Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,397 members, 7,846,661 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Expect 5% merry, 95% work from me-Soludo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Expect 5% merry, 95% work from me-Soludo (391 Views)

Statement On Peter Obi’s $100m Investment Worth False, Not From Me ― Soludo / Soludo: Expect 5% Merry, 95% Work From Me / Anambra Poll: Why Obiano Wants To Hand Over To Me - Soludo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Expect 5% merry, 95% work from me-Soludo by TonyRazor(m): 8:08pm On Dec 21, 2021
Expect 5% merry, 95% work from me -Soludo

Below is the post by Governor-elect, Prof Chukwuma Soludo.

Ìhè eji e cheta mmadụ bụ ọlụ

There is a pervasive misconception amongst some of our people about politics (the period leading up to elections) and governance.

The belief that “politics” is the toil/work and governance is “merry”, constitutes a major cog in the wheel of public progress. For me, I hold that all the troubles that come with securing the people’s mandate constitute, at most, 5% of the work. The other 95% rests on the actual work, toil and expectation that comes with providing good governance. And, If this must be significantly achieved, then merry must mean the fulfilment of substantial public good; which in itself is about a cycle of continuous work.

This mindset was at the heart of our modest achievement in previous private and public sector endeavours. While we were reconstructing the pillars of our financial institutions, there were naysayers who benefited from the debilitating status quo. They were disappointed by our tenacity to achieve set goals.

The beauty of such disappointments is that the plight of the overwhelming majority of voiceless citizens takes the front burner, and somehow, the universe unites on the side of the oppressed. The reward is usually shared by all, so much so, that the past is taken for granted.

If there was a “good old day”, then it should only get better, not worse.

CC. Soludo

3 Likes

Re: Expect 5% merry, 95% work from me-Soludo by Frigga13: 8:17pm On Dec 21, 2021
This man wan be okorocha? All this talks Na for who? Wey you know be yoruba...

Oga anambrAins Na work we wan see no be motivational speaker.. soludo show all working,
Anambra Na very expensive soup wey go done wen New York start to competite with her. Add your own ingredients and move on.. show your ruggedity and get igbos the President.

Make we see the region wey go still doubt.
Re: Expect 5% merry, 95% work from me-Soludo by Jidemoo: 8:24pm On Dec 21, 2021
Ok.... noted

Observing from afar
Re: Expect 5% merry, 95% work from me-Soludo by slivertongue: 8:38pm On Dec 21, 2021
Talkative don start. Wait till you take over
Re: Expect 5% merry, 95% work from me-Soludo by Nobody: 1:34am On Dec 22, 2021
Welcome to the throne of Anambra His Excellency. This is a faceless forum but it must be said how we fought for you, made enemies for you and all with the hope that you will retrieve Anambra from the pit of hell dug by Obiano. I'm not sure you want to hear this but every Anambra person thinks that Obiano will be the greatest impediment to your delivering the dividends. The man has caused trouble in so many towns in the State in a bid to satiate his greed. Making mess of the land use act he has converted so many communities' lands to his private estates managed by proxies with the pretext that all lands belong to the governor. And in each of the communities where this happened, he partnered with the worst of the crooks among them. Your reign must first seek to bring peace in Anambra by shunning Obiano type of wickedness, greed, covetousness, primitive accumulation, Aguleri action of the state and so on. You must govern and bequeath a state governed by and for Anambrarians.
Re: Expect 5% merry, 95% work from me-Soludo by Dorcmass(m): 7:15am On Dec 22, 2021
Better run my guy kiss
Re: Expect 5% merry, 95% work from me-Soludo by kettykings: 7:24am On Dec 22, 2021
Good God bless you
Re: Expect 5% merry, 95% work from me-Soludo by bcomputer101: 7:26am On Dec 22, 2021
Aruwo ko ni music ooooo

Empty barrel lo ma un pawuro.

1 Like

Re: Expect 5% merry, 95% work from me-Soludo by wallex1983(m): 7:27am On Dec 22, 2021
Buhari no talk this one, 2015. Nigerians expect work.

As Buhari enter like this, gear just hook. No movement again. We come dey wonder...

Ọ̀gá gofanọ, watch ya back o
Re: Expect 5% merry, 95% work from me-Soludo by wallex1983(m): 7:33am On Dec 22, 2021
Why make enemies for him? I don't get. Will he have peace with more enemies?

Ikegwuru:
Welcome to the throne of Anambra His Excellency. This is a faceless forum but it must be said how we fought for you, made enemies for you and all with the hope that you will retrieve Anambra from the pit of hell dug by Obiano. I'm not sure you want to hear this but every Anambra person thinks that Obiano will be the greatest impediment to your delivering the dividends. The man has caused trouble in so many towns in the State in a bid to satiate his greed. Making mess of the land use act he has converted so many communities' lands to his private estates managed by proxies with the pretext that all lands belong to the governor. And in each of the communities where this happened, he partnered with the worst of the crooks among them. Your reign must first seek to bring peace in Anambra by shunning Obiano type of wickedness, greed, covetousness, primitive accumulation, Aguleri action of the state and so on. You must govern and bequeath a state governed by and for Anambrarians.
Re: Expect 5% merry, 95% work from me-Soludo by markgibbs: 12:46pm On Dec 22, 2021
Eradication of Touts in our markets should be prioritized.

All talk and no actions would retrograde the state worse
Re: Expect 5% merry, 95% work from me-Soludo by BlackfireX: 1:45pm On Dec 22, 2021
Who is this one again?? All this igbo noise makers, tomorrow he will be selling kerosene as dividends of democracy

Poor state... poor people....poor loud mouth confused govnor

(1) (Reply)

How Abuja Policemen Tagged Me And My Brother IPOB Members, Extorted 500K - Buchi / meth – Nigeria’s Rebirth Begins? / Babayemi's Supporters Jubilate Over Success Recorded At Party Screening.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.