Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,811 members, 7,820,837 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

What are some common mistakes people make when job hunting? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What are some common mistakes people make when job hunting? (203 Views)

Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? / 8 Things You Must Keep In Mind When Job Hunting / Some Fun While Job Hunting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What are some common mistakes people make when job hunting? by Robertkenny(m): 5:52am On Dec 16, 2021
If you are a dedicated job seeker; you should treat your search like a full time job. Track the amount of time you spend on your search and bump up your effort if you find it lagging. Each person is the most important person in the world to himself and is the center of his own existence. There is a certain security in telling one’s self, “I am really a failure because I’ve never tried my very best!”
Awareness of one’s own potentials can be very frightening. But even more frightening prospect is; you give up calling yourself a failure, do the very best you can, and still don't make it!

Tension and frustration are an inevitable part of being. To refuse to tolerate such experiences is to deny this reality. Overcoming this toxic attitude often letting go of the fantasy that life ”should” be easy and that frustration is unfair.

Being obsessed with the wasted past does nothing but waste the present. Regrets are an exercise in futility which can go on forever. Living in the moment; experiencing to the fullest what is nourishing in the present. (“Today is the first day of the rest of my life.”)There is nothing impulsive or irresponsible in this attitude.

We rarely find antidotes through easy “Answers”, quick gimmicks, techniques, medicines or any apparatus to fade away all anxiety and tension. I recognize that my own power to myself and take my stand is the best antidote to the toxic influences of the world in which I live.

Continuing to surrender to our phobias only intensifies their destructive power and enhances their poisonous effect on our well being. Whenever we discover that an existing attitude or behavior pattern has become obsolete, we can then seek an antidote by experimenting with other attitudes or behavior to replace the toxic pattern.

Our capabilities function most effectively when we are not doing too much to distort and block our natural functioning. Allow yourself time to evaluate your life and make sure your decisions are made to please you .

The desire to realize one’s potentials can be extremely gratifying. A nourishing attitude toward these needs focuses on the process of growth rather than the accomplishment of reaching some end point of achievement. Nourishing person enjoys his efforts in the process of working toward his goal.

It’s hard to get motivated as a job seeker, making it happen on your own. The lack of structure or a set schedule can make your job search feel even more difficult.

If you are a dedicated job seeker; you should treat your search like a full time job. Track the amount of time you spend on your search and bump up your effort if you find it lagging. Make sure your social media accounts are clean and represent you positively.

Find out ; what opportunities are out there in the fields that you’re interested in, what areas of work you would like to be in ,work out what employers you would like to work for,and then approaching those employers. Take a look at the job boards, or even company websites of business you are interested in. Don’t wait for them to advertise, get in there first. Believe in your skills and be organized. Wherever possible talk to the human resources department. Offer them your Resume. To ensure your resume gets seen, use key words that appear in the job description. You have to write and rewrite resumes, and then send them out. Contact them regularly and ask them about who else you should approach if they aren’t able to help.

Even though you haven’t been granted an interview yet, you should be prepared. List out some of the common interview questions and practice, practice and practice. This way when you are invited for an interview you feel confident and ready to impress!

Your ultimate goal is to land a JOB.

ARISE AWAKE AND STOP NOT TILL THE GOAL IS REACHED

Recruiters have seen it all when it comes to candidates from embellished resumes to a total lack of commitment. It’s their job to match up the top candidates with their perfect job, so they've become pretty well practiced at reading people and spotting the red flags a candidate may display.

So be well presented, persistent, polite and creative.
Re: What are some common mistakes people make when job hunting? by WoundedLamb: 5:56am On Dec 16, 2021
You know taking a picture from a conference held in Abuja in 2019 works against the end goal of promoting the new job board, right? Just saying.

*Edit*
This is much better. Better title too.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Closed / Electrical Engineering Job / Repair Technician

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.