Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,300 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme - Education (109) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme (310193 Views)

Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme / Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme / 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (119) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by biosystech: 3:53pm On Aug 13, 2022
youngelder:

Brother.. Hope you'll be going to France..

I'll reschedule my trip for another time
France? Nah, PTDF was my hope of going there since I cannot afford the fees of the numerous schools there.

Seems you got the scholarship. If yes, congratulations!

I am guessing the class of degree played a role in this selection in addition to other factors. The two people here who have confirmed getting the scholarship both graduated with a first class, one with an excellent WAEC result and the other, not so excellent (in her words); ExpertNL also mentioned his mentee had a first class in his/her BSc and a dinstinction in Masters.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by sadiik45(m): 3:55pm On Aug 13, 2022
@Fatima KK, I want to ask if you made it.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by LoveThemChubby(m): 4:07pm On Aug 13, 2022
tolaade1960:

how many publications?
how many professional bodies?
your work experience?

for us to learn.

I have a supervisor who has always been on the ptdf interview panel and I got some insight from him so I think you are looking at the wrong things. Here are a few things to note
1. PTDF has not been evaluating publications and even though they included it in the evaluation criteria this year, it was dropped at the last minute.
2. Work experience has no direct evaluation points in the assessment process however, the assessors can use your experience to gauge your capacity to carry out the study.
3. The bulk of the marks come from your ability to show the relevance of your research to the oil/gas sector and the proposal (for PhD) .

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Xteck: 5:35pm On Aug 13, 2022
I have been following this platform for a while now. I decided to comment based on the post stating most awarded were as a result of high connection. Ok i have been applying for PTDF scholarship since 2018 and for all my interviews, the panelists were always impressed giving positive comments even going as far as teasing me to get my bags packed but sadly i never made the list not until now(2022) .
Yes i have 8 distinctions in my O levels 6As and 2Bs. Graduated with first class honours in petroleum and gas engineering. I have over 6years of experience in oil and gas sector working with producing and servicing companies, within and outside the country. I am also a professional member of SPE lagos chapter. Despite having good proposals, i didn't make the list until my 4th attempt.
The end truth is luck also plays in this scheme.

6 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by KoolK: 5:59pm On Aug 13, 2022
Congratulations. You deserve am las las.
Xteck:
I have been following this platform for a while now. I decided to comment based on the post stating most awarded were as a result of high connection. Ok i have been applying for PTDF scholarship since 2018 and for all my interviews, the panelists were always impressed giving positive comments even going as far as teasing me to get my bags packed but sadly i never made the list not until now(2022) .
Yes i have 8 distinctions in my O levels 6As and 2Bs. Graduated with first class honours in petroleum and gas engineering. I have over 6years of experience in oil and gas sector working with producing and servicing companies, within and outside the country. I am also a professional member of SPE lagos chapter. Despite having good proposals, i didn't make the list until my 4th attempt.
The end truth is luck also plays in this scheme.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Ihee01: 6:12pm On Aug 13, 2022
EbubeDelight:
Nwanne I understand how you feel, but this is not true. I didn't know anyone. I didn't trust the process, that was why I did virtual interview (not ready to risk my life and pay transport), I didn't border about admission (I wasn't ready to waste €75).

Let me give you a rundown of my profile

1. My WAEC result was not superb (the interviewer even stated that)
2. I have a first class
3. I came from one of the most competitive states in the South-East.

But here I am today dancing because God has shown me mercy.

Please trust God he will do it for you at his own time

Wishing everyone here the very best in life

My leave matter abeg
My WAEC is 9 credits
My B. Eng is 3.33/5.0 cgpa
My M. Eng is 4.5/5 cgpa
I have NAPTIN, MNSE, COREN, NIEEE, IEEE, series of Publications, I have series of PHD admissions
And so many others.
So what are you telling me.
What are their process of giving marks?

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Ihee01: 6:18pm On Aug 13, 2022
LoveThemChubby:

Please desist from spreading falsehood. Such misinformation is capable of discouraging others from applying. I GOT SELECTED AND DON'T KNOW ANY POLITICIAN. You need to first understand how the thing works:
1. Your state may be very competitive just like admission to University. Someone from one state may have 210 in jamb and get admission to study medicine while another may get 280 from another state and not be able to secure admission.
2. You may have good results but be unable to convince the interviewers about the relevance of your research to the oil and gas secure.
3. Especially for PhD, your proposal is key to success as it carries more weight
Stories
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Ihee01: 6:31pm On Aug 13, 2022
mercyp001:

Bro, I don't know the software or yardstick you used to arrive at your conclusion (@ bolded) to check 403 names that was just released few hours ago and concluded that they are linked to Politicians just because of their names.
We have seen so many beneficiaries here that testified that PTDF scholarship is merit based. And someone here said stakeholders list is different from the merit list. So, we should not discredit the process because we didn't make the list this year, we keep trying and one day, we will get the scholarship, God's willing.

Once again, congratulations to the new Scholars.
Bro.
Pls what and which yardsticks did you used to know that all are from merit list ?
Can you explain to us how PTDF did it?
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by jlomz: 6:32pm On Aug 13, 2022
Ihee01:

My leave matter abeg
My WAEC is 9 credits
My M. Eng is 4.5/5 cgpa
I have NAPTIN, MNSE, COREN, NIEEE, IEEE, series of Publications, I have series of PHD admissions
And so many others.

What industry are you currently working in and what was your research proposal?

How did your interview go sir?
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by aliyu531(m): 6:35pm On Aug 13, 2022
Even in less competitive states, this is hardly a "competitive" profile.
Ihee01:

My leave matter abeg
My WAEC is 9 credits
My M. Eng is 4.5/5 cgpa
And so many others.

6 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by otoboson: 6:39pm On Aug 13, 2022
Ihee01:

My leave matter abeg
My WAEC is 9 credits
My M. Eng is 4.5/5 cgpa
And so many others.

By 9 credits, do you mean 9Cs?
3.33/5.00 in most Nigerian universities is a 2:2, did you have a 2:2?
What did you mean by series of publications, are they up to 5?
Maybe you should ask yourself if there are people with 9As, first class, distinction, 5 publications, 5 pro-body membership and a very strong proposal.
It is always easier to cry fowl and blame everyone else when things don't work out our way.

6 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Ihee01: 6:39pm On Aug 13, 2022
biosystech:
Just saw your name. I'm from the same state as you and yes, it is very very competitive.

Congratulations.

Wash!
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by babey543: 6:40pm On Aug 13, 2022
Ihee01:

My leave matter abeg
My WAEC is 9 credits
My M. Eng is 4.5/5 cgpa
And so many others.

Your profile is not spectacular and only 4 people are selected for PhD.

You had 9 credits. People had As and Bs.

You had 2.2. People had First Class.

People in your state had publications, certifications and professional membership also. Having admission is not a criteria. Your proposal might not be good enough.

So you are just ordinary. Stop lamenting and accusing PTDF when there are others in your state with better profile than you.

Learn from your failure instead of just bragging not knowing that you are just with an ordinary profile. Instead of UK, go for GFCM. Also, try other scholarships in USA and Canada schools.

9 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by hamzacs(m): 6:41pm On Aug 13, 2022
Have changed my handle. Alhamdulillah, I made it to the final list sir.
sadiik45:
@Fatima KK, I want to ask if you made it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Lastbornbuns: 6:42pm On Aug 13, 2022
Let us not be sore losers please. Congratulate the winners in good faith and move on.

Please people with reliable insiders help us with LSS news

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by otoboson: 6:47pm On Aug 13, 2022
babey543:

People in your state had publications, certifications and professional membership also. Having admission is not a criteria. Your proposal might not be good enough.

So you are just ordinary. Stop lamenting and accusing PTDF when there are others in your state with better profile than you.

Learn from your failure instead of just bragging not knowing that you are just with an ordinary profile. Instead of UK, go for GFCM. Also, try other scholarships in USA and Canada schools.

Lol grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Ihee01: 7:05pm On Aug 13, 2022
babey543:

I want to understand. Does it mean that it was done based on past academic results or what you want to offer/contribute in oil and gas?
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Ihee01: 7:08pm On Aug 13, 2022
jlomz:

What industry are you currently working in and what was your research proposal?

How did your interview go sir?

Oil and gas industry. In one of the African countries.
Pls why did you ask?
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Ihee01: 7:12pm On Aug 13, 2022
otoboson:

By 9 credits, do you mean 9Cs?
3.33/5.00 in most Nigerian universities is a 2:2, did you have a 2:2?
What did you mean by series of publications, are they up to 5?
Maybe you should ask yourself if there are people with 9As, first class, distinction, 5 publications, 5 pro-body membership and a very strong proposal.
It is always easier to cry fowl and blame everyone else when things don't work out our way.
The WAEC is As & Bs bro.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Ihee01: 7:17pm On Aug 13, 2022
otoboson:

Lol grin grin grin grin

Please this is not bragging, Can you enlighten us the modalities used for rating the candidates.
It will help a lot.
If you can't, that means you are connected.
Please also state the marks awarding schemes.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by youngelder(m): 8:14pm On Aug 13, 2022
biosystech:
France? Nah, PTDF was my hope of going there since I cannot afford the fees of the numerous schools there.

Seems you got the scholarship. If yes, congratulations!

I am guessing the class of degree played a role in this selection in addition to other factors. The two people here who have confirmed getting the scholarship both graduated with a first class, one with an excellent WAEC result and the other, not so excellent (in her words); ExpertNL also mentioned his mentee had a first class in his/her BSc and a dinstinction in Masters.

Brother, I wasn't selecteamd among the successful candidates..

But we move.. And take another shot?

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by mercyp001(f): 9:00pm On Aug 13, 2022
Ihee01:

Bro.
Pls what and which yardsticks did you used to know that all are from merit list ?
Can you explain to us how PTDF did it?
Firstly, I am a female.
I might not be 100% accurate that the list is merit based but my point is not far from the truth because we have seen some beneficiaries here that testified they got the scholarship without any connection. Even some got it after 3rd or 4th attempt. But your own conclusion was you linked all the names of the awardees to politicians.
Bros, thank PTDF that you made it to the interview stage because your profile above is not that superb. If you see so many fantastic profiles from your state, you will thank your star that you made it to the interview stage.
Bros, stop ranting.
I am very sure, if you made the list, you won't be saying all these.
Hope you know that the slots per state is minuscule? So,everyone can't make the list, know this and know peace.
I didn't make the list too, so I keep pushing and hoping for the best.

6 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by umeray: 9:17pm On Aug 13, 2022
EbubeDelight:
Nwanne I understand how you feel, but this is not true. I didn't know anyone. I didn't trust the process, that was why I did virtual interview (not ready to risk my life and pay transport), I didn't border about admission (I wasn't ready to waste €75).

Let me give you a rundown of my profile

1. My WAEC result was not superb (the interviewer even stated that)
2. I have a first class
3. I came from one of the most competitive states in the South-East.

But here I am today dancing because God has shown me mercy.

Please trust God he will do it for you at his own time

Wishing everyone here the very best in life

Nne, are you in the awardees WhatsApp group?
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by RealAbdulqudus(m): 9:22pm On Aug 13, 2022
Is it possible for some name to be on the final list and not in the interview list?

Bcs some names in the final list in my state are not in the interview list.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by HausaIgboYoruba: 9:30pm On Aug 13, 2022
RealAbdulqudus:
Is it possible for some name to be on the final list and not in the interview list?

Bcs some names in the final list in my state are not in the interview list.
Bro, this is Nigeria, a country of all possibilities!

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Hannania(m): 9:32pm On Aug 13, 2022
Ihee01:

My leave matter abeg
My WAEC is 9 credits
My M. Eng is 4.5/5 cgpa
And so many others.

This is the scoring criteria. PHD slot is just 4 per state.

PTDF is the most merit based body in Nigeria since it's establishment. Whether you agree or not, does not change the fact that it's the truth.

I'm a proud awardee, and so are my 100s of colleagues, and no one has anything to prove to you.

Accept your fate, visit the USA travel section and see Info to apply for USA PHD which is a great option and on par with PTDF. With your profile and a GRE of 310 and above, you should have multiple offers

PTDF is the pride and hope of the common Nigerian.

6 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by ZAbeth12(f): 9:34pm On Aug 13, 2022
Who would in their right senses tell you they got the Scholarship by connections? Lol
I mean everyone will say it was merited!
If i got it through a connection, will i be so stupid to say i got it through connections?
Think about it...lol

9 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Omexx: 9:55pm On Aug 13, 2022
Hannania:

This is the scoring criteria. PHD slot is just 4 per state.

PTDF is the most merit based body in Nigeria since it's establishment. Whether you agree or not, does not change the fact that it's the truth.

I'm a proud awardee, and so are my 100s of colleagues, and no one has anything to prove to you.

Accept your fate, visit the USA travel section and see Info to apply for USA PHD which is a great option and on par with PTDF. With your profile and a GRE of 310 and above, you should have multiple offers

PTDF is the bride and hope of the common Nigerian.

My brother, nobody is disputing the fact that some people got it on merit without knowing anyone. But I can categorically tell you that the list is a mixture of merit and “Long-leg” candidates. In my state, I found someone that was not on the interview list but was awarded . This is a public platform I would have shown you the proof .

4 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by obemik: 9:58pm On Aug 13, 2022
Guys, let us not be sore losers...This is free money, it is not your money

This is my second attempt and I still didn't get it...I was part of those that chose virtual interview this year but never got the link - I never got a chance to do the interview...This doesn't mean I should now beat myself too hard or curse the process or feel envious of those that got it.

What we should do now is learn from our mistakes and from those that made it this year and put up a good fight next round...

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by biosystech: 10:03pm On Aug 13, 2022
Ihee01:

Wash!
It's not. The reason I still believe in PTDF is because I know more than 5 persons from the time I graduated till 2 years later who got theirs PURELY on merit.

Three had a first class and two, an escape first class degree.

I still keep in touch with two of them. While one works in the UK in a fortune 500 firm, another is currently a Ph.D student in another country by the university sponsorship. This is someone I know his family too. They're that good.

ZAbeth12:
Who would in their right senses tell you they got the Scholarship by connections? Lol
I mean everyone will say it was merited!
If i got it through a connection, will i be so stupid to say i got it through connections?
Think about it...lol
Exactly. No one will tell you that if they did.

youngelder:

Brother, I wasn't selecteamd among the successful candidates..

But we move.. And take another shot?
We go try again or I may just give up and concentrate fully on business (second option likely).

Biko, na laptop I dey sell, Pre-owned.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by RealAbdulqudus(m): 10:04pm On Aug 13, 2022
Omexx:

My brother, nobody is disputing the fact that some people got it on merit without knowing anyone. But I can categorically tell you that the list is a mixture of merit and “Long-leg” candidates. In my state, I found someone that was not on the interview list but was awarded . This is a public platform I would have shown you the proof .

There are about 2 names in Kwara Msc List that are not in the interview list.

I don't want to search further.

Congratulations to the awardees.

I wish you the best in your endeavours.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Omexx: 10:07pm On Aug 13, 2022
Although I take no personal umbrage, I just needed to correct that notion that the list is perfect. Irrespective of my personal sentiments, congratulations are in place of those who now have the opportunity to fulfil their dreams through this prestigious route.

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (119) (Reply)

Yabatech 2014/2015 Post Utme Examination/screening, Result And Admission Detail / 2016/2017 Obafemi Awolowo University Aspirant / Osun State University (uniosun) 2015/2016 Post Utme/admission Thread

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.