Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,772 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

EFCC Arrests Khalil Bashir Lawan With 576 ATM Cards At Kano Airport - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Arrests Khalil Bashir Lawan With 576 ATM Cards At Kano Airport (24608 Views)

Customs Intercept Dubai-bound Passenger With 2,886 ATM Cards At Lagos Airport / 7 Kano Airport Officials Who Plant Drugs On Passengers' Luggage Caught (video Up / South Africans Torture An ATM Cards Scammer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Arrests Khalil Bashir Lawan With 576 ATM Cards At Kano Airport by joelag: 6:32pm On Dec 21, 2021
damosade:

Bro, there is no prepaid card without a corresponding account number.

OK?

They have in Europe, I don't know about here in Nigeria.
Re: EFCC Arrests Khalil Bashir Lawan With 576 ATM Cards At Kano Airport by cleish(m): 6:33pm On Dec 21, 2021
damosade:

OK?

I currently have two UBA & Access, they’re not linked to my bank accounts and I use them for online transactions only...
Re: EFCC Arrests Khalil Bashir Lawan With 576 ATM Cards At Kano Airport by Ekpekus(m): 6:49pm On Dec 21, 2021
HonNL:

EFCC
So EFCC can't spell conspiracy
Re: EFCC Arrests Khalil Bashir Lawan With 576 ATM Cards At Kano Airport by Nobody: 7:02pm On Dec 21, 2021
olatade:
How manage all these ATM, which name are on them, is it stolen or gotten from the banks, EFCC should investigate the matter further, many bank managers are involved.

Corruption is now synonymous to Nigerians.

The perpetrators hire people to go to the bank and open an account and subsequently applied for an ATM card. They collect the bank details and the card and pay the hired people, to my knowledge, #10, 000.

This is an open-secret in Kano.

I saw it myself in 2013 in one of Keystone branches in Kano state, and bank staff told me so.
Re: EFCC Arrests Khalil Bashir Lawan With 576 ATM Cards At Kano Airport by UnabashedIPOB: 7:09pm On Dec 21, 2021
The suspect, Khalil Bashir Lawan was intercepted on Monday, December 20, 2021, by operatives of the Commission in collaboration with Nigeria Aviation Security and Nigeria Customs Service under the aegis of Special Task Force on Money Laundering.

A Fulani man arrested for Credit Card fraud? Nah, that can not be. I thought they are above board as some of them idiots would like us to believe. They claim only the southerners are into Credit Card fraud. What a bunch of losers!
Re: EFCC Arrests Khalil Bashir Lawan With 576 ATM Cards At Kano Airport by uzomakanaki(m): 7:12pm On Dec 21, 2021
vibbb:

EFCC should not only arrest the cards smuggler but also the insource from all the banks. It's not possible to pull all this number of cards out from the without internal culprits.
Re: EFCC Arrests Khalil Bashir Lawan With 576 ATM Cards At Kano Airport by Babaken(m): 7:22pm On Dec 21, 2021
He dey sale card ni
Re: EFCC Arrests Khalil Bashir Lawan With 576 ATM Cards At Kano Airport by iyke2frankeze: 7:36pm On Dec 21, 2021
Why are Abokis always trafficking ATM cards?
Re: EFCC Arrests Khalil Bashir Lawan With 576 ATM Cards At Kano Airport by seunayantokun(m): 7:42pm On Dec 21, 2021
Terrorists' account clerk
Re: EFCC Arrests Khalil Bashir Lawan With 576 ATM Cards At Kano Airport by papijoe1(m): 7:45pm On Dec 21, 2021
Even the Efcc cannot spell correctly. Nothing surprises me anymore about this country call Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Khalil Bashir Lawan With 576 ATM Cards At Kano Airport by Mleeperbother: 7:56pm On Dec 21, 2021
For arbitrage biz?
Re: EFCC Arrests Khalil Bashir Lawan With 576 ATM Cards At Kano Airport by elantraceey(f): 7:57pm On Dec 21, 2021
damosade:

OK?

Don't speak ignorantly. Prepaid cards have their own numbers and are not linked to any bank account.
Re: EFCC Arrests Khalil Bashir Lawan With 576 ATM Cards At Kano Airport by Ronix150: 9:07pm On Dec 21, 2021
Murio001:
I'd like to know where and how they get these cards and what they use them for.

The cards belongs to different account holders, and re not loaded yet. They would be taking to abroad to do doller transaction, each blue card is entitle to 1k dola monthly, and each 100 dola has about 8k profit.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Khalil Bashir Lawan With 576 ATM Cards At Kano Airport by Coolgent(m): 10:33pm On Dec 21, 2021
Passionate888:
One idiot once said northerners are not into fraudulent activities

You can't justify the action of one person to judge millions
Re: EFCC Arrests Khalil Bashir Lawan With 576 ATM Cards At Kano Airport by oredegbe01(m): 11:07pm On Dec 21, 2021
internal frauds is rampant in banks nowadays
especially Access bank
why is it that any money that enters my account access must deduct without telling me what the deduction is all about

everyone dey do anyhow because we're in a lawless State
Re: EFCC Arrests Khalil Bashir Lawan With 576 ATM Cards At Kano Airport by MikkieEl: 11:08pm On Dec 21, 2021
cleish:

This aren’t the usual naira debit cards but they’re PREPAID cards which is not linked to any bank Account but has money on it... it works same way as America Credit card system.

We have two types —
1. Local prepaid card.
2. International prepaid card.

Visit your bank for more information...

Moreover, the cards might come from more than one branches

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Khalil Bashir Lawan With 576 ATM Cards At Kano Airport by alexola20(m): 6:47am On Dec 22, 2021
Why can’t THIEFFCC also go for the banks that issued those cards.

Oh forgerrit ẹniti ilẹ mọ ba ni barawo.
Re: EFCC Arrests Khalil Bashir Lawan With 576 ATM Cards At Kano Airport by Murio001: 7:42am On Dec 22, 2021
Ronix150:

The cards belongs to different account holders, and re not loaded yet. They would be taking to abroad to do doller transaction, each blue card is entitle to 1k dola monthly, and each 100 dola has about 8k profit.
Wow, thanks for the info
Re: EFCC Arrests Khalil Bashir Lawan With 576 ATM Cards At Kano Airport by damosade(m): 12:26pm On Dec 22, 2021
elantraceey:

Don't speak ignorantly. Prepaid cards have their own numbers and are not linked to any bank account.

OLODO leleyi ni..
The number that the card was linked to is what.. ?
Who is ignorant.. What I proccessed for 8 good years.
Re: EFCC Arrests Khalil Bashir Lawan With 576 ATM Cards At Kano Airport by damosade(m): 12:30pm On Dec 22, 2021
cleish:

I currently have two UBA & Access, they’re not linked to my bank accounts and I use them for online transactions only...

Yes there is separate account number created for the purpose..
It is called prepaid account number.
Could be in naira or dollar variant
You can only credit the account and use your card to cash out on ATM or online.
Re: EFCC Arrests Khalil Bashir Lawan With 576 ATM Cards At Kano Airport by NGArmyTerrorist: 1:08pm On Dec 22, 2021
This particular people and region doesn't commit crimes, they hate scamming people, frauds, killing, drug dealers, they don't engage themselves into such crimes but what is this one doing with a thousands of ATM, to wipe out the savings of innocent people.

Re: EFCC Arrests Khalil Bashir Lawan With 576 ATM Cards At Kano Airport by Hassanmaye(m): 7:32pm On Dec 22, 2021
candidbabe:
Southerners should wake up.
Northerners who do not have any natural resources are looting our treasury dry.
Will you shut up
Re: EFCC Arrests Khalil Bashir Lawan With 576 ATM Cards At Kano Airport by Hassanmaye(m): 7:33pm On Dec 22, 2021
NwaNimo1:
Pre-paid ATM cards loaded up with loot!

[img]https://c./Sq7rY9NKKd4AAAAC/oscars-standing-ovation.gif[/img]

Terrorist Fund Raisers!
Will you shut up
Re: EFCC Arrests Khalil Bashir Lawan With 576 ATM Cards At Kano Airport by Hassanmaye(m): 7:43pm On Dec 22, 2021
Rootprof:
Have been hearing this kind news frequently these days. Abeg like how much will be in each ATM card ?

Sebi name dey ontop each cards abi na same name all carry ? Arresting the real owners should not be issue now or blank card don dey ni ?

Like the saying NIGERIA IS RICH BUT NIGRIANS ARE POOR.
He will deposit certain amount of money buy Dollar convert it to Naira and Cash out
Re: EFCC Arrests Khalil Bashir Lawan With 576 ATM Cards At Kano Airport by Hassanmaye(m): 7:44pm On Dec 22, 2021
bcashy:
Wats up with all these Access bank card!?
You buy dollars and convert it to Naira then Cash out
Re: EFCC Arrests Khalil Bashir Lawan With 576 ATM Cards At Kano Airport by Hassanmaye(m): 7:56pm On Dec 22, 2021
Murio001:
I'd like to know where and how they get these cards and what they use them for.
We have told you they buy dollars with it and convert Naira
Re: EFCC Arrests Khalil Bashir Lawan With 576 ATM Cards At Kano Airport by bcashy: 8:12pm On Dec 22, 2021
Hassanmaye:

You buy dollars and convert it to Naira then Cash out

Thought they said there is limit on all these cards? Or more reason they have in large numbers?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Khalil Bashir Lawan With 576 ATM Cards At Kano Airport by Hassanmaye(m): 8:25pm On Dec 22, 2021
bcashy:

Thought they said there is limit on all these cards? Or more reason they have in large numbers?
Yes
Depending on the amount of money you deposit you if you deposit 100k in access bank master card buy Dollar and convert it to Naira you will get close to 12k at once, and this will not take you more than 10 minutes, imagine you have 100 cards.
Most of them collect money from people to do it and refund Them the money with interest, So easy

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Khalil Bashir Lawan With 576 ATM Cards At Kano Airport by Ooe33: 5:08am On Dec 23, 2021
It's very possible to get more than a thousand cards without internal collusion in the NORTH. They will even dash u their account sef

vibbb:

EFCC should not only arrest the cards smuggler but also the insource from all the banks. It's not possible to pull all this number of cards out from a bank without internal culprits.
Re: EFCC Arrests Khalil Bashir Lawan With 576 ATM Cards At Kano Airport by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 23, 2021
candidbabe:
Southerners should wake up.
Northerners who do not have any natural resources are looting our treasury dry.

They are doing these things for top civil servants and politicians.

He is not the owner of the money.

Their oga buhary has given all top positions in the country to his clan.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Man Arrested For Pouring Hot Oil On Wife In Abia / Nigerian Man Arrested For Stabbing Landlord To Death In Ghana (photo) / 8 More Nigerians Face Execution In Indonesia – Diaspora Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.