Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,051 members, 7,814,611 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Bisi Akande’s My Participations: Harmful Or Good For Tinubu’s Presidential Bid? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bisi Akande’s My Participations: Harmful Or Good For Tinubu’s Presidential Bid? (11517 Views)

My Participations: Buhari Leads The "Who Is Who" To Bisi Akande's book launch / Osun APC Crisis: Bisi Akande Mediates In Oyetola, Aregbesola Rift (Photos) / Osun Election: PDP Floors APC In Bisi Akande’s Polling Unit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bisi Akande’s My Participations: Harmful Or Good For Tinubu’s Presidential Bid? by bolaayenimo: 5:23am On Dec 17, 2021
By Temidayo Akinsuyi - On Dec 17, 2021

TEMIDAYO AKINSUYI

The dusts raised by ‘My Participations’ the 559- page autobiography of Chief Bisi Akande is still swirling dusts in the air which may not settle anytime soon, especially with the 2023 presidential election just few months away . So many names mentioned in the book which was launched last week at Eko Hotel in Lagos have been speaking out through their proxies while others have directly come out to speak for themselves, faulting the contents . Notable among these were President Muhammadu Buhari, former Vice- President Atiku Abubakar and Chief Ayo Adebanjo, national leader of Afenifere.

In the book, Akande, a former governor of Osun state and pioneer national chairman of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) described Adebanjo, as a blank politically-minded leader who does not have what it takes to contest political positions.

He also said Adebanjo pestered the APC National Leader, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, who was then Lagos state governor to build him a house in Lekki, where he now resides.

He also alleged that the trio of Adebanjo, Sir Olaniwun Ajayi (now deceased), and Chief Olu Falae should have found younger Yoruba sons to represent the South- West at the 2014 National Conference convened by former President Goodluck Jonathan instead of pocketing “generous allowances” given to conference delegates.

Akande said, “I was not surprised that three old men who were virulently opposed to our aspirations in the APC found their ways into the Jonathan Conference. These men – Sir Olaniwun Ajayi, Chief Ayo Adebanjo and Chief Olu Falae were once our leaders in the old Afenifere until the passage of Papa Adesanya.

“They could not find any younger Yoruba to send to the conference to represent our interest. They believed, even in their old age, that they were the only people who could have gone there. Sir Ajayi, who was close to 90 at the time of the Conference, has since joined his ancestors. Chief Adebanjo celebrated his 90th birthday in 2018. Chief Falae is in his 80s. Note that Jonathan paid the conference delegates generous allowances!”

“One day, Sir Olaniwun was launching a book at Muson Centre, Lagos. After the book presentation, Tinubu said I should not go and that he would like to see me. We met in a small room where he also invited Sir Olaniwun Ajayi. ‘Papa, you can see that this document is old, Tinubu said as he handed over a big envelope to Ajayi. This is your C of O (Certificate of Occupancy)!’

“Tinubu told me later that after he presented Adebanjo’s C of O to him, Adebanjo was always pestering Tinubu until he helped built a house on the plot. The street was also named in honour of Adebanjo and he is living in that house now at Lekki Phase One,” Akande said.

Responding, Adebanjo in an interview said Akande only used the book to launder Tinubu’s image ahead of the 2023 presidential election. He also accused him of selling Yoruba race out in a bid to ensure that Tinubu emerges as president in 2023.

Describing Akande as just an apron string of Tinubu, Adebanjo said “He is too junior for me to be commenting on what he said. I signed his papers to be governor. And the condition we gave for him to become governor was that of sovereign national conference for the restructuring of the country back to federalism. That was the condition for his election in 1999 and he reneged on that.

“We warned them when they reneged. They have sold out the Yoruba race to President Muhammadu Buhari all because they want Tinubu to be president.

“But telling lies is the one I don’t know and I don’t know how a man like Akande, who claims that we all come from the root of Obafemi Awolowo, can be taking pride in his participation in the government of Buhari when all those who supported him initially are now regretting that they did so.

“There is no sensible man who will come out now and say he is proud of Buhari. It shows the type of character he is. So, he is too junior for me to be commenting on what he said.”

Also in the book, Akande while chronicling the events that led to the eventual selection of Prof. Yemi Osinbajo as running mate to President Buhari in December 2014 said Buhari promised to pick Tinubu as his running mate in the 2015 election but reneged later, saying that he only wanted Tinubu to ‘partner with him’.

“In April 2014, I was in Abuja when Buhari called me and asked me to persuade Bola to run with him. Governor Masari was the one who came to call me. When I followed him into Buhari’s private lobby, Bola Tinubu was already seated there.

“So, when Buhari tabled the matter, I cautioned them that this must not get out beyond the four of us. ‘How could he be talking of a running mate when he had not secured the ticket?” I mused.

“I thought such information, if leaked to the general public, might affect the conduct of the party’s congress at the presidential primaries, if not its choice of candidate. I thanked Buhari for thinking so highly of our friend.

“Bola later told me that Buhari’s emissaries had been coming to him, but he tried to dodge the gesture and not to show interest. We agreed that we would reopen the matter when Buhari had secured the ticket,”

In the book, Akande also claimed Tinubu said he no longer trusts Buhari after he declined him as his running mate.

“I don’t want to be part of whatever you are discussing now, ‘he said. ‘I don’t trust Buhari anymore! Even if we give him names, he may decide to go outside the list. So, let him choose on his own. He was unhappy with Buhari. I told him that was not the attitude to adopt. We were trying to toy with some names and I wanted him to participate in the discussion. After some time, Amosun, Aregbesola and I were considering some names. Then I decided to call Tinubu again”.

Responding to Akande’s claim, some of Buhari’s close allies and foot soldiers, who were privy to some of the negotiations and horse-trading that preceded the 2015 elections, dismissed the account by Akande as being twisted and far from the truth. According to them, “Buhari truly and only promised Tinubu a workable partnership, which included conceding the vice-presidential slot to the South-west as a bloc, not to exactly make him his running mate.”

According to them, all that Buhari said was that he was going to partner and work with Tinubu, in the context of a partnership between the South-west and North-west, reiterating that the president never promised Tinubu vice president or running mate, contrary to claims by Akande in the book.

They maintained that Akande’s account was deliberately slanted, to not only make Tinubu look good and whip up sentiment for him, but also send the president on a guilt trip and compel him to side with the former Lagos governor, who has shown keen interest, albeit clandestinely, in the 2023 presidential election.

“And, in all of this, what Akande did not disclose was that Buhari sent a delegation of Farouk Aliyu, Hadi Sirika and Sarki Abba, to meet Tinubu and explained to him that the Muslim-Muslim ticket would not work, but that they would be partners to work together.”

Akande also alleged that Atiku was always begging Tinubu for money. According to him, anytime they said they needed money, Atiku would say “Bola please help us”.

“Bola (Tinubu) was the only one spending the money among us. The rest of us were poor. Tinubu also put all his energy and resources into the formation of the AC and we felt he deserved a spot on the ticket,” he wrote.

Paul Ibe, spokesman for Atiku, said such was not a big deal because, at the time, Atiku and Tinubu belonged to the same camp.

He said if Atiku was demanding money, it was not for his personal use. “As at that time, Tinubu and Atiku were of the same stock, political family. So what’s the story there?”.

“If they were not members of the AC then, like Asiwaju Tinubu and other stakeholders in the AC, who was going to fund the campaign? It was a presidential election that was run with Atiku Abubakar as a candidate. It is not about him as an individual. Campaigns are funded. Were you going to expect another party to fund it or other stakeholders from another party to fund it?

“It has to be funded by members of that party and the last time I checked from history, Asiwaju Tinubu was a major stakeholder of that party. If Chief Bisi Akande, with all due respect to him, has chosen to be a lapdog of Asiwaju, all well and good to him.

“But if people are recounting history, it must be put in proper perspective, otherwise what is being recounted can only amount to mischief. As at that time, Asiwaju and Atiku found themselves in the same political party. So if there was funding to be made, it had to be made by stakeholders and members of that party; Tinubu was a member and founder of AC.

“The Presidential campaign was not about Atiku Abubakar. It was about advancing the interest of the AC as a party. That’s it. Let us try and put this thing in proper perspective so that it doesn’t appear as if Atiku was asking him money for something else. He has to fund the party and there is no big deal in that. People fund parties.”

Speaking on the book, Femi Sunmade, a lawyer and public affairs analyst said ” Even if Buhari wants to support Tinubu before, will he be pleased to do so based on the content in that book, especially Akande revealing that Tinubu said he doesn’t trust the President again?”

Even though some claimed Akande’s book was deliberately launched to shore up Tinubu’s image ahead of the 2023 presidential election, it remains to be seen if the book will achieve that purpose in the coming days given the reactions it has received from the gladiators mentioned therein.
https://independent.ng/bisi-akandes-my-participations-plus-or-minus-for-tinubus-presidential-bid/

4 Likes

Re: Bisi Akande’s My Participations: Harmful Or Good For Tinubu’s Presidential Bid? by StreetFight: 5:27am On Dec 17, 2021
Tinubu is beyond them all

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bisi Akande’s My Participations: Harmful Or Good For Tinubu’s Presidential Bid? by hisexcellency34: 5:32am On Dec 17, 2021
good question
Speaking on the book, Femi Sunmade, a lawyer and public affairs analyst said ” Even if Buhari wants to support Tinubu before, will he be pleased to do so based on the content in that book, especially Akande revealing that Tinubu said he doesn’t trust the President again?”

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bisi Akande’s My Participations: Harmful Or Good For Tinubu’s Presidential Bid? by blamingthedevil: 6:10am On Dec 17, 2021
Why are you guys always reminding us that that Bolaji Ahmed Adekunle Tinubu is the next President of Nigeria?

Tinubu this
Tinubu that
Tinubu in the morning
Tinubu in the afternoon
Tinubu in the evening
Tinubu on Twitter
Tinubu on nairaland
Tinubu in the East
Tinubu in the West
Tinubu in Arewa
Afenifere- Tinubu
Ohaneze- Tinubu
Arewa- Tinubu
Wailers- Tinubu
Hailers - Tinubu.....
My Father- Tinubu
My Mother- Tinubu
My Husband- Tinubu
My Wife- Tinubu
PDP- Tinubu
APC- Tinubu

Now ....IPOB/Ohaneze- Tinubu

Tinubu must be omnipresent.

Is Tinubu Lord and Saviour?

Well,
The Difference between LAGOS DEMOCRACY and other 35 States since 1999 till Date is tinubu.

The Difference between SW DEMOCRACY and other Five Regions since 1999 till date is tinubu.

The Difference between LAGOS ECONOMY and other African Cities since 1999 till date is tinubu.

The Difference between Progressive Politics and Wailing Hateful Politics since 1999 till date is tinubu.......

This is the Spoken and Unspoken Truth.

Let me join them to say God Bless Incoming President Bola Ahmed Adekunle Tinubu

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bisi Akande’s My Participations: Harmful Or Good For Tinubu’s Presidential Bid? by Tetrahedron: 6:14am On Dec 17, 2021
A gov that couldn’t pay salaries for 4 straight years wrote a book and you people are reading it?

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bisi Akande’s My Participations: Harmful Or Good For Tinubu’s Presidential Bid? by Faiththatworks(m): 6:14am On Dec 17, 2021
I have read all these media analysis about Baba Akande book and I'm must say that Baba Akande has exposed the real character of a Typical Nigerian politician.
Gen Buhari hasn't found it proper to issue a disclaimer about anything Baba Akande said in the book.
Baba Akande said Gen Buhari was practically live in Jagaban House anytime he came to Lagos,that hasn't been refuted.
He said Alh Atiku Abubakar was practically broke leading up to the 2007 election and his mouth piece confirmed that in his watery press statement.
Comrade Adams Oshiomole was mentioned as being one who stood up for Asiwaju when the issue of who should become the vice president was being discussed,and the comrade is yet to dispute the story.
For those who are yapping their mouth about the well documented events that lead up to the formation of arguably Nigeria's most successful opposition party,I dare you to ask any of those mentioned in the book to publish their own version of events that took place during that period.
Baba Akande Sir,the whole country will never forget your services to progressive politics,you have shown what it means to transition from opposition politics to mainstream politics,from factional chairman of an ethnic based Alliance for Democracy,to becoming the chairman of a hurriedly assembled Action Congress to battle the tryranical Obasanjo,from the Action Congress you were able to form a merger with the smaller and more formidable CPC,the already established ANPP and a faction of APGA.
Finally berthing the APC to push out the PDP, 10 yrs of formidable leadership of the opposition party in Nigeria is not a mean feat,if in doubt ask the PDP who after 16 yrs in leading the country,can't gather their acts together in just 6 yrs of being outside the leadership of this country.
God bless Nigeria.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bisi Akande’s My Participations: Harmful Or Good For Tinubu’s Presidential Bid? by ivolt: 6:15am On Dec 17, 2021
Those saying the book is an advert for Tinubu have definitely not read it
or they have comprehension problem.
While the book is a good read, it didn't really market Tinubu well as many
of those who could help Tinubu's ambition such as Buhari were castigated.

For example, Akande described Buhari's military regime corruption fights as one-sided
against southern and christian political leaders while pampering northern suspects.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bisi Akande’s My Participations: Harmful Or Good For Tinubu’s Presidential Bid? by donprinyo(m): 6:16am On Dec 17, 2021
who cares?

2 Likes

Re: Bisi Akande’s My Participations: Harmful Or Good For Tinubu’s Presidential Bid? by LegendHero(m): 6:17am On Dec 17, 2021
Seems the Nigeria media are confused.

Today they will say Baba Akande book is to support Tinubu 2023, tomorrow they will say it sought out to oppose it.

For any news, just link Tinubu to it and publish it. I don’t envy the man at all with all this media palaver.

8 Likes

Re: Bisi Akande’s My Participations: Harmful Or Good For Tinubu’s Presidential Bid? by Equal2DeTask(m): 6:17am On Dec 17, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: Bisi Akande’s My Participations: Harmful Or Good For Tinubu’s Presidential Bid? by Halopy: 6:21am On Dec 17, 2021
From history, we yorubas have always not been united so am not surprised the old man wrote nonsense and called it a book to scatter his own home. Agbaya ti ko mo Ile to.

10 Likes

Re: Bisi Akande’s My Participations: Harmful Or Good For Tinubu’s Presidential Bid? by Zendinho(m): 6:21am On Dec 17, 2021
Old recycled thieves....

Stealing our collective wealth with reckless abandon.....

Only showing compassion for the masses on the pages of newspapers but allocating all the juicy positions and resources for themselves and family members.

I ONLY BLAME LORD LUGARD FOR A FAILED CONTRACEPTION CALLED NIGERIA. lipsrsealed

11 Likes

Re: Bisi Akande’s My Participations: Harmful Or Good For Tinubu’s Presidential Bid? by Tradernaija1: 6:22am On Dec 17, 2021
Jk
Re: Bisi Akande’s My Participations: Harmful Or Good For Tinubu’s Presidential Bid? by babyfaceafrica: 6:23am On Dec 17, 2021
Doesn't matter. Books, videos, news publication don't decide elections. Food, money, lies and thuggery does. So Elder Akande book doesn't matter. Election is local. Who go win go win

2 Likes

Re: Bisi Akande’s My Participations: Harmful Or Good For Tinubu’s Presidential Bid? by awa(m): 6:25am On Dec 17, 2021
Shame on all of them

3 Likes

Re: Bisi Akande’s My Participations: Harmful Or Good For Tinubu’s Presidential Bid? by FreeStuffsNG: 6:25am On Dec 17, 2021
Baba Akande just took the campaign to an intellectual level. This book is about his participation but he knew they will make it all about Asiwaju Tinubu. They all did! Even the media and its rancorous illegitimate child; the social media.

He must have been a very good chess player. And just confirms again that he is truly the de facto leader of the progressive bloc of the SW.

Who else noticed that so far it seems 2023 Presidential election is now Asiwaju Tinubu versus Asiwaju Tinubu.

Asiwaju Tinubu is on the lips of both his enemies and lovers, he is on the lips of APC and PDP at the same time! This is almost 1993 election playing out again and there's already a clear winner.
By the time election campaign starts, trust me, you will see one of the most sophisticated campaign we have ever witnessed after that of Pa Awo campaigns with skyline displays.

As for me , I stand on the mandate of Asiwaju Tinubu.

Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bisi Akande’s My Participations: Harmful Or Good For Tinubu’s Presidential Bid? by aminusodiq(m): 6:27am On Dec 17, 2021
Tetrahedron:
A gov that couldn’t pay salaries for 4 straight years wrote a book and you people are reading it?
i taya ooo... I think you are the only person who knew akandes history...

All coments ive seen so far only showed young lads who knew nothing about politics

7 Likes

Re: Bisi Akande’s My Participations: Harmful Or Good For Tinubu’s Presidential Bid? by aminusodiq(m): 6:28am On Dec 17, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
Baba Akande just took the campaign to an intellectual level. This book is about his participation but he knew they will make it all about Asiwaju Tinubu. They all did!Even the media!

He must have been a very good chess player. Who else noticed that so far it seems 2023 Presidential election is now Asiwaju Tinubu versus Asiwaju Tinubu. He is on the lips of both his enemies and lovers, he is on the lips of APC and PDP at the same time! This is almost 1993 election playing out again and there's already a clear winner.
lmao..

2 Likes

Re: Bisi Akande’s My Participations: Harmful Or Good For Tinubu’s Presidential Bid? by Maxymilliano(m): 6:29am On Dec 17, 2021
Akande just confirmed that old age does not equate wisdom

4 Likes

Re: Bisi Akande’s My Participations: Harmful Or Good For Tinubu’s Presidential Bid? by MondayOsunbor(m): 6:30am On Dec 17, 2021
blamingthedevil:
Why are you guys always reminding us that that Bolaji Ahmed Adekunle Tinubu is the next President of Nigeria?

Tinubu this
Tinubu that
Tinubu in the morning
Tinubu in the afternoon
Tinubu in the evening
Tinubu on Twitter
Tinubu on nairaland
Tinubu in the East
Tinubu in the West
Tinubu in Arewa
Afenifere- Tinubu
Ohaneze- Tinubu
Arewa- Tinubu
Wailers- Tinubu
Hailers - Tinubu.....
My Father- Tinubu
My Mother- Tinubu
My Husband- Tinubu
My Wife- Tinubu
PDP- Tinubu
APC- Tinubu

Well,
The Difference between LAGOS DEMOCRACY and other 35 States since 1999 till Date is tinubu.

The Difference between SW DEMOCRACY and other Five Regions since 1999 till date is tinubu.

The Difference between LAGOS ECONOMY and other African Cities since 1999 till date is tinubu.

The Difference between Progressive Politics and Wailing Hateful Politics since 1999 till date is tinubu.......

from BMC to TMC !

see person job history

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bisi Akande’s My Participations: Harmful Or Good For Tinubu’s Presidential Bid? by Drsnives(m): 6:32am On Dec 17, 2021
All these old men should go n rest na.. some of them senior my grandfather

2 Likes

Re: Bisi Akande’s My Participations: Harmful Or Good For Tinubu’s Presidential Bid? by aspabay(m): 6:41am On Dec 17, 2021
Bisi Akande wrote a book about his life, people have been talking more about Tinubu since the book was released.

Tinubu is indeed a great man.

Whether you hate or love him, you must talk about him.

Jagaban of Africa.

4 Likes

Re: Bisi Akande’s My Participations: Harmful Or Good For Tinubu’s Presidential Bid? by Skodiswayze(m): 6:41am On Dec 17, 2021
[s]
blamingthedevil:

Tinubu this
Tinubu that
Tinubu in the morning
Tinubu in the afternoon
Tinubu in the evening
Tinubu on Twitter
Tinubu on nairaland
Tinubu in the East
Tinubu in the West
Tinubu in Arewa
Afenifere- Tinubu
Ohaneze- Tinubu
Arewa- Tinubu
Wailers- Tinubu
Hailers - Tinubu.....
My Father- Tinubu
My Mother- Tinubu
My Husband- Tinubu
My Wife- Tinubu
PDP- Tinubu
APC- Tinubu

Well,

This is the Spoken and Unspoken Truth.[/s]

Day Dreamer

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bisi Akande’s My Participations: Harmful Or Good For Tinubu’s Presidential Bid? by ThatFairGuy1: 6:41am On Dec 17, 2021
Don't be too pitiful please, we're voting Tinubu, ALL OF US grin
boyidode:
Back in 2015, You voted a terrorist sympathetic incompetent dunce a.k.a Mannequin at 21 years old, by 2023 you will be 28 years old. Continue.

If you like vote old cargos like the frog eyed, drug baron with no vision, i.e Mannequin 2.0 you will regret it.

Your 30s will be wasted and at 40 you will have nothing to show for it.

Be warned.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bisi Akande’s My Participations: Harmful Or Good For Tinubu’s Presidential Bid? by Micmuzac: 6:44am On Dec 17, 2021
blamingthedevil:

Tinubu this
Tinubu that
Tinubu in the morning
Tinubu in the afternoon
Tinubu in the evening
Tinubu on Twitter
Tinubu on nairaland
Tinubu in the East
Tinubu in the West
Tinubu in Arewa
Afenifere- Tinubu
Ohaneze- Tinubu
Arewa- Tinubu
Wailers- Tinubu
Hailers - Tinubu.....
My Father- Tinubu
My Mother- Tinubu
My Husband- Tinubu
My Wife- Tinubu
PDP- Tinubu
APC- Tinubu

Well,

please emm... is this tinumbu champagne poster or what I don't want yahoo picture now later metamorphosis to shaky shaky gdaddy like Head of state award winning London hospital customer

4 Likes

Re: Bisi Akande’s My Participations: Harmful Or Good For Tinubu’s Presidential Bid? by NaijaRoyalty(m): 6:44am On Dec 17, 2021
That book shot Tinubu in the leg

It's not a good one for Tinubu presidential ambition

3 Likes

Re: Bisi Akande’s My Participations: Harmful Or Good For Tinubu’s Presidential Bid? by ThatFairGuy1: 6:45am On Dec 17, 2021
We've known Baba Akande to be someone who's blatant with truth.
But some Words are ought not to be said.

2 Likes

Re: Bisi Akande’s My Participations: Harmful Or Good For Tinubu’s Presidential Bid? by ThatFairGuy1: 6:46am On Dec 17, 2021
Even you'll fallow anytime soon.
1572two:
[s][/s]
Re: Bisi Akande’s My Participations: Harmful Or Good For Tinubu’s Presidential Bid? by ThatFairGuy1: 6:46am On Dec 17, 2021
I pray for you this morning
1572two:
[s][/s]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari Participates In AU Summit In Ethiopia (Photos) / Rigging Has Begun / Ibori To Appeal Conviction Following New Cover Up Evidence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.