Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,719 members, 7,820,505 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme - Education (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme (310246 Views)

Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme / Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme / 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (119) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by blacknoir: 7:58am On Aug 13, 2022
CONGRATS TO THOSE WHO GOT THE AWARD.

I didn't get it upon everything I did. I have given up. The most painful part is the waiting period. But it is well,what worked for someone might not work for you.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by tolaade1960: 8:00am On Aug 13, 2022
While congratulating those on the list .
But, please for those on the final list, please can u share how good your credentials,
Olevel
Degree
Journals
Professional bodies

or you have some connections to scale through.

for others to learn.

cheers.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by mercyp001(f): 8:07am On Aug 13, 2022
Ihee01:
I have taken my time and gone through/checked all the names and surnames and saw that they are linked to politicians.

How I wish my Father or my Mother is a Senator, Governor or House of Representatives member because this one is not for the average financial students or merit students, it is for the merited politicians that are already having.

Congratulations to all the awardees. One day based on my Godly efforts, I will definitely meet you guys in UK, GFM and even China.

Cheers and nevertheless to everyone who did not get. Keep striving you will be better.

2022 All for PTDF.

Thank you PTDF! Thank you Nigeria!
One day Uchechukwu will happen.
Bro, I don't know the software or yardstick you used to arrive at your conclusion (@ bolded) to check 403 names that was just released few hours ago and concluded that they are linked to Politicians just because of their names.
We have seen so many beneficiaries here that testified that PTDF scholarship is merit based. And someone here said stakeholders list is different from the merit list. So, we should not discredit the process because we didn't make the list this year, we keep trying and one day, we will get the scholarship, God's willing.

Once again, congratulations to the new Scholars.

9 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by tolaade1960: 8:48am On Aug 13, 2022
Definitely, merit would be mixed with connected. It would be very minute.
The far you got it does not validate that the list is 100% merit.

mercyp001:

Bro, I don't know the software or yardstick you used to arrive at your conclusion (@ bolded) to check 403 names that was just released few hours ago and concluded that they are linked to Politicians just because of their names.
We have seen so many beneficiaries here that testified that PTDF scholarship is merit based. And someone here said stakeholders list is different from the merit list. So, we should not discredit the process because we didn't make the list this year, we keep trying and one day, we will get the scholarship, God's willing.

Once again, congratulations to the new Scholars.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Khodry(m): 8:53am On Aug 13, 2022
Can we have contact of resource persons in ptdf from anybody here for findings for those questioning process of selection, it will help. Ptdf also should be transparent enough to allow for this.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by mercyp001(f): 8:53am On Aug 13, 2022
tolaade1960:
Definitely, merit would be mixed with connected. It would be very minute.
The far you got it does not validate that the list is 100% merit.

I didn't get the scholarship Sir.
But i will keep trying, one day, God's willing, I will get it.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Mustapha1029: 9:02am On Aug 13, 2022
Somebody should help us with ISS update .... When will the list be released

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by EbubeDelight(f): 9:11am On Aug 13, 2022
Germany

jlomz:

What's your country of choice?
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by wishgit: 9:15am On Aug 13, 2022
Mustapha1029:
Somebody should help us with ISS update .... When will the list be released
Please anyone that can help with this

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by HausaIgboYoruba: 9:17am On Aug 13, 2022
otoboson:

Since 2018, the official PTDF awards have been transparent. If you see anyone on that list, it is because they earned it going through the selection process. Maybe there's an unofficial list where influence is more important, but as a two time awardee MSc and now PhD (with at least 3 attempts for PhD) without any sort of connection, the official list is based on merit without connection (maybe the selection process could be better though). All the scholars I know (at least 50), got their scholarship without knowing anyone.

For everyone wanting to apply again, work on improving your chances (publish more papers if you don't have enough, register for professional bodies if you have not, and apply for GFM which generally has lower competition)
Transparent, my foot! The awardees from my state in UK PhD category are in number 27 and 29 in the published shortlisted candidates list for interview! Mind you, they were only 51 candidates in total from the state called for the interview.And I can tell you that the interview list was generated based on points each applicant garnered and numbered in descending order! This is Nigeria, the awardees are mixed of both merited and 7g connected guys! Nevertheless, I wish them all a successful academic sojourn.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by EbubeDelight(f): 9:24am On Aug 13, 2022
Nwanne I understand how you feel, but this is not true. I didn't know anyone. I didn't trust the process, that was why I did virtual interview (not ready to risk my life and pay transport), I didn't border about admission (I wasn't ready to waste €75).

Let me give you a rundown of my profile

1. My WAEC result was not superb (the interviewer even stated that)
2. I have a first class
3. I came from one of the most competitive states in the South-East.

But here I am today dancing because God has shown me mercy.

Please trust God he will do it for you at his own time

Wishing everyone here the very best in life

Ihee01:
I have taken my time and gone through/checked all the names and surnames and saw that they are linked to politicians.

How I wish my Father or my Mother is a Senator, Governor or House of Representatives member because this one is not for the average financial students or merit students, it is for the merited politicians that are already having.

Congratulations to all the awardees. One day based on my Godly efforts, I will definitely meet you guys in UK, GFM and even China.

Cheers and nevertheless to everyone who did not get. Keep striving you will be better.

2022 All for PTDF.

6 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by LoveThemChubby(m): 10:09am On Aug 13, 2022
Ihee01:

2022 All for PTDF.

Please desist from spreading falsehood. Such misinformation is capable of discouraging others from applying. I GOT SELECTED AND DON'T KNOW ANY POLITICIAN. You need to first understand how the thing works:
1. Your state may be very competitive just like admission to University. Someone from one state may have 210 in jamb and get admission to study medicine while another may get 280 from another state and not be able to secure admission.
2. You may have good results but be unable to convince the interviewers about the relevance of your research to the oil and gas secure.
3. Especially for PhD, your proposal is key to success as it carries more weight

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by biosystech: 10:23am On Aug 13, 2022
EbubeDelight:
Nwanne I understand how you feel, but this is not true. I didn't know anyone. I didn't trust the process, that was why I did virtual interview (not ready to risk my life and pay transport), I didn't border about admission (I wasn't ready to waste €75).

Let me give you a rundown of my profile

1. My WAEC result was not superb (the interviewer even stated that)
2. I have a first class
3. I came from one of the most competitive states in the South-East.

But here I am today dancing because God has shown me mercy.

Please trust God he will do it for you at his own time

Wishing everyone her the very best in life

Just saw your name. I'm from the same state as you and yes, it is very very competitive.

Congratulations.

4 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 13, 2022
Ihee01:

2022 All for PTDF.

No need for the sour grapes. There may be some who made the list due to favoritism but the majority of people made it out of merit as far as I can tell. You must understand that merit for them is also very subjective. All those calculations about O Level, class of degree, etc are absolutely not as useful as people purport them to be. If it all boiled down to that there is no way I won't be on this list. I've googled the successful candidates in my state, nothing impressive about their profile but I'm not mad about it because like I said, it's very subjective. Statement of purpose though seems to play a very big role and your program of choice is similarly important. For me, I think they may have some discrimination against people with self-sponsored foreign degrees already but it's just a theory.

This is why I kept telling people to temper their expectations. The chances are very slim and the more you convince yourself you deserve it the more devastated you'll end up being. The process looks very structured but their selection criterion is so arbitrary that it comes down to luck, grace, providence, whatever you want to call it.

Not making the list is not the end of the world. There are so many opportunities out there. But If you really believe this is the best option you have then stop feeling sorry for yourself. Fine-tune your profile and do whatever it takes to improve your chances then try again when the scholarship is advertised in December. Congratulate those who were successful and move on.

8 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by EbubeDelight(f): 10:28am On Aug 13, 2022
Thank you dear

biosystech:
Just saw your name. I'm from the same state as you and yes, it is very very competitive.

Congratulations.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Tingotoe: 10:53am On Aug 13, 2022
Congratulations and best wishes to all those who succeeded, and to those who did not, I have friends who didn't succeed until their 4th try so don't be discouraged.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by sambanjo2000: 11:02am On Aug 13, 2022
Congratulations to all who made the list!

Those who couldn't make the list, I believe that there are better days and opportunities ahead

Pls, let's share other scholarship opportunities out there so that everyone can benefit and get fixed someday. Thanks
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by KoolK: 11:21am On Aug 13, 2022
I perceive the list to be Merit based.
I didn't get it o..e pain..but I have people from my state who are my friends that got it..they virtually cried and to crown it all, they are very sound. One I belive possesses credentials that surpasses mine.
Congratulations to everyone that got awarded.

To the person that did virtual and still got it, I salute you...
All d best guys ...see you at next application

5 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by otoboson: 11:33am On Aug 13, 2022
HausaIgboYoruba:
Transparent, my foot! The awardees from my state in UK PhD category are in number 27 and 29 in the published shortlisted candidates list for interview! Mind you, they were only 51 candidates in total from the state called for the interview.And I can tell you that the interview list was generated based on points each applicant garnered and numbered in descending order! This is Nigeria, the awardees are mixed of both merited and 7g connected guys! Nevertheless, I wish them all a successful academic sojourn.

Like I said before, I have applied for PTDF scholarship 5 times and got awarded for MSc and PhD without connection, I personally know more than 50 past and current scholars who got the scholarship without knowing anyone.
My name was number 1 on the published interview list from my state but I almost missed my interview because of carelessness. Do you know if the top ranked candidates showed up for their interviews? Do you know if some of their publications and professional body membership were rejected on the interview date (this happened to me last year)? Do you know if they flopped their interview (like I did before)? Yes, they work with a ranking system but if on the interview day you can't defend your credentials, you're not going to get the scholarship. We know that in Nigeria 7g connection is a problem but from my experience with PTDF since 2018, the published list is usually on merit!
Slots are limited so everyone can not get the scholarship, I am sure that if I was from a more competitive state or if I had chosen to go to the UK, I wouldn't have gotten the scholarship. If you didn't get the scholarship, ask yourself why, and try to improve your odds for next time.

6 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by umeray: 11:33am On Aug 13, 2022
HausaIgboYoruba:

Not really fair on PTDF.

My profile:

WAEC: 6 A1s including English Language and Mathematics
First Class B.Eng
Publications

I was congratulated after my interview by the protocol officer there. He suggested I should start preparing and what do you know, I got the scholarship.

9 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by toolazy: 11:55am On Aug 13, 2022
That's sad. I didn't get the scholarship either. This is a highly competitive scholarship so from day one I've kept my hopes in check. The important thing now is to move on and have faith in qadar. What will be will be and when your time comes, you too will bask in victory.
umeray:

Not really fair on PTDF.

My profile:

First Class B.Eng
Publications

I was congratulated after my interview by the protocol officer there. He suggested I should start preparing and what do you know, I got the scholarship.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by BNW1: 12:08pm On Aug 13, 2022
Any update on the lss?
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by ExpertNLer: 12:15pm On Aug 13, 2022
Well this person won the scholarship as well for PhD
ExpertNLer:
PhD Interview experience of a mentee (Virtual)

Mentee was greeted by two panelists who are industry experts and previous PTDF Scholars.

After greetings, they alluded that the profile was strong - Profile is indeed strong 7A1s first class bachelors and distinction in masters, 5 professional memberships and 2 publications.

The interviewers seemed impressed with the proposal presentation and recommended focus areas in the research about increasing production efficiency and wished candidate the best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by youngelder(m): 12:18pm On Aug 13, 2022
biosystech:

Congratulations.

Brother.. Hope you'll be going to France..

I'll reschedule my trip for another time
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by AdesanmiMatthew: 12:53pm On Aug 13, 2022
It's always in Nigeria we shout highly competitive knowing fully well that 7G is assistant grace.
I have applied for different online Tech training with same credentials and got preferred.
Let same people face foreign panel and see a different list.

Let's move on ...
This is Naija, one mistake I think i made was to have 4.
I could have been self established by now.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by chinelany: 1:04pm On Aug 13, 2022
Please oooooo, when do we hope to get ISS list bikonu
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by umeray: 1:27pm On Aug 13, 2022
toolazy:
That's sad. I didn't get the scholarship either. This is a highly competitive scholarship so from day one I've kept my hopes in check. The important thing now is to move on and have faith in qadar. What will be will be and when your time comes, you too will bask in victory.

I think you misunderstood me. I got the scholarship. I was trying to tell one guy that I don't think there's any foul play.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by toolazy: 1:43pm On Aug 13, 2022
My bad. Congratulations to you and all others
umeray:

I think you misunderstood me. I got the scholarship. I was trying to tell one guy that I don't think there's any foul play.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by tolaade1960: 2:53pm On Aug 13, 2022
Can you share us how excellent your.

Olevel
Class of degree
number of journals
Number of professional bodies

since many candidates would did well in interviews and choose very relevant courses , though PTDF did not publish the courses of study for candidates like before.

do u know up to 60% on the list with merit?

otoboson:

Like I said before, I have applied for PTDF scholarship 5 times and got awarded for MSc and PhD without connection, I personally know more than 50 past and current scholars who got the scholarship without knowing anyone.
My name was number 1 on the published interview list from my state but I almost missed my interview because of carelessness. Do you know if the top ranked candidates showed up for their interviews? Do you know if some of their publications and professional body membership were rejected on the interview date (this happened to me last year)? Do you know if they flopped their interview (like I did before)? Yes, they work with a ranking system but if on the interview day you can't defend your credentials, you're not going to get the scholarship. We know that in Nigeria 7g connection is a problem but from my experience with PTDF since 2018, the published list is usually on merit!
Slots are limited so everyone can not get the scholarship, I am sure that if I was from a more competitive state or if I had chosen to go to the UK, I wouldn't have gotten the scholarship. If you didn't get the scholarship, ask yourself why, and try to improve your odds for next time.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by tolaade1960: 2:58pm On Aug 13, 2022
how many publications?
how many professional bodies?
your work experience?

for us to learn.

umeray:

Not really fair on PTDF.

My profile:

First Class B.Eng
Publications

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by otoboson: 3:27pm On Aug 13, 2022
tolaade1960:
Can you share us how excellent your.

Olevel
Class of degree
number of journals
Number of professional bodies

since many candidates would did well in interviews and choose very relevant courses , though PTDF did not publish the courses of study for candidates like before.

do u know up to 60% on the list with merit?

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by sadiik45(m): 3:51pm On Aug 13, 2022
Congratulations to all those that made it. If you're not opportune to be on the list. This is not the end. Who knows may be Almighty has plan better thing for you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (119) (Reply)

Yabatech 2014/2015 Post Utme Examination/screening, Result And Admission Detail / 2016/2017 Obafemi Awolowo University Aspirant / Osun State University (uniosun) 2015/2016 Post Utme/admission Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.