Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,487 members, 7,850,689 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:22 AM

One Of The 17 Flyovers Constructed By Umahi In Ebonyi State (Photos) - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / One Of The 17 Flyovers Constructed By Umahi In Ebonyi State (Photos) (43264 Views)

Aerial View Of The Aguiyi Ironsi Road Constructed By Alex Otti / Before And After Pictures Of Some Aba Roads Constructed By Alex Otti / Muhammadu Buhari International Airport In Ebonyi Constructed By Governor Umahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Of The 17 Flyovers Constructed By Umahi In Ebonyi State (Photos) by oodua1stson: 3:19am On Dec 21, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Where did I say they must be under the Government? I said job Creation must be a priority. The massive investment must be for the growth of jobs.

For instant, cutting taxes, providing subsidies. Providing grants, etc. Invest in job Creation. Support businesses. Providing training schemes etc.

Partnering with companies for their growth.

Job Creation should be a priority.
you’re the master of blind arguments.
Re: One Of The 17 Flyovers Constructed By Umahi In Ebonyi State (Photos) by Tomek09(m): 6:16am On Dec 21, 2021
Myexdisturbs:

I'm an Afonjaaaa but I totally agree with you cool
U are an Afonja?
Re: One Of The 17 Flyovers Constructed By Umahi In Ebonyi State (Photos) by Tomek09(m): 6:20am On Dec 21, 2021
BigDawsNet:
Are you guys not worried?

Pumping billions of dollars on flyovers

How much will a flyovers generates for a state
Of how many graduate and non graduate will be employed to work as a flyovers Officer?...

Think ham well!...
Raw materials for project execution is already in the State. Umahi spent far less in all infrastructures across Ebonyi State.
Re: One Of The 17 Flyovers Constructed By Umahi In Ebonyi State (Photos) by Tomek09(m): 6:25am On Dec 21, 2021
[s]
Landmack:
When is Umahi going to recall all his Ebonyi touts,wheelbarrowers,hawkers and cultists flooding Anambra? He needs to do that quickly. Anambra is overwhelmed

He cannot be building such edifices and the state will still be empty...human capital absent!
[/s]
Useless comment. Ezi
Re: One Of The 17 Flyovers Constructed By Umahi In Ebonyi State (Photos) by Tomek09(m): 6:26am On Dec 21, 2021
Awkabigboy:

We are not the reason osun airport is still a thick forest, go harvest your village people skull
Those skull miners and human organ traffickers from SW are shameless and troublesome. Ignore them bro.
Re: One Of The 17 Flyovers Constructed By Umahi In Ebonyi State (Photos) by Tomek09(m): 6:30am On Dec 21, 2021
BigDawsNet:

You have no manner bro... Who told you I'm from southwest...

That is why the country will never work .. a citizen criticizing other citizens personality, tribe and culture...
Lol.....you don dey beg.
Re: One Of The 17 Flyovers Constructed By Umahi In Ebonyi State (Photos) by Tomek09(m): 6:31am On Dec 21, 2021
[s]
Landmack:
ediotic cannibal. Have u finish feasting on the policemen that collected ur 1k? U call ur sef a big boy toy but you opened a thread because of 1k. Nonsense and yahoo boy
Afonja skull miner and brown roof dweller.
Re: One Of The 17 Flyovers Constructed By Umahi In Ebonyi State (Photos) by Tomek09(m): 6:35am On Dec 21, 2021
greatnesx:
17 shocked shocked shocked...only four uncompleted pillars my governor erected he's already campaigning and wasting scarce state funds to become president...

Don't even know who is deceiving him
Yahaya,yahaya,yahaya how many times I call you,come and see your mate umahi
Kogi and Benue are two most useless state in Nigeria with annoying high rate of HIV infected persons.
Re: One Of The 17 Flyovers Constructed By Umahi In Ebonyi State (Photos) by BigDawsNet: 6:37am On Dec 21, 2021
Tomek09:

Lol.....you don dey beg.

Beg about what exactly...

You can't start judging people here.. you don't even know my tribe...

Not everyone is afonja.. and you even calling them skull miner makes no sense...it's just silly

Ya gaziere gị taa
Re: One Of The 17 Flyovers Constructed By Umahi In Ebonyi State (Photos) by donmik: 7:10am On Dec 21, 2021
He d try. Give Caesar what belongs to him.

Just wish he diversifies into Agriculture, Education, power and health too.

Well done, our proposed vice president without a president in my own view�
Re: One Of The 17 Flyovers Constructed By Umahi In Ebonyi State (Photos) by Rupertek: 8:31am On Dec 21, 2021
Mystic216:
Umahi and Obiano are the best governors in entire south

Obiano? Is your head correct at all? Because he did an airport? Umahi too did an airport, a University, these 17 flyovers, Modern teaching hospital, so many concrete roads. Can you show me what else Obiano did apart from that airport
Re: One Of The 17 Flyovers Constructed By Umahi In Ebonyi State (Photos) by Rupertek: 8:32am On Dec 21, 2021
Tomek09:

Raw materials for project execution is already in the State. Umahi spent far less in all infrastructures across Ebonyi State.

Which raw material is in the state?
Re: One Of The 17 Flyovers Constructed By Umahi In Ebonyi State (Photos) by dafuturis(m): 8:39am On Dec 21, 2021
Yet Imo can not erect one at Assumpta
Shameful!
Re: One Of The 17 Flyovers Constructed By Umahi In Ebonyi State (Photos) by dafuturis(m): 9:00am On Dec 21, 2021
MadamExcellency:

Ebonyi State got no government staff from any other Southeast State while other Southeast State have thousands of Ebonyi Staff in their pay roll.

Imo State has monthly wage bill of N2.6 billion, Abia State has N2.5 billion while Ebonyi State has only N900 million.

Ebonyi State got excess of N18 billion from wage bill to invest in infrastructure per annum. It's not magic, is just luck.

Its not luck either, its accountability and integrity. Who are Imo and Ebonyi paying 2.6b and 2.5b? when none is always available at their secretariat. Ghost workers is your answer
Re: One Of The 17 Flyovers Constructed By Umahi In Ebonyi State (Photos) by Tomek09(m): 9:23am On Dec 21, 2021
Rupertek:

Which raw material is in the state?
Limestone
Granite
Bauxite
Iron ore
Zinc
Re: One Of The 17 Flyovers Constructed By Umahi In Ebonyi State (Photos) by Mystic216: 10:36am On Dec 21, 2021
Rupertek:

Obiano? Is your head correct at all? Because he did an airport? Umahi too did an airport, a University, these 17 flyovers, Modern teaching hospital, so many concrete roads. Can you show me what else Obiano did apart from that airport
Which state are you from?
Re: One Of The 17 Flyovers Constructed By Umahi In Ebonyi State (Photos) by achi4u(m): 10:57am On Dec 21, 2021
michlins:
have you been to a place like Nnewi or Onitsha?

There are needs for expanded road and flyovers but none were done when the government was supposed to do them. Right now, people have built into the roads and no civilian government can do what is supposed to. So what I think the government is doing is to put those infrastructure in place before people of his states get rich enough to start building.

And this time, they're going to build with a master plan
Thegoodjoe I think this guy have answered ur questions.

And please stop getting worked up, we the Ebonyians are very happy with what Dave is doing.
I read all you have being saying and I found you been too envious.

Tell us your state?
Re: One Of The 17 Flyovers Constructed By Umahi In Ebonyi State (Photos) by achi4u(m): 10:59am On Dec 21, 2021
paramakina202:

He built roads,Fly Overs,Teaching hospital,Housing,Building Airport,University etc...what then is development?
What about past governors that did nothing?
Add Olympic stadium and other numerous projects
Re: One Of The 17 Flyovers Constructed By Umahi In Ebonyi State (Photos) by achi4u(m): 11:08am On Dec 21, 2021
MadamExcellency:

Ebonyi State got no government staff from any other Southeast State while other Southeast State have thousands of Ebonyi Staff in their pay roll.

Imo State has monthly wage bill of N2.6 billion, Abia State has N2.5 billion while Ebonyi State has only N900 million.

Ebonyi State got excess of N18 billion from wage bill to invest in infrastructure per annum. It's not magic, is just luck.
Thank you.
Dave is the 'thesmartthinker' here.
Re: One Of The 17 Flyovers Constructed By Umahi In Ebonyi State (Photos) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:23am On Dec 21, 2021
achi4u:
Thegoodjoe I think this guy have answered ur questions.

And please stop getting worked up, we the Ebonyians are very happy with what Dave is doing.
I read all you have being saying and I found you been too envious.

Tell us your state?

I was born and bred in Port Harcourt but from Akwa Ibom State.
Re: One Of The 17 Flyovers Constructed By Umahi In Ebonyi State (Photos) by Awaja(m): 11:36am On Dec 21, 2021
He's the next governor of Abia state
Re: One Of The 17 Flyovers Constructed By Umahi In Ebonyi State (Photos) by achi4u(m): 11:50am On Dec 21, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

I was born and bred in Port Harcourt but from Akwa Ibom State.
ok
When Emmanuel Uduagan was busy developing Akwa-Ibom every one of us were happy.
We want all-round development.
Re: One Of The 17 Flyovers Constructed By Umahi In Ebonyi State (Photos) by achi4u(m): 1:40am On Dec 22, 2021
Abagworo:
Ebonyi State has no need for 5 flyovers not to talk of 17. I must commend Umahi for not using all these funds to buy houses in Dubai, London and Houston like his contemporaries but then it is equally a waste. The number of Ebonyi youths jumping and racing hawking in traffic should be a problem for the Governor more than flyovers. Many of those youths already know what to trade but lack capital to actualize their dreams and a little trust fund from 10 out of the 17 flyovers could have helped at least 4000 of them with over 1 million Naira as start up capital. The roads are enough
I've known you for closed to ten+ years, you are niether good nor bad, at least better than that Chino of a guy, but let me quickly remained you that govt don't share money to the public but to create an enabling atmosphere for everything to thrive.
Abagworo because I followed saved you during the Chino era
Re: One Of The 17 Flyovers Constructed By Umahi In Ebonyi State (Photos) by THMT: 10:53am On Dec 22, 2021
Been squeezing my face like some one who tasted garlic mixed with lime and ginger.

Good as it may look but fly overs shouldn’t be a yardstick for measuring good governance.
Quality economic growth, high employment percentage and job creation should be the main deal.

Still far better than many states in Nigeria IMO though.

Nosayer:

I don't think we should be bothered about whether he got the money or not. The question should be "why is construction of flyovers the recent standard of good governance and infrastructural development in Nigeria?"

1 Like

Re: One Of The 17 Flyovers Constructed By Umahi In Ebonyi State (Photos) by Nosayer: 1:41pm On Dec 22, 2021
THMT:
Been squeezing my face like some one who tasted garlic mixed with lime and ginger.

Good as it may look but fly overs shouldn’t be a yardstick for measuring good governance.
Quality economic growth, high employment percentage and job creation should be the main deal.

Still far better than many states in Nigeria IMO though.

Not saying the governor is not doing anything.
But when they notice too much commendations because of bridges, they might think that's all they need to do to secure two terms in office.

1 Like

Re: One Of The 17 Flyovers Constructed By Umahi In Ebonyi State (Photos) by THMT: 9:25am On Dec 23, 2021
We are on the same page. I agree with you, they can and should do better.

Nosayer:

Not saying the governor is not doing anything.
But when they notice too much commendations because of bridges, they might think that's all they need to do to secure two terms in office.

Re: One Of The 17 Flyovers Constructed By Umahi In Ebonyi State (Photos) by Permesso: 9:18pm On Dec 23, 2021
Wisdomkosi:
One Of The 17 Flyovers Constructed By Gov. Umahi in Ebonyi State (Photos) | #IgbereTV

By Francis Nwaze

This flyover is one of the 17 flyovers that has been constructed by the present administration under the leadership of Engr. David Umahi in Ebonyi State.

Something spectacular about this flyover is that it is not located in the capital city of Ebonyi State, yet it this classy and enticing.

For the past few weeks, Ebonyi State's capital city has been experiencing traffic jams as a result of an influx of investors, contractors, job seekers, adventurers, students, etc. for the reason of the uncommon transformation that has happened in the state in the past six years and a fertile ground for investment, education, job opportunities and more. I particularly observed that Governor Umahi is indeed a man who saw the future, Ebonyi's future, the future of the fastest developing state across the country, he saw this and began to prepare before the time, the time that Ebonyi will become visible in the world map. He began to install good roads, connecting the roads with beautiful fountains in the roundabouts and installing the classy decongesting flyovers across the lengths and breaths of where he anticipated may have a traffic jam if allowed to remain in the originality.

A lot has happened in the period under discussion but I elect to leave it for another day but one factual thing you cannot take away from Governor Umahi is his ability to correctly predict what the future holds, of course, we can confirm that he is on a divine mission, judging from his antecedents. You cannot take his love for humanity, his doggedness, and his commitment to ensuring that dividends of democracy cut across all.

Umahi has written his name in gold and will always be remembered.

Source : https://igberetvnews.com/1409758/one-17-flyovers-constructed-gov-umahi-ebonyi-state-photos/

Flyover is good to librate Traffic but it has less impact on economy. Just imagine if it were to be 17 medium or larga scale industries. Checkout it mass employment numbers and it impact on her GDP,IGR etc. Ebonyi is not that busy on roads unless Keke and Okada riders
But i must commend the man as he manages the little resources to do big projects.

1 Like

Re: One Of The 17 Flyovers Constructed By Umahi In Ebonyi State (Photos) by naijainform: 5:46am On Dec 24, 2021
Nosayer:

I'm not even living in Ebonyi and neither am I living in the mercy of any public official but if you're in government, you better have good ideas of governing or else you'd be heavily criticised.

If you're a family member of his and you're pained because I said flyovers are not enough, you can tell him to resign.

Tell Buhari to resign, who told you its just fly over? Go and see the standard of roads in Ebonyi both urban and rural areas. Let Abia state Governor do so.

1 Like

Re: One Of The 17 Flyovers Constructed By Umahi In Ebonyi State (Photos) by Nosayer: 6:29am On Dec 24, 2021
naijainform:

Tell Buhari to resign, who told you its just fly over? Go and see the standard of roads in Ebonyi both urban and rural areas. Let Abia state Governor do so.

We're not talking about Buhari nau and if it's Buhari, he should have resigned a hundred times over. God forbid Nigeria should have someone 1% close to Buhari again.

Does speaking against Umahi equates to being on the side of Buhari? Nigerians are people that hate being defended sha
Re: One Of The 17 Flyovers Constructed By Umahi In Ebonyi State (Photos) by anselem87(m): 10:33am On Dec 24, 2021
Abagworo:
Ebonyi State has no need for 5 flyovers not to talk of 17. I must commend Umahi for not using all these funds to buy houses in Dubai, London and Houston like his contemporaries but then it is equally a waste. The number of Ebonyi youths jumping and racing hawking in traffic should be a problem for the Governor more than flyovers. Many of those youths already know what to trade but lack capital to actualize their dreams and a little trust fund from 10 out of the 17 flyovers could have helped at least 4000 of them with over 1 million Naira as start up capital. The roads are enough
how many did rochas constructed in eight years

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Air India Plane Crashes In Kerala After Skidding Off The Runway / Car Falls Inside Asejire Dam Along Ikire-ibadan Expressway Today / The Lagos Corper Knocked Down By Danfo Driver Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.