Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Elon Musk Says He'll Be Paying $11 Billion In Tax This Year - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Elon Musk Says He'll Be Paying $11 Billion In Tax This Year (19164 Views)

Dollar Supply Rises To $11 Billion, Naira Closes 1,572/$ / Elon Musk Says Risk Of Him Being Assassinated Is 'Quite Significant' / Elon Musk Is Now The Richest Person In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elon Musk Says He'll Be Paying $11 Billion In Tax This Year by tsdarkside(m): 9:21am On Dec 21, 2021
Telekinetic:

So I guess you were driven by envy & poverty.
This life is no longer for people like you.
Do the right thing today.
Drink sniper.

go kill yourself....
Re: Elon Musk Says He'll Be Paying $11 Billion In Tax This Year by Stronghold91: 10:04am On Dec 21, 2021
Dangote no dey pay tax
Re: Elon Musk Says He'll Be Paying $11 Billion In Tax This Year by shegzhkn: 10:18am On Dec 21, 2021
Saintmary:

Very smart guy.

If he ever thinks of becoming the POTUS, he already has a support base.

I'm really impressed by that gesture.

Lol, POTUS ke

For starters he is not a natural born US citizen.
Re: Elon Musk Says He'll Be Paying $11 Billion In Tax This Year by Saintmary(f): 10:21am On Dec 21, 2021
shegzhkn:

Lol, POTUS ke

For starters he is not a natural born US citizen.

I have not seen anything that is impossible on this planet.

Meanwhile, thanks for reminding me he's South African.
Re: Elon Musk Says He'll Be Paying $11 Billion In Tax This Year by id911(m): 10:30am On Dec 21, 2021
Mccullum:

Is he SouthAfrican? because I can't understand how SA came in this, please.

He's South African 100%. He's rich that's why the media turn it around and always refer to him as American. How can they call someone whose father is South African and mother Canadian and was born, grew up, schooled in South Africa untill adulthood American?

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Says He'll Be Paying $11 Billion In Tax This Year by almayda: 10:32am On Dec 21, 2021
How much is Nigeria's annual budget please?
Re: Elon Musk Says He'll Be Paying $11 Billion In Tax This Year by emmy9500: 10:37am On Dec 21, 2021
yanabasee2:

You think he's a Nigerian that jumps taxes?

Some people are glad to pay their bills and as far as the government gives them an enabling ground for their business to thrive... Paying taxes won't matter...

Not when you don't even have light or good roads to transport your goods, yet they'll come and bring bills and make you run low...

The richest man in the world that have taxable income of less than $100 tells you he will pay 11B in tax and you believe

You think big CEO collecting $1 salary are dumb Abi, you will soon realize that taxes are not meant for the rich
Re: Elon Musk Says He'll Be Paying $11 Billion In Tax This Year by error4040: 10:40am On Dec 21, 2021
tsdarkside:

shattap....can you even imagine such amount sef....??

he is a liar south african....

Bro chill na.
What's up with you and been Homophobic sef ?
Re: Elon Musk Says He'll Be Paying $11 Billion In Tax This Year by Handsum64: 10:43am On Dec 21, 2021
FatimaAbubakar:
Watch how stupid useless Buhari will want to borrow money from Elon Musk
Poor parental care will eventually manifest
Re: Elon Musk Says He'll Be Paying $11 Billion In Tax This Year by nokspos: 10:44am On Dec 21, 2021
tctrills:

Tech is more of a passion than an investment vehicle. And it's up to you the younger generation to look into tech not Dangote.

Sorry bro, tech is not always about passion, please don't argue just do your research , the richest man in china and the richest man in india are both into tech and they do it as business not passion. If you mean passion to solve problems or passion to reduce poverty and make life easier then with the kind of dangotes money , he doesnt need to write code or get his hand dirty, he would just get business plans and invest. Read about Munish Ambany the richest man in India. Not sure I got the spelling of his name right
Re: Elon Musk Says He'll Be Paying $11 Billion In Tax This Year by RolexOfGeneva(m): 10:49am On Dec 21, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
No man on earth is as rich as Elon Musk.

I never believe someone will be as wealthy as this in my lifetime.
That Amazon guy is richer.
Re: Elon Musk Says He'll Be Paying $11 Billion In Tax This Year by tctrills: 10:52am On Dec 21, 2021
nokspos:

Sorry bro, tech is not always about passion, please don't argue just do your research , the richest man in china and the richest man in india are both into tech and they do it as business not passion. If you mean passion to solve problems or passion to reduce poverty and make life easier then with the kind of dangotes money , he doesnt need to write code or get his hand dirty, he would just get business plans and invest. Read about Munish Ambany the richest man in India. Not sure I got the spelling of his name right
The richest man in China, Zhong Shanshan made his fortune from bottled water, not tech.
Re: Elon Musk Says He'll Be Paying $11 Billion In Tax This Year by tctrills: 10:53am On Dec 21, 2021
Saintmary:

Very smart guy.

If he ever thinks of becoming the POTUS, he already has a support base.

I'm really impressed by that gesture.
He did not become the richest man in the world from being dull. He is one of the smartest minds of this generation.
Re: Elon Musk Says He'll Be Paying $11 Billion In Tax This Year by tctrills: 11:00am On Dec 21, 2021
Truth234:

Stop telling me what I know. I covered the event. His twitter poll was after Zhong Shanshan exposed him. He and the Tesla team were scared that the $13 million tax at the time would negatively impact the company shares, hence the poll to better manage the fallout.

I wrote this about a month ago.

https://investorsking.com/2021/11/09/price-of-tesla-stock-drops-9-percent-as-elon-musk-faces-13-billion-tax-bill/
Musk is not scared of bad publicity. In fact, he is used to it. He has more fans in the US than Wall Street Journal readers. If you claim a mere publication is enough to make him pay tax then why does Amazon not pay corporate despite the publications. This is the most loved and popular billionaire of his time. thousands come to his defense each time there is a negative publication about him and he knows how to defend himself against bad press.

The most important point remains that he did not break American law. paying the 11 billion was a personal choice and not the requirement of the law. what a nice guy.
Re: Elon Musk Says He'll Be Paying $11 Billion In Tax This Year by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 21, 2021
RolexOfGeneva:

That Amazon guy is richer.
You're wrong bro

Elon Musk is richer
Re: Elon Musk Says He'll Be Paying $11 Billion In Tax This Year by Emperor88(m): 11:34am On Dec 21, 2021
easyfem:
as for the DANGOTE , he will b looking for tax free .... people dont knw the damage that dangote has coz to nigeria economy.....fg gov really help that guy , they never give chance for other people to grow .....
Shut up ...Do you pay your own tax willingly?
Re: Elon Musk Says He'll Be Paying $11 Billion In Tax This Year by nokspos: 12:06pm On Dec 21, 2021
You know i was talking about Jack Ma, if he just drops to number 2 , its not so far from the truth that tech is still the way out. i'm not competing with you bro on who said it best, its not even our money. its one thing i hate about this nairaland.
tctrills:

The richest man in China, Zhong Shanshan made his fortune from bottled water, not tech.
Re: Elon Musk Says He'll Be Paying $11 Billion In Tax This Year by Dagger111(m): 12:17pm On Dec 21, 2021
daddytime:
How much be our entire national budget again?

$11.67B for 2021.
Re: Elon Musk Says He'll Be Paying $11 Billion In Tax This Year by tctrills: 12:17pm On Dec 21, 2021
nokspos:
You know i was talking about Jack Ma, if he just drops to number 2 , its not so far from the truth that tech is still the way out. i'm not competing with you bro on who said it best, its not even our money. its one thing i hate about this nairaland.
You say Jack Ma had not passion yet he built Alibaba one of the biggest tech companies on earth from nothing? I disagree with you on this one.
Alibaba is a real tech genius and innovator. Dangote is an innovator in his own respect but I still believe tech isn't for all.
Remember last year, softbank lost billions investing in tech. Warren Buffett the investment legend bearly dapple's into tech. That's the point I am trying to make
Re: Elon Musk Says He'll Be Paying $11 Billion In Tax This Year by Mccullum: 12:31pm On Dec 21, 2021
id911:

He's South African 100%. He's rich that's why the media turn it around and always refer to him as American. How can they call someone whose father is South African and mother Canadian and was born, grew up, schooled in South Africa untill adulthood American?

OK, thanks.
Re: Elon Musk Says He'll Be Paying $11 Billion In Tax This Year by nokspos: 12:45pm On Dec 21, 2021
Jack ma doesn't know how to write one single like of code, he's passion is more on solving problem , he wanted a site that can solve problem where people can trade between china and other countries and he got people to design the site for him. the same thing with Jeff Bezos , none of these people can write one single code, even bill gate wasn't the main developer of microsoft, it was paul allen that was doing all the code, he was just about the business and solving problem . We african's are greedy that's why we can't go close to the networth of these other rich guys, what problem has dangote solved with cement production? can cement product create as much job as tech? if i build a house today , will i need to build another one next month? except i'm in the realestate business. Ambani is the richest man in india and he started out with textile business just like dangote, but today he own's one of the largest tech companies in india. I didn't read all these people's biography on the internet to download it for you just to make sense , i lived through them, i grew up learning about these people, i'm in the tech business and these people are my great mentor so anything i tell you about them was not google search and that's why i couldn't give you some accurate figure, i didn't even know jack ma is no longer the richest man in china. unlike every other billionaira, he's own story is even different and passion is far from his story .

tctrills:

You say Jack Ma had not passion yet he built Alibaba one of the biggest tech companies on earth from nothing? I disagree with you on this one.
Alibaba is a real tech genius and innovator. Dangote is an innovator in his own respect but I still believe tech isn't for all.
Remember last year, softbank lost billions investing in tech. Warren Buffett the investment legend bearly dapple's into tech. That's the point I am trying to make
Re: Elon Musk Says He'll Be Paying $11 Billion In Tax This Year by InvertedHammer: 12:46pm On Dec 21, 2021
/
Inside life.

Just the thought that 99.9999% of the noisemakers you celebrate in Nigeria do not worth 0.1% ($11m) of Elon Musk's 2021 tax.

Stay humble.

/
Re: Elon Musk Says He'll Be Paying $11 Billion In Tax This Year by tctrills: 2:09pm On Dec 21, 2021
nokspos:
Jack ma doesn't know how to write one single like of code, he's passion is more on solving problem , he wanted a site that can solve problem where people can trade between china and other countries and he got people to design the site for him. the same thing with Jeff Bezos , none of these people can write one single code, even bill gate wasn't the main developer of microsoft, it was paul allen that was doing all the code, he was just about the business and solving problem . We african's are greedy that's why we can't go close to the networth of these other rich guys, what problem has dangote solved with cement production? can cement product create as much job as tech? if i build a house today , will i need to build another one next month? except i'm in the realestate business. Ambani is the richest man in india and he started out with textile business just like dangote, but today he own's one of the largest tech companies in india. I didn't read all these people's biography on the internet to download it for you just to make sense , i lived through them, i grew up learning about these people, i'm in the tech business and these people are my great mentor so anything i tell you about them was not google search and that's why i couldn't give you some accurate figure, i didn't even know jack ma is no longer the richest man in china. unlike every other billionaira, he's own story is even different and passion is far from his story .

Somehow, I think we mostly agree
Re: Elon Musk Says He'll Be Paying $11 Billion In Tax This Year by Ttjj: 5:15pm On Dec 21, 2021
Numbers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Partner With Longrich Business And Earn Weekly / Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise / Three ATM PIN Codes To Avoid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.