Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,976 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:54 PM

I Will Continue Delivering For Nigerians - Buhari Replies Obasanjo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Continue Delivering For Nigerians - Buhari Replies Obasanjo (15080 Views)

Wike Hosts Buhari, Replies Amaechi War Chants (Photos) / ‘i’ll Teach You A Lesson You Will Never Forget’ — Buhari Replies Obasanjo / Buhari Replies PDP On Plans To Impeach Saraki While In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Continue Delivering For Nigerians - Buhari Replies Obasanjo by OnyeOgboni: 7:33am On Dec 18, 2021
Delivering death,hunger and destruction. Ezigbo nkita ara

2 Likes

Re: I Will Continue Delivering For Nigerians - Buhari Replies Obasanjo by ReeLoaDead(m): 7:33am On Dec 18, 2021
I’m surprised the vulture meat seller is not here dancing for Buhari the clueless …
Re: I Will Continue Delivering For Nigerians - Buhari Replies Obasanjo by Ecos(m): 7:37am On Dec 18, 2021
Nonsense delivery. Ewu
Re: I Will Continue Delivering For Nigerians - Buhari Replies Obasanjo by justmondris: 7:39am On Dec 18, 2021
The problem with Nigerians is that we don’t always understand Buhari’s comments or question him for more explanation. In 2015, he promised change and we didn’t ask him if it’s positive or negative change. He has fulfilled the promise and we know how it’s going.

He has promised to deliver until his regime ends but we did not ask him what is it that he wants to deliver. I think he wants to deploy more bandits and increase the level of insecurity in the country to the roof top.
Re: I Will Continue Delivering For Nigerians - Buhari Replies Obasanjo by Safyqueen: 7:51am On Dec 18, 2021
9jah:
Why always Buhari?’ As it was in 1984 under General Buhari, so it is in 2016 and 2020 under President Buhari? Is it by the unfortunate hands of kismet, that recession hits Nigeria every time Buhari takes charge of the country’s affairs? If the recession of the 80s under Buhari was a conspiracy by economic and political factors, to what do we attribute that of his first coming as a civilian president — and now in his second coming? Why does pestilence scourge the land, hunger ravage the population and lives lost malevolently when Buhari presides over the country? Why always Buhari?
Buhari’s undoing is his wonted predilection for hierarchising ethnicity, religion and loyalty above competence. Since 1999, no president has obtrusively shown a more nepotistic aspect than Buhari. It is unarguable that the president arrays the most competence-challenged cabinet ever in the chronicle of governance in Nigeria. Yes, a recession cabinet.

Here is a cabinet constituting of figures stuck in a time when the world only saw pictures in black and white — characters from Pinocchio who see social media as a threat and troglodytes who think farming with hoe and cutlass is progress.

Buhari’s agriculture minister, Sabo Nanono, once said there is no hunger in Nigeria and that food is cheap in the country. Wait! Before you tag this as fake news read his exact words and be flummoxed.
“I think we are producing enough to feed ourselves. I think there is no hunger in Nigeria; there could be inconveniences. When people talk about hunger in this government, I just laugh. In this country, it is fairly cheap to buy food,’’ the minister said at a press briefing to mark the 2019 World Food Day in Abuja on October 15, 2019.

This is one among the foundering protagonists of the Buhari administration. When native complexion and loyalty are prioritised above competence and performance, leadership suffers. I strongly believe even if Nigeria’s constitution allows a third term and Buhari returns in 2023, recession will hit the country again. It appears anything he touches atrophies.

Buhari is the type of boss every bungling brownnoser would like to work with. He rewards failure in the currency of loyalty. As long as you keep him sated with praises, you can keep your job. Why have the service chiefs who have failed in their duty of keeping the country safe not been sacked? Why are they still in office long after their retirement is due?
The recession of 2016 was largely due to the incompetence of the Buhari government. Here is how Nairametrics, Nigeria’s Bloomberg, puts it: “In a nutshell, what caused the last recession (of 2016) was not entirely the fall in oil prices. Rather, the lack of sound economic policies to diversify away from the volatility of crude oil prices, whilst boosting the nation’s non-oil exports, was also a major cause.”

I concede, the recent recession (2020) is a corollary of the global economic meltdown compelled by the COVID-19 pandemic. There is a steep drop in oil prices and Diaspora remittances, and the stock market is prostrate. But there were warnings of this impending doom before its fruition. What could Buhari’s recession team have done different?

The World Bank in its June 25, 2020 report had projected that Nigeria would slip into a severe economic recession, the worst since the 1980s. Shubham Chaudhuri, World Bank country director for Nigeria, recommended: “While the long-term economic impact of the global pandemic is uncertain, the effectiveness of the government’s response is important to determine the speed, quality, and sustainability of Nigeria’s economic recovery. Besides immediate efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19 and stimulate the economy, it will be even more urgent to address bottlenecks that hinder the productivity of the economy and job creation.’’

Even if the 2020 recession was inevitable, the Buhari administration hastened its climax and ossified the severity by its harebrained economic policies. Before the COVID-19 pandemic, the Buhari government whimsically closed the land borders, taking food out of the table of many Nigerians.

The World Bank in the same report entitled, ‘Nigeria in Times of COVID-19: Laying Foundations for Strong Economic Recovery’, impliedly said the land border closure of 2019 made the 2020 doomsday inexorable. Talk about heating the furnace.

It said: “Analysis of the impact of the 2019 border closure found that it contributed to higher inflation—especially true for food, despite the relatively little impact on agricultural output. Because of the rises in food prices, Nigerian consumers now need to pay 2 percent more for the same basket of goods, with negative effects on their consumption.”

Why always Buhari?

I think, with the latest recession, Buhari is the only Nigerian president that has presided over the country under multiple recessions.

What a legacy!

All this are thrash. Although Buhari is a failure but not in this respect. If you are waiting for western countries to score you high in all aspect of governance in Nigeria, I am sorry you will be waiting for sun at night.

Buhari listening to those neo-colonialist are even the source of our problem.

World bank, IMF, even WHO and NGOs are all fake and tools for neo-colonialism.

They are all pro-western countries for their special interests.

The main reason Buhari is made to fail is because the majority of northern elites are not supporting his government, Buhari called them thieves which they actually are hence this sabotage on all facet be it security or economy we are seeing today.

Government policy is not formulated by Mr president alone. Tell me one policy that Buhari introduced that has no good intentions and not good to our economy that people could not see and kick against right from 2015.

There is no way this old former presidents will allow Buhari to outshine them.

Buhari failed because we voted him to apply gamalin on these "economic pests", these useless mafians who thinks Nigeria is theirs before others but decided to be fighting them instead of crushing them, so the grass must suffer from the two elephants fight.
Re: I Will Continue Delivering For Nigerians - Buhari Replies Obasanjo by omoharry(f): 7:52am On Dec 18, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
GMB is far better than OBJ.
Really? How?
Re: I Will Continue Delivering For Nigerians - Buhari Replies Obasanjo by Babathanks(m): 7:54am On Dec 18, 2021
Truvelisback:
Didn't he know the kind of person he was before endorsing him?
Is not a prophet. Nobody knows Buhari government would be disastrous like this, everybody thought he would bring good changes cos of there propaganda even me I campaign for him but we all regret it now
Re: I Will Continue Delivering For Nigerians - Buhari Replies Obasanjo by Tomilola360: 7:57am On Dec 18, 2021
Dem need to beat this Buhari

Obasanjo should shattap too. undecided
Re: I Will Continue Delivering For Nigerians - Buhari Replies Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:02am On Dec 18, 2021
Delivered alamity
Re: I Will Continue Delivering For Nigerians - Buhari Replies Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:03am On Dec 18, 2021
Delivered Calamity
Re: I Will Continue Delivering For Nigerians - Buhari Replies Obasanjo by Indispensable85(m): 8:36am On Dec 18, 2021
Abeg getati
Re: I Will Continue Delivering For Nigerians - Buhari Replies Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:41am On Dec 18, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:

Yes, but in terms of lying, breaking promises, incompetence, brazen looting and sheer wickedness
Re: I Will Continue Delivering For Nigerians - Buhari Replies Obasanjo by Christy1759: 8:43am On Dec 18, 2021
Mr president bubu,resign abeg we dey beg u,na by force to rule person.
Re: I Will Continue Delivering For Nigerians - Buhari Replies Obasanjo by freeborn02: 8:50am On Dec 18, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:

You are right.

He is better than OBJ in nepotism, backwardness, tribalism, insensitivity and insecurity
Re: I Will Continue Delivering For Nigerians - Buhari Replies Obasanjo by freeborn02: 8:51am On Dec 18, 2021
LordviccoDaGuru:
[s][/s]

Buhari is president of bandits and murderers
Re: I Will Continue Delivering For Nigerians - Buhari Replies Obasanjo by sterlingD(m): 8:59am On Dec 18, 2021
WibusJaga:

Abeg, I take God beg you. No deliver again.
I join hand with you beg Oga Mr President we no need your deliverance again

1 Like

Re: I Will Continue Delivering For Nigerians - Buhari Replies Obasanjo by NamelessOGBENI(m): 9:03am On Dec 18, 2021
Penguin2:
The big question is “You will continue delivering what?”

Experiences we’ve had with you since 2015 that are not very tasteful has taught us to demand you simplify your language to its most unambiguous minimum so that we know what you mean and what to truly expect.

In 2015 you promised change. But because we failed to ascertain the kind of change you meant, we didn’t know you meant retrogressive change.

In 2019 you promised Next Level, our naivety still didn’t let us ask you what the phrase truly stood for. Little did we know it was Next Level of frustration, hardship, mass killings, govt nonchalance and cronyism.

So, Mr Buhari, what would you continue delivering to Nigerians?

Zombies can help us if the fools know what their darling daddy means...
Re: I Will Continue Delivering For Nigerians - Buhari Replies Obasanjo by fatosky1(m): 9:09am On Dec 18, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:

https://thenationonlineng.net/ill-continue-delivering-for-nigerians-buhari-replies-obasanjo/
Please Baba handlers & close associates should advice him to stop at this point. After 6 years the change has never being positive & progressive in the lives of the common man, he should not bother again.

We are not fighting him, he should just collect his remaining months salary in advance & leave before May 29,2023. If possible this 31December, 2021 is okay. We need to get our lives back.
Re: I Will Continue Delivering For Nigerians - Buhari Replies Obasanjo by Olexy46: 9:20am On Dec 18, 2021
Earn 50K REFERRING Potential Buyers for our Shopping Trolleys Automatic Disinfecting/Sanitizing Machine for Shopping Centers.

Re: I Will Continue Delivering For Nigerians - Buhari Replies Obasanjo by Oyinlomobambam(m): 9:21am On Dec 18, 2021
WibusJaga:

He'll remove subsidy first grin

1 Like

Re: I Will Continue Delivering For Nigerians - Buhari Replies Obasanjo by MT: 9:26am On Dec 18, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:

https://thenationonlineng.net/ill-continue-delivering-for-nigerians-buhari-replies-obasanjo/

If there is something I have learnt and personally imbibed from Buhari, it is the way he ignores his detractors, without wasting time to give rebuttals to what they say. He has perfectly mastered the art. Ayodele Fashole was also ignored, like Obasanjo, despite all his attempts to bring Buhari into a dirty fight.
Re: I Will Continue Delivering For Nigerians - Buhari Replies Obasanjo by lereinter(m): 9:32am On Dec 18, 2021
Deliver to your family only.

All what buhari has delivered to nigeria in the past 6 yrs will be what will happen to him and his generation.

Amen

1 Like

Re: I Will Continue Delivering For Nigerians - Buhari Replies Obasanjo by newisd75: 9:37am On Dec 18, 2021
CaptainAyub:
Delivering for Niger republic
buhari has done more 4 d people of niger republic than any other president, 4 e.g a railway system between niger republic & nigeria, our oil is refined in niger republic, electricity supply at low cost & empowering d people of niger republic
Re: I Will Continue Delivering For Nigerians - Buhari Replies Obasanjo by sevenhundred(m): 9:48am On Dec 18, 2021
Truvelisback:
Didn't he know the kind of person he was before endorsing him?
did promised to put Nigerian in this hardship and poverty when campaign?
Re: I Will Continue Delivering For Nigerians - Buhari Replies Obasanjo by diplomat058(m): 9:48am On Dec 18, 2021
WibusJaga:

Your comment has got me laughing since. I even updated the screenshot on my WhatsApp status. You too funny

1 Like

Re: I Will Continue Delivering For Nigerians - Buhari Replies Obasanjo by TenQ: 9:50am On Dec 18, 2021
Re: I Will Continue Delivering For Nigerians - Buhari Replies Obasanjo by lottomkyes200: 9:50am On Dec 18, 2021
Abeg we beg you we kneel down dey beg no deliver again
Re: I Will Continue Delivering For Nigerians - Buhari Replies Obasanjo by kabillionaire(m): 9:52am On Dec 18, 2021
Don't deliver again, even your diehard kinsmen has rejected you.
Re: I Will Continue Delivering For Nigerians - Buhari Replies Obasanjo by Truvelisback(m): 9:56am On Dec 18, 2021
sevenhundred:
did promised to put Nigerian in this hardship and poverty when campaign?
Anyone can make false promises just to get into power.
Re: I Will Continue Delivering For Nigerians - Buhari Replies Obasanjo by omooajisnooni: 10:03am On Dec 18, 2021
You want to keep delivering hardship and hunger we know sir.
Re: I Will Continue Delivering For Nigerians - Buhari Replies Obasanjo by Coolbreeze1988(m): 10:08am On Dec 18, 2021
[quote author=DubaiLandLord2 post=108590076]GMB is far better than OBJ.[/quote
You're using the network he brought us
Re: I Will Continue Delivering For Nigerians - Buhari Replies Obasanjo by Truvelisback(m): 10:09am On Dec 18, 2021
Babathanks:

Is not a prophet. Nobody knows Buhari government would be disastrous like this, everybody thought he would bring good changes cos of there propaganda even me I campaign for him but we all regret it now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abia Killings: Perpetrators Not Igbo, Ohanaeze Sympathises With Northerners / Tinubu: Shettima Is The Best Running Mate I Could Find / Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.