Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,200 members, 7,835,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

NYSC Backs Army On Detention Of Female Soldier Who Accepted Corper's Proposal - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Backs Army On Detention Of Female Soldier Who Accepted Corper's Proposal (23537 Views)

Army Releases Female Soldier Who Accepted Marriage Proposal From Youth Corps / Army Arrests Female Soldier Who Was Proposed To By A Corps Member(Pictures). / Corper Proposes To Female Soldier At Ebonyi NYSC Camp (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC Backs Army On Detention Of Female Soldier Who Accepted Corper's Proposal by sulakishop(m): 9:31am On Dec 22, 2021
I don't find this strange because NYSC DG is also a military person...

At the same time, the Corp Member should have done the proposal on a low key
Re: NYSC Backs Army On Detention Of Female Soldier Who Accepted Corper's Proposal by rottennaija(m): 9:32am On Dec 22, 2021
Iliveforever:

Ok, Nigerian Army should then kill her from accepting a marriage proposal

You are jumping from one faulty argument to another while the main issue dangles before you. It reminds me of a time some years ago when my brother used my dad's phone to make a call. He apparently exhausted the man's airtime. When my dad spoke with him about it and was very particular that he should have asked for permission from him. My brother became angry, instead of apologising decided to buy airtime to replaced what he had used. I told him that what my dad wanted was very simple, he didn't asked you to replace his airtime but simply asked for permission.

It seems people deliberately refused to see what the main issue is. I will have no further response to you.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Backs Army On Detention Of Female Soldier Who Accepted Corper's Proposal by woleabayo(f): 9:32am On Dec 22, 2021
we joke too much in Nigeria
Re: NYSC Backs Army On Detention Of Female Soldier Who Accepted Corper's Proposal by rottennaija(m): 9:33am On Dec 22, 2021
Iliveforever:

Even your moniker comes to mind

Yeah. When you say the country is rotten, is it the landscape? The ground? The rivers? Or it is the people?
Re: NYSC Backs Army On Detention Of Female Soldier Who Accepted Corper's Proposal by Realhommie(m): 9:34am On Dec 22, 2021
Iliveforever:
What kind of country do we really have.
So the female soldier should never have joy or doesn’t she have feelings?
She should just quit
You lot are too sentimental and emotional... No one is saying she should not have joy but don't flaunt the rules... If you can't stand the heat in the kitchen then please leave.

The Nigerian Army as an institution is guided by set rules and laws so if you are to be a personel you must be ready to abide by those rules.. The Army has repeatedly said she was not supposed to be engaged while on official duty, worst still it was PDA something which also flaunted their social media policy while on duty, and again she must have served for 3 years at least before she'll be eligible for marriage yet you lot keep being blind to the rules or laws.

I don't understand why this generation always feel the need to make public everything, as in what's even the essence or relevance? Or do you not know if the engagement wasn't publicized we will not be here in the first place? She made her bed, let her lay on it. She will not die but learn from this.

When cute Abiola flaunted the Navy standing rules and also disobeyed direct orders he was punished for 1 month, the heavens didn't fall.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Backs Army On Detention Of Female Soldier Who Accepted Corper's Proposal by torqque7(m): 9:40am On Dec 22, 2021
Wait I don’t understand..They have no right to choose who she can love and marry,the only problem I have with her is how she was kissing and romancing him in public eye wearing her uniform,it portrays a picture of weakness and vulnerability which shouldn’t be anywhere near the idea of military.Godluck to her sha

1 Like

Re: NYSC Backs Army On Detention Of Female Soldier Who Accepted Corper's Proposal by goldman777: 9:41am On Dec 22, 2021
This doesn't hold water in a civilized society like the U.S.A the Corper is not underaged and the soldiers is not underaged a proposal doesn't mean she has married the guy he maybe ready to wait for 3yrs but engage his love their is no crime in this Nigeria is a backward country with a backward army victimizing her for nothing male soldiers kiss and marry on proposals and weddings wearing uniform online with pictures every time,in a sane country she can sue the army and win in court

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Backs Army On Detention Of Female Soldier Who Accepted Corper's Proposal by Fame1309(f): 9:50am On Dec 22, 2021
Iliveforever:
She should just quit
She was given orientation before she became a soldier,she knows the rules of the army.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Backs Army On Detention Of Female Soldier Who Accepted Corper's Proposal by Fame1309(f): 9:53am On Dec 22, 2021
Oche211:
This issue has been overflogged.
Kilode na, na love she love, she no kill anyone.
Nobody is looking at the possibility of them dating even before they got to the camp.

Make them free the dude and the banny. Them no kill anybody. Na love join them together.

Is it not the same army that keeps shooting at unarmed civilians and nothing has been done about that.
Let's start the discussion from those killings and let the army accept it's culpability in the some many killings in the south.
Not on duty.should have been done outside duty.
Re: NYSC Backs Army On Detention Of Female Soldier Who Accepted Corper's Proposal by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 22, 2021
Iliveforever:

Specify Nigerian Army alone..
You can never see this kind of news in advanced country

Disciplinary problems exist in other armies...including developed armies

For instance, in the US Army, if a soldier sleeps with another soldier's spouse...that's one year imprisonment.

Also, some armies DO have marriage restrictions.....

Army life is a harsh life. It runs on discipline. You and I aren't meant to like it.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Backs Army On Detention Of Female Soldier Who Accepted Corper's Proposal by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:03am On Dec 22, 2021
Iliveforever:
She should just quit

Please, read well.

No one is saying they should not date, but he was a trainee of hers. It is not allowed in any military in the world.

Moreover, she has to wait 3 years after enlistment to have any such relationships.

This is even fair. Some enlists in the US Army are not even allowed to date, let alone marry. They have to be good in shape, both in mind and body. In fact, they will not even have the time.

The military is not for everyone. She knew what she signed up for.

All of you are just being emotional over nothing.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Backs Army On Detention Of Female Soldier Who Accepted Corper's Proposal by sterlingD(m): 10:04am On Dec 22, 2021
The guy should have been street smart about the whole thing.Code and run everything coded.She gbadu you and you gbadu her keep it on the low until the right time to announce (as the case may be) and dont make a loud annoucement.
Re: NYSC Backs Army On Detention Of Female Soldier Who Accepted Corper's Proposal by worldclass68(m): 10:05am On Dec 22, 2021
Who is nysc who is army undecided

Army is the one in charge nysc
Re: NYSC Backs Army On Detention Of Female Soldier Who Accepted Corper's Proposal by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:06am On Dec 22, 2021
backbencher:

Disciplinary problems exist in other armies...including developed armies

For instance, in the US Army, if a soldier sleeps with another soldier's spouse...that's one year imprisonment.

Also, some armies DO have marriage restrictions.....

Army life is a harsh life. It runs on discipline. You and I aren't meant to like it.

Exactly.

Even within the US Army, units have differing requirements.

Many units don't permit personnel to date anyone in that unit, or a subordinate.

Enlists are usually not allowed to even date for some years.

Many of these commenters think military life is like civilian life.

There are too many restrictions in military life. The good thing is that everyone is informed before they join. So, it is not the fault of the military.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NYSC Backs Army On Detention Of Female Soldier Who Accepted Corper's Proposal by adolebenito17(m): 10:07am On Dec 22, 2021
that means the female soldiers should not get married again
wahala for 9ja army...
Re: NYSC Backs Army On Detention Of Female Soldier Who Accepted Corper's Proposal by archbishop007(m): 10:08am On Dec 22, 2021
Deebleszed:

I can guide you through three different skills.

Affiliate Marketing
Copywriting
But your seriousness counts

At what rate
Re: NYSC Backs Army On Detention Of Female Soldier Who Accepted Corper's Proposal by SavageResponse(m): 10:08am On Dec 22, 2021
Iliveforever:
She should just quit

What she did is akin to a teacher in a secondary school accepting a marriage proposal from one of her students.

The army is right in its decision to have her punished
Re: NYSC Backs Army On Detention Of Female Soldier Who Accepted Corper's Proposal by deeva2: 10:09am On Dec 22, 2021
iLoveYouToo:

That’s why we’re all going mad in this country. It starts by flouting simple rules

LET THE BLAMELESS AND SINLESS BE THE ONE TO FIRST CAST THE STONE
Re: NYSC Backs Army On Detention Of Female Soldier Who Accepted Corper's Proposal by cherryCola: 10:10am On Dec 22, 2021
Iliveforever:
She should just quit

No, she can't !!.
Army no be civil service where you can't just
quit anytime you want.
Re: NYSC Backs Army On Detention Of Female Soldier Who Accepted Corper's Proposal by SavageResponse(m): 10:12am On Dec 22, 2021
rottennaija:

You are jumping from one faulty argument to another while the main issue dangles before you. It reminds me of a time some years ago when my brother used my dad's phone to make a call. He apparently exhausted the man's airtime. When my dad spoke with him about it and was very particular that he should have asked for permission from him. My brother became angry, instead of apologising decided to buy airtime to replaced what he had used. I told him that what my dad wanted was very simple, he didn't asked you to replace his airtime but simply asked for permission.

It seems people deliberately refused to see what the main issue is. I will have no further response to you.

You have to realise that most Nigerian do not reason objectively but must put sentiments into everything

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NYSC Backs Army On Detention Of Female Soldier Who Accepted Corper's Proposal by SavageResponse(m): 10:15am On Dec 22, 2021
archbishop007:

At what rate

Before you pay someone who claims to be an expert to teach you a money making skill make sure you ask to see hard proof that he is actually making money for himself using those skills he wants to teach you!
Re: NYSC Backs Army On Detention Of Female Soldier Who Accepted Corper's Proposal by sapientia(m): 10:25am On Dec 22, 2021
Distraction
Re: NYSC Backs Army On Detention Of Female Soldier Who Accepted Corper's Proposal by rottennaija(m): 10:25am On Dec 22, 2021
SavageResponse:

You have to realise that most Nigerian do not reason objectively but must put sentiments into everything
I know.
Re: NYSC Backs Army On Detention Of Female Soldier Who Accepted Corper's Proposal by VonSmallhausen: 10:31am On Dec 22, 2021
Not sure this is of any consequence!
As far as I am concerned, there isnt really any difference between NYSC and Nigerian Army.

Insidenaija:

source: https://newspremises.com.ng/nysc-backs-army-on-detention-of-female-soldier-who-accepted-a-proposal-from-a-corps-member/
Re: NYSC Backs Army On Detention Of Female Soldier Who Accepted Corper's Proposal by iLoveYouToo(m): 10:31am On Dec 22, 2021
deeva2:

LET THE BLAMELESS AND SINLESS BE THE ONE TO FIRST CAST THE STONE

The law supersedes false religious beliefs
Re: NYSC Backs Army On Detention Of Female Soldier Who Accepted Corper's Proposal by Aurelius1(m): 10:35am On Dec 22, 2021
Aconomyd:
Buhari should order for her release immediately
Buhari might even be able the one who ordered her detention. You know he hate anything new and glamorous.
Re: NYSC Backs Army On Detention Of Female Soldier Who Accepted Corper's Proposal by adebolamide(m): 10:38am On Dec 22, 2021
You can consider BX66 where you earn 5% of your capital daily
jeff1993:
And Oyibo said "Love don't cost a thing"

Please NL family ... I need someone to mentor me on any digital money making skill ..... I. Broke and I don't want to be broke next year
Re: NYSC Backs Army On Detention Of Female Soldier Who Accepted Corper's Proposal by BCASH(m): 10:44am On Dec 22, 2021
I keep on wondering who did us in this country.

The law that is guiding Nigeria Army is written by human being and it can be ammended.

The only books that cannot be ammended are Holy Qur'an and Bible.

Those who are pushing for the punishment of this lady are those who are eyeing her but she did not give them chance.

Can the DG of NYSC come out and tell us where he met his wife likewise those officer in Nigeria Army.
Re: NYSC Backs Army On Detention Of Female Soldier Who Accepted Corper's Proposal by dreu2fine(m): 11:01am On Dec 22, 2021
Iliveforever:
She should just quit
some una dey talk anyhow pls go and read the army rule and pratcices before u write trash
Re: NYSC Backs Army On Detention Of Female Soldier Who Accepted Corper's Proposal by Druss(m): 11:02am On Dec 22, 2021
BCASH:
I keep on wondering who did us in this country.

The law that is guiding Nigeria Army is written by human being and it can be ammended.

The only books that cannot be ammended are Holy Qur'an and Bible.

Those who are pushing for the punishment of this lady are those who are eyeing her but she did not give them chance.

Can the DG of NYSC come out and tell us where he met his wife likewise those officer in Nigeria Army.

I am even waiting for people to state the law or rule that was broken. If they show that then for my side I have no comments. However all I have heard so far from people are words with no foundation.

People state the law that was broken!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help! Nysc Problem! I'm stuck and confused! / No Insurance For 35 Slain NYSC Members, Others / Youth Corper Declared Missing In Zamfara (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.