Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,429 members, 7,815,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? (20206 Views)

My Wound Is Taking Forever To Heal (Graphic) / Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? / Why It Is Bad To Completely Shave Your Pubic Hair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by flokii: 5:58pm On Dec 24, 2021
alaricsaltzman:

Alcohol is forbidden in Islam.

Soft drinks aren't.

So what's your point?

Islam should have made soft drinks forbidden too considering the negative health impacts on people..

Alcohol as we know is as old as time itself, maybe that's why your islam captured it as forbidden.
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by Grandmeister(m): 5:58pm On Dec 24, 2021
alaricsaltzman:

Alcohol is forbidden in Islam.

Soft drinks aren't.

So what's your point?
The point is that the forbidden one is even less dangerous than the unforbidden one! Cigarettes is not forbidden in Islam but people die in their thousands every year from it. Do you know that fermented palm wine is alcoholic? But yet more healthy than your Pepsi and coke. What an irony.

1 Like

Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by flokii: 6:00pm On Dec 24, 2021
Grandmeister:

The point is that the forbidden one is even less dangerous than the unforbidden one! Cigarettes is not forbidden in Islam but people die in their thousands every year from it. Do you know that fermented palm wine is alcoholic? But yet more healthy than your Pepsi and coke. What an irony.

Please tell them..

I'm surprised islam didn't forbid cigarettes that give people lung cancer but singled-out alcohol of all drinks.
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by IzzyAgu: 6:04pm On Dec 24, 2021
flokii:

Please tell them..

I'm surprised islam didn't forbid cigarettes that give people lung cancer but singled-out alcohol of all drinks.
Imams and Alfas dey snuff. grin
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by flokii: 6:06pm On Dec 24, 2021
doyin01:

Ignorance is truly a disease...only if you know the amount of sugar present in those beer that you drink...or because alcohol taste bitter then you think the sugar content is low compared to soft drinks??

The sugar content is soft drink is definitely higher than that of beer (which I don't advise too)..

The point is that if you must stay away from alcohol, then it's better you run from soft drinks too.
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by boom99(m): 6:13pm On Dec 24, 2021
Took predator everyday. Body tell me. No be person tell me to stop.
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by Amanda4life: 6:13pm On Dec 24, 2021
Truvelisback:
Good day, Fellas. I wanna know whether taking just a soft drink once everyday is bad to the health. From on Sarturday to Monday , i have been taking a soft(40cl Mirinda) along with food every afternoon. It was only yesterday that i didn't take a soft drink. No e be say e no hungry me ooo. I had to forcefully resist the urge of taking it. I felt there could be side effects.

So LONG AS I LIKE DIABETES

1 Like

Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by Elsueno: 6:13pm On Dec 24, 2021
flokii:
Your regular soft drinks are worse than alcoholic drinks.. reason I laugh at some muslims who don't take alcohol but drink bigi and co. like their lives depend on it.

I think they don't take anything that causes drunkness/intoxication not necessarily for the sugar or health issue associated with it grin
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by NairaMaster1(m): 6:20pm On Dec 24, 2021
Truvelisback:
Good day, Fellas. I wanna know whether taking just a soft drink once everyday is bad to the health. From on Sarturday to Monday , i have been taking a soft(40cl Mirinda) along with food every afternoon. It was only yesterday that i didn't take a soft drink. No e be say e no hungry me ooo. I had to forcefully resist the urge of taking it. I felt there could be side effects.

Very bad. Take water.
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by bluefilm: 6:22pm On Dec 24, 2021
Truvelisback:

Continue drinking.

When you reach like 60 years and you are battling with diabetes, na dat time e go do you voom for eye.

1 Like

Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by Emmerlee(m): 6:22pm On Dec 24, 2021
uthlaw:
Is bad,when got addicted, it affect when getting old... Diabetes!

Where do you guys learn that diabetes is caused by sugar and soda? That's so untrue. You can help yourself with Google if in doubt.

1 Like

Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by Truvelisback(m): 6:23pm On Dec 24, 2021
bluefilm:

Continue drinking.

When you reach like 60 years and you are battling with diabetes, na dat time e go do you voom for eye.
I sweat alot. Does it matter?
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by doyin01: 6:24pm On Dec 24, 2021
flokii:

The sugar content is soft drink is definitely higher than that of beer (which I don't advise too)..

The point is that if you must stay away from alcohol, then it's better you run from soft drinks too.
@ the bolded..

Keep displaying your ignorance on the internet...

1 Like

Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by ucheuzor1(m): 6:25pm On Dec 24, 2021
We eat food everyday and we are not dead. Hence taking drink everyday isn't harmful.

People smoke packs of cigarettes daily and nothing has happened to them.
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by Omadachi(m): 6:26pm On Dec 24, 2021
Depend on your age.If you are above 30 years then it will be dangerous to your health and you will be inviting diabetes.
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by Truvelisback(m): 6:26pm On Dec 24, 2021
flokii:

No, i don't think sugar content in soft drink is higher.

1 Like

Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by Iamolukorede(m): 6:26pm On Dec 24, 2021
You should try and cut the chase on sugary soft like that one.

Reduce your intake of such carbonated drinks and besides how old are you ?.. taking orange juice or mango juice all thru the week is far much helpful to your healthy system than carbonated drinks, it only contains colouring with plenty sugar.
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 6:26pm On Dec 24, 2021
Nothing bad if you can exercise everyday to burn it out. If you are a married man, soft drinks everyday is not good for your manhood. If you get what I mean.
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by Nostring: 6:26pm On Dec 24, 2021
flokii:

lol olodo, because softdrink sweet ,u dey reason d sugar pass beer huh...which school u go?

2 Likes

Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by porthouse7(f): 6:27pm On Dec 24, 2021
Truvelisback:
Bros, it's just 40cl, just once in a day. Is it too much? I just managed to resist the urge yesterday even though resisting the urge wasn't that easy. By the way, i like to use am step down my afternoon food, like rice, BB(Bread and Beans) etc.
just say B2... only last guys will understand
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by porthouse7(f): 6:28pm On Dec 24, 2021
Quietstorm1:

Today is my little sister birthday but as a broke big bro, I can't do much. Help!
2..0..9..1..6..3..6..1..4 ..6.
U.B.A
u are begging because of lil sis birthday? u berra talk true

1 Like

Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by AloneTK: 6:32pm On Dec 24, 2021
Trust me, you don’t want to experience the bad side.

Getting advice on this platform is not a determinant.
Conscious efforts from you is what matters.
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by Truvelisback(m): 6:32pm On Dec 24, 2021
bluefilm:

Continue drinking.

I sweat alot. Does it matter?
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by Bifwoli: 6:32pm On Dec 24, 2021
Truvelisback:
Watch this here ....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqnUohxXV0I
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by Bifwoli: 6:35pm On Dec 24, 2021
Karleb:
Very very bad.

In a year that's 365 bottles.
What about those who drink alcohol daily?
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by joinnow: 6:37pm On Dec 24, 2021
Truvelisback:

Op
wanna know whether taking just 13 cubes of sugar once everyday is bad to the health. From on Sarturday to Monday

1 Like

Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by MartinsD12(m): 6:41pm On Dec 24, 2021
Truvelisback:
While not twice a week but even that once a day is not good because all this chemical foods are the cause of cancer these days so take more of health cooked food to boost immune system, am not saying mirinda causes cancer am saying too much of it it's bad and might trigger it

1 Like

Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by FaithBrain1994(m): 6:42pm On Dec 24, 2021
Truvelisback:
Bros, it's just 40cl, just once in a day. Is it too much? I just managed to resist the urge yesterday even though resisting the urge wasn't that easy. By the way, i like to use am step down my afternoon food, like rice, BB(Bread and Beans) etc.
Someone magnanimously advised and here you are sounding rude. Nigerians! Tuah!
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by Truvelisback(m): 6:44pm On Dec 24, 2021
FaithBrain1994:
Someone magnanimously advised and here you are sounding rude. Nigerians! Tuah!
How did i sound rude? Do u know what it means to be rude?
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by Truvelisback(m): 6:50pm On Dec 24, 2021
joinnow:

Op
wanna know whether taking just 13 cubes of sugar once everyday is bad to the health. From on Sarturday to Monday
13 cubes of sugar once everyday is much compared to that of mirinda. I don't think the sugar in a 4cl bottle of Mirinda is not up to 13 cubes.
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by cj4humanity: 6:52pm On Dec 24, 2021
The drink of wise men-water

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos Discharges 15 More COVID-19 Patients / Residents Lament As Ogun Major Roads Turn Dump Site (Photos) / Sickle Cell: "Dreams Shattered, Disappointed But Survived" - Nigerian Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.