Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,787 members, 7,831,545 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Sylvester Oromoni: 5 Dowen College Students Granted Bail - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sylvester Oromoni: 5 Dowen College Students Granted Bail (22795 Views)

Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Government Clears 5 Dowen College Students, Staff / Police Arrest 3 Dowen School Students Over Sylvester Oromoni’s Death / Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: 5 Dowen College Students Granted Bail by ceejay10(m): 6:00pm On Dec 22, 2021
SmartyPants:

Mr. Man, you clearly are the one without the slightest clue of what you are talking about. That is why I asked you for your credentials of which you clearly have none.

I am at least a lawyer in a commonwealth country with a nearly identical legal system to Nigeria. I can tell you that it is unheard of anywhere in the world for the government to keep your bail money. Even the idea of it is ridiculous. Bail is intended to be an incentive to ensure that an accused person keeps attending their trial. If the accused persons knew upfront that would not get their bail money back, where is the incentive? How would the legal system have survived with accused persons never then came to court?

Your entire argument is that this is Nigeria therefore the system doesn't work. However, the legal system clearly works, even if it has flaws, which is why people get arrested, go to court, get sentenced, and go to jail. Your argument in this bail issue is currently comparable to someone insisting that people who are sentenced to jail in Nigeria simply go home because this is Nigeria and the legal system is not working.

you have zero authority on this subject so while I, out of modesty, give some room to allow for some variance from the law -- in practice, I can tell you on a logical and legal basis that bail is not kept by any government anywhere. What you are alleging here is that billions of naira are collected and channeled to unknown government sources with no one at all, discovering this fraud.

That would make it the largest fraud to ever go unnoticed in the 21st century.

But of course, being a legal professional, I allow room for your alternative argument, provided you have proof that the government keeps bail money. Of which you have none.

Ogbeni keep your good day.
u are a mumu man claiming to be a lawyer. You can only deceive the gullibles. Judicial system works in Nigeria, yet we are having different pronouncements from different rogue judges, politicians. Just give me one scenario where court returned bail money in Nigeria. Its unheard of and never happens. Lawyer my ass.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Prof Nnenna Oti, FUTO's First Female VC / Uniben Releases Admission Status For 2012/2013 Session / FUNAAB Riot: "We Never Shot At Any Student" - NPF, "You Lied" - Eyewitness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.