Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,941 members, 7,863,321 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:22 PM

Osun Police Release SSS Operative Who Allegedly Killed 21-year-old Temitope - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Osun Police Release SSS Operative Who Allegedly Killed 21-year-old Temitope (297 Views)

Gunmen Killed 21 Cows In Rivers – Miyetti Allah / Abia Police Parade 2 Suspects Who Killed 21-year-old Woman In Aba Hotel (VIDEO) / Lagos CP Orders Posthumous Trial Of F-SARS Operative Who Killed LASTMA Official (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Osun Police Release SSS Operative Who Allegedly Killed 21-year-old Temitope by Shehuyinka: 11:58am On Dec 21, 2021
Without investigation, Osun Police release SSS operative who allegedly killed 21-year-old Temitope

THE Osun State Police Command has released an operative of the State Security Service (SSS) identified as Bamidele, also known as Aji, who is alleged to have killed 21-year-old Temitope Johnson without conducting an investigation.

During an interview with The ICIR, Temitope’s father, Segun Johnson, said Bamidele shot his son on October 6, when operatives of the SSS stormed a house in Owode-Ede.

“When they came to the house, Temitope was sleeping inside the room, they started shooting sporadically and one of them shot my son,” he said.

KEEP READING:

SSS illegally detains victim for 14 months without trial, allegedly defies AGF’s order

Gbajabiamila names officer accused of killing newspaper vendor, hands him over to DSS

SPECIAL REPORT: How Buhari’s govt detained Nigerian journalist for two years without trial

He said Temitope’s body was taken into the DSS vehicle, and his family had not seen him since then.

Johnson said he filed a complaint at the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) in Osun State and Bamidele was arrested.

He told The ICIR that on November 26, Bamidele was arrested by the CID and he was invited to Osun State Police headquarters in Osogbo to identify him.

“They called me at the CID that they had arrested Bamidele, I left Ife and went to the Police headquarters in Osogbo to see if they had truly arrested him, I met him there and took his picture,” he said.

Johnson was told that investigation had commenced and the body of his son would soon be found.

But to his surprise, Temitope was released by the Police authorities the same day without proper investigation, and without informing Temitope’s family.

Johnson said he went back to the Police headquarters to find out why Bamidele was released without investigation, but he was told it was an order from above.

“The people I met at the CID told me it was their boss that asked them to release Bamidele and there was nothing they could do,” Johnson said.

When The ICIR contacted the Osun State Police Commissioner Wale Olokode, he said he had invited the officer in charge of the case to report to his office to explain why he released the SSS operative.

“I heard about the case and I have invited the officer in charge to come and explain why he released the accused, I would give you an update on the case,” Olokode said.

READ MORE HERE: https://www.icirnigeria.org/without-investigation-osun-police-release-sss-operative-who-allegedly-killed-21-year-old-temitope/

(1) (Reply)

"I Hit Her Head With A Stool'Housemaid Explain Howshe KilledFormerGovernor's mum / Zamfara Man Arrested For Eating, Selling Human Parts / Worst Scam Attempt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.