Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos (31701 Views)

Corps Members Raped At Gunpoint In Akwa Ibom / Identities Of Police Officers Who Extorted ₦22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Lagos Men / Tope Alabi Robbed At Gunpoint In Ogun, Police Arrest Suspects (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 19, 2021
TheMan3:
Poverty seems to have blinded you. No offense

Poverty has not blinded me, I am extremely comfortable and as an accountant, I know monies have trail.

2 Likes

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by Emperor5(m): 10:29am On Dec 19, 2021
They would have involve lawyer when they are in the cell
Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by Nobody: 10:31am On Dec 19, 2021
walemoney007:
All this young boys that have millions in their accounts, need to know they need to have a lawyer.

Una go get money, to dey pay lawyer wey go dey defend Una for issues like this become problem.

I sha hope say dem go get their money back

Not only lawyer.

Have a senior police officer or politician who stands behind you.

If not, have a multinational company you work for or you are distributor to.

Otherwise Nigerian police will always label you as fraudster.

Nah ordinary Camry I dey drive at 27, they wan label me, nah ID card save me.

3 Likes

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by Jeffy1206(m): 10:32am On Dec 19, 2021
There is no law in Nigeria that prohibits trading of bitcoin or Cryptocurrencies undecided
Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by Omoa1: 10:32am On Dec 19, 2021
ogmask:
So sad...
I pray this matter see the light of day.
This definitely will see the light of the day. I've been following since inception

1 Like

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by unbiased2021: 10:33am On Dec 19, 2021
Emperor2020:
can u shield more light on this nft bayc,heard there membership no be here..here to learn

I’ll send you a direct link on dm but it’s not an easy one .. nothing is easy though

But you need an ape to be able to access the bathroom.

2 Likes

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by lightest(m): 10:33am On Dec 19, 2021
All this boys claiming realtor up and down, how are we sure us nit karma that is following them.

I know a yahoo boy of almost 10 years steady scam that selling big big cars now. If police arrest him, he will be claiming he is a car dealer.

Karma is a batch and it's always catch up back at the end of the day.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by sambony4luv(m): 10:34am On Dec 19, 2021
Another fake gist to pull the reputation of DSP Cordelia down.
Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by AROI: 10:36am On Dec 19, 2021
Call this number 0816 717 8486 I am sure they can be of help
Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by Teenaira: 10:38am On Dec 19, 2021
cybernaut:
Yeye guys and illiterate to highest level. Never you allowed officer to access your phone because is your right.

All rights lost at gun point

1 Like

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 19, 2021
faste:
Politicians going around in 80m range Rover ,do they earn the money legally?

But they have contacts that can stand surety for them, meanwhile a politician needs an office to embezzle from.
Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by firfinch(m): 10:44am On Dec 19, 2021
Dreytonisback:
Everywhere na street
Them fit even run you street inside your street
Them go put am for your body woto woto

These days if I wan discharge for Lagos environs na to just dress like who need help
Steadily I go just wear simple black polo with no design, wwar short knicker and palm whereas account fat .
I go follow everyone drag danfo , once I reach mall I go buy new one change enter shrine , smoke my sorrows away , then discharge enter mall back go chop , by then night don reach
I go jejely go my house in peace.

Lights up my kpoli in peace
Na boss you be. Do give away for us biko
Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 19, 2021
This is actually very scary, only God knows how many innocent people have been wasted for no just reason.this could be anyone.

1 Like

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by lkillbrokehoes: 10:46am On Dec 19, 2021
Bubu4Sea:
Has anybody noticed that in the North that the police behave themselves?

The police harassment is part of the Islamic tax on the south.
You are damn right, the police in the north behave so well unlike those in the west and south.

1 Like

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by firfinch(m): 10:49am On Dec 19, 2021
AlhajiBitcoin:

Not only lawyer.

Have a senior police officer or politician who stands behind you.

If not, have a multinational company you work for or you are distributor to.

Otherwise Nigerian police will always label you as fraudster.
...But is it a crime for a young Nigerian to be successful? If not because of the situation of things in this country, everyone should have access to whatever suits them without anyone judging.

Nah ordinary Camry I dey drive at 27, they wan label me, nah ID card save me.
Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by Richvibes1997: 10:55am On Dec 19, 2021
Bitcoin:
This is eye-opening and a good reminder to always store your bitcoin in a cold wallet. Hopefully they are able to trace the wallet it was sent to but it may be a little too late.
what's cold wallet?
Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by grandstar(m): 10:57am On Dec 19, 2021
propzncribz:
"Working boys" Should always have a side hustle even if they don't take it seriously. What would it cost to snap a few houses and post them online for sale or even short-let? Maybe actually rent out a few properties a month and save the clients number as "client this or that" and If situations like this arises, they have proof to show they work as realtors.

Even if they were angels, they would still have been extorted. Those crooked policemen don't give a damn about what they do for a living.

1 Like

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by Tobest94: 11:00am On Dec 19, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
So the officer transferred 20M worth of bitcoin without your wallet password or key. He transferred to where? No tx id, no prove, nothing, just one made up stories

Sahara reporters well done
you’re a mumu, they said the officers forced them to unlock his phone and they access everything thereafter
Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by oilmane(m): 11:02am On Dec 19, 2021
Aidejay:
Na kill dem go kill me for there ooh!
I'd rather die than hand over my hard earned money to these people.
Once I make up my mind to die like this I will make sure to wreck havoc on any officer I can lay my hands on. Even if na to blind am permanently.

Na who fight and run away nai day live to fight another day, their money go come out and the criminals go loose their job and go jail join
Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by olisaEze(m): 11:06am On Dec 19, 2021
There’s no PR campaign that can change what Nigerians think about the police. Enough with the "not all of them are bad" comments biko, which policeman do u know to be living within their means? Bloody criminals in uniform! angry

2 Likes

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by DjRickyNG: 11:09am On Dec 19, 2021
inoki247:
lol na mumu dey carry him wallet waka...

you know say diz thing na Contraband u dey carry am waka person wey police see BTC wallet for him phone na drug e carry so for police eye or dey assume u ar into fraud automatically....

How are u not able 2 understand a simple write up lyk this?
They were not taken 2 custody because they found a crypto wallet in their phones but because the officers claimed they looked too fresh hence they're yahoo boys. Mind u,the federal government did not barred d citizens from owning,trading & investing in cryptocurrencies. They only ordered d banks to close accounts of people transacting on cryptos.

2 Likes

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by inoki247: 11:12am On Dec 19, 2021
DjRickyNG:

How are u not able 2 understand a simple write up lyk this?
They were not taken 2 custody because they found a crypto wallet in their phones but because the officers claimed they looked too fresh hence they're yahoo boys. Mind u,the federal government did not barred d citizens from owning,trading & investing in cryptocurrencies. They only ordered d banks to close accounts of people transacting on cryptos.

Accepted buh laik diz can dey take the police to court nd tell the judge dat dey were swindled of dere coin....

You people that keep shouting d Govt no say e dey illegal....
Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by olisaEze(m): 11:16am On Dec 19, 2021
propzncribz:
"Working boys" Should always have a side hustle even if they don't take it seriously. What would it cost to snap a few houses and post them online for sale or even short-let? Maybe actually rent out a few properties a month and save the clients number as "client this or that" and If situations like this arises, they have proof to show they work as realtors.

Are u aware that client is just another street slang for an internet fraudster's victim? Those guys were robbed by people who are being paid to protect them, there’s no excuse for what happened to them.

2 Likes

Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by ShaqFu: 11:18am On Dec 19, 2021
Men what nonsense. I think no matter what some police men will never learn. This is the height of gross corruption and indiscipline. I feel bad for those guys.
Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by nuelyoyo(m): 11:28am On Dec 19, 2021
Always hide any Bitcoin wallet/trading app, and bank apps containing huge amount of money.

You can leave a bank App with small money so they can see that one, as not having any bank App on your Android phone can make it look unbelievable to them.
Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by DjRickyNG: 11:29am On Dec 19, 2021
inoki247:

Accepted buh laik diz can dey take the police to court nd tell the judge dat dey were swindled of dere coin....

You people that keep shouting d Govt no say e dey illegal....

As long as it does not require or involve them withdrawing cryptos directly into their local bank accounts or buying with it, YES!
No crypto software would b accessible in Nigeria without d use of VPN if ur opinion was valid.
Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by chudez0147(m): 11:35am On Dec 19, 2021
Aidejay:
Na kill dem go kill me for there ooh!
I'd rather die than hand over my hard earned money to these people.
Once I make up my mind to die like this I will make sure to wreck havoc on any officer I can lay my hands on. Even if na to blind am permanently.
Oga calm down
Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by inoki247: 11:41am On Dec 19, 2021
DjRickyNG:

As long as it does not require or involve them withdrawing cryptos directly into their local bank accounts or buying with it, YES!
No crypto software would b accessible in Nigeria without d use of VPN if ur opinion was valid.

Lol Crypto software as aw or u mean Crypto wallet u don't need any VPN to run all diz Binance, Blockchain even Coinbase...
Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 19, 2021
SKhanmi:

I beg to disagree with your statement, what about freelancers working for foreigners? Website sellers? Currency exchangers? And you can do that with nobody knowing. Even if shown evidence of such jobs & gigs which I will never advise, this policemen just want payment.
Omo allow that lady. From her assertions, you can smell pain and envy...
Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by Wande22(m): 11:50am On Dec 19, 2021
My Advice

Get the contact of at least 2 senior officers in every Military and Para-Military outfits in Naija

Ojo Sunday of Swift Response Squad in Ibadan.... ojo esin e ko ni pe ro (you'll soon meet your Waterloo)
Re: How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos by Baruwaaaaa(m): 11:51am On Dec 19, 2021
This is Nigeria, expect anything

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

We Steal Ogun Prostitutes' Phones And Sell To Lagos Prostitutes - Suspects / Police Brutalize Student In Okene, Force Him To Withdraw N25K At POS (video) / Old Uncle Rapes A 3-Year-Old Girl After Luring Her With Biscuit (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.