Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme - Education (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme (309602 Views)

Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme / Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme / 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (119) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by blacknoir: 7:33am On May 29, 2022
muhds1:

Guy why? So what if people reveal their interview experiences? Have you forgotten that awards are based on state quota that you're so concerned that someone may get and you that "deserve" it won't. Besides the questions asked in the interview is basically the same for everyone nationwide "relevance of your course to oil and gas". In fact your secret format may even be the outdated 2018/19 format that's know to everyone. Publications are now not needed for MSc, hence your format is invalid. Peace!
No mind him,I shared my experience as soon as I came out of the interview. Some people are always selfish and stingy.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by blacknoir: 7:39am On May 29, 2022
Liebermann:

You are on a scholarship, you don't need this one but you want to steal it from those who do yet you're questioning the ethics of others on this thread. You're shameless. As far as intelligence or literacy goes, judging by the way you reason and your grammar, I really hope people like you aren't the best the south has to offer.
I swear u spoke my mind ,he is even bragging that he is on high pay.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Nobody: 7:49am On May 29, 2022
You guys have started again early in the morning.

We are deliberating and you are still asking for questions.

Even if you have all the questions and answers now, it doesn't guarantee anything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Nobody: 8:02am On May 29, 2022
XtraSmooth404:

They probably needed to create more work for themselves. This translates to more daily allowances, hotel flexing, etc. 3 weeks interview schedule is too long if we're being serious. They could have shortlisted top 50 from each state which is like total of 1850 and wrap it up in a week.
Nice suggestion.

Imagine just 2 minutes for interview. It hope it is not just formality.

I think I agree with Abuja being the best centre as the interview is in PTDF headquarters part of the panelists are PTDF staff. No wonder you hear people in thread talking about flying from Lagos to Abuja.

Even from this thread, you can see that all Abuja interviews were longer and credentials were checked. This is unlike other centres.

In fact, in the past when MSc were writing aptitude test, Abuja was the only centre for PhD interview. But don't be scared.

What will be will be.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by mrphysics(m): 8:10am On May 29, 2022
Liebermann:

Always nice of you to contribute. I'm also a fan of the current selection process. Like I mentioned earlier, exams in Nigeria can be very shady. I remember you saying you never expected to be selected after your interview and yet you were so it's always encouraging to hear.

But I don't understand how quota system is your explanation for why they don't offer employment to past scholars If quota system was used for the selection process to begin with and extrapolating it to employment doesn't offset it. PTDF doesn't have the capacity to singlehandedly hire every single scholar and it's difficult to get such solidarity with other parastatals so they can consistently find a space for everyone.

This is why the interview is important because I believe they look for intangibles that support a persons commitment and drive towards developing the country. This doesn't exclusively happen through the government. I will also add that If you intend to get this scholarship and proceed to PhD and the only career path you see for yourself is through the Nigerian government your priorities are misplaced.

Congrats on being shortlisted for the PhD scheme. I hope you stick around and continue to contribute because your knowledge is much appreciated and past scholars are very inactive here. And also try debunking the defeatist misconceptions people have here that somehow northerners are going to steal all their spots or about the unfairness of the process. After all you're a testament to it's transparency and effectiveness.

Thanks bro.

On the issues you raised, well, the PTDF scholar is the only beneficiary of the entire program. The country itself does not benefit anything other than the media publication of how many persons they have trained. And until and unless they close the entire value chain, the country will remain the same. Now don't look at PTDF as an independent body, they are part of the government. So the process should have ended with all scholars being sent to local content for immediate employment and fixing in the relevant industry. That is what Turkey is doing and they are developing very fast.

There are alot of oil and gas firms in Nigeria that these scholars could be integrated into. Government have functional agencies, gas industries, energy firms that these scholars can be part of.

So why I mentioned quota system is due to the form of employment that happens in Nigeria. Employment into these agencies are mostly done by who you know and where you are from. So basically, scholars can't fit in except they are brought in automatically after completing their studies. But you know the government don't care because of the status quo that exist in those agencies.

The reality is thus that the president would even encourage any scholar not to come back but do whatever they found doing abroad, even if it means cleaning a hospital or restaurant. This is where the main issue is. On the long run, we would have spent billions of money with Europe, UK, and US being the biggest beneficiary of the program from all angles: Getting school fees, the expenses scholars make during studies, and improving their workforce where cleaners in their country are highly educated and professional people.

I forgot to add, after my interview, I came to nairaland to write how bad the process was and how it favoured the north because most of the panelists in PTDF Abuja are northerners. I didn't know they didn't even care about you but how happy you made them feel. No one was out there to hurt anyone and they were generous with grading. I realized afterwards that other centres are in universities and those lecturers were testing each scholars, even going to the extent of using some words on applicants.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by blacknoir: 8:16am On May 29, 2022
tolaade1960:
Let's wait for the interview results. We know Nigeria system is quota system which is disadvantage to some states .

PTDF could use CGPA we entered on the application to select best candidates in a moderate number like 3700 for competitive aptitude test since the final list is very small.

After test, filter out high-scoring candidates and do organised interviews preferably virtual. Let the tests results be seen immediately u write CBT .

Since PTDF scholarship is to train Nigerians in oil and gas industry, why asking for academic journal publications from MSc since most of them are in industry.

Professional bodies membership could be part of selection criteria since the scholarship is tailored to professional training. It's good to be identified with professional bodies.

How relevant the chosen course to oil and gas also matters.
Is this a suggestion or is it how they have been doing it? I thought after the interview is induction
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by mrphysics(m): 8:22am On May 29, 2022
tolaade1960:
You are very correct. The timing of interview is too long.

PTDF scholarship is not academic-based like Tetfund , it's tailored to professional/industry in oil and gas, so why using publications as metric for MSc .

On the issue of certificate citing either you are physical or virtual interview, it does not matter as they have your soft copies already. When you get the scholarship , they will still check and verify.

Industries are the highest sponsors of MSc and PhD thesis. They even lead in serious (useful) publications. From my experience, industries produce the best of research papers. So it's not out of order for publication to be among. Infact I know a PTDF Scholar doing her PhD in Total France.

I think it's only in Nigeria, perhaps due to the nature of our industries that we think publication is not important. I did my M.Sc thesis in an industry, most of my classmates did in industries, some do in hospitals, etc, and they write some papers. In my final year, all my courses where taught by teachers in the field. There is a good handshake between academics and industries in civilised and progressive countries.

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Nobody: 8:23am On May 29, 2022
mrphysics:

The PTDF scholarship has it's weakness but what you mentioned there isn't part of it in my opinion. Also, I don't know your definition of 'the best' when you said they won't win. It's people with this view of yours that end up getting the scholarship.

The current assessment process is the best. I wonder how writing an exam would lead to the selection of the 'best' candidate when you can either assess them with questions that are not useful in the MSC or PhD studies. So the fund should continue with this form of assessment in my opinion.

Physical or Virtual oral interviews varies. In the last 7 months of my return, I have had to sit in an interview, assessing people, atleast I have interviewed 50 persons and I can tell you that each interview brings it's unique experience. When I went for my MSc interview, we didn't waste much time, they asked their questions, I tried to convince them and left. Like I posited few pages ago, applicants are expected to try to lead the interview. Be the one to direct it and then you will have a good experience.

I have attended even PhD interviews, virtual ones, I even get one on Monday and there's nothing different. It's all about trying to convince people and scoring points.

For publication, schools in Nigeria are encouraged to do useful projects that continue the current copy and paste they do in some B.Sc projects. My set and the ones that followed, B.Sc projects are published. I published mine albeit in an African Journal. I have seen undergraduate publications from University of Ibadan and University of Lagos. I think it's very fair to judge with this metrics for a master or PhD project. In Europe, no one expects you to have a publication even after a masters program, but this is because of their thesis method where its done in the industry with proof of real work done. However, when you publish you project, it's an added advantage to anything. On May 18, my thesis was accepted and presented in a conference. It will soon come out in their publications and I have shared with some professors and I can tell you, it speaks well of you. Again, I hold that it's not bad to add it in a metrics for a PhD studies.

For experience, PTDF realized that some good people don't get first class or even 2:1, so in other to accommodate even 3rd class people with exceptional experience, they started to ask for work experience in their assessment and this depends on the applicant and interviewer. For me, I was asked if I am employed and what I do at work. And some times, these 2:1 or 2:2 people when given go on to change the narratives of their undergraduate.

Membership of a professional body is good too but not necessary. The point is, one gets more experienced when they belong to a professional body but maybe not in Nigeria where no professional body seem to be working or even adding value other than collecting membership fee and renewal of license.

For me I think we should all have open mind. PTDF is the easiest scholarship to get. For me, I lost hope in Nigeria, that I don't even apply for government job or anything. I have never applied for any government job or programme. Not one until PTDF. And I applied to PTDF because their application if very easy. After I couldn't complete the difficult MEXT Japan Scholarship and submit at their embassy since I wasn't leaving in Abuja or Lagos then, I had everything with me, so when the PTDF thread popped on nairaland front page, I clicked the link and decided to see where it leads to. In few minutes, I submitted my application and that was the easiest scholarship application format anywhere. The interview list came out and I got an email, went for the interview and was even surprised to be shortlisted.

Nice write up.

You were lucky they asked you about your credentials, documents and work experience.
I think this really helped you clinched the MSc.

But in some centres, most people have all these but they were just asked one question and no one asked about their credentials. Looks like formality.

The panelists should be consistent. I agree with your Abuja suggestion. Good luck in PhD.
Hope you know PTDF have now agreed on giving "No objection" letter. This is unlike before.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by blacknoir: 8:24am On May 29, 2022
Liebermann:

Aptitude tests in Nigeria are extremely dangerous. All forms of formal exams are dangerous in Nigeria. There's a reason why they switched away from that format.
Yeah I agree but in all honesty I feel amptitude test is better than the interview. I feel amptitude should have been done first,then 10 highest scores from each state should be interviewed and the 3 or 4 best should be selected for the scholarship.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by mrphysics(m): 8:37am On May 29, 2022
hosey:

Nice write up.

You were lucky they asked you about your credentials, documents and work experience.

But in some centres, most people have all these but they were just asked one question and no one asked about their credentials. Looks like formality.

The panelists should be consistent. I agree with your Abuja suggestion. Good luck in PhD.
Hope you know PTDF have now agreed on giving "No objection" letter. This is unlike before.

Thanks bro. Yeah, Abuja centre is usually applicant-friendly.

Anything PTDF is doing is just formality. Take it from me. They are not as we all think. Of course they try to improve themselves but they are still below expectation.

During our induction, they demanded for guarantors of some levels or cadres. I didn't have anyone, infact the ones I know would want you to come and kneel before them. I just ignored PTDF until the last day of submission when they announced that anyone can guarantee you grin grin grin

Infact the guarantor that I used will need a guarantor grin grin He was just my colleague in the office. So if they like they should introduce whatever they like, no one will enforce anything, it's all for documentation purposes.

5 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by blacknoir: 8:37am On May 29, 2022
mrphysics:
I just realized I have written something very lengthy, please ignore the errors.

If you want to have a good PTDF interview experience and you can make it to Abuja, use the centre. Other centres are in universities with Nigerian lecturers. They will ask you irrelevant questions or assess you with how happy they are on that day. When they see a topic that's closer to what they know, they will grill you until you become confused just because they want to show they know the topic. So I often avoid University Centres.

In Abuja, you will meet people who are doing well grin grin grin their life is good, they gain nothing by bringing you down. Just do your best and they will do their too. Some of other are northerners who isn't concerned much about you. So speak nicely and you have convinced them.

So guys goodluck. I was also shortlisted for PhD interview and I don't know how my experience would be but then whatever happens, I am open minded. Goodluck to everyone and God's Grace.
lols I read both ur post ,it's enlightening and encouraging thanks for writing it

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Nobody: 8:47am On May 29, 2022
mrphysics:

Thanks bro. Yeah, Abuja centre is usually applicant-friendly.

Anything PTDF is doing is just formality. Take it from me. They are not as we all think. Of course they try to improve themselves but they are still below expectation.

During our induction, they demanded for guarantors of some levels or cadres. I didn't have anyone, infact the ones I know would want you to come and kneel before them. I just ignored PTDF until the last day of submission when they announced that anyone can guarantee you grin grin grin

Infact the guarantor that I used will need a guarantor grin grin He was just my colleague in the office. So if they like they should introduce whatever they like, no one will enforce anything, it's all for documentation purposes.
Lol.

At least applicants now know that Abuja is the real deal.

For upcoming interviews, try and suggest that you want to submit your credentials even if you are not being asked.

Some panelists forget to ask.

Later bro.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by yus1034: 9:35am On May 29, 2022
hosey:

Lol.

At least applicants now know that Abuja is the real deal.

For upcoming interviews, try and suggest that you want to submit your credentials even if you are not being asked.

Some panelists forget to ask.

Later bro.
Sure, I concur to the fact that Abuja is unarguably the best center for ptdf interview.
I did mine on the 23rd, and I was due for 2pm in the afternoon. Regrettably, there was lots of delay and sorts of that, I didn't have my own interview not until 8:29pm in the night. Those guys were just consistent with their work and were still doing it diligently despite the late night. And surprisingly when it was my turn, those guys attended to me diligently, they left nothing unturned. They asked of my documents orderly and also asked of my memberships and publications as well, which I all presented. I was also asked what my course is germane to the oil and gas. Almost everything key to the interview were asked.
Abuja is the best so far, and no wonder the center was so croudy and tumultuous. And I guess it will be the only center to hold the interview for 3weeks. Bauchi center is just for a week, while the others excluding Abuja will all be for couple of weeks.
All the best to all of us.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by drach(m): 10:02am On May 29, 2022
I did in Abuja yesterday. But they did not ask me for publication.certificate (bsc and waec), membership were asked. I spoke about my sop and relationship of my course to O&G
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by BNW1: 10:32am On May 29, 2022
linsk:
Please has anyone been invited for the interview at bauchi center? Av not gotten the invite and I selected bauchi 4 interview

I was invited at Bauchi center. Done with it on the 27/5/2022
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by yus1034: 10:42am On May 29, 2022
drach:
I did in Abuja yesterday. But they did not ask me for publication.certificate (bsc and waec), membership were asked. I spoke about my sop and relationship of my course to O&G
Oh really? Almost everybody was asked of publication the day I did mine, maybe slight changes were made perhaps. I wasn't asked of sop though, after concluding everything I was just told "well done, you can go, we will do the rest", that's just it.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by yus1034: 10:45am On May 29, 2022
Xhaka100:
which state? let me know my chances.
Lol...
Na kaduna boy be this. Kogi by origin.
Let's just pray my brother.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by eddyakp: 11:13am On May 29, 2022
I have be virtually scheduled for Wed 01 June. And I haven’t received my Team link up till now . Please, is this normal or I should start to be worried?
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Nobody: 11:17am On May 29, 2022
hosey:
You guys have started again early in the morning.

We are deliberating and you are still asking for questions.

Even if you have all the questions and answers now, it doesn't guarantee anything.

Then why are you so pressed about it? Is this not what everyone here was telling you right from the start? Why are you always trying to spread mischief here? This is very strange behavior. You should change your moniker to Nosey. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Nobody: 11:19am On May 29, 2022
yus1034:

Oh really? Almost everybody was asked of publication the day I did mine, maybe slight changes were made perhaps. I wasn't asked of sop though, after concluding everything I was just told "well done, you can go, we will do the rest", that's just it.

Might be different panels but its very peculiar how some ask and seemingly grade publications while others don't. I still don't understand how they'll make up for this discrepancy.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by BNW1: 11:20am On May 29, 2022
hosey:

Nice write up.

It is not just unfair but unusual not to ask of applicants credentials. I did not have any publication and they did not ask me of it, probably because their system shows I did not have it. I was asked of my SOP, Professional membership (had 2) and my academic certificates which I had all.

However, I think if your SOP or Research is enriched with great content and you demonstrate a good knowledge of it and how beneficial it is to the Oil and gas sector, you will probably be asked a lot of questions and have a lengthy interview session.

I don't think spending just one or two minutes or being asked just one or two questions during the interview is a good omen.

Just my humble opinion----I was exhaustively grilled by those friendly interviewers.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by mandavidto(m): 12:16pm On May 29, 2022
Stotman:

Can you assist with the ibadan address? I was unable to do the online interview.

Kindly assist pls

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by linsk(m): 12:20pm On May 29, 2022
BNW1:

I was invited at Bauchi center. Done with it on the 27/5/2022
thanks.. is there a way to check online if a person is shortlisted for the interview, or is it only through their mail
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Amakaaaaa: 12:21pm On May 29, 2022
I think that your humble opinion is flawed because there is no one path we know that PTDF follows. Just because a person was grilled does not mean that they will secure the scholarship. Just do your best and pray for favor and grace
BNW1:

It is not just unfair but unusual not to ask of applicants credentials. I did not have any publication and they did not ask me of it, probably because their system shows I did not have it. I was asked of my SOP, Professional membership (had 2) and my academic certificates which I had all.

However, I think if your SOP or Research is enriched with great content and you demonstrate a good knowledge of it and how beneficial it is to the Oil and gas sector, you will probably be asked a lot of questions and have a lengthy interview session.

I don't think spending just one or two minutes or being asked just one or two questions during the interview is a good omen.

Just my humble opinion----I was exhaustively drilled by those friendly interviewers.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by BNW1: 12:56pm On May 29, 2022
Amakaaaaa:
I think that your humble opinion is flawed because there is no one path we know that PTDF follows. Just because a person was grilled does not mean that they will secure the scholarship. Just do your best and pray for favor and grace

That's your opinion. You could be grilled but still fail depending on your performance. No one is saying being grilled automatically awards you the scholarship. My opinion was in regards to the fact that some people don't spend up to one or two minutes and others were asked just a question.

It depends on the type of panels. But I still hold on to my opinion that you might likely spend more time being interviewed if you SOP/Research is enriched and beneficial to Oil and gas but this does not mean you will be awarded the scholarship- It is one's performance that speaks. If you think my opinion is flawed then that's your business. Thank God you said "there is no one path we know PTDF follows. So my opinion is just among the numerous probabilities. We must not have same interview experience

Wishing everybody good luck.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by BNW1: 1:02pm On May 29, 2022
linsk:
thanks.. is there a way to check online if a person is shortlisted for the interview, or is it only through their mail

An email was sent. The portal was reopened for those shortlisted for a period of time to update their information. If you were able to update your information then, it meant you were shortlisted even without receiving the first email.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by eddyakp: 1:19pm On May 29, 2022
Please I need advice on what to do. I have not received the Team Link. I need response pls. My date is 01 June , though
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Nobody: 1:25pm On May 29, 2022
mrphysics:

Thanks bro.

On the issues you raised, well, the PTDF scholar is the only beneficiary of the entire program. The country itself does not benefit anything other than the media publication of how many persons they have trained. And until and unless they close the entire value chain, the country will remain the same. Now don't look at PTDF as an independent body, they are part of the government. So the process should have ended with all scholars being sent to local content for immediate employment and fixing in the relevant industry. That is what Turkey is doing and they are developing very fast.

There are alot of oil and gas firms in Nigeria that these scholars could be integrated into. Government have functional agencies, gas industries, energy firms that these scholars can be part of.

So why I mentioned quota system is due to the form of employment that happens in Nigeria. Employment into these agencies are mostly done by who you know and where you are from. So basically, scholars can't fit in except they are brought in automatically after completing their studies. But you know the government don't care because of the status quo that exist in those agencies.

The reality is thus that the president would even encourage any scholar not to come back but do whatever they found doing abroad, even if it means cleaning a hospital or restaurant. This is where the main issue is. On the long run, we would have spent billions of money with Europe, UK, and US being the biggest beneficiary of the program from all angles: Getting school fees, the expenses scholars make during studies, and improving their workforce where cleaners in their country are highly educated and professional people.

I forgot to add, after my interview, I came to nairaland to write how bad the process was and how it favoured the north because most of the panelists in PTDF Abuja are northerners. I didn't know they didn't even care about you but how happy you made them feel. No one was out there to hurt anyone and they were generous with grading. I realized afterwards that other centres are in universities and those lecturers were testing each scholars, even going to the extent of using some words on applicants.

I agree that they should find a way to optimize the programme but to say it's value is restrained to media publications alone is something I don't agree with. I have checked the profile of a lot of scholars, most of whom have gone on to find roles in and out of the industry. At the end of the day, education and improvement of the quality of your labor force never goes to waste. Scholars can be better utilized yes but I don't find the current system as having no benefit.

Given the tumultuous nature of the economy, I reckon it will be very difficult to get a solid commitment from these firms to accommodate around 200 (assuming we're not including PhD) scholars yearly. Companies in this industry are already cutting down on recruitment to begin with. In fact, most of them are downsizing. The fact that you said graduates in these more advanced countries are resorting to menial jobs says a lot. This makes the whole situation very tricky. As far as government agencies go what you're describing is not quota system but nepotism, indicative of the kakistocracy we live in. All round the inefficiencies you speak of are a microcosm of the whole economy and give rise to a chicken vs egg question. In the end, I truly believe that one should have the tools to find his way after he's done studying whether it's in this country or somewhere else.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Nobody: 1:32pm On May 29, 2022
BNW1:

That's your opinion. You could be grilled but still fail depending on your performance. No one is saying being grilled automatically awards you the scholarship. My opinion was in regards to the fact that some people don't spend up to one or two minutes and others were asked just a question.

It depends on the type of panels. But I still hold on to my opinion that you might likely spend more time being interviewed if you SOP/Research is enriched and beneficial to Oil and gas but this does not mean you will be awarded the scholarship- It is one's performance that speaks. If you think my opinion is flawed then that's your business. Thank God you said "there is no one path we know PTDF follows. So my opinion is just among the numerous probabilities. We must not have same interview experience

Wishing everybody good luck.

The panel you end up with plays a huge role in your interview experience. Some are friendly, some are not. You may run into someone who has a bone to pick with you for some reason or for no reason at all. Spirited debates aren't a sign of success or failure. The whole process is arbitrary and there are a lot of variables at play. We have heard people with varying experiences succeed and vice versa so it's difficult to make sense of a heavily subjective process. Do your best and pray. Then prepare yourself for whatever outcome might follow.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by 1b8m: 1:38pm On May 29, 2022
Liebermann:

I agree that they should find a way to optimize the programme but to say it's value is restrained to media publications alone is I don't agree with. I have checked the profile of a lot of scholars, most of whom have gone on to find roles in and out of the industry. At the end of the day, education and improvement of the quality of your labor force never goes to waste. Scholars can be better utilized yes but I don't find the current system as having no benefit.

Given the tumultuous nature of the economy, I reckon it will be very difficult to get a solid commitment from these firms to accommodate around 200 (assuming we're not including PhD) scholars yearly. Companies in this industry are already cutting down on recruitment to begin with. In fact, most of them are downsizing. The fact that you said graduates in these more advanced countries are resorting to menial jobs says a lot. This makes the whole situation very tricky. As far as government agencies go what you're describing is not quota system but nepotism, indicative of the kakistocracy we live in. All round the inefficiencies you speak of are a microcosm of the whole economy and give rise to a chicken vs egg question. In the end, I truly believe that one should have the tools to find his way after he's done studying whether it's in this country or somewhere else.
this pal here is sure prepping for GRE AW. If you know you know grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Nobody: 1:45pm On May 29, 2022
1b8m:
this pal here is sure prepping for GRE AW. If you know you know grin grin

I will start posting exclusively in Hausa because of you.

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by kedunaija(m): 2:37pm On May 29, 2022
Getting a funded scholarship is great but when you add the prospect of getting fully funded scholarship where you don have to worry about the dreaded IELTS examination make it all the better.
International students from Africa and other parts of the world can now apply for 15 United States Scholarships Without IELTS in 2022.
https://qocba.com/15-unbelievable-funded-scholarships-in-usa-without-ielts-visa-sponsorship-available/

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (119) (Reply)

Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread / Yabatech 2014/2015 Post Utme Examination/screening, Result And Admission Detail / 2016/2017 Obafemi Awolowo University Aspirant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.