Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,809 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

2023: Nigerians Must Be Allowed To Choose Their Leaders - Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Nigerians Must Be Allowed To Choose Their Leaders - Osinbajo (9305 Views)

It’s Worrisome Nigerians Don’t Believe Their Leaders - Mohammed Idris / Meet African Countries And Their Leaders (Pictures) / Nigerian Soldiers Mourn As One Of Their Leaders Die Few Months After Celebration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Nigerians Must Be Allowed To Choose Their Leaders - Osinbajo by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:10am On Dec 17, 2021
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has said that democracy remains the best system of establishing governments because it guarantees respect for the fundamental rights of individuals to choose their leaders.

Prof. Osinbajo stated this today in Ibadan, Oyo State capital, where he chaired a roundtable discussion, which was held in honour of the late governor of the State, Senator Abiola Ajimobi, and in commemoration of his posthumous 72nd birthday.

Speaking on the theme of the Roundtable, Election Security and Good Governance in Nigeria, the VP noted that democracy as a “system of governance guarantees the accountability of the elected to the electorate. As the electorate determine in every electoral cycle by their free choice whether the mandate given was properly utilized.”

Referencing the timeless quote by the late US President Abraham Lincoln in his Gettysburg Address in 1863, Prof. Osinbajo submitted that “man has not yet developed a fairer and more just system of establishing governments than that the government be a government of the people by the people for the people.”

“This right of choice of leaders as given by democracy is not just a fundamental civil and political right, but it also separates man from animals for whom might confers the right to leadership,” he added.

According to him “the major issue, therefore, is how to ensure that the right of free choice is not defeated or corrupted. Once that right of free choice is violated, the basis of democracy and its product, good governance, is undermined.”

“I am sure some of the conversation today will look at this fundamental point…how can we protect the vote, how do we ensure that every vote counts; how do we protect the government of the people, by the people, and for the people; and ensure, as Lincoln famously prayed at Gettysburg, that it does not perish from the earth?”

Prof. Osinbajo described the late governor Ajimobi as “an exceptional communicator and a natural bridge builder, who attained early success in the oil and gas industry, and then emerged as an astute politician, Senator of the Federal Republic, and two-term governor of Oyo State.”

The VP added that the late Senator Abiola Ajimobi was “a remarkable human being, an extraordinarily gifted man, astute politician, accomplished public intellectual and administrator in his own right.”

The former Chairman of Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) Professor Attahiru Jega, was the lead speaker, among other distinguished panels of discussants.

The Vice President also commissioned the Senator Abiola Ajimobi Resource Center built by the Senator Abiola Ajimobi Foundation at the Institute for Peace and Strategic Studies (IPSS), University of Ibadan, Oyo State.

Dignitaries at the event hosted by the late Senator Ajimobi’s wife, Mrs. Florence Ajimobi included the Deputy Governors of Oyo and Osun States: Rauf Olaniyan and Benedict Gboyega Alabi; Minister of Sports and Youth Development Sunday Dare, traditional rulers and top government officials.

https://dailypost.ng/2021/12/16/2023-nigerians-must-be-allowed-to-choose-their-leaders-osinbajo/

6 Likes

Re: 2023: Nigerians Must Be Allowed To Choose Their Leaders - Osinbajo by endsarrrs(f): 5:10am On Dec 17, 2021
Hmm somehow Tinubu matter will come into this post undecided

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Nigerians Must Be Allowed To Choose Their Leaders - Osinbajo by Mokason288(m): 5:19am On Dec 17, 2021
Oga Osibanjo are you aware BUhari rigged his way the second tenure?

43 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2023: Nigerians Must Be Allowed To Choose Their Leaders - Osinbajo by ThEGodFaThEr106: 5:20am On Dec 17, 2021
After helping to rig the dullard Buhari into power through Trader Money, the lying pastor that God never called knows what is about to go down in south west. He knows the Iragbiji born cocaine criminal drug lord will use a bottle of ororo and a plate of amala ati Ewedu to get their people to vote for him.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Nigerians Must Be Allowed To Choose Their Leaders - Osinbajo by omenkaLives(m): 5:27am On Dec 17, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr106:
After helping to rig the dullard Buhari into power through Trader Money, the lying pastor knows what is about to go down in south west. He knows the Iragbiji born cocaine criminal drug lord will use a bottle of ororo and a plate of amala ati Ewedu to get their people to vote for him.
I hope AfghanEasternis understand the VP is referring to NIGERIANS and not them.

Only Nigerians are allowed to vote in a Nigerian election and not Afghans or Cameroonian Cannibals.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Nigerians Must Be Allowed To Choose Their Leaders - Osinbajo by ThEGodFaThEr106: 5:34am On Dec 17, 2021
omenkaLives:
I hope AfghanEasternis understand the VP is referring to NIGERIANS and not them.

Only Nigerians are allowed to vote in a Nigerian election and not Afghans or Cameroonian Cannibals.
Which vice president?
You mean a tea and newspaper errand boy in Aso rock?
Yoruba people sef! After spending all their owo ajó in OWAMBE parties they'll go about serenading all the infrastructural facilities with hot Omoluabi shit, popularly called igbę in Yoruba parlance.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Nigerians Must Be Allowed To Choose Their Leaders - Osinbajo by endsarrrs(f): 5:39am On Dec 17, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr106:

Which vice president?
You mean a tea and newspaper errand boy in Aso rock?
Yoruba people sef! After spending all their owo ajó in OWAMBE parties they'll go about serenading all the infrastructural facilities with hot Omoluabi shit, popularly called igbę in Yoruba parlance.
Go and sleep foreign terrorist! Your mumu be like AsampeteNyaanyi own

Happy Birthday to Buhari

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Nigerians Must Be Allowed To Choose Their Leaders - Osinbajo by ThEGodFaThEr106: 5:45am On Dec 17, 2021
endsarrrs:
I visited Challenge in Ibadan last week and was surprised at the way the indigenes were staring at my skull while salivating and licking their lips. Nobody told me to board the nearest bus from Guru-Maharaji bus stop and find my way home.

21 Likes

Re: 2023: Nigerians Must Be Allowed To Choose Their Leaders - Osinbajo by nairavsdollars(f): 5:46am On Dec 17, 2021
Let Camerounians choose our leaders for us

1 Like

Re: 2023: Nigerians Must Be Allowed To Choose Their Leaders - Osinbajo by endsarrrs(f): 5:48am On Dec 17, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr106:

I visited Challenge in Ibadan last week and was surprised at the way the indigenes were staring at my skull while salivating and licking their lips. Nobody told me to board the nearest bus from Guru-Maharaji bus stop and find my way home.
lol ...Truly too you mumu like asampetenwaanyi guy. Ndi Boogyman old kala is needed at this point to comot some legs cheesy

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Nigerians Must Be Allowed To Choose Their Leaders - Osinbajo by ThEGodFaThEr106: 5:52am On Dec 17, 2021
endsarrrs:
lol ...Truly too you mumu like asampetenwaanyi guy. Boogyman old kala is needed at this point tongue
Who are you calling a Mumu?
I or Your father ?
After selling all his properties in Lagos he's now homeless and sleeping on the roof.

7 Likes

Re: 2023: Nigerians Must Be Allowed To Choose Their Leaders - Osinbajo by airminem(f): 6:03am On Dec 17, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr106:

Who are you calling a Mumu?
I or Your father ?
After selling all his properties in Lagos he's now homeless and sleeping on the roof.
oboi see Finishing. I am a soldier and i order you now not to insult anyones parent again!

6 Likes

Re: 2023: Nigerians Must Be Allowed To Choose Their Leaders - Osinbajo by Tetrahedron: 6:05am On Dec 17, 2021
grin grin grin

As apc did allow in 2019 elections with
widespread rigging
ballot box snatching
burning in festac,
intimidation in eti-osa
Oshodi violence (palace of the king of touts),
underage voting in borno
result manipulation in south-east!
Etc

Apc thinks it has a readymade template to continually rig themselves into offices in Nigeria!

Till date am still not sure if Atiku didnt win that election!

But time will tell!

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Nigerians Must Be Allowed To Choose Their Leaders - Osinbajo by verybadmouth(m): 6:11am On Dec 17, 2021
I'm beginning to have interest in Nigeria politics
Re: 2023: Nigerians Must Be Allowed To Choose Their Leaders - Osinbajo by benuejosh: 6:11am On Dec 17, 2021
Nigerians have always chosen their leaders from Buhari as the president of Nigeria to Zulum as governor of Borno State, to Hope Uzodima the governor of Imo State, to Barr. Wike the governor of Rivers State, to Mr. Ortom of Benue State who has failed terribly and of lately to Charles Soludo the governor elect of Anambra states.

We should beware of Fashola and a host of others who are pushing this agenda and putting Osinbajo up against Tinubu.

Anyday, anytime, Nigerians have always chosen their leaders.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Nigerians Must Be Allowed To Choose Their Leaders - Osinbajo by jaymejate: 6:11am On Dec 17, 2021
Tell your Ogas not us

1 Like

Re: 2023: Nigerians Must Be Allowed To Choose Their Leaders - Osinbajo by donprinyo(m): 6:15am On Dec 17, 2021
omenkaLives:

evidence of an unplugged brain.

6 Likes

Re: 2023: Nigerians Must Be Allowed To Choose Their Leaders - Osinbajo by Equal2DeTask(m): 6:17am On Dec 17, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: 2023: Nigerians Must Be Allowed To Choose Their Leaders - Osinbajo by Ihuomanice1(f): 6:17am On Dec 17, 2021
����� nka bu akuko uwa

1 Like

Re: 2023: Nigerians Must Be Allowed To Choose Their Leaders - Osinbajo by Henryjr(m): 6:18am On Dec 17, 2021
Osinbanjo is only known for motivational speeches

Truth is, he is not aware of the plans of the president. He speaks the opposite of whatever the presidency have in mind to do.

What a clown��

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Nigerians Must Be Allowed To Choose Their Leaders - Osinbajo by silvoclaira: 6:18am On Dec 17, 2021
Buhari is celebrating his birthday inTurkey and osinbajo you are here talking trash. Mumu as malami

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Nigerians Must Be Allowed To Choose Their Leaders - Osinbajo by baggioni: 6:21am On Dec 17, 2021
smiley
Yes I agree and we have consulted widely and have agreed to pick you Professor Yemi Osinbajo cool

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Nigerians Must Be Allowed To Choose Their Leaders - Osinbajo by Drsnives(m): 6:29am On Dec 17, 2021
He dea indirectly talk to Tinubu

1 Like

Re: 2023: Nigerians Must Be Allowed To Choose Their Leaders - Osinbajo by Babastrong(m): 6:33am On Dec 17, 2021
This post does not concern ipigs because they are not nigerians.
Re: 2023: Nigerians Must Be Allowed To Choose Their Leaders - Osinbajo by sammyj: 6:33am On Dec 17, 2021
Hope your oga at the top is listening to you!!
Re: 2023: Nigerians Must Be Allowed To Choose Their Leaders - Osinbajo by AchalugoNwa(f): 6:34am On Dec 17, 2021
endsarrrs:
lol ...Truly too you mumu like asampetenwaanyi guy. Ndi Boogyman old kala is needed at this point to comot some legs cheesy
mynd44
lalasticlala
Seun

Rule 2
Re: 2023: Nigerians Must Be Allowed To Choose Their Leaders - Osinbajo by AchalugoNwa(f): 6:34am On Dec 17, 2021
endsarrrs:

Happy Birthday to Buhari
mynd44
lalasticlala
Seun

Rule 2
Re: 2023: Nigerians Must Be Allowed To Choose Their Leaders - Osinbajo by Babastrong(m): 6:36am On Dec 17, 2021
[quote author=ThEGodFaThEr106 post=108570394]
I visited Challenge in Ibadan last week and was surprised at the way the indigenes were staring at my skull while salivating and licking their lips. Nobody told me to board the nearest bus from Guru-Maharaji bus stop and find my way home.[ You had better relocated to your biaflaaa country.]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Nigerians Must Be Allowed To Choose Their Leaders - Osinbajo by Babastrong(m): 6:38am On Dec 17, 2021
[quote author=Ihuomanice1 post=108570811]����� nka bu akuko uwa[ Harano dekita inai ito]
Re: 2023: Nigerians Must Be Allowed To Choose Their Leaders - Osinbajo by freshkpomo(m): 6:45am On Dec 17, 2021
Who ever banned MANNBBQ please do it over and over again, you have saved many of us from migraine from reading long unrelated epistle of spam... He needs another rehab, the past few days of his absence have been the best, no long spam trash.

Now back to the topic, non of you currently ranting deserve a shot at it, you all have been part of the current administration, so you all should sit your ass down and stop running around chasing shadows.. Na Tinubu and bello own even funny me pass, where those idiots dey go. Osibanjo and Buhari are one. Nor let anybody decieve you. Na so Obaseki pretend finish get 4+4, now edo people dey cry lol.

Trust these silly politicians at your peril, Obj say Atiku Na thief, naked East we want look? Those ones when nor fit protect their people want protect Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Nigerians Must Be Allowed To Choose Their Leaders - Osinbajo by Perfecttouch(m): 6:55am On Dec 17, 2021
Him Don dey open up small small..
Nawa o, see small yansh dey shake o, osinbanjo self Wan flex him small muscle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Nigerians Must Be Allowed To Choose Their Leaders - Osinbajo by Salvofthesouth(m): 7:04am On Dec 17, 2021
Henryjr:
Osinbabjo is only known for motivational speeches

Truth is, he is not aware of the plans of the president. He speaks the opposite of whatever the presidency have in mind to do.

What a clown��

Which kyn he is not aware? Oga he is aware of everything, he is just continually pretending to be unaware. He is just being his usual fake pastor that God will deal with las las

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lai: Desperate Opposition Politicians Out To Run Down Buhari's Achievements / Ondo-Central Hold Walk For Tinubu/Shettima / Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.