Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,417 members, 7,826,605 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Jesus Comes Soon, Why Are Message From The Pulpit Still About Material Blessing? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Comes Soon, Why Are Message From The Pulpit Still About Material Blessing? (522 Views)

5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. / The Lie "We" Preached From The Pulpit.... / Women Are Not To Stand On The Pulpit To Preach. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Comes Soon, Why Are Message From The Pulpit Still About Material Blessing? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jun 14, 2011
My Spirit and that of a few brethren have confirmed the great urgency of this point in the age of man.
By my calculations, churches should be constantly reminding folk to be ready and place greater emphasis on repentance and keeping their robes white.

Why is it instead that I hardly hear a message of the need of repentance anymore in churches?

Always with the money and how you should be getting it no matter how you're living your life because Jesus died for your sins.
Re: Jesus Comes Soon, Why Are Message From The Pulpit Still About Material Blessing? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jun 15, 2011
Man, we gats to shift our focus oh. No be beans when Jesus said people who think they are coming to heaven aren't entering.
All this church building citadels and housing complexes at this point in time . . . Why build something that is scheduled to be destroyed anytime now after the coming of Christ? because not one of the stones of those buildings will be left on another come the end.

Are they planning on remaining on this earth that long?!!

I frown everytime when I see that instead of a church using my tithes and offerings to help the needy, they are busy using it on themselves and buying bigger buildings.
Re: Jesus Comes Soon, Why Are Message From The Pulpit Still About Material Blessing? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 15, 2011
Some people you ask "if the trumpet sounds now where are you going?" and they immediately holla "heaven!" before you've finished the question. They don't even add "by the grace of God".

We truly need to asked the Holy spirit to convict them as to where they are headed for real instead of what pastor told them. Everyone who hasn't asked the Holy spirit to reveal their true state to them will always think their are robes are white. A true revelation of yourself will make you cry out to God for mercy.

All these pastors who only tell people what they want to hear sef! A while back I had been to a church where the pastor called for a youth meeting. I was finally happy hoping he would speak out against sin and what not, because I really wanted to hear a message of the need to repent as I was struggling at the time. Someone asked him if sex between gf/bf/fiances is sin. But instead of answering straight and hitting the nail on the head, his answer was long but essentially:

"Sin is sin if it is sin to you. What might be sin for you might not be sin for someone." He then went on to use scripture (wrongly as usual) to back his claim with that verse by Paul that "everything is lawful, but not everything is helpful".

What a CRAPPY way to answer a very deep and very serious question!!
His reply to the question, shaved of all the diplomatic speak, is "Do what you want, Jesus died for you so it is lawful whatever you do, but it might not be nice". . .

didn't spend too long in that church after that.
Re: Jesus Comes Soon, Why Are Message From The Pulpit Still About Material Blessing? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jun 15, 2011
I'm seriously considering just seeking the lord in my Home with true believers and not being tied to an actual "church".

besides, Wide is the road . . .

(1) (Reply)

A Call To Faith / Christianity: An Irreverent History / Controversy Over Christmas GKS Challenges Churche

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.