Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,673 members, 7,809,566 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:18 AM

My Wife Just Got A Job - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Wife Just Got A Job (20778 Views)

I Got A Job Through Nairaland / I Just Got A Job From Nairaland / NPOWER- I Just Got A Congratulations Text Message (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Just Got A Job by pyyxxaro: 12:13pm On Dec 25, 2021
Daniel058:
I prefer

1 Like

Re: My Wife Just Got A Job by Simeony007(m): 12:13pm On Dec 25, 2021
Oya do give away
Re: My Wife Just Got A Job by Trios(f): 12:13pm On Dec 25, 2021
Am pleased to know, you are happy for your her success. More doors of blessings will open for you both.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Just Got A Job by Obiorahpcfg: 12:13pm On Dec 25, 2021
What a caring husband. Because you so much desire your wife's happiness, the God i worship will lift you up above what you imagined. Because you care for your family, just watch out how God will embrass with with his blessings.

You didn't even mind the meager salary! Oh boy, you are a husband material.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Just Got A Job by brainhgeek(m): 12:14pm On Dec 25, 2021
emerich:

My job pays our bills quite well, I was celebrating because finally she had gotten a job and won't be a full time housewife, only if you knew how many applications she had submitted, celebrating small wins would create an avenue for the bigger picture, make she go work jare, an idle mind is the devil's workshop.

The same you that celebrated your wife's 20k a month job will announce an offer from abroad for your wife. Jesus is able!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Just Got A Job by Pinkzebra: 12:14pm On Dec 25, 2021
uthlaw:
Why can't you open a shop for her to be selling foodstuffs...must both of you work under person in the name of not staying at home?

Not everyone wants to be a market woman . Some want to dress well go to some official environment and show.their talents .

Op, don't settle for less , she can keep trying.other places while she manages that . I think it depends on the area you reside , schools in my area pay teacher up to 50k .
But if you have the money, both of you should work towards starting your own creche then a child center or school. But make sure she gets proper education.

10 Likes

Re: My Wife Just Got A Job by Protect18: 12:14pm On Dec 25, 2021
emerich:
Hey nairalanders!

So elated that my wife finally found a teaching job after so many attempts.

It has not really been easy watching her being a full time housewife, as I feel she would tend to forget what she had learnt at school and by implication become dull, though she had been an amazing mom to my son.

I just need her passion reignited by practicing what she learnt at school, the start up pay is N20,000 but notwithstanding I would place her on a monthly stipend of N20,000 also to cater for her transport fare.

The school is a stone throw away from where we reside so she won't be spending much on tfare, and I also plan to enroll my son into the school's crèche, as it has a very conducive atmosphere for learning and it's also kid's friendly.

so guys what do you think?

As I would be spending more on her working, compared to her staying at home.
Congratulations to you sir.
It's a good stepping stone to her greatness. She will be motivated to starting her own school in few years time by your continuous support and God's grace.

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Just Got A Job by house10s: 12:15pm On Dec 25, 2021
emerich:
Hey nairalanders!

It has not really been easy watching her being a full time housewife, as I feel she would tend to forget what she had learnt at school and by implication become dull, though she had been an amazing mom to my son.

I just need her passion reignited by practicing what she learnt at school, the start up pay is N20,000 but notwithstanding I would place her on a monthly stipend of N20,000 also to cater for her transport fare.

The school is a stone throw away from where we reside so she won't be spending much on tfare, and I also plan to enroll my son into the school's crèche, as it has a very conducive atmosphere for learning and it's also kid's friendly.

my woman is quiting hers because the 20k isn't doing much, it's just to get her out of the house.

20k n u are happy n u are even going to b giving her 20k unto for her tf.

just give her d 20k let her b taking care of the kid(s).

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Just Got A Job by 9niceguy(m): 12:15pm On Dec 25, 2021
I am happy with you....

How I wish my elder brother wife also can think of doing something for herself. A teacher that never applied for a teaching role in any school since her graduation in year 2005 or before....

My brother is the only one doing everything at home even buying ordinary salt she can't afford.

It is well oooo.

Non of you willarry wrong person ooo

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Just Got A Job by nedekid: 12:15pm On Dec 25, 2021
soundOsonic:
20,000 naira and you are celebrating?
Are you sure you are not trolling?

You people are the cause of underemployment. If the work and input you put in that job isn't worth 20000 naira.

It is better you remain jobless than you work that Kain work.

If everybody decides not to work 20k work there will not be 20k work starting salary will be around 30k.

Minimum wage is 33k it is illegal to pay any staff below that in a sane country. Anyway Sha anything goes in Nigeria
Be calming down. Op wants her to have something doing for now to keep her busy. It is just a starter and a stepping stone. From this job, she has entered the teaching industry, she will have what to put on her CV to apply for better offers.
Obviously, the money is not the issue for op now.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Just Got A Job by Germi9: 12:16pm On Dec 25, 2021
Good. Congrats to her..mine just lost hers due to a heartless distributor she works with in Minna,i just hope and pray she finds another cos it won’t be easy for me alone taking care of her and our son considering the economic situation of things in the country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Just Got A Job by Klass99(f): 12:16pm On Dec 25, 2021

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Just Got A Job by captaininiobong(m): 12:17pm On Dec 25, 2021
How would you be happy over your wife earnig 20k? Are you been paid 20k? Why not allow here to go learn affiliate marketing and earn more or any available digital skill make she go learn and make *five of the money as salary.
Re: My Wife Just Got A Job by house10s: 12:17pm On Dec 25, 2021
emerich:

My job pays our bills quite well, I was celebrating because finally she had gotten a job and won't be a full time housewife, only if you knew how many applications she had submitted, celebrating small wins would create an avenue for the bigger picture, make she go work jare, an idle mind is the devil's workshop.

as the devil use her mind before now?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Just Got A Job by FarahAideed: 12:18pm On Dec 25, 2021
Let her not go na develope amorous relationship there sha..I know what I am saying

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Just Got A Job by SocialJustice: 12:18pm On Dec 25, 2021
N20k job na job? You won't look for a proper income for your wife so she can support you financially when the need arises instead you're celebrating a job where you still have to support the employed.

What if something happens to your income oga? Abegi.

Npower people self are well paid than some.

Lessons can be very lucrative though, I hope your wife is able to tap into that resource.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Just Got A Job by iscom(m): 12:18pm On Dec 25, 2021
Congratulations
Re: My Wife Just Got A Job by Collins0609(m): 12:19pm On Dec 25, 2021
Nice
Re: My Wife Just Got A Job by princewarri1985: 12:21pm On Dec 25, 2021
WTF! 20k monthly? That's modern day slavery, it is better she sit at home to take care of your son and the home while you pay her the 20k monthly! That's my take,

1 Like

Re: My Wife Just Got A Job by michoim(m): 12:21pm On Dec 25, 2021
Congratulations!!!
Re: My Wife Just Got A Job by juman(m): 12:22pm On Dec 25, 2021
Let her start from there, she would get better job latter.
Re: My Wife Just Got A Job by Thanos5555: 12:22pm On Dec 25, 2021
odimbannamdi:

I don't get it. Is it a bad thing for one to "work under somebody"?

Are you a slave and you trying to enslave her also, it really unfair and bad, she will get to work from 8am to 4pm or probably 2pm, for 20k, while you have enough money to open shop, which she can close and go home to attend to emergencies and probably expand to be able to support you in future or God forbid, if something bad happens to you,

But instead of you to think of her future, you are trying to show off your own good income

Edit: if something g bad happens to you, in this useless Nigeria, your wife will become a beggar on the streets, that is your plan right

1 Like

Re: My Wife Just Got A Job by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:22pm On Dec 25, 2021
emerich:
Hey nairalanders!

Does she have a passion for teaching?

If she doesn't, then your desire to ensure she is able to exercise her brain may not be fulfilled.

You see, all these mushroom schools that pay paltry salaries are usually not the right place to demonstrate one's learning. Usually, they are poorly staffed so much so that you may be called upon to teach a subject that does nothing to help you. Also, since they pay crap as salaries, quality is always a rare commodity. It tells in the body of staff, as well as the body of learners. Will your wife grow in such a piss-poor environment? Will she achieve job satisfaction?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Just Got A Job by samwillyco1(m): 12:26pm On Dec 25, 2021
emerich:
Hey nairalanders!

Why not start up a business for her since you sound so comfortable and we'll balanced. Let her be her own BOSS and from there business empire will be expanded.
Re: My Wife Just Got A Job by Mrkumareze(m): 12:26pm On Dec 25, 2021
Op, you mean she couldn't find 20k Job for the past years How much is your son's fee in the creche ? Your wife ll need more than 20k to update her wears to work, not to mention other monthly n daily needs... please get her to learn a tangible handwork, it ll be of help to both of u... working in sch where she's receiving 20k ll get her weaker n hopeless

1 Like

Re: My Wife Just Got A Job by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 25, 2021
Wazobia2216:

Took my time to read through! You are already talking about spending more on a worker!

Just get ready to shoulder more responsibility because private schools sabi use person like say tomorrow no dey!

Also, put on the clothes of understanding, now that she's going to work, she might not be as energetic as she use to be!

At times even at night! Hmmmmm

I no know why you no open shop for am or she starts creche at home where she can manage her own business and have time for you, your kid and your home!

A word is enough for the wise!
poverty in Nigeria has beclouded our sense of wear and tear with relationship to output. A friend's wife was given two employments.. one at a broadcast station that costs 150# to go, but pays 125k monthly , morning till 5;50 pm, Mon to sat work, , and one at a very perfect private school that costs #50 keke, a stone throw from home, but pays 85k and it's from Mon to Friday, morning till 2pm. I worked hard to convince his wife to take the private school work, she now has two private student she lectures at same time who pay 50 k monthly combined... Still in same area she stays

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Just Got A Job by Thanos5555: 12:28pm On Dec 25, 2021
house10s:

my woman is quiting hers because the 20k isn't doing much, it's just to get her out of the house.

20k n u are happy n u are even going to b giving her 20k unto for her tf.

just give her d 20k let her b taking care of the kid(s).

I really think the author is unintentionally trying to destroy his wife......

He should speak to you to understand better,

He thinks he will have his job forever, he also thinks nothing bad can ever happen to him, he is playing with the future of his children, when he has money

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Just Got A Job by Nobody: 12:29pm On Dec 25, 2021
Underemployment.

Congrats
Re: My Wife Just Got A Job by Dnonny14(m): 12:31pm On Dec 25, 2021
Inasmuch as I appreciate u celebrating a small win, I will equally berate you a little.

So, what will 20k job for ur wife do? Or do u just want her to be going out everyday and nothing to show... Dat's slavery.

Start a business for her, even opening a common POS for her will do better Dan dat work. Just think, think, think deeply bro, cost of living this days aren't funny unless u resides in ur village. Just think brah.[quote author=BluntTheApostle post=108802394]

Does she have a passion for teaching?

If she doesn't, then your desire to ensure she is able to exercise her brain may not be fulfilled.

You see, all these mushroom schools that pay paltry salaries are usually not the right place to demonstrate one's learning. Usually, they are poorly staffed so much so that you may be called upon to teach a subject that does nothing to help you. Also, since they pay crap as salaries, quality is always a rare commodity. It tells in the body of staff, as well as the body of learners. Will your wife grow in such a piss-poor environment? Will she achieve job satisfaction?
Re: My Wife Just Got A Job by AgricMaster: 12:39pm On Dec 25, 2021
emerich:
Hey nairalanders!

congrats
getting a job is a milestone
in Nigeria.

and you have to celebrate milestones in your goal achieving process
Re: My Wife Just Got A Job by Topshow2010(m): 12:44pm On Dec 25, 2021
If you truly you can afford to give her 20k in addition to dt meagre salary of 20k, i believed u are capable of setting her up with a small business or shop rather than such slavery u are rejoicing over. sad

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Raises N-power Gear, Half Million Beneficiaries By 1 August / Graduate Jobs In Abuja At Bilview Energy / National Hospital, Abuja Recruitment 2017. See Vacancies & Apply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.