Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,906 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

President Buhari Cuts His 79th Birthday Cake In Turkey (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Cuts His 79th Birthday Cake In Turkey (Photos) (43584 Views)

Buhari Cuts A Cake With Ojukwu During His 70th Birthday (Throwback Photo) / Buhari Cuts N/assembly Budget By N14.5bn / Buhari Cuts His 76th Birthday Cake In Aso Rock, Abba Kyari Sings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari Cuts His 79th Birthday Cake In Turkey (Photos) by TMSMedia: 12:52pm On Dec 17, 2021
President Buhari's spokesperson, Garba Shehu described how President Buhari marked his 79th birthday in Instabul, Turkey, IgbereTV reports.

Garba Shehu wrote on Facebook;

"HERE IS HOW PRESIDENT BUHARI MARKED HIS 79TH BIRTHDAY IN TURKEY

On his 79th birthday, today Friday in Istanbul, Turkey, President Muhammadu Buhari cut a birthday cake moulded in national colours, green-white-green to start the day, went straight to chair a planning meeting with officials in his delegation and thereafter drove to the Dolmabahce Palace for a meeting with his Turkish counterpart, Tayyip Recep Erdogan.

In response to the tribute on the occasion on behalf of the ministers and the rest of the delegation rendered by the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, President Buhari said he will put in his best for Nigeria until the last day when, in 2023 he hands over to a successor and returns to his farm to tender crops and livestock.

“I thought that being away from Abuja I will escape these things. The Guards Brigade had written to tell me what they wanted to do on this day. Now here you are doing this far away from home.

“I look forward to the year 2023 when I finish, to go home to take charge of my farm. Between now and that time, I will do the best that is possible to advance the interest of the nation and its people, and carry out my duties as prescribed by the Constitution,” he said.

As he stepped out of his suite moving to the meeting room, President Buhari met a surprise lineup of the Nigerian delegation with a cake decorated in Nigeria’s national colours.

The group broke into a chorus, as they began chanting “Happy Birthday, Mr. President.”

The Minister of Foreign Affairs who spoke on behalf of the delegation and the Ambassador of Nigeria to Turkey, Ismail Yusuf Abba, congratulated the President on the good work he is doing for the country, and wished him a happy birthday, many healthy years ahead and the energy to give his best to the nation.

Minister Onyeama noted in particular that the President continues to have a good run with his health, getting better and more active with time.

Garba Shehu
Senior Special Assistant to the President
(Media & Publicity)
December 17, 2021"
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=458365282311528&id=100044141814218

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Cuts His 79th Birthday Cake In Turkey (Photos) by sweerychick(f): 12:54pm On Dec 17, 2021
Happy birthday Mr President, I've decided to stop criticizing u because no one can actually fix this country perfect, the best thing we can all do is to join hands collectively and make Nigeria a better place "...

This was actually my birthday wish to ex president Goodluck Jonathan 2013 grin...

277 Likes 28 Shares

Re: President Buhari Cuts His 79th Birthday Cake In Turkey (Photos) by conductor20000: 12:54pm On Dec 17, 2021
This is the abomination Tinubu and his suffersticated brothers hoisted on us while removing the first ever Niger Delta president we were managing all because he accorded Ndigbo with equality and respect unlike the others before him.

See person Bandits killed a lawmaker in his Katsina state few days ago. Chai.

Thiefnubuu

156 Likes 10 Shares

Re: President Buhari Cuts His 79th Birthday Cake In Turkey (Photos) by Earlystar698(m): 12:54pm On Dec 17, 2021
Nothing to see here other than failed set of people celebrating a terrorist for his fake age cheesy

122 Likes 8 Shares

Re: President Buhari Cuts His 79th Birthday Cake In Turkey (Photos) by Nkitara: 12:57pm On Dec 17, 2021
How many times will Buhari be 79 years?
That manlooks 97 to me.

143 Likes 8 Shares

Re: President Buhari Cuts His 79th Birthday Cake In Turkey (Photos) by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 12:58pm On Dec 17, 2021
HERE IS HOW PRESIDENT BUHARI MARKED HIS 79TH BIRTHDAY IN TURKEY

On his 79th birthday, today Friday in Istanbul, Turkey, President Muhammadu Buhari cut a birthday cake moulded in national colours, green-white-green to start the day, went straight to chair a planning meeting with officials in his delegation and thereafter drove to the Dolmabahce Palace for a meeting with his Turkish counterpart, Tayyip Recep Erdogan.

In response to the tribute on the occasion on behalf of the ministers and the rest of the delegation rendered by the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, President Buhari said he will put in his best for Nigeria until the last day when, in 2023 he hands over to a successor and returns to his farm to tender crops and livestock.

“I thought that being away from Abuja I will escape these things. The Guards Brigade had written to tell me what they wanted to do on this day. Now here you are doing this far away from home.

“I look forward to the year 2023 when I finish, to go home to take charge of my farm. Between now and that time, I will do the best that is possible to advance the interest of the nation and its people, and carry out my duties as prescribed by the Constitution,” he said.

As he stepped out of his suite moving to the meeting room, President Buhari met a surprise lineup of the Nigerian delegation with a cake decorated in Nigeria’s national colours.

The group broke into a chorus, as they began chanting “Happy Birthday, Mr. President.”

The Minister of Foreign Affairs who spoke on behalf of the delegation and the Ambassador of Nigeria to Turkey, Ismail Yusuf Abba, congratulated the President on the good work he is doing for the country, and wished him a happy birthday, many healthy years ahead and the energy to give his best to the nation.

Minister Onyeama noted in particular that the President continues to have a good run with his health, getting better and more active with time.

Garba Shehu
Senior Special Assistant to the President
(Media & Publicity)
December 17, 2021

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Cuts His 79th Birthday Cake In Turkey (Photos) by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 12:59pm On Dec 17, 2021
[s]
Nkitara:
That manlooks 97 to me.
[/s]

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Buhari Cuts His 79th Birthday Cake In Turkey (Photos) by Mrkumareze(m): 12:59pm On Dec 17, 2021
Buhari na real cashout for APC, make una enjoy jare...

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Cuts His 79th Birthday Cake In Turkey (Photos) by NairalandSon: 1:01pm On Dec 17, 2021
Nonsense. After killing Nigerians.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Cuts His 79th Birthday Cake In Turkey (Photos) by majamajic(m): 1:01pm On Dec 17, 2021
No be only 79 , na 29
Someone that is around 100

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: President Buhari Cuts His 79th Birthday Cake In Turkey (Photos) by hisexcellency34: 1:05pm On Dec 17, 2021
They went to Turkey for the birthday, not meeting

66 Likes 6 Shares

Re: President Buhari Cuts His 79th Birthday Cake In Turkey (Photos) by mach7(m): 1:06pm On Dec 17, 2021
Happy birthday Mr. President.

May you receive more wisdom on this day to set right things that are wrong as you count down to vacating office. cool

9 Likes

Re: President Buhari Cuts His 79th Birthday Cake In Turkey (Photos) by Racoon(m): 1:23pm On Dec 17, 2021
The NEPA-bill clueless and failed president whose younger sister is older than him. See him cutting cake while this nation is under the control of bandit terrorists.

8 Likes

Re: President Buhari Cuts His 79th Birthday Cake In Turkey (Photos) by potbelly(m): 1:29pm On Dec 17, 2021
This is the real reason why he went to Turkey...

15 Likes

Re: President Buhari Cuts His 79th Birthday Cake In Turkey (Photos) by ClassicMan202(m): 1:30pm On Dec 17, 2021
Base on say 9ja dey on fire na

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari Cuts His 79th Birthday Cake In Turkey (Photos) by IGBOSON1: 1:32pm On Dec 17, 2021
Nkitara:
That manlooks 97 to me.

Even Pa Adebanjo.....heading to his mid-90s is looking younger, fresher and stronger than him! Go figure!

20 Likes

Re: President Buhari Cuts His 79th Birthday Cake In Turkey (Photos) by Ovamboland(m): 1:36pm On Dec 17, 2021
majamajic:
No be only 79 , na 29
Someone that is around 100

You don't know anything, he's not less than 290

7 Likes

Re: President Buhari Cuts His 79th Birthday Cake In Turkey (Photos) by Rugaria: 1:36pm On Dec 17, 2021
While bandits and terrorists are running heywire in every part of the country, this man from Niger republic is busy cutting some ugly cakes in far away Istanbul, at the ripe age of 80!
Talk about an inebriated grandpa with outlandishly misplaced priorities..

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Cuts His 79th Birthday Cake In Turkey (Photos) by seunmsg(m): 1:37pm On Dec 17, 2021
Happy Birthday Mr. President!

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Buhari Cuts His 79th Birthday Cake In Turkey (Photos) by daddytime(m): 1:48pm On Dec 17, 2021
Haram....

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari Cuts His 79th Birthday Cake In Turkey (Photos) by alanto: 1:52pm On Dec 17, 2021
Happy birthday Mr President. May your days be long. You have done well for your country.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Buhari Cuts His 79th Birthday Cake In Turkey (Photos) by Drogunov: 1:54pm On Dec 17, 2021
seunmsg:
Happy Birthday Mr. President!

Yeah, he had to run to turkey to celebrate his birthday, while begging for loan covertly. Awon oniyeye gbogbo. "Happy birth sha" to him, abi?

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari Cuts His 79th Birthday Cake In Turkey (Photos) by MufasaLion: 1:58pm On Dec 17, 2021
Live long, Buhari.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Cuts His 79th Birthday Cake In Turkey (Photos) by POLYGAMY: 1:59pm On Dec 17, 2021
Drogunov:

Yeah, he had to run to turkey to celebrate his birthday, while begging for loan covertly. Awon oniyeye gbogbo. "Happy birth sha" to him, abi?
MY BROTHER, SEUNMSG NA CONFIRM ATENU. MAN MUST CHOP sad

8 Likes

Re: President Buhari Cuts His 79th Birthday Cake In Turkey (Photos) by AderogbaOmokeye: 2:03pm On Dec 17, 2021

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari Cuts His 79th Birthday Cake In Turkey (Photos) by Wiseandtrue(f): 2:05pm On Dec 17, 2021
It would have been better if he had gone to hell to cut it!

10 Likes

Re: President Buhari Cuts His 79th Birthday Cake In Turkey (Photos) by MufasaLion: 2:06pm On Dec 17, 2021
AderogbaOmokeye:

I like Buhari grin
Please, don't judge me for that.

I don't judge people for their choices they make.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Cuts His 79th Birthday Cake In Turkey (Photos) by AderogbaOmokeye: 2:15pm On Dec 17, 2021
Re: President Buhari Cuts His 79th Birthday Cake In Turkey (Photos) by MufasaLion: 2:29pm On Dec 17, 2021
AderogbaOmokeye:

If you say so

Yup.
Re: President Buhari Cuts His 79th Birthday Cake In Turkey (Photos) by Drogunov: 2:31pm On Dec 17, 2021
POLYGAMY:
MY BROTHER, SEUNMSG NA CONFIRM ATENU. MAN MUST CHOP sad

As in! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Military Scheming To Overthrow Buhari - Militants / Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Votes In Lagos / VP Shettima Decorates Kayode Egbetokun, New IGP (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.