Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,984 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme - Education (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme (308874 Views)

Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme / 2022/2023 Ptdf Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme In The Uk, Ger, France / 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (119) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Lastbornbuns: 2:44pm On Jun 26, 2022
Dreldee:

1. Original cert is not a requirement.
Transcript is required most atimes. Because
2. Transcript is optional but required after admission thus; during documentation and your school will have to send it to them not you.
3. I suggest you take ur shots.
I hope this helps?
Transcripts optional? I think you mean "official" transcripts are optional before admission but required afterwards. Some schools accept student's copy of transcripts for admission.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Dreldee: 4:28pm On Jun 26, 2022
Lastbornbuns:

Transcripts optional? I think you mean "official" transcripts are optional before admission but required afterwards. Some schools accept student's copy of transcripts for admission.
Yes
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Mathilde: 4:45pm On Jun 26, 2022
It sure helps, thanks alot.

Dreldee:

1. Original cert is not a requirement.
Transcript is required most atimes. Because
2. Transcript is optional but required after admission thus; during documentation and your school will have to send it to them not you.
3. I suggest you take ur shots.
I hope this helps?
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Dreldee: 5:29pm On Jun 26, 2022
Mathilde:
It sure helps, thanks alot.

Good one.
The pleasure is all mine.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by jlomz: 2:08am On Jun 28, 2022
Good morning prospects, so I wanted to ask a question,

I got tempted to run through the list of successful candidates for 2020/2021 PTDF scholars after seeing the profiles of a few on LinkedIn, I was surprised to see like two (2) awardees having their Post Graduate study in the US although they were awarded MSc scholarship for GFM and the other UK; although I haven't chatted them up yet on LinkedIn, I began wondering if it was possible to switch to a country outside the PTDF specified countries of choice.

Well I just thought to ask sha and drop my 2 cents, I wish us all the best.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Engr2016: 10:22am On Jun 28, 2022
Since you mentioned that they were for the 2020/2021 session, I guess those candidates got better offers in the US admissions. Don't forget US schools usually offer full funding for PhDs and some select MSc programs. Many candidates competing for PTDF are equally trying other scholarship options in the US, Canada etc. In such cases, the candidates will most likely opt for the US school rather than the UK's.

jlomz:

I got tempted to run through the list of successful candidates for 2020/2021 PTDF scholars after seeing the profiles of a few on LinkedIn, I was surprised to see like two (2) awardees having their Post Graduate study in the US although they were awarded MSc scholarship for GFM and the other UK; although I haven't chatted them up yet on LinkedIn, I began wondering if it was possible to switch to a country outside the PTDF specified countries of choice.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by JoshTim: 11:34am On Jun 28, 2022
Hello, can one apply to a UK University which is not on the list of universities recommended by PTDF and still use PTDF scholarship to fund it?

I searched through the list and found out that it is only Nottingham Uni that is enlisted for PhD. Finance.

Please, i need a good response. Thanks
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by jlomz: 12:42pm On Jun 28, 2022
Engr2016:
Since you mentioned that they were for the 2020/2021 session, I guess those candidates got better offers in the US admissions. Don't forget US schools usually offer full funding for PhDs and some select MSc programs. Many candidates competing for PTDF are equally trying other scholarship options in the US, Canada etc. In such cases, the candidates will most likely opt for the US school rather than the UK's.

What now happens to their awards from PTDF, the funding and all?

Do they forfeit their slot or PTDF gives it to somebody else?

Because I spotted one of them still adding it that she was a PTDF awardee/scholar, which is making me ask if they switched their funding to US
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by babey543: 12:54pm On Jun 28, 2022
jlomz:

Because I spotted one of them still adding it that she was a PTDF awardee/scholar, which is making me ask if they switched their funding to US

You have not even won scholarship and you are talking about USA. Why are you panicking?

Just pray you win PTDF. Different people have different cases.

Probably they are already studying in the USA with free tuition scholarship. They only applied for scholarship for living expenses.

That is why PTDF usually ask if you need partial scholarship. This was advertised that year.

See Just wait till July for PTDF outcome and stop digging people out.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by elayomohammed(m): 2:57pm On Jun 28, 2022
shm
Allow the buddy to conduct his research in peace ✌️

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by ExpertNLer: 8:30pm On Jun 28, 2022
I personally know 2 that already got scholarships in the US before PTDF list came out, that is the case for many because there were serious delays in the last PTDF scholarship list
jlomz:

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by ExpertNLer: 8:31pm On Jun 28, 2022
Once your name is on the list, you are a PTDF scholar - even if you decide to reject the scholarship
jlomz:

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Kpai1185: 10:18pm On Jun 28, 2022
Please what is the faith of people that have not done their virtual interview

Will they still release the least without everybody bn interviewed.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Kpai1185: 10:19pm On Jun 28, 2022

Will they still release the list without everybody bn interviewed.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by babey543: 10:28pm On Jun 28, 2022
Kpai1185:

Will they still release the list without everybody bn interviewed.
Lol. Try again next year.

You could have gone to the centre physically to complain when interview was on.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by babey543: 10:29pm On Jun 28, 2022

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by jlomz: 6:08am On Jun 29, 2022
ExpertNLer:
I personally know 2 that already got scholarships in the US before PTDF list came out, that is the case for many because there were serious delays in the last PTDF scholarship list

Thank you
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by jlomz: 6:09am On Jun 29, 2022
ExpertNLer:
Once your name is on the list, you are a PTDF scholar - even if you decide to reject the scholarship

Okay, but does the slot move to another person or it gets wasted?
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Engr2016: 7:35am On Jun 29, 2022
I think it may depend on the scenario. For instance, the scholar may be given partial funding as indicated by some experienced people here. Otherwise, the slot might be transferred to the next candidate in the ranking.
jlomz:

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Solicitor2040: 8:48am On Jun 29, 2022
My brother, whether they will substitute another person or not, should not be your problem.

Just pray to get shortlisted, that is all.

Okay, but does the slot move to another person or it gets wasted?[/quote]
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by HausaIgboYoruba: 9:05am On Jun 29, 2022
jlomz:

it means more money to the awardee. The awardee takes the partial scholarship ( living expenses) and move on since his tuition fees is already sorted by the other scholarship award he had before the PTDF list comes out.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Engr2016: 3:08pm On Jun 29, 2022
Please , let's not discourage anyone asking questions as pertinent answers may be helpful for others too . Nevertheless, I have this question too. Is it true that despite the minimum O-level requirements being the 5 credits (including Maths and English listed on the PTDF website), during actual grading, once the candidate meets this aforementioned requirements, the highest grades in all related subjects would be picked irrespective of Maths and English?

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by ExpertNLer: 3:40pm On Jun 29, 2022
It is highest subjects INCLUDING maths and English
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by ExpertNLer: 3:40pm On Jun 29, 2022
No they use maths + english + 3 highest subjects
Engr2016:
Please , let's not discourage anyone asking questions as pertinent answers may be helpful for others too . Nevertheless, I have this question too. Is it true that despite the minimum O-level requirements being the 5 credits (including Maths and English listed on the PTDF website), during actual grading, once the candidate meets this aforementioned requirements, the highest grades in all related subjects would be picked irrespective of Maths and English?
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Drahl(m): 3:46pm On Jun 29, 2022
ExpertNLer:
No they use maths + english + 3 highest subjects
They use maths and english + 3 relevant subjects( chemistry, physics, and biology or agric for engineering candidates). so, getting A1s in non-science subjects is redundant.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by tolaade1960: 4:26pm On Jun 29, 2022
did u mean some experience guys opted for partial scholarships from PTDF?

Engr2016:
I think it may depend on the scenario. For instance, the scholar may be given partial funding as indicated by some experienced people here. Otherwise, the slot might be transferred to the next candidate in the ranking.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Engr2016: 4:56pm On Jun 29, 2022
No! I was referring to the experienced (current or former) PTDF scholar's explanation on the candidates who are already studying as PhD students elsewhere in US/Europe before getting PTDF scholarship. These categories are the ones they were likely referring to as being offered partial scholarships since they must have already gotten some form of funding elsewhere already.
tolaade1960:
did u mean some experience guys opted for partial scholarships from PTDF?

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by tron23(m): 5:47pm On Jun 29, 2022
[This is true.]
They use maths and english + 3 relevant subjects( chemistry, physics, and biology or agric for engineering candidates). so, getting A1s in non-science subjects is redundant.[/quote]
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Mrhenry007: 12:08pm On Jun 30, 2022
They used my maths, english, chem, phy and geography
was so sad they didn't use my F/maths and technical drawing because I Didn't make A's in chem and Phy
Drahl:

They use maths and english + 3 relevant subjects(chemistry, physics, and biology or agric for engineering candidates). so, getting A1s in non-science subjects is redundant.

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Engr2016: 2:16pm On Jun 30, 2022
Hmmm. But you made A's in your Maths, English and Geography I suppose?

Mrhenry007:
They used my maths, english, chem, phy and geography
was so sad they didn't use my F/maths and technical drawing because I Didn't make A's in chem and Phy
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by tolaade1960: 4:20pm On Jun 30, 2022
I think some universities make further mathematics compulsory for admission.
without further mathematics, you would not be able to perform well in engineering undergraduate studies.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by perrychemical: 7:45pm On Jun 30, 2022
tolaade1960:
I think some universities make further mathematics compulsory for admission.
without further mathematics, you would not be able to perform well in engineering undergraduate studies.

Which one is Further Mathematics again? Someone that has already pass through Engineering School does not need any Further Mathematics again for admission. I think it will be inconsequential.

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (119) (Reply)

Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread / Yabatech 2014/2015 Post Utme Examination/screening, Result And Admission Detail / 2016/2017 Obafemi Awolowo University Aspirant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.