Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Can Okorocha Calm The South-east Agitations 2023? By Yusuf Aminu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Okorocha Calm The South-east Agitations 2023? By Yusuf Aminu (977 Views)

IPOB/Yoruba Nation: IBB Finally Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Igboho Agitations / Ohanaeze Reacts To Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest - 'End Of Violent Agitations' / Democracy Day: FG Declares Monday Public Holiday, Warns Against Agitations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Okorocha Calm The South-east Agitations 2023? By Yusuf Aminu by Nwokomaizuchi: 2:24pm On Dec 21, 2021
Regional agitations are synonymous with Nigerian politics.

As a matter of fact, they have always played a major role in determining the emergence of the President per time. In 1999, agitations for MKO Abiola and the debacle of June 12 brought about an All - Yoruba showdown between Chief Olusegun Obasanjo and Chief Olu Falae.

The rumblings of the OPC also helped matters.

In 2010, the agitations of MEND and militants also gave rise to the emergence of Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, who under normal circumstances, had little or no chance at all.

In 2014, the emergence of Boko Haram predicated the shift of power to the north and the need to checkmate it. A former disciplined General, Muhammadu Buhari emerged at the helm of affairs to stem the tide.

So it is no surprise, that the agitations in the southeast , the IPOB and calls for Biafra would most likely lead to the emergence of a South Eastern President, but the benefactor cannot just be anybody from the South East.

The level of mistrust and misconceptions between the core north and the South East is second to none.

The civil war left both regions wary and weary.

The north can only support a South Easterner who, in their opinion, has no vendetta and no vengeance at heart; one who cannot lead another secession. It must be one who will bring about a fairer, united Nigeria where resources are distributed equitably.

Mere campaign manifestos or oratory cannot gain such trust.

It takes a proven track record of supporting, working with and investing in the north to gain that trust and only Senator Rochas Okorocha fits into that bill amongst the other prominent politicians from the south east.

Born and educated in the noŕth, he has had several free education secondary schools in the north and other investments for over 2 decades. South west and south south have evidences of his investments too.

No South Easterner has more traditional titles in the north (and that by a far margin; Dan Jekan Sokoto and Jagaban Lafia readily comes to mind ). Recently, Okorocha went for a private audience with the Emir of Daura (the progenitor of the Hausas) and the Emir instantly gave him the traditional title of Maga Alheri Hausa (great giver to the entire Hausa people),

Unplanned : Unsolicited

Just the fruit of many years of brotherhood and trust. No Southern politician speaks Hausa more fluently than him. He is seen at even huge Islamic festivals from time in the north yet a devout Christian (with chapels dotting anywhere he stays). Little wonder, he is called in a jocular way “ Okoro-Hausa “ in some circles.

What looks like a caterpillar now may metamorphose to a beautiful butterfly by 2023.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Okorocha Calm The South-east Agitations 2023? By Yusuf Aminu by sweetonugbu: 2:40pm On Dec 21, 2021
No way
Re: Can Okorocha Calm The South-east Agitations 2023? By Yusuf Aminu by Frigga13: 2:54pm On Dec 21, 2021
He can only try..
Re: Can Okorocha Calm The South-east Agitations 2023? By Yusuf Aminu by BigSarah(f): 2:59pm On Dec 21, 2021
Okorocha, OUK, Onu, Obi

Any of them can

1 Like

Re: Can Okorocha Calm The South-east Agitations 2023? By Yusuf Aminu by BigSarah(f): 3:01pm On Dec 21, 2021
Nwokomaizuchi:

The north can only support a South Easterner who, in their opinion, has no vendetta and no vengeance at heart; one who cannot lead another secession. It must be one who will bring about a fairer, united Nigeria where resources are distributed equitably.

Bow-wow
Re: Can Okorocha Calm The South-east Agitations 2023? By Yusuf Aminu by paramakina202: 3:02pm On Dec 21, 2021
Ogbonnaya Onu is qualified to be president of Nigeria the North and East can trust him.

3 Likes

Re: Can Okorocha Calm The South-east Agitations 2023? By Yusuf Aminu by Queeeeeen: 3:10pm On Dec 21, 2021
I'm still wondering how this igbo presidency would benefit Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Can Okorocha Calm The South-east Agitations 2023? By Yusuf Aminu by Orangedreams: 3:13pm On Dec 21, 2021
I feel he can actually, but who will trust him after he finished IMO state?

Abeg check my siggy/profile for amazing properties.
Re: Can Okorocha Calm The South-east Agitations 2023? By Yusuf Aminu by helinues: 3:34pm On Dec 21, 2021
Is Okorocha trusted in his home state, Imo state not to talk of SE in general

1 Like

Re: Can Okorocha Calm The South-east Agitations 2023? By Yusuf Aminu by NewsForYou: 3:57pm On Dec 21, 2021
Your agitation was miscalculated and it did more damages than good. Too much hate speech that spread hate.
You didn’t think it through at all
Re: Can Okorocha Calm The South-east Agitations 2023? By Yusuf Aminu by Reality3080: 3:57pm On Dec 21, 2021
BigSarah:
Okorocha, OUK, Onu, Obi

Any of them can
same u that wants d north forever?
Re: Can Okorocha Calm The South-east Agitations 2023? By Yusuf Aminu by NewsForYou: 4:01pm On Dec 21, 2021
Reality3080:
Efforts in futility.
They can’t be trusted. Niger delta didn’t want to divide Nigeria and boko haram was not the reason Buhari because president.
If you think MKO stolen mandate was not deserving no wahala.
Re: Can Okorocha Calm The South-east Agitations 2023? By Yusuf Aminu by SmartPolician: 5:13pm On Dec 21, 2021
Rochas Okorocha is a useless man.
Making him Nigeria's president is a complete waste of time and resources.
Re: Can Okorocha Calm The South-east Agitations 2023? By Yusuf Aminu by Vistra40: 5:23pm On Dec 21, 2021
Reality3080:

That lady ain’t consistent
Re: Can Okorocha Calm The South-east Agitations 2023? By Yusuf Aminu by Peterobiisathie(f): 5:17am On Dec 22, 2021
BigSarah:
Okorocha, OUK, Onu, Obi

Any of them can
Peter Obi is a barawo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Okorocha Calm The South-east Agitations 2023? By Yusuf Aminu by Peterobiisathie(f): 5:19am On Dec 22, 2021
paramakina202:
Ogbonnaya Onu is qualified to be president of Nigeria the North and East can trust him.
the big problem is how do we convince Fulani to vote for iyanmiri?

1 Like

Re: Can Okorocha Calm The South-east Agitations 2023? By Yusuf Aminu by JaroMan: 6:54am On Dec 22, 2021
Imagine the condition an Igbo man must meet before he will become a president.
grin grin grin fact is: Nigerians of southern zone consciously handed over Nigeria to the north by trying to impress the north.
The South is far more powerful than the north but ignorance is our bane.
Re: Can Okorocha Calm The South-east Agitations 2023? By Yusuf Aminu by flokii: 7:15am On Dec 22, 2021
Has Okorocha answered the money laundering allegations levied agaist him by the current govt. of Hope Uzodinma in Imo state that will make any sensible person consider him for elections in Nigeria?

Or you people think it's just to bring any dirty politician forward and expect Nigerians to vote the person because he is Igbo? y'all are in for a rude shock.
Re: Can Okorocha Calm The South-east Agitations 2023? By Yusuf Aminu by Vistra40: 8:29am On Dec 22, 2021
NewsForYou:

Efforts in futility.
They can’t be trusted. Niger delta didn’t want to divide Nigeria and boko haram was not the reason Buhari because president.
If you think MKO stolen mandate was not deserving no wahala.

My friend, you have but just one vote. So speak for yourself. An igbo man would be president when the time is right. If 2023 is the right time, it will happen and a zillion of you won’t stop it
Re: Can Okorocha Calm The South-east Agitations 2023? By Yusuf Aminu by Vistra40: 8:39am On Dec 22, 2021
flokii:
Has Okorocha answered the money laundering allegations levied agaist him by the current govt. of Hope Uzodinma in Imo state that will make any sensible person consider him for elections in Nigeria?

Or you people think it's just to bring any dirty politician forward and expect Nigerians to vote the person because he is Igbo? y'all are in for a rude shock.

As if he will vote for any igbo candidate. Oga, stop camouflaging. We know you hate the idea of an igbo candidacy in totality. Even if we bring a saint, you will be the same one to tell the person to go to APC. Even Joe Igbokwe and Ben Akabueze will not be spared.
Re: Can Okorocha Calm The South-east Agitations 2023? By Yusuf Aminu by NewsForYou: 8:45am On Dec 22, 2021
Vistra40:

My friend, you have but just one vote. So speak for yourself. An igbo man would be president when the time is right. If 2023 is the right time, it will happen and a zillion of you won’t stop it
Baby what if?
Re: Can Okorocha Calm The South-east Agitations 2023? By Yusuf Aminu by Vistra40: 8:48am On Dec 22, 2021
NewsForYou:

Baby what if?

??
Re: Can Okorocha Calm The South-east Agitations 2023? By Yusuf Aminu by paramakina202: 8:50am On Dec 22, 2021
Peterobiisathie:

It is for the interest of Fulani and Nigerians in general to campaign and vote for Iyanmiri.
Re: Can Okorocha Calm The South-east Agitations 2023? By Yusuf Aminu by NewsForYou: 8:52am On Dec 22, 2021
Vistra40:

As if he will vote for any igbo candidate. Oga, stop camouflaging. We know you hate the idea of an igbo candidacy in totality. Even if we bring a saint, you will be the same one to tell the person to go to APC. Even Joe Igbokwe and Ben Akabueze will not be spared.
You are just being wickedly unfair. As in unfairly wicked. As in wicked in an unfair way.
Power must come to south.
APC have their agreements as a party. Igbos hate APC and doesn’t want anything to do with APC from onset because it’s a jihadist party. Tinubu and Buhari the Igbo people hate with passion. Now under PDP SS was president, north has ruled even SW.
if instead of queuing behind Atiku in PDP why not ask for PDP ticket. Present your most formidable politician under PDP and leave APC to fo whatever they want with their evil party? Why are you so inferior to Yoruba APC candidates?
Why telling Tinubu not to contest just so you can vote Atiku? Why not ask Atiku not to contest so an Igbo man can use his ticket? Normally shame no even supppsed allow you ask for APC ticket.
Normally Igbo won’t vote APC so why asking for the ticket. This is the reason no one wil take you serious, because you are irrational
Re: Can Okorocha Calm The South-east Agitations 2023? By Yusuf Aminu by Vistra40: 8:57am On Dec 22, 2021
NewsForYou:

You are just being wickedly unfair. As in unfairly wicked. As in wicked in an unfair way.
Power must come to south.
APC have their agreements as a party. Igbos hate APC and doesn’t want anything to do with APC from onset because it’s a jihadist party. Tinubu and Buhari the Igbo people hate with passion. Now under PDP SS was president, north has ruled even SW.
if instead of queuing behind Atiku in PDP why not ask for PDP ticket. Present your most formidable politician under PDP and leave APC to fo whatever they want with their evil party? Why are you so inferior to Yoruba APC candidates?
Why telling Tinubu not to contest just so you can vote Atiku? Why not ask Atiku not to contest so an Igbo man can use his ticket? Normally shame no even supppsed allow you ask for APC ticket.

Where in my comment did I ask APC to give an igbo candidate ticket? You need to go back and read the person I quoted and understand the context of my reply to him. Do the igbo politicians in APC have the right to vie for the ticket? Yes! Whether they win it or not is an entirely different matter and left to the party to decide. In a normal country, neither APC nor PDP are even supposed to return to power again.

P.S: if there’s anyone who is unfairly wicked, blame the president and the governors in APC who have discarded Tinubu despite his toil to make APC a success. Leave innocent citizen like me Biko.
Re: Can Okorocha Calm The South-east Agitations 2023? By Yusuf Aminu by NewsForYou: 9:01am On Dec 22, 2021
Vistra40:

Where in my comment did I ask APC to give an igbo candidate ticket? You need to go back and read the person I quoted and understand the context of my reply to him. Do the igbo politicians in APC have the right to vie for the ticket? Yes! Whether they win it or not is an entirely different matter and left to the party to decide. In a normal country, neither APC nor PDP are even supposed to return to power again
You are just one inconsequential person I’m talking about what the igbos are saying. How many Igbo leaders have asked Tinubu not to contest including Ohaneze? How many have requested APC ticket even without primary? Even without candidate? You not even talking about a particular candidate you are only talking about Igbo presidency. Like let Nigerians agree to give you then you will chose one slowpoke to foster on us?
Re: Can Okorocha Calm The South-east Agitations 2023? By Yusuf Aminu by Vistra40: 9:04am On Dec 22, 2021
NewsForYou:

You are just one inconsequential person I’m talking about what the igbos are saying. How many Igbo leaders have asked Tinubu not to vote including Ohaneze? How many have requested APC ticket even without primary? Even without candidate? You not even talking about a particular candidate you are only talking about Igbo presidency. Like let Nigerians agree to give you then you will chose one slowpoke to foster on us?

Talking about “slowpoke”, how has security especially in the north turned out under buhari? Look at his once peaceful home state is now a theatre of banditry.

2. How organized is the APC with the president as supposed leader of the party today? It’s on the brink of collapse.
If that isn’t the definition of slowpoke then I wonder what it is
Re: Can Okorocha Calm The South-east Agitations 2023? By Yusuf Aminu by NewsForYou: 9:04am On Dec 22, 2021
Vistra40:

Where in my comment did I ask APC to give an igbo candidate ticket? You need to go back and read the person I quoted and understand the context of my reply to him. Do the igbo politicians in APC have the right to vie for the ticket? Yes! Whether they win it or not is an entirely different matter and left to the party to decide. In a normal country, neither APC nor PDP are even supposed to return to power again.

P.S: if there’s anyone who is unfairly wicked, blame the president and the governors in APC who have discarded Tinubu despite his toil to make APC a success. Leave innocent citizen like me Biko.
If you have a candidate why not present the person?
It’s going to be hard for you to present a candidate mind your. Because you have been trying to soil Tinubu name calling him criminal forgetting that whomever you chose to present will also be a criminal. We will be waiting for you.
Re: Can Okorocha Calm The South-east Agitations 2023? By Yusuf Aminu by durangokid: 9:05am On Dec 22, 2021
Peterobiisathie:
. You are a fool, so it will be that you will sell to Nigerians, since any one called is not good

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Treated Sanwo-olu Like A School Prefect-- Governor's Forum / Throwback: Kanu Told To Supply Proof That Atiku Abubakar Is From Cameroon. / Vice President Yemi Osinbajo's Presidential Declaration Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.