Stats: 3,154,559 members, 7,823,457 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin (18132 Views)

Malami Begins Probe Into Reported Fraudulent Sale Of FG's Recovered Assets / Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate / Sanwo-olu Visits Scene Of Abule Ado Explosions, Orders Investigation (2) (3) (4)

Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by Techibi6777: 7:19pm On Dec 20, 2021
Yes
Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by xewid41829: 7:19pm On Dec 20, 2021
At last
Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by Laeroy(f): 7:19pm On Dec 20, 2021
At the end of the day, the investigation would be swept under the carpet.
Recently , my friend was accosted on his way to the airport, because he had a binance app on his fone, he was asked to pay a sum of 180k via cash deposit to set himself free .
I do not know when having a binance app becomes illegal in Nigeria.

Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by Supervisor22: 7:20pm On Dec 20, 2021
So they have gone digital too. Thieves with guns
Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by specialmati(m): 7:20pm On Dec 20, 2021
post=108672068:
Seconded
We must get to the root of this matter.
We personally contacted the Force to look into this.
We are glad to see they acted swift.

Nigeria will be great again in our lifetime.
grin grin grin this new you is better ooh may this good thing that happen to you be extend to the rest of the zombies

Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by bencarson007(m): 7:20pm On Dec 20, 2021
Just imagine want these officers are doing to people they are supposed to protect... Thieves in uniform

Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by Ghostmode2two(m): 7:20pm On Dec 20, 2021
All na wash
Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by Handsum64: 7:20pm On Dec 20, 2021
Pretenders
Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by virginchaser(m): 7:21pm On Dec 20, 2021
Whoever has same experience should come up and SOROSOKE now.

Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by gentleman82: 7:22pm On Dec 20, 2021
Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by Unigrad: 7:27pm On Dec 20, 2021
Where are the outcome of other investigations?
All I hear are investigations but the outside of the investigations are never made to the public.
Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by MARKone(m): 7:27pm On Dec 20, 2021
As this one na bitcoin, how will they be able to track it. The police investigators will still chop the "Realtors" more cheesy

Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by Nobody: 7:28pm On Dec 20, 2021
Have the police ever come out with satisfying findings and prosecution of past Indicted police men?Is it not the same media trial and at the end nothing will happen?What have they done to abba kyari?

Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by brain54(m): 7:28pm On Dec 20, 2021
Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 20, 2021
Hangmnk:
IPOB terrorists
bst
Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:30pm On Dec 20, 2021
Nigerian police wants every young man in Lekki, Ajah to be either trekking or boarding public vehicle.
Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 20, 2021
xewid41829:
At last
Wetin happened to abba kyari the super crook?
Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by casppyjay: 7:31pm On Dec 20, 2021
hedonido:
Toor.

These small boys need to learn how to stand their ground and REFUSE to give their phones to any bastard policeman that orders them to do so. I don't know how hard this can be. If they try to arrest you, STAND YOUR GROUND and refuse to be taken away from that spot.

I mean, how hard can it be to stand your ground in a public place like Lekki-Ikoyi Link, in broad daylight?

I can understand being afraid if it is midnight on one lonely bush side road, but not on a busy road....

As long as it is these random roadside extortion attempts, never agree to hand your phone, and never agree to follow them to their smelly station. The fact that you're there in the open, on a public/busy road in daylight is your best defence. Die there. You will not die, because they will not shoot you. It's all gimmicks to instill fear. But they are more afraid than you.
naija nor be Texas nor stand ur ground ooo if not na d fear fear people go las las stand over u..

Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by seyz91(m): 7:32pm On Dec 20, 2021
You dey mind them cheesy
DropsMic:
Just like they investigated Ababa Kyari ba
Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by seyz91(m): 7:35pm On Dec 20, 2021
Are you sure?

Be like say you no face them intimidation or never harras you during Sars existence

Those black devil with guns no get joy ooo

Dem go kill you first if you drag am with them and they face their consequences later and they always lie that something on you maybe gun or drug or something to lie that its the reason they had to shoot

Its best advisable never to drag with any police man
hedonido:
Toor.

These small boys need to learn how to stand their ground and REFUSE to give their phones to any bastard policeman that orders them to do so. I don't know how hard this can be. If they try to arrest you, STAND YOUR GROUND and refuse to be taken away from that spot.

I mean, how hard can it be to stand your ground in a public place like Lekki-Ikoyi Link, in broad daylight?

I can understand being afraid if it is midnight on one lonely bush side road, but not on a busy road....

As long as it is these random roadside extortion attempts, never agree to hand your phone, and never agree to follow them to their smelly station. The fact that you're there in the open, on a public/busy road in daylight is your best defence. Die there. You will not die, because they will not shoot you. It's all gimmicks to instill fear. But they are more afraid than you.

Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by silibaba: 7:36pm On Dec 20, 2021
Xscape1993:
It is always well.

It is well
Even in the well cool
Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by ArticleBeast: 7:37pm On Dec 20, 2021
post=108672068:
Seconded
We must get to the root of this matter.
We personally contacted the Force to look into this.
We are glad to see they acted swift.

Nigeria will be great again in our lifetime.

If dem Investigate, una go come up with bs,
If dem no do, una go still cry.
#Confusion
Who do una laidis nah
Who is the we

Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by oglalasioux(m): 7:38pm On Dec 20, 2021
As I've always said, the Nigeria Police Force is full of criminals who see the uniform as a shield. They bribe their way into the force and perpetrate high levels of corruption and criminality in our society under the uniform and gun issued to them. Thankfully there's an IGP that takes no nonsense.

Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by oglalasioux(m): 7:40pm On Dec 20, 2021
seyz91:
Are you sure?

Be like say you no face them intimidation or never harras you during Sars existence

Those black devil with guns no get joy ooo

Dem go kill you first if you drag am with them and they face their consequencd later and they always lie that something on you maybe gun or drug or something to lie that its the reason they had to shoot

Its best advisable never to drag with any police man

You are wise. The most foolish thing is trying to reason with a Nigerian police personnel.

Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by nnamdi640: 7:40pm On Dec 20, 2021
Hangmnk:
IPOB terrorists
I know Ipob is your own nightmare, please just calm down.
Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by gazza07(m): 7:41pm On Dec 20, 2021
The panel wants their own share too, this case won't see light of the day.
Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by Carparts888(m): 7:41pm On Dec 20, 2021
The power of social media has exposed a lot of atrocities by the rotten law enforcement officers.
Anyone that has anything to do in a police post/division/command/annex/headquarters will notice they won't let u take your phone in unless your direct guest/family of the officer in charge or a very high personality e.g law maker, government personnel, VIP personnel etc.
This is a good development. I would like the IGP to make it compulsory for police on duty to wear bodycam so their activities on the field is being recorded and this will also make them conduct themselves in a disciplined manner.

Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by ogododo: 7:45pm On Dec 20, 2021
Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by ipobarethieves: 7:49pm On Dec 20, 2021
sad very Good.Dey should HANG those useless Biafra police
Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by church123: 7:55pm On Dec 20, 2021
[quote author=NLPoliceWoman post=108672129]I love this personally.
These are the bad ones giving we police a bad name.[/quot
Nawa oooo
Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by Jamesterman: 8:10pm On Dec 20, 2021
Justinlean02:
This one na serious gbege for the officers, but note...

The FG, EFCC, NPL, NA and other force or government agency thinking that wealth gotten from Bitcoin is worth this hassle. Then they're in for a long thing for Blockchain technology is here to stay. NFT wealth and web3 is the future that will make them go crazy.

Check out my signature if you want to start learning and positioning for the NFT guide
Hey brother, I'm really interested in this. How can I get started please?

Buhari To Attend G7 Summit / Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2016)! / Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court