Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Is The Devil Powerful? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Devil Powerful? (527 Views)

What Will Become Of Religion If The Devil Repents / Why Do People Blame The Devil Or Others For Their Errors? / Church Members Flog The Devil With Canes In Church (Pics, Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Devil Powerful? by Tomcorp(m): 10:29pm On Dec 18, 2021
Satan's Defeat

Some Christians become fearful whenever the devil or demons are mentioned. They'll even lower their voices to a whisper when talking about them. Others take an opposite stance and feel that it's their responsibility to "wrestle" against principalities and powers. The truth is, neither group really understands the authority Jesus gave them over Satan and his demonic forces. They don't know they don't have to be afraid of the devil or "war" against the forces of darkness.

Jesus defeated Satan through His death at Calvary. During His three days in hell, Jesus conquered the devil and all of his demonic forces. He also took the keys of hell and death from Satan (Rev. 1:18). Before Jesus ascended into Heaven, He transferred His authority over the devil and demonic powers to every believer, not to just a few select Christians or to those called to the five-fold ministry. (See Matt. 28:18–20 and Mark 16:15–18.)

This authority belongs to us whether we realize it or not. Satan doesn't want us to learn about the authority we have over him and will do everything he can to hide this truth from us. He will fight believers more on this subject than on any other truth. If he is able to blind our eyes to our authority, he can easily defeat us in every area of our lives.

Once we know that we have authority over our enemy, it's up to us to exercise or enforce that authority. It doesn't work automatically. Simply knowing that we have authority over Satan is not enough. If we don't use it, we are allowing the devil to dominate us. Only knowledge that is acted upon will bring results.

Because Jesus triumphed over Satan, we don't have to "war" against our enemy. Our combat with the devil should be from the viewpoint that Jesus Christ has already defeated him. Our battle, so to speak is simply enforcing what Christ has already won for us. Satan can't dominate us unless we allow him to. When we realize this and walk in our authority, we will enjoy the reality of what is rightfully ours and face the devil without any fear or hesitancy.

1 Like

Re: Is The Devil Powerful? by Kobojunkie: 11:25pm On Dec 18, 2021
Tomcorp:
Satan's Defeat

1. Some Christians become fearful whenever the devil or demons are mentioned. They'll even lower their voices to a whisper when talking about them. Others take an opposite stance and feel that it's their responsibility to "wrestle" against principalities and powers.

2. The truth is, neither group really understands the authority Jesus gave them over Satan and his demonic forces. They don't know they don't have to be afraid of the devil or "war" against the forces of darkness.

3. Jesus defeated Satan through His death at Calvary. During His three days in hell, Jesus conquered the devil and all of his demonic forces. He also took the keys of hell and death from Satan (Rev. 1:18). Before Jesus ascended into Heaven, He transferred His authority over the devil and demonic powers to every believer, not to just a few select Christians or to those called to the five-fold ministry. (See Matt. 28:18–20 and Mark 16:15–18.)
1. Ignorance as far as what the devil is, is the reason the fear of him. undecided

2. Did Jesus Christ really give anyone authority over Satan or is that a lie culled from the doctrines and traditions of men, which Jesus Christ proclaimed were lies where the Truth of God is concerned? undecided

3. Jesus did not defeat Satan through His death of the cross. Satan never had any real power over Jesus Christ since Jesus Christ , who is God over His followers, easily rebuked him long before His death. Death is God's own curse of mankind - Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22... and in dying and coming back to Death, Jesus Christ overcame the curse that God put on mankind for our sakes. undecided

The devil lives inside of all those who claim to believe in God but remain under the curse. Billions of so-called Christians walking around are children of the devil because in their hearts are lies born of the doctrines and traditions of men, instead of the Truth of God - John 8 vs 31 - 44 undecided
Re: Is The Devil Powerful? by helinues: 5:39am On Dec 19, 2021
Yeah powerful in the minds of brainwashed sheepishs.

1 Like

Re: Is The Devil Powerful? by greencard: 5:51am On Dec 19, 2021
All power belong to JESUS

1 Like

Re: Is The Devil Powerful? by ReacherSaidNoth: 8:37am On Dec 19, 2021
The devil is about as powerful as a comic book villain, I wish you Christians would see that and stop disturbing public peace with your prayers against this imaginary character.
Re: Is The Devil Powerful? by daveP(m): 8:53am On Dec 19, 2021
OP, just a side note

The pic used cam be changed. I dunno if you have issues with devil being depicted as the black man as i do. Just sincerely speaking.
Re: Is The Devil Powerful? by jesusjnr1: 8:54am On Dec 19, 2021
It depends on man.

1 Like

Re: Is The Devil Powerful? by NNTR: 9:11am On Dec 19, 2021
Tomcorp:
Satan's Defeat

Some Christians become fearful whenever the devil or demons are mentioned. They'll even lower their voices to a whisper when talking about them. Others take an opposite stance and feel that it's their responsibility to "wrestle" against principalities and powers. The truth is, neither group really understands the authority Jesus gave them over Satan and his demonic forces. They don't know they don't have to be afraid of the devil or "war" against the forces of darkness.

Jesus defeated Satan through His death at Calvary. During His three days in hell, Jesus conquered the devil and all of his demonic forces. He also took the keys of hell and death from Satan (Rev. 1:18). Before Jesus ascended into Heaven, He transferred His authority over the devil and demonic powers to every believer, not to just a few select Christians or to those called to the five-fold ministry. (See Matt. 28:18–20 and Mark 16:15–18.)

This authority belongs to us whether we realize it or not. Satan doesn't want us to learn about the authority we have over him and will do everything he can to hide this truth from us. He will fight believers more on this subject than on any other truth. If he is able to blind our eyes to our authority, he can easily defeat us in every area of our lives.

Once we know that we have authority over our enemy, it's up to us to exercise or enforce that authority. It doesn't work automatically. Simply knowing that we have authority over Satan is not enough. If we don't use it, we are allowing the devil to dominate us. Only knowledge that is acted upon will bring results.

Because Jesus triumphed over Satan, we don't have to "war" against our enemy. Our combat with the devil should be from the viewpoint that Jesus Christ has already defeated him. Our battle, so to speak is simply enforcing what Christ has already won for us. Satan can't dominate us unless we allow him to. When we realize this and walk in our authority, we will enjoy the reality of what is rightfully ours and face the devil without any fear or hesitancy.
1 John 5:19
We know [for a fact] that we are of God,
and the whole world [around us] lies in the power of the evil one [opposing God and His precepts].

Luke 4:6
And the devil said to Him,
“I will give You all this realm and its glory [its power, its renown];
because it has been handed over to me, and I give it to whomever I wish.

Yes, the Devil is powerful, but is not more powerful than God nor children, daughters, sons, women or men of God

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
Re: Is The Devil Powerful? by Tomcorp(m): 11:20am On Dec 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. Ignorance as far as what the devil is, is the reason the fear of him. undecided

2. Did Jesus Christ really give anyone authority over Satan or is that a lie culled from the doctrines and traditions of men, which Jesus Christ proclaimed were lies where the Truth of God is concerned? undecided

3. Jesus did not defeat Satan through His death of the cross. Satan never had any real power over Jesus Christ since Jesus Christ , who is God over His followers, easily rebuked him long before His death. Death is God's own curse of mankind - Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22... and in dying and coming back to Death, Jesus Christ overcame the curse that God put on mankind for our sakes. undecided

The devil lives inside of all those who claim to believe in God but remain under the curse. Billions of so-called Christians walking around are children of the devil because in their hearts are lies born of the doctrines and traditions of men, instead of the Truth of God - John 8 vs 31 - 44 undecided

After the first point. You just wasted your time writing nonsense from the second point to bottom and your points did not make any sense neither did it make any direction. It is clear you're ignorant about the scriptures so I won't waste time debating with you. I'm guessing you belong to the occult Jehovah Witness or Mormon that's why you don't even know what you're saying. I will advise you go to a good Protestant Biblical school and learn more so your eyes can finally be open. Shalom.
Re: Is The Devil Powerful? by Tomcorp(m): 11:22am On Dec 19, 2021
daveP:
OP, just a side note

The pic used cam be changed. I dunno if you have issues with devil being depicted as the black man as i do. Just sincerely speaking.

Leave petty things aside and focus on the message. It will help you more. Shalom

1 Like

Re: Is The Devil Powerful? by Tomcorp(m): 11:23am On Dec 19, 2021
NNTR:
1 John 5:19
We know [for a fact] that we are of God,
and the whole world [around us] lies in the power of the evil one [opposing God and His precepts].

Luke 4:6
And the devil said to Him,
“I will give You all this realm and its glory [its power, its renown];
because it has been handed over to me, and I give it to whomever I wish.

Yes, is the Devil powerful, but is not more powerful than God nor children, daughters, sons, women or men of God

You still do not understand the gospel. Learn more and dive deeper.
Re: Is The Devil Powerful? by Kobojunkie: 3:18pm On Dec 19, 2021
Tomcorp:
After the first point. You just wasted your time writing nonsense from the second point to bottom and your points did not make any sense neither did it make any direction. It is clear you're ignorant about the scriptures so I won't waste time debating with you. I'm guessing you belong to the occult Jehovah Witness or Mormon that's why you don't even know what you're saying. I will advise you go to a good Protestant Biblical school and learn more so your eyes can finally be open. Shalom.
Again....

Re: Is The Devil Powerful? by NNTR: 3:55pm On Dec 19, 2021
Tomcorp:
[s]You still do not understand the gospel. Learn more and dive deeper.[/s]
Romans 1:15-17
15So, for my part, I am ready and eager to preach the gospel also to you ...
16I am not ashamed of the gospel,
for it is the power of God for salvation [from His wrath and punishment]
to everyone who believes [in Christ as Savior],
to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
17For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed,
both springing from faith and leading to faith [disclosed in a way that awakens more faith].
As it is written and forever remains written, “THE JUST and UPRIGHT SHALL LIVE BY FAITH.”

Argue with 1 John 5:19 and Luke 4:6

Re: Is The Devil Powerful? by Tomcorp(m): 5:30pm On Dec 19, 2021
NNTR:
Romans 1:15-17
15So, for my part, I am ready and eager to preach the gospel also to you ...
16I am not ashamed of the gospel,
for it is the power of God for salvation [from His wrath and punishment]
to everyone who believes [in Christ as Savior],
to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
17For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed,
both springing from faith and leading to faith [disclosed in a way that awakens more faith].
As it is written and forever remains written, “THE JUST and UPRIGHT SHALL LIVE BY FAITH.”

Argue with 1 John 5:19 and Luke 4:6

Learn more. You are still a baby in Christ.
Re: Is The Devil Powerful? by NNTR: 5:50pm On Dec 19, 2021
Tomcorp:
[s]Learn more. You are still a baby in Christ.[/s]
Matthew 11:25
At that time Jesus prayed this prayer:
“O Father, Lord of heaven and earth,
thank you for hiding these things from those who think themselves wise and clever,
and for revealing them to the babes in Christ.

Coal telling snow to learn more to be black, just because coal was told off to argue with 1 John 5:19 and Luke 4:6

Re: Is The Devil Powerful? by Tomcorp(m): 6:51pm On Dec 19, 2021
NNTR:
Matthew 11:25
At that time Jesus prayed this prayer:
“O Father, Lord of heaven and earth,
thank you for hiding these things from those who think themselves wise and clever,
and for revealing them to the babes in Christ.

Coal telling snow to learn more to be black, just because coal was told off to argue with 1 John 5:19 and Luke 4:6

Learn more and dive deeper. You're a baby in Christ.
Re: Is The Devil Powerful? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:58pm On Dec 19, 2021
When will you guys wake up from this artistic impressions of holiness to be portrayed as a white man while the black man represents evil? smiley
Re: Is The Devil Powerful? by Truvelisback(m): 7:15pm On Dec 19, 2021
The Devil is powerful but he is not as powerful as his Maker.

1 Like

Re: Is The Devil Powerful? by NNTR: 12:16am On Dec 20, 2021
Tomcorp:
[s]Learn more and dive deeper. You're a baby in Christ.[/s]
Psalm 8:2
Out of the mouth of babies and infants, you have established strength
because of your foes, to still the enemy and the avenger.

Well isn’t that the tent, telling the pyramid, to learn more and dive deeper to be pointy.

loll, the question was 'Is The Devil Powerful?' but it can only be a foetus, that has a problem with my comment that said 'Yes, the Devil is powerful, but is not more powerful than God nor children, daughters, sons, women or men of God' which is just a similar answer to what Truvelisback has written that 'The Devil is powerful but he is not as powerful as his Maker'

After you have re-read the comments, write back a line of apology for your puerile petulance. Thank You

Re: Is The Devil Powerful? by Tomcorp(m): 2:12am On Dec 20, 2021
NNTR:
Psalm 8:2
Out of the mouth of babies and infants, you have established strength
because of your foes, to still the enemy and the avenger.

Well isn’t that the tent, telling the pyramid, to learn more and dive deeper to be pointy.

loll, the question was 'Is The Devil Powerful?' but it can only be a foetus, that has a problem with my comment that said 'Yes, the Devil is powerful, but is not more powerful than God nor children, daughters, sons, women or men of God' which is just a similar answer to what Truvelisback has written that 'The Devil is powerful but he is not as powerful as his Maker'

After you have re-read the comments, write back a line of apology for your puerile petulance. Thank You

Dive deeper and research more. You are still a baby in Christ.
Re: Is The Devil Powerful? by NNTR: 2:26am On Dec 20, 2021
Tomcorp:
[s]Dive deeper and research more. You are still a baby in Christ.[/s]
Dive deeper and research more so to get creative and grow up, instead of behaving like a broken record and repeating a well worn tired out one liner.

For your information, nothing new under the sun and more the reason that I wear being 'still a baby in Christ' with pride. Now as for you, you're nothing, other than, less a foetus, loll.

Re: Is The Devil Powerful? by Tomcorp(m): 8:58am On Dec 20, 2021
NNTR:
Dive deeper and research more so to get creative and grow up, instead of behaving like a broken record and repeating a well worn tired out one liner.

For your information, nothing new under the sun and more the reason that I wear being 'still a baby in Christ' with pride. Now as for you, you're nothing, other than, less a foetus, loll.

Jehovah Witness go to a good Protestant Church and dive deeper. You will learn more.
Re: Is The Devil Powerful? by NNTR: 10:16am On Dec 20, 2021
Tomcorp:
[s]Jehovah Witness go to a good Protestant Church and dive deeper. You will learn more.[/s]
You missed the memo, about, there is no denomination nor sect in the kingdom, loll.

Re: Is The Devil Powerful? by orisa37: 6:34pm On Dec 20, 2021
Devil is not Powerful but very Wicked. It's doing it's Job wonderfully.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Breaking!!! The Chief Executive Officer Of Christ Embassy Church Gave Out 50 Car / No Matter How Great You Are, Hater’s G’wan Hate. Don't Let Fear Stop You. / World’s Largest Auditorium: US Commission Sends Delegation To Dunamis Glory Dome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.