Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin (18129 Views)

Malami Begins Probe Into Reported Fraudulent Sale Of FG's Recovered Assets / Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate / Sanwo-olu Visits Scene Of Abule Ado Explosions, Orders Investigation (2) (3) (4)

Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by solarpanel33(m): 8:10pm On Dec 20, 2021
lets partner to success and keep Nigeria moving Forward!
Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by Ffhh: 8:11pm On Dec 20, 2021
Oh
Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by Justinlean02(m): 8:24pm On Dec 20, 2021
Jamesterman:
Hey brother, I'm really interested in this. How can I get started please?
get the guide if you can. It's gonna add value to your life
Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by nextstep(m): 9:00pm On Dec 20, 2021
Investigating to collect their share.

When IGP was a corporal or sergeant mounting roadblocks in 80's and 90's he no collect? So what are we talking? angry

But I pray the cough up that money and spend jail time sha.
Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by euniselfyahoo: 9:29pm On Dec 20, 2021
If justice is not given, I can see END POLICE protest.

Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by GetMeRight: 9:45pm On Dec 20, 2021
DropsMic:
Just like they investigated Ababa Kyari ba

What was his offence again because it's like I can't remember?
Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by Brushless: 9:49pm On Dec 20, 2021
hedonido:
Toor.

These small boys need to learn how to stand their ground and REFUSE to give their phones to any bastard policeman that orders them to do so. I don't know how hard this can be. If they try to arrest you, STAND YOUR GROUND and refuse to be taken away from that spot.

I mean, how hard can it be to stand your ground in a public place like Lekki-Ikoyi Link, in broad daylight?

I can understand being afraid if it is midnight on one lonely bush side road, but not on a busy road....

As long as it is these random roadside extortion attempts, never agree to hand your phone, and never agree to follow them to their smelly station. The fact that you're there in the open, on a public/busy road in daylight is your best defence. Die there. You will not die, because they will not shoot you. It's all gimmicks to instill fear. But they are more afraid than you.
I am sure, you have never been confronted by Police with guns, if you have, you will know fear, even when you are on your right. People you think would just be looking at you as if you have just robbed them and some may even be gaoding the Police to clear you out quickly. That is Nigeria, nobody is their brother's keeper.

Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by DropsMic(m): 10:02pm On Dec 20, 2021
GetMeRight:

What was his offence again because it's like I can't remember?

He sewed some clothes for Hushpuppi
Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by Nobody: 10:44pm On Dec 20, 2021
Do you think we have police,
Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by Nobody: 10:44pm On Dec 20, 2021
Do you think we have police I believe in Amotekun than Nigerian Police,

Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by Ihuomanice1(f): 10:51pm On Dec 20, 2021
Trash stories

Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by OMEGA009(m): 11:11pm On Dec 20, 2021
I might be against the tide but I don’t totally believe this story.

For starters, Police Officers from the rank of Inspectors do not wear their force numbers on their chest. Only surname and sometimes, middle names or initials. How did the complainant get the full name and even the force number of the said DSP Nwawe?

I mean, they only got the name of “Osas” but they got the full information of the said DSP Nwawe? Down to her force number? Isn’t it fishy?

I did some background check on the said DSP Nwawe and I found out that she’s a British trained lawyer for many years who only joined the Nigerian Police after her husband was gunned down by armed robbers who were robbing a bank.

She is said to have been born in Zaria but is from Delta state and has held PPRO posts in 2 states during her barely 11 years career. Now, does that sound like someone who’ll order an extrajudicial killing over a bribe?

Where was DCP Adegbite when Supercop Abba Kyari was indicted? Shebi he was Director of Operations in EFCC. Who else is better in tracing the alleged funds between Hushpuppi and Kyari?

So many questions beg answers but I still smell a rat.
Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by chariiks(m): 1:19am On Dec 21, 2021
Justinlean02:
This one na serious gbege for the officers, but note...

The FG, EFCC, NPL, NA and other force or government agency thinking that wealth gotten from Bitcoin is worth this hassle. Then they're in for a long thing for Blockchain technology is here to stay. NFT wealth and web3 is the future that will make them go crazy.
Check out my signature if you want to start learning and positioning for the NFT guide
I interested in NFT. How do I get started
Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by Teaser4(m): 1:26am On Dec 21, 2021
OMEGA009:

For starters, Police Officers from the rank of Inspectors do not wear their force numbers on their chest. Only surname and sometimes, middle names or initials. How did the complainant get the full name and even the force number of the said DSP Nwawe?

I mean, they only got the name of “Osas” but they got the full information of the said DSP Nwawe? Down to her force number? Isn’t it fishy?

I did some background check on the said DSP Nwawe and I found out that she’s a British trained lawyer for many years who only joined the Nigerian Police after her husband was gunned down by armed robbers who were robbing a bank.

She is said to have been born in Zaria but is from Delta state and has held PPRO posts in 2 states during her barely 11 years career. Now, does that sound like someone who’ll order an extrajudicial killing over a bribe?

Where was DCP Adegbite when Supercop Abba Kyari was indicted? Shebi he was Director of Operations in EFCC. Who else is better in tracing the alleged funds between Hushpuppi and Kyari?

you gonna be the next target, then we’ll read your story on nl and wonder why a cop from Harvard shot your black a$$ mor0n

Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by smallsmall: 1:28am On Dec 21, 2021
Zico5:
Head must roll. Somebody is losing job sooner or later. I don't know why it's difficult for these police to do away with extortion. Many of them have made covenant with the devil never to do good in life. Despite what majority of them faced during endears, they are still neck deep in such act. I don't blame them. Nothing is normal I'm Nigeria again. We have taken it as normal routine.

I have serious doubts, about the Police investigating itself or one of its own.
History tells us that Corruption/Extortion in the NPF is systemic, right from the top to the least recruit.
But let us give Adegbite a chance to prove us wrong.

What pains me most is how these Policemen will just take somebody's life, for a flimsy reason as not giving them bribe or refusing to be extorted. They have zero respect for the same human life they swore to protect, *Scumbags*.
How is the Nigerian Policeman different from the terrorist Bandits, with what they do?
Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by Slymonster(m): 5:19am On Dec 21, 2021
Only because this went viral they are doing investigation. The FCID alagbon have been notorious for this for awhile. Different stories of extortion but because this money is huge,they finally decided to investigation.

Always two or three men on plain shirt and one on police uniform doing this extortion work around lekki to ajah.
Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by GetMeRight: 7:26am On Dec 21, 2021
DropsMic:

He sewed some clothes for Hushpuppi

That's right. What a crime!
Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by GetMeRight: 7:30am On Dec 21, 2021
OMEGA009:

What is fishy about someone doing his or her homework diligently? When you're extorted of such amount, you will do your underground work too. Incident happened some months ago, not yesterday.

Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by Greenvaiper: 8:08am On Dec 21, 2021
[s]NLPoliceWoman:
I love this personally.
These are the bad ones giving we police a bad name[/s].

Keep quiet
Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 21, 2021
I see alot of people who willingly give police N1,000 or N500 on checkpoints, to commend them on their jobs.

Is that one not enough?

You just extort people millions because you have a uniform and gun.
Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by Dapson73(m): 9:47am On Dec 21, 2021
Freestainworld:
This investigation will end when Buhari leaves office

What a ridiculous country? So, the investigation can linger to 2023. I weep for this country.
Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by allahIsAnIDOL: 9:54am On Dec 21, 2021
hedonido:
Toor.

These small boys need to learn how to stand their ground and REFUSE to give their phones to any bastard policeman that orders them to do so. I don't know how hard this can be. If they try to arrest you, STAND YOUR GROUND and refuse to be taken away from that spot.

I mean, how hard can it be to stand your ground in a public place like Lekki-Ikoyi Link, in broad daylight?

I can understand being afraid if it is midnight on one lonely bush side road, but not on a busy road....

As long as it is these random roadside extortion attempts, never agree to hand your phone, and never agree to follow them to their smelly station. The fact that you're there in the open, on a public/busy road in daylight is your best defence. Die there. You will not die, because they will not shoot you. It's all gimmicks to instill fear. But they are more afraid than you.

They'll just shoot you sara
Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by Justinlean02(m): 9:58am On Dec 21, 2021
chariiks:

I interested in NFT. How do I get started
If you can afford it, buy the guide on my signature. That's a perfect place to start we've got a community of newbies on Discord and we help each advance our knowledge and expertise
Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by chariiks(m): 11:11am On Dec 21, 2021
Justinlean02:
If you can afford it, buy the guide on my signature. That's a perfect place to start we've got a community of newbies on Discord and we help each advance our knowledge and expertise

Sorry I have been hearing my signature, I don’t know about it
Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by hobyner(m): 11:15am On Dec 21, 2021
N22 million wey dey don spend finish, na Christmas season we dey o.
Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by Oshodipikin: 1:44pm On Dec 21, 2021
It sounds like Aninih ordered investigation into Haliburton scandal.
Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by Pointnoire(m): 3:19am On Dec 22, 2021
She read law in ABU Zaria being a PPRO makes her more visible, I personally can't put anything past Nigeria Police

OMEGA009:

Re: Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin by Justinlean02(m): 1:42am On Dec 26, 2021
chariiks:

Sorry I have been hearing my signature, I don’t know about it
Text me on WhatsApp +2347036948680

Calm Returns To Maiduguri As Soldiers, Civilian-JTF Foil Boko Haram Attack / Lere Olayinka Replies Fayemi On Probe: 'Start Your Probe Now, We’re Not Afraid' / Ireti Kingibe: MKO Abiola Abandoned My Husband - Kingibe’s Wife

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52