Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,874 members, 7,817,574 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

Gunmen Killed 21 Cows In Rivers – Miyetti Allah - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gunmen Killed 21 Cows In Rivers – Miyetti Allah (22672 Views)

Abia Police Parade 2 Suspects Who Killed 21-year-old Woman In Aba Hotel (VIDEO) / Yandang Militias Attack Fulanis, Kill Over 30 Cows In Taraba (Photos) / Criminals In Military Uniforms Kill Fulani Herdsmen & Cows In Nasarawa (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Killed 21 Cows In Rivers – Miyetti Allah by Yibo(m): 7:30am On Aug 26, 2022

No fewer than 21 cows have been shot dead by unknown gunmen who invaded a settlement Odogwa community in Etche Local Government Area of Rivers State.

Chairman of Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria in Rivers State, Mohammed Abubakar, disclosed this at a media briefing in Port Harcourt.

Abubakar said the incident occurred at about 9pm on Wednesday when the cattle rearers went to town to buy some beverages, saying of the 21 cows killed, 15 were pregnant.

He expressed shock over the attack, because according to the him, the cattle rearers have been living in harmony with members of their host community.

Abubakar said, “They shot 21 cows and before the Miyetti Allah people came back, the gunmen had escaped.

“The cows were littered on the ground dead, just like that. Some just gave birth; some are pregnant. More than 15 were pregnant.

“In the morning, they went back to find out what had happened to provoke the attack and they took their complaint to the monarch of the community and other residents there.

“They too expressed surprise that they don’t know what happened. We have been living peacefully with the people in this community for long, even when our cows destroy crops, we pay for the damages.

“We also pay for the place we are living, yet this sort of thing happened to us. If there was anything wrong that the cattle rearers have done that the people don’t like, they should tell.”

Meanwhile, the Chairman of Northern Community in Rivers State, Musa Saidu, has sued for peace and called for a thorough investigation into the incident.

When contacted, spokesperson of the state police command, Grace Iringe-Koko, said she was in a meeting and asked our reporter to send a message.

She had yet to give a feedback as of the time of filing this report on Thursday.
https://punchng.com/gunmen-killed-21-cows-in-rivers-miyetti-allah/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1661472133

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Killed 21 Cows In Rivers – Miyetti Allah by iLegendd(m): 7:39am On Aug 26, 2022
We don't want Fulani people in Rivers. Those people annoy me (us). Buhari is the reason I don't like them after Yaradua made me to like them.

They're just looking for an opportunity to attack Rivers people. Anyway, Rivers no dey carry last when it comes to shedding blood.

137 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Gunmen Killed 21 Cows In Rivers – Miyetti Allah by MotiveU(f): 7:39am On Aug 26, 2022
Pics or it is fake news

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Killed 21 Cows In Rivers – Miyetti Allah by BabaGBM: 7:39am On Aug 26, 2022
criminal dey talk
stop open grazing

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gunmen Killed 21 Cows In Rivers – Miyetti Allah by ShenTeh(m): 7:39am On Aug 26, 2022
It's quite easy to whip up emotions, but what happened to stopping open grazing?

I can't be driving my public transportation vehicle through your private premises and complain of damages.

The Land Use Act clearly states that there's no free land any inch of the Nigerian soil.

114 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Gunmen Killed 21 Cows In Rivers – Miyetti Allah by sunnydike1(m): 7:39am On Aug 26, 2022
Kudos

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Killed 21 Cows In Rivers – Miyetti Allah by AFvckingAlpha(m): 7:39am On Aug 26, 2022
This marriage called Nigeria has never worked, so much differences. I’m skeptical if it would ever work.

I said what I said

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Killed 21 Cows In Rivers – Miyetti Allah by Tunjibalogun: 7:40am On Aug 26, 2022
Take your bastarrd cows to sokoto, kano, Borno.

Infact there is much grass in Sambisa forest

91 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Killed 21 Cows In Rivers – Miyetti Allah by Mazisimonekpa(m): 7:40am On Aug 26, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/7296552/esn-enforce-ban-cow-movement

Banning cow movement in Anambra,
Soludo @CCSoludo should stop deceiving himself & support Biafra. You can’t be in Nigeria, banning movement of cow against the federal government. Ask Soludo, will the Federal Government support his ban on cow movement Soludo want to take glory.
Why did he waited until our State of the nation address, where we ban cow movement? After two days of our ban on cow movement, @CCSoludo knows what is coming & he want to claim the credit yet he want to kill ESN personnel who will enforce the order. Soludo can’t enforce the order. Soludo banning of cow movement in Anambra mean he has been on the wrong path or is it about copying whatever we do without shame? Give credit to Autopilot for banning the cow, because we will enforce it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/simon_ekpa/status/1562040049386102784

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Killed 21 Cows In Rivers – Miyetti Allah by Ancecoker(m): 7:40am On Aug 26, 2022
angry
Re: Gunmen Killed 21 Cows In Rivers – Miyetti Allah by Akinsete19(m): 7:40am On Aug 26, 2022
grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Killed 21 Cows In Rivers – Miyetti Allah by salbis(m): 7:40am On Aug 26, 2022
This is pure evil and condemnable.

8 Likes

Re: Gunmen Killed 21 Cows In Rivers – Miyetti Allah by Akinsete19(m): 7:40am On Aug 26, 2022
Maybe the cow's trespass

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Killed 21 Cows In Rivers – Miyetti Allah by Shellsploit: 7:40am On Aug 26, 2022
I see revenge mission

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Killed 21 Cows In Rivers – Miyetti Allah by CaptainAyub: 7:41am On Aug 26, 2022
In Wike's voice "o fake,fake"

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Killed 21 Cows In Rivers – Miyetti Allah by Akfrenzy(m): 7:41am On Aug 26, 2022
grin. FULANI ADOPT RANCHING OOOOOOOOO

STOP BEING THE PROBLEM IN EVERY STATE A. D PLAY VICTIM CARD

15 Likes

Re: Gunmen Killed 21 Cows In Rivers – Miyetti Allah by Mamaafrik1(m): 7:41am On Aug 26, 2022
The south need to start MASSIVE cattle grazing (in ranches) and soley in the hand of the native,this is the only way to push the fulanis away from the south without firing a shot.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Killed 21 Cows In Rivers – Miyetti Allah by AfricanColumbus: 7:41am On Aug 26, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLHWbZfQpSU

Biafra: Fake ESN Arrested In Anambra By Real ESN (Eastern Security Network)

Operatives of the Eastern Security Network have apprehended several hoodlums engaged in robbery under the guise of being ESN operatives in Okija community, Anambra state.

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Killed 21 Cows In Rivers – Miyetti Allah by YoungLionken(m): 7:41am On Aug 26, 2022
While these bunch of nonentities don't condemn the killing of humans like them, they get so emotional when a cow/bull is killed..

Meanwhile, nothing happened, they're just making false claims...

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Killed 21 Cows In Rivers – Miyetti Allah by tradepunter: 7:41am On Aug 26, 2022
fake newsss...

also a pointer, we have been living peacefully with the community

meaning if its not fake news then some sinister forces are pushing an agenda

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Killed 21 Cows In Rivers – Miyetti Allah by Quest7777: 7:42am On Aug 26, 2022

... even when our cows destroy crops...
Say NO to open grazing. Cattle Ranching is the only viable option in this 21st century.

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Killed 21 Cows In Rivers – Miyetti Allah by sammysneh(m): 7:42am On Aug 26, 2022
I taught dy have banned open grasing down south

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Killed 21 Cows In Rivers – Miyetti Allah by ike007(m): 7:42am On Aug 26, 2022
iLegendd:
We don't want Fulani people in Rivers. Those people annoy me. Buhari is the reason I don't like them after Yaradua made me go like them.

You can say that again ...i believe this story is false. They want to legitimize their Future attacks on the community

7 Likes

Re: Gunmen Killed 21 Cows In Rivers – Miyetti Allah by ch3ckm8: 7:42am On Aug 26, 2022
They don't get this upset when humans are killed.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Killed 21 Cows In Rivers – Miyetti Allah by AntiBMC(m): 7:42am On Aug 26, 2022
Hmm...ds story is sketchy.

Hope they didn't kill der cows by themselves, so they can start carrying out jihad attacks in Rivers state, in the name of revenge.

How come no single herder stayed back to look after the cows? Cows that are more important to fulani men than their mothers, na im dem leave unguarded for several hours? I smell lies concocted under the scorching heat of the Sahel

20 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 Die In Cult Clash In Calabar / Pastor Blessed Kelechukwu's Killers Still Call His Members With His Phone / Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.