Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,051 members, 7,838,655 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

UAE Denies Nigerian Athletes Access To Partake In World Swimming Championships - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / UAE Denies Nigerian Athletes Access To Partake In World Swimming Championships (20866 Views)

US Convicts 5 Nigerian Athletes For Money Laundering / Olympics: Disqualified Nigerian Athletes Protest In Tokyo / 10 Nigerian Athletes Banned From Tokyo Olympics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UAE Denies Nigerian Athletes Access To Partake In World Swimming Championships by codemaniacs: 8:19pm On Dec 17, 2021
Sleekfingers:

Including to the ones in nigeria abi? I am simply talking about my country.

yes including Nigeria.
Re: UAE Denies Nigerian Athletes Access To Partake In World Swimming Championships by jclassiq(m): 8:20pm On Dec 17, 2021
This is when you need the ugly monstrous looking rotten nouthed Lie Mohamed to bring his expertise to bear but trust him to shut up and retire to his shell like a tortoise.
Re: UAE Denies Nigerian Athletes Access To Partake In World Swimming Championships by codemaniacs: 8:25pm On Dec 17, 2021
perambulator:

I dont believe them, i know my people. youve only heard 1 side of the story and Nigerians are always emotional with their stories. "They saw our passports and banned us" is a typical Nigerian reaction and why i tend not to take Nigerians seriously. Youve had close contact with someone who had covid, that's reason for exclusion. How can you say youve not had contact with your coach, how is he coaching you without contact? The British story is hearsay, we dont know the facts!!!!

national coach means representative or coach from the Nigerian Aquatics Federation not personal coach...

Its personal coach that trains them not the national coach...

If you ever went for maths competition from your school or a school that has more than 4 maths teachers its the head maths teacher that will accompany you to the competition not your normal maths teacher.
Re: UAE Denies Nigerian Athletes Access To Partake In World Swimming Championships by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 17, 2021
codemaniacs:

national coach means representative or coach from the Nigerian Aquatics Federation not personal coach...

Its personal coach that trains them not the national coach...

If you ever went for maths competition from your school or a school that has more than 4 maths teachers its the head maths teacher that will accompany you to the competition not your normal maths teacher.

My friend I dont care! Nigerians deserve whatever treatment they get abroad. Sort yourselves out and people will respect you abroad. i dont travel with a Nigerian passport so i dont give a Bleep!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UAE Denies Nigerian Athletes Access To Partake In World Swimming Championships by Agugbadin: 8:37pm On Dec 17, 2021
Good for Nigeria, let our government arrest the insecurity situation in the country.
Re: UAE Denies Nigerian Athletes Access To Partake In World Swimming Championships by Starzo: 8:43pm On Dec 17, 2021
perambulator:

My friend I dont care! Nigerians deserve whatever treatment they get abroad. Sort yourselves out and people will respect you abroad. i dont travel with a Nigerian passport so i dont give a Bleep!!!
your last statement was a huge disappointment
Re: UAE Denies Nigerian Athletes Access To Partake In World Swimming Championships by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 17, 2021
Starzo:

your last statement was a huge disappointment
I really dont. Nigerias are their own biggest problem both at home and abroad....you will find that the majority of Nigerians abroad are the same....rule breakers, you can take the man away from the bush...... All these people coming from different countries...why dont they live in Nigeria? No Nigerian lives abroad because he/she wants to. I like Arab countries because unlike the west they make no pretensions to human rights. The nonsense Nigerians get away in the west is because the west are afraid of running foul of a system that they didnt design for Nigerians....when the west designed human rights they didnt know Nigerians would eventually be living amongst them........Arabs dont give a shit, we dont like you we deport you...go and hug a transformer!!!!

1 Like

Re: UAE Denies Nigerian Athletes Access To Partake In World Swimming Championships by pieces: 8:54pm On Dec 17, 2021
fergie001:

PUNCH

Shey this Hausa based government just returned from that country? Why are they treating us like this after all the things this Hausa - base government is doing to impress Arab world.

1 Like

Re: UAE Denies Nigerian Athletes Access To Partake In World Swimming Championships by Mccullum: 9:10pm On Dec 17, 2021
[quote author=WhizdomXX post=108588452]Just see the shame our Great Naija athletes are made to face all because of Bad Leadership. Never Again in Jesus Name, (Insha Allah). Amen.[/quote

Must you politicizing every things.
Re: UAE Denies Nigerian Athletes Access To Partake In World Swimming Championships by techWriter5: 9:13pm On Dec 17, 2021
With the thing politicians give Dubai as his Office
Re: UAE Denies Nigerian Athletes Access To Partake In World Swimming Championships by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 17, 2021
HayTerran:
It will be nice to see where this tussle ends between UAE and us.
Our strategic response would put us ahead, I would have said but our leaders in Africa, bar some like South Africa and Egypt, have pitted us in positions to always be at mercies of these people, hence, the basis of their constant bullying.

Strategic and diplomatic steps are required if we're to stand a chance against these kinds of bodies, but do we even have people who have such mentality as necessary at the helms? These ones who see UAE as a haven of vacation instead of other profitable things, like their ride to greatness in such short time, that could have been learnt from them.

African people, you and me, understand that prejudice and bullying against us won't end until the moment we prove ourselves deserving of humane treatment. Shun greediness and do only the right thing. Only these things that encompass everything else, things will fall in place.

You made sense but it’s fictional.

Africa will always be a slave. We keep cycling old cargoes and you wonder why? No one will lead any nation in Africa without being ordained by the West. And when you ordained, you play by the rules

Africa’s elites are the solution, and they presently busy buying car and houses to show off on Instagram

Same political lineage has ruled Africa for over 60 years, and it would remain that way. The real giants don’t even know they are giants.

1 Like

Re: UAE Denies Nigerian Athletes Access To Partake In World Swimming Championships by tonididdy(m): 10:05pm On Dec 17, 2021
obyrich:
Retaliation loading....
E pass to ban flights?
undecided
Nigeria has no international recognition, periodt#
Re: UAE Denies Nigerian Athletes Access To Partake In World Swimming Championships by brandsoncharlie: 10:17pm On Dec 17, 2021
perambulator:
Knowing our people, they probably did not follow due process somewhere along the line.
So some of the athletes that traveled all the way from Russia didn't follow due process, where exactly. Have you traveled before.
Your type, when you will see what people are talking about your case will be worse.
If you haven't left the shores of Nigeria yet I will advise you to watch boarder security of Australia, Ireland etc and see the way those immigration treat blacks especially Nigerians at the airport.
Re: UAE Denies Nigerian Athletes Access To Partake In World Swimming Championships by brandsoncharlie: 10:27pm On Dec 17, 2021
Sleekfingers:

They are stylishly saying that, they don't want nigerians in their country. Abi na by force to go to UAE?
As matter of fact, nigerians deserves worst treatments. A country so rich with natural resources , but scattered all over the world , because we have failed to do the necessary for our country. How do you expect any country to respect us. Lives here in nigeria is totally worthless....and we expect other countries to see us as humans......other countries should follow suit , stop allowing nigerians in the countries......

Wahala for who still dey use nigerian passport.
This is an international event chaired by an international governing body and participated by various countries. Don't be ignorant.
Their participation don't warrant any ill treatment whatsoever.
Re: UAE Denies Nigerian Athletes Access To Partake In World Swimming Championships by HayTerran: 10:29pm On Dec 17, 2021
SARSCoV2:

You made sense but it’s fictional.

Africa will always be a slave. We keep cycling old carl those and you wonder why? No one will lead any nation in Africa without being ordained by the West. And when you ordained, you play by the rules

Africa’s elites are the solution, and they presently busy buying car and houses to show off on Instagram

Same political lineage has ruled Africa for over 60 years, and it would remain that way. The real giants don’t even know they are giants.

The people, commoners, or citizens are not, in anyway, innocent in this plight Africa is wallowing. They're the tools the African's elites use to achieve their vilesome aim. Good people make good society. African elites are not imported, they develop simply from among the people.

Greediness and various roots of corruption have been allowed too much to grow in virtually the hearts of all African, from young especially.
Re: UAE Denies Nigerian Athletes Access To Partake In World Swimming Championships by pricklewane: 10:47pm On Dec 17, 2021
What as war head to do with this. Abeg I no get time to de debate lunatics on NL Tonite.

WhizdomXX:

You my friend are the only fool here.Why, you ask
If Nigeria had an enviable Leadership no country like UAE which doesn't even have Warheads will dare such to it's Citizens, talk more it's sportsmen and women. You guys should learn how to speak truth to power. Unless the Country will keep slipping till it cannot be recognized.
Re: UAE Denies Nigerian Athletes Access To Partake In World Swimming Championships by eduora: 11:03pm On Dec 17, 2021
Shame to zoo country called nigerian...all continents are rejecting Nigerian...biafara is not surprised with the good news....every soon,1$ will increase to #1000.one day, Nigerian will becomes a slave trade to all continents...biafara are rejoicing with the good news
Re: UAE Denies Nigerian Athletes Access To Partake In World Swimming Championships by sweetjohn(m): 11:16pm On Dec 17, 2021
And this is the country that is to host next year world cup. This is a clear signal that they won't even allow Nigeria footballers and Nigerians to participate in the world cup
Re: UAE Denies Nigerian Athletes Access To Partake In World Swimming Championships by Dmacqh(m): 11:21pm On Dec 17, 2021
Akinzo2121:
it's well your helper will surely locate you IJN.
Amen
Re: UAE Denies Nigerian Athletes Access To Partake In World Swimming Championships by foxman04: 11:28pm On Dec 17, 2021
Akinzo2121:
, she's very fine sir,she took the blood this morning and she is responding to treatment tanx to everyone God bless you.
would be nice if you take down those pics .. once a blogger lay hold on it
the internet never forgets
Re: UAE Denies Nigerian Athletes Access To Partake In World Swimming Championships by Cousin9999: 11:46pm On Dec 17, 2021
dollynnn:
What is even wrong with UAE sef?

West Asians don't possess the méntal capability to function like people from truly civilized societies. Consider their violent, degenerate society in which sl*very and m*rder are normalized and accepted practices. Sl*very and extreme violence against women and workers are legal and supported by communities, government, law, and law enforcement.
Re: UAE Denies Nigerian Athletes Access To Partake In World Swimming Championships by CSTRR: 11:48pm On Dec 17, 2021
Shut down all diplomatic engagement with the UAE and be done with it.

They are clearly a hostile state.

Are these people feeding us?
Re: UAE Denies Nigerian Athletes Access To Partake In World Swimming Championships by WhizdomXX(m): 12:37am On Dec 18, 2021
pricklewane:
What as war head to do with this. Abeg I no get time to de debate lunatics on NL Tonite.

I thought you were reasonable till I saw some of it previous replies. Please never quote me again on Nairaland. Goodnight.
Re: UAE Denies Nigerian Athletes Access To Partake In World Swimming Championships by WhizdomXX(m): 12:38am On Dec 18, 2021
[quote author=Mccullum post=108592040][/quote]
My friend, what is a diplomatic row if not politics.
Re: UAE Denies Nigerian Athletes Access To Partake In World Swimming Championships by miky(m): 2:36am On Dec 18, 2021
When I tell you these Islamists are the most racist!

fergie001:

PUNCH

1 Like

Re: UAE Denies Nigerian Athletes Access To Partake In World Swimming Championships by larryking540: 2:44am On Dec 18, 2021
Baawaa:
Those Arab people are wicked
go to Arab museum you will never see their history that dated far back involving their slave trade also ,only history of 1980 till date u will see ,,,, African need to wake up and stop this blame of racism and do the needful for their country
Re: UAE Denies Nigerian Athletes Access To Partake In World Swimming Championships by Reflect7: 4:33am On Dec 18, 2021
Ganzoh:

No be their fault your country is too corrupt and they know.

UAE is one million times more corrupt than Nigeria.

They are ruled by super rich sheikhs with direct access to the treasury, which is treated as a family account.

The only thing saving UAE is their tiny population of 10 million.

The leaders can afford to loot the oil money and still provide a comfortable living for the people.

1 Like

Re: UAE Denies Nigerian Athletes Access To Partake In World Swimming Championships by Sleekfingers: 4:57am On Dec 18, 2021
brandsoncharlie:

This is an international event chaired by an international governing body and participated by various countries. Don't be ignorant.
Their participation don't warrant any ill treatment whatsoever.

Don't be a fool. The united arab emirates were simply saying that, they don't want to see your ugly faces in their country. Of course, it is an international chaired event. But why are they treating our people like thrash? Isn't obvious, that ,they don't want y'all in their country or go no bleeding respect for y'all?
Re: UAE Denies Nigerian Athletes Access To Partake In World Swimming Championships by kayusely70(m): 5:34am On Dec 18, 2021
pinkyruledworld:
No be their fault naw. Desert now forming boss, if not for our useless government.
When most of Nigerians flock to the place, including our leaders who are in the habit of stashing away our looted funds there and spend lavishly. What a shame!

1 Like

Re: UAE Denies Nigerian Athletes Access To Partake In World Swimming Championships by brandsoncharlie: 6:25am On Dec 18, 2021
Sleekfingers:

Don't be a fool. The united arab emirates were simply saying that, they don't want to see your ugly faces in their country. Of course, it is an international chaired event. But why are they treating our people like thrash? Isn't obvious, that ,they don't want y'all in their country or go no bleeding respect for y'all?
Continue to dey mumu as you no get sense..
Re: UAE Denies Nigerian Athletes Access To Partake In World Swimming Championships by codemaniacs: 10:59am On Dec 18, 2021
Reflect7:

UAE is one million times more corrupt than Nigeria.

They are ruled by super rich sheikhs with direct access to the treasury, which is treated as a family account.

The only thing saving UAE is their tiny population of 10 million.

The leaders can afford to loot the oil money and still provide a comfortable living for the people.

their indigenous population is 1.4 million while foreigners or migrants are the remaining 8 million and above...

so their population is 1.4 million not 10 million..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Corsica International Friendly May 26 2017 / Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles / Morocco National Team Was Given A Resounding Heroes Welcome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.