Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,977 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

How do I cope with the housework as I'm a full-day worker? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How do I cope with the housework as I'm a full-day worker? (170 Views)

How Do Unemployed Family Men Cope Abeg? / How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? / Freelance Driver Needed For Full Day Tomorrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How do I cope with the housework as I'm a full-day worker? by Robertkenny(m): 9:54am On Dec 16, 2021
This answer will probably shock some people, but here goes: housework isn't as important as many people seem to think.

There are only a few priorities that absolutely HAVE to be done every day:

Tidying up stuff that's lying around - this will quickly become overwhelming unless you keep in top of it.
Washing dishes/loading the dishwasher etc.
Putting a load of clothes in the washing machine and/or drying clothes and/or putting clean laundry away.
Keeping kitchen work tops tidy and disinfected.
Sweeping the kitchen floor.
Keeping things relatively hygienic in the bathroom.
Extra one for these covid times: disinfecting all door handles, stair rails, etc.
These tasks can be easily done in 30 mins.

All other housework can be done as and when you can manage it. I guess you might want to do vacuuming and changing bedding once a week, but the world will not end if you can't manage this.

It doesn't matter if your house is not spotless… it does not make you a bad person. I have friends who work full time, then spend ANOTHER two hours every day cleaning… plus ALL day every Saturday. Life is waaay too short to spend this much time cleaning! Your house only needs to be fairly presentable/hygienic and that's all.

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need A Job Around Abuja... / Drivers, Cleaners And Bus Aunties Are Urgently Needed At An International School / How Lucrative Is Blogging?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.