Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,557 members, 7,823,448 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Medical Students, Is It True Neglected People Can't Cope In Medicine? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Medical Students, Is It True Neglected People Can't Cope In Medicine? (594 Views)

Udeh Chiamaka Victoria Graduates With First Class In Medicine In Russia / Chidi Chike Achebe Bags Award In Medicine And Science At US College (Photo) / Favour Adenuga & Goodnews Johnson, First Class Students In Medicine, ABU Zaria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Medical Students, Is It True Neglected People Can't Cope In Medicine? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Dec 20, 2021
So I have heard from a medical student and a career counselor that if you are not from a loving family that shows support and care don't venture into medicine. Like you know those kind of households where they don't care about or give a hoot about each other that such a one should not venture into medicine. Because time will come where you'll need morale support of family members and if you don't have this support system you might throw in the towel that such a person will be better off in Engineering or even pharmacy that one can thrive in this without much support from family but medicine is a different ball game. Please medical students is there truth in this narrative?
Re: Medical Students, Is It True Neglected People Can't Cope In Medicine? by jansonn(m): 7:39pm On Dec 20, 2021
Scam!!! Medicine is difficult, but you can build another support system. For most people it's their family but if you don't have a loving one, you can run to God...

2 Likes

Re: Medical Students, Is It True Neglected People Can't Cope In Medicine? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 20, 2021
jansonn:
Scam!!! Medicine is difficult, but you can build another support system. For most people it's their family but if you don't have a loving one, you can run to God...
Oh ok thanks for this
Re: Medical Students, Is It True Neglected People Can't Cope In Medicine? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Dec 21, 2021
More replies..
Re: Medical Students, Is It True Neglected People Can't Cope In Medicine? by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 22, 2021
Review
Re: Medical Students, Is It True Neglected People Can't Cope In Medicine? by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 23, 2021
Overview
Re: Medical Students, Is It True Neglected People Can't Cope In Medicine? by Strugglingman: 3:54pm On Dec 23, 2021
NewSoul:
So I have heard from a medical student and a career counselor that if you are not from a loving family that shows support and care don't venture into medicine. Like you know those kind of households where they don't care about or give a hoot about each other that such a one should not venture into medicine. Because time will come where you'll need morale support of family members and if you don't have this support system you might throw in the towel that such a person will be better off in Engineering or even pharmacy that one can thrive in this without much support from family but medicine is a different ball game. Please medical students is there truth in this narrative?

very true

Studying medicine in Nigeria comes with lots of stress and pressure and this can lead to depression

At this point you will need some one to turn to ,to encourage you ..this is where family comes in
Re: Medical Students, Is It True Neglected People Can't Cope In Medicine? by dontrulee: 11:24pm On May 01, 2022
I studied Medicine in the harshest of conditions you can think about. From no love from family, to having little or no money, no friends, no girlfriends, no classic clothes and shoes, no gas, no foodstuffs, no kitchen utensils, slept on bare floor for a whole year, slept in school more than my hostel, contemplated suicide many times but still I didn't give up. My challenges made me stronger and unique, the good Lord has blessed me and I am grateful I went through all these processes

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Federal Ministry Of Education - Lagos Office / Electric Car Invented And Unveiled By Federal Polytechnic Nekede / Yabatech Admissions And Information (part-time And Full-time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.