Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme - Education (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme (310335 Views)

Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme / Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme / 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (119) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Giftega(m): 9:58am On Jul 13, 2022
Lol. What will be will be jare. It's best each one prepares for whatever eventuality! I wish us all the best nonetheless.

biosystech:
Hearts be going "Badum badum badum" as we count down. grin

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by BNW1: 8:22pm On Jul 13, 2022
Giftega:
Lol. What will be will be jare. It's best each one prepares for whatever eventuality! I wish us all the best nonetheless.

When do you think the lists will be released? This month?

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by tolaade1960: 9:01pm On Jul 13, 2022
definitely it can not exceed this month.

BNW1:

When do you think the lists will be released? This month?

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by misteru31(m): 11:02pm On Jul 13, 2022
I spoke with one of the PTDF staff today who told me that the list of selected scholars would most likely be out next week or highest upper week. So let’s just keep praying to be among the list,

11 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by tolaade1960: 11:41pm On Jul 13, 2022
Definitely, it can not exceed this month. is even late for some UK applicants .

God will remember us.

misteru31:
I spoke with one of the PTDF staff today who told me that the list of selected scholars would most likely be out next week or highest upper week. So let’s just keep praying to be among the list,

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by babey543: 10:04am On Jul 14, 2022
misteru31:
Yes you are right.

It will be out this month.

Go get admission letter. UK admission is very easy.

Try University of Salford, Derby and Sunderland for fast admission.

But those are low-class universities but accept 2.2 graduates.

Also, try high competitive admission like Manchester, Imperial, Liverpool, UCL, Newscastle, UoB, Uni of Leeds e.t.c however, those places
might have been filled. Accepts only 2.1 and First class

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Engr2016: 10:30am On Jul 14, 2022
I usually like reading your comments. Most times, they are filled with insightful information and guides. God bless you.

babey543:

Yes you are right.

Also, try high competitive admission like Manchester, Imperial, Liverpool, UCL, Newscastle, UoB, Uni of Leeds e.t.c however, those places

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Lanesra(f): 1:18pm On Jul 14, 2022
Will the rest of the days in July after the list is released, and August be enough to obtain a Visa ahead of september resumption for UK schools?

babey543:

Yes you are right.

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by ExpertNLer: 1:26pm On Jul 14, 2022
Yes it should be
Lanesra:

Will the rest of the days in July after the list is released, and August be enough to obtain a Visa ahead of september resumption for UK schools?

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by BNW1: 1:38pm On Jul 14, 2022
babey543:

Yes you are right.

Yeah! The earlier the better.
I received an offer of admission from Uni. Of Liverpool with a partial scholarship. And if eligible, will be automatically awarded more internal scholarships. Was requested to upload evidence of PTDF application and apply for accommodation immediately which I did.

May God answer our prayers. Hoping for the best

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by umeray: 3:10pm On Jul 14, 2022
Seems like most people here chose UK. I got admitted to study control and robotics in Centrale Nantes, France. I asked the program coordinators for more time and they agreed because they are one of the partners of PTDF. But still I feel the time is too short.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by HausaIgboYoruba: 3:12pm On Jul 14, 2022
umeray:
Seems like most people here chose UK. I got admitted to study control and robotics in Centrale Nantes, France. I asked the program coordinators for more time and they agreed because they are one of the partners of PTDF. But still I feel the time is too short.
Great
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Officialsetlinn: 5:17pm On Jul 14, 2022
DMainMan:
2022/2023 PTDF OVERSEAS POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME IN THE UK, GERMANY, FRANCE & MALAYSIA

The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF), the Federal Government agency with the mandate of developing indigenous human capacity and petroleum technology to meet the needs of the oil and gas industry, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for Overseas MSc and PhD Scholarships to institutions under its strategic partnership initiative. Successful candidates will be awarded scholarships to study in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, and Malaysia commencing in the 2022/2023 academic session.

Application Process

Application Forms can be obtained on the scholarship portal (scholarship.ptdf.gov.ng).

Selection Process, Criteria & Requirements

PTDF scholarships are highly competitive and only applicants who are outstanding across the board are selected. A selection committee will be constituted to assess applications using the following criteria;

Academic merit as evidenced by the quality of degrees, full academic transcripts, other professional qualifications acquired, and relevant publications to be referenced by applicants

Membership of professional bodies

The viability of the study/research plan (PhD Applicants only).

Requirements

MSc

A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) qualification in their first degree or a Second Class Lower (2.2) with relevant industry experience

Must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC)

Must be computer literate

Statement of purpose (maximum 500 words) stating the reason(s) for the proposed study, its relevance to the oil and gas industry and its expected impact on national development.

Possession of 5 O/level credits including English Language.

PhD

Must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC)

Must be computer literate

A minimum of Second Class Lower (2.2) in their first degree and a good second-degree certificate;

Must submit a research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry (of not more than 5 pages) to include: Topic, introduction, objective, methodology and mode of data collection

All lecturers must produce a letter from their Vice Chancellor confirming that they are not in receipt of any other scholarships

Required Documents

Applicants are advised to scan copies of the following documents and attach to their online application forms:

National Identity Number (NIN)

First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result

NYSC discharge certificate

WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO results as well as the PIN numbers on the application forms to enable PTDF view the O’level results on the relevant website).

Recent Passport Photograph

Local Government Identification Letter

Master’s Degree Certificate (PhD Applicants only)

Evidence of membership of professional associations

Candidates who successfully scale through the first round of screening will be requested to submit their transcripts; all applicants are therefore advised to prepare their transcripts for submission in anticipation of such a request

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS Six (6) WEEKS FROM THE DATE OF THIS PUBLICATION.

https://ptdf.gov.ng/2022-2023-overseas-postgraduate-scholarship-scheme/

Signed

Management

You can also find scholarship opportunities here: https://setlinn.com/topics/forum/scholarship/

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by engrfyve: 5:28pm On Jul 14, 2022
umeray:

Hello Umeray,
Please how and when did you apply to Centrale Nantes? I need admission in that school as well, and in the same course too. You can please drop details for me via email ,
engrfyve@gmail.com

Thank you,
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by jlomz: 5:28pm On Jul 14, 2022
umeray:

When is the extension they offered you ending?
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by babey543: 6:31pm On Jul 14, 2022
BNW1:

Yeah! The earlier the better.
I received an offer of admission from Uni. Of Liverpool with a partial scholarship. And if eligible, will be automatically awarded more internal scholarships. Was requested to upload evidence of PTDF application and apply for accommodation immediately which I did.

May God answer our prayers. Hoping for the best

That is cool.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by babey543: 6:33pm On Jul 14, 2022
Lanesra:

There is enough time. PTDF can also pay for priority visa which takes only 5 working days.

Ensure you have your international passport and admission letter ready.

Good luck.

5 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by babey543: 6:34pm On Jul 14, 2022
Engr2016:
I usually like reading your comments. Most times, they are filled with insightful information and guides. God bless you.

Thank you.

God bless you too.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Aremson14(m): 7:46pm On Jul 14, 2022
babey543:

There is enough time. PTDF can also pay for priority visa which takes only 5 working days.

Good luck.
With people lyk nasu on strike it wld be quite difficult to get transcripts to various destinations,,, most likely alot of federal uni graduates wld differ
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Engr2016: 8:10pm On Jul 14, 2022
By next month , it would be exactly 1 year since I requested an official transcript from one of the first generation federal universities even before the strike started. Till date they have not even processed it despite several actions I have taken to address it. Nigerian universities seems to be living in the medieval era or stone age by their unprofessional work ethics. The way they oppress innocents students and the alumni is perhaps the way the government too is oppressing them back to back. So disheartening to say the least.

Aremson14:

With people lyk nasu on strike it wld be quite difficult to get transcripts to various destinations,,, most likely alot of federal uni graduates wld differ

4 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by FatimaMK: 8:26pm On Jul 14, 2022
This will be my major challenge if finally considered for the scholarship. I don't have my Msc. transcript, even during interviews, it was my progress report (issued by my department after course work) that helped me. Lucky for me the progress report included my CGPA. If finally selected, I have no option than to differ the offer because end to ASUU strike is not in sight. Sadly, one can't apply for admission without that transcript.
Aremson14:

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Xhamela07: 11:45pm On Jul 14, 2022
Lanesra:

Visa processing takes 3 weeks from the day of submission. Abuja gets you faster dates for submission as Lagos is usually crowded but you can also try walk-ins and struggle with mammoth crowds at the gates. All-in-all, you need an average of 4-5 weeks to get the visa, so you do have time
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Dreldee: 1:16am On Jul 15, 2022
FatimaMK:
This will be my major challenge if finally considered for the scholarship. I don't have my Msc. transcript, even during interviews, it was my progress report (issued by my department after course work) that helped me. Lucky for me the progress report included my CGPA. If finally selected, I have no option than to differ the offer because end to ASUU strike is not in sight. Sadly, one can't apply for admission without that transcript.
Very sad to hear this, but don't loose hope guess what you can apply with ur progress report and still
get admission. Try ur luck.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Honestguy13577: 2:34am On Jul 15, 2022
babey543:

Good luck.

And ATAS certificate I guess.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by babey543: 4:08am On Jul 15, 2022
Honestguy13577:

And ATAS certificate I guess.
Not compulsory. Depends on the course and it would be stated in the admission letter.

If not stated, ATAS is not a requirement.

PTDF will pay for tuberculosis test as well as visa, flight, living expenses and tuition fees.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by nupeman: 11:30am On Jul 15, 2022
Last I heard Priority visa option is not available anymore for Tier 4 visas, so you'll need about 3 weeks or more from submission date to get your visa.
babey543:

Good luck.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by ExpertNLer: 12:57pm On Jul 15, 2022
Yes that's true. No more priority visas because of the Ukraine situation
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by KoolK: 4:06pm On Jul 15, 2022
nupeman:
Last I heard Priority visa option is not available anymore for Tier 4 visas, so you'll need about 3 weeks or more from submission date to get your visa.
That should not be a concern.
Even if PTDF comot list by September, they sure have a way round it.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Engr2016: 5:34pm On Jul 15, 2022
The most important thing for now among all of these discussions is to win the scholarship first. All other variables such as transcript, visa etc will naturally fall into place. Let's hope in GOD for the best.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Giftega(m): 6:45pm On Jul 15, 2022
I seriously doubt it o. Reason is because after getting your admission letter, you might need to apply for your ATAS certificate (depending on your program) which must be done at least six months to the start of your program. Without your ATAS certificate, you may not be able to apply for a UK visa. So if your program of choice requires an ATAS certificate, and you haven't been admitted yet, i'm afraid you can't meet up with September start.
Lanesra:

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Engr2016: 9:09pm On Jul 15, 2022
Nawa o! Thanks to our well informed dudes in this forum. I have really learnt a lot from you guys! Just imagine, I have never heard of anything called ATAS certificate before until I saw it on this thread.

Giftega:
I seriously doubt it o. Reason is because after getting your admission letter, you might need to apply for your ATAS certificate (depending on your program) which must be done at least six months to the start of your program. Without your ATAS certificate, you may not be able to apply for a UK visa. So if your program of choice requires an ATAS certificate, and you haven't been admitted yet, i'm afraid you can't meet up with September start.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by pijay(m): 10:31pm On Jul 15, 2022
Giftega:

ATAS Certificate is to some particular research courses..

After admission and payment of deposit you also need CAS with stands for 'Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies'. The CAS is an electronic record that the University produces for the Home Office and it is required for your Student visa application. The University will produce a CAS for you and email you your CAS number and CAS statement, listing the information that has been sent to the UK Visas and Immigration Department. You will need this information to make your Student visa application.

Your CAS statement lists:

your CAS number
the start and end date of your course
our Sponsor Licence Number
our Sponsor Licence Address (our registered address)
the address of your primary site of study
The qualifications we have used to assess your eligibility for a place on your course
confirmation that your course represents academic progress if you have already studied in the UK
confirmation of your English language ability
the fees for your course
the fees you have already paid
your name as it appears on your passport
your passport number
your scholarship information (if applicable)

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (119) (Reply)

Yabatech 2014/2015 Post Utme Examination/screening, Result And Admission Detail / 2016/2017 Obafemi Awolowo University Aspirant / Osun State University (uniosun) 2015/2016 Post Utme/admission Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.