how many times have I called you?
wasn't the mighty Pythagoras criticized for his research when he stated the earth was spherical?
I saw your other cohorts now acknowledging Fombo when its suits your narrative.
I thought Fombo was an enemy of the circus?
do you think Fombo will write the things that'll be like jazz music to your minds?
Fombo also wrote what you hate to hear.
deal with it.
I can't wait to see you all roasting Fombo on another thread.

2 Likes

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by 9Pluto(m): 12:32pm On Dec 16, 2021
Alabo7978:

not a hasty generalization, I mean it's very clear to see.
you've been going back and forth with whomever is pointing out TO YOU AND YOUR CIRCUS what Chronicles are all about, I am not one to generalize hastily because it's page 3-4 and you've been championing your washed thoughts on Alagoa who doesn't even know a group of abakiliki community boys exist.
no one from your ancestry, not even your father can stand before him. I suggest you use a Merriam-Webster.
how we got to writing or publishing scientific paper; I have no idea but all I'll say is nigga stick to the point, the point is ALAGOA AND; CHRONICLES OF BONNY before you began mentioning scientific writes ups and all just to seem woke, LMAO.
speaking as though you've published a scientific paper.
sorry what scientific journal are you a reviewer in?
what branch of science do you review in?
who knows you?
don't come here trying to come and impress your circus.
I'm not your average nairalander who shares likes on some fancy words, live that to nylon personalities who are easily carried by the wind.
the best you are if you were ever able to own an account in Jstor(which any can have or access with the library or website of their university)
the best you are is just an UNINVITED and unknown brandisher of comment. I know you all, nairaland is your home and abroad. now swerve.

Please next time you attempt to disguise your semi-literacy, be benevolent enough to start each sentence with a capital letter.

Spare us the headache of trying to reconcile between a Professor being compare to someone without education and you who appeared as the most education folk in your clan, yet my nephew in primary 6 is the one to point out your disjointed comment.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by Alabo7978(m): 12:34pm On Dec 16, 2021
OfoIgbo:

If it was just about the Chronicles of Grand Bonny, how then was Ijaw being mentioned in a book about Grand Bonny? Why did he COMPLETELY SUBMERGE Mr. Fombo's manuscript.

Before I carry on, I believe it will be a good idea for core Igbos to get hold of Mr. Fombo's manuscript. There are points in it that Alagoa wished submerged.

For a scholarly work by Alagoa to earn this line, backed by University College of Swansea WHAT IS WORSE IS THAT THE NEW TEXT IS NEITHER VERY SCHOLARLY NOR VERY INTERESTING. This totally calls into question, Alagoa's scholarly pedigree.

How did the chronicling of Grand Bonny, all of a sudden turn into a land-grabbing effort, to the extent that the core manuscript which is the main source of information on Grand Bonny was COMPLETELY IGNORED?
But rather, Alagoa chose to use secondary sources, with the full intention of elevating details in those secondary sources, to completely achieve the obscuring and submerging on the principal source of information for Grand Bonny.

Alagoa and University of Ibadan cannot wriggle their way out of this major scholarly volte face.
OfoIgbo:

For a scholarly work by Alagoa to earn this line, backed by University College of Swansea WHAT IS WORSE IS THAT THE NEW TEXT IS NEITHER VERY [b]SCHOLARLY
NOR VERY INTERESTING. This totally calls into question, Alagoa's scholarly pedigree.

[/b]
OfoIgbo:

lol, I want you all to get Fombo's work and see for yourselves too.

I can imagine the next thread to be.
"FOMBO THE WICKED LIAR"
LOL.

1 Like

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by Alabo7978(m): 12:40pm On Dec 16, 2021
9Pluto:

Please next time you attempt to disguise your semi-literacy, be benevolent enough to start each sentence with a capital letter.

Spare us the headache of trying to reconcile between a Professor being compare to someone without education and you who appeared as the most education folk in your clan, yet my nephew in primary 6 is the one to point out your disjointed comment.
everyone knows every sentence should begin with a capital letter, and let me add because you didn't mention. all sentence shouldn't be longer than 6 lines. we all know that, but is nairaland a place to keep those rules? come on, people even comment with abbreviations. nairaland is a social media site and not a literary site. you obviously have nothing to attack anymore and you had to use that?? shows how lame you are.

1 Like

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by Ekealterego: 12:49pm On Dec 16, 2021
Alabo7978:

lol, this clown.
roadside historian eh?
wasn't the mighty Pythagoras criticized for his research when he stated the earth was spherical?
do you think Fombo will write the things that'll be like jazz music to your minds?
deal with it.
Wow, this is a guy who claims he reads... Where do I even start from?
You are comparing Pythagoras (570 BC), and theories of earth shape (3000 BC) that were based on very early philosophical thoughts with Academic writing in peer review with an abundance of research and modern and established ethnological tools, thoughts, practice and apparatus?

Igboid, Bkayy, 9cloud please tell me this actually joking...A human cannot be this slow.

Guy, you are joking right? Right?

9 Likes

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by 9Pluto(m): 12:53pm On Dec 16, 2021
Ekealterego:

You are comparing Pythagoras (570 BC), and theories of earth shape (3000 BC) that were based on very early philosophical thoughts with Academic writing in peer review with an abundance of research and modern and established ethnological tools, thoughts, practice and apparatus?

Igboid, Bkayy, 9cloud please tell me this actually joking...A human cannot be this slow.

Pay that guy no attention. A look at the disjointed way he writes will tell you all you need to understand about his thought process.

He was most likely tutored by his mentor.

6 Likes

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by Vintagepipes: 1:09pm On Dec 16, 2021
Alabo7978:

lol, this clown.
roadside historian eh?
deal with it.

........Pythagoras' mathematic philosophies vs Modern evidence backed research.

............... I' faith, a poorly executed joke.

4 Likes

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by Alabo7978(m): 1:24pm On Dec 16, 2021
Ekealterego:

I wasn't wrong when I refered you all as circus freaks.
I minored philosophy in my freshman year.
Anaximader claimed the earth was cylindrical.
Anaximenes believed the earth was flat (that was the earliest claim)
At your 3000Bc the proto Greeks haven't even arrived.
The world was still influenced by the Babylonian myth and they were the ones who propounded the earth was flat.
Now get out of here.
The brains of all of you put together is no match for mine, and like I said to you earlier, I can't even recall the last time I picked a book because money is on my mind and that all the knowledge I gathered even at age 10 far outdoes any you'll get at age 50.

1 Like

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by IDENNAA(m): 1:40pm On Dec 16, 2021
Alabo7978:

everyone knows every sentence should begin with a capital letter, and let me add because you didn't mention. all sentence shouldn't be longer than 6 lines. we all know that, but is nairaland a place to keep those rules? come on, people even comment with abbreviations. nairaland is a social media site and not a literary site. you obviously have nothing to attack anymore and you had to use that?? shows how lame you are.

Addressing your second sentence, you would mean to say paragraphs not a "sentence." A standard paragraph goes anywhere from three to five sentences , depending on the length of the sentence.

You should focus on more serious matter and worry less about grammar , because your writing......well

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by IDENNAA(m): 2:16pm On Dec 16, 2021
Alabo7978:

I wasn't wrong when I refered you all as circus freaks.
I minored philosophy in my freshman year.
Anaximader claimed the earth was cylindrical.
Anaximenes believed the earth was flat (that was the earliest claim)
At your 3000Bc the proto Greeks haven't even arrived.
The world was still influenced by the Babylonian myth and they were the ones who propounded the earth was flat.
Now get out of here.
The brains of all of you put together is no match for mine, and like I said to you earlier, I can't even recall the last time I picked a book because money is on my mind and that all the knowledge I gathered even at age 10 far outdoes any you'll get at age 50.

Now, you are going off rails, please don't deviate from the topic.

Meanwhile, you could act ignorant or try to water down the gravity of Alagoa deception and schemes in trying to steal an Igbo city's history and fame.

On that review it clearly stated " there is virtually no attempt at interpretation at all , just a sequence of kings and events" , and I hope you understand the message the reviewer is trying to convey, here. But , in case you have one of those ogogoro diseases, the reviewer is basically saying that Alagoa's texts , which you guys are basing your Bonny land grabbing incursions on has no requisite details to validate his hypothesis.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

FG Needs To Communicate Whether Subsidy Has Returned Or Not — Obanikoro / Christmas: NSCDC Deploys 55,000 Personnel, Sniffer Dogs / What A Yoruba Christian Said About Nnamdi Kanu Now And Got 1000 likes (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.