Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,146 members, 7,815,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

2023 Polls: Vote Competence, Not Tribe, Religion Or Party - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Polls: Vote Competence, Not Tribe, Religion Or Party (4663 Views)

PFN To Nigerians: Vote Competence, Not Religion / Vote For Competence Not Religion, Ethnicity: Obi Tells Nigerians / 2019 Polls: Vote PDP All The Way – Ex-governor Chimaroke To Enugu Residents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Polls: Vote Competence, Not Tribe, Religion Or Party by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 22, 2021
2023 Polls: Vote Competence, Not Tribe, Religion Or Party

By Farouk Isa Musa
December 20, 2021 Editorial IV

As the process of politicking has already started and campaign is about to start in months-time, there is the need for the general public to be mindful of who to vote. Different people have different reasons for electing different candidates. Such reasons are numerous and might be justified by the electorate, but there is only one valid and acceptable reason for electing a candidate: performance.

Why is it that in the 21st century people still think and vote solely for ethnic, political, sectional or religious sentiment? Ibrahim voted Abubakar because he (Abubakar) is a Muslim. Oluwabi had voted for Adeshola because they are both Yoruba. Okechukwu cast his vote for Ekpeyong because he (Ekpeyong) is a fellow Southerner to Okechukwu. Barnabas vowed to vote Nda based on nothing but party affiliation.

However, candidates ought to be voted for their track records of performance, whether they held a political office in the past or they are just private wealthy individuals who used their wealth and developed their various communities, rather than sentimental attachments.

We, as reasonable people, shouldn’t be expected to vote for any candidate just for his religious belief, political party, ethnic background or the region he came from. We ought to know better. Historically, in Nigeria, people who were voted due to their tribes have failed their kin and kith; those voted in for being members of certain religion have eventually disappointed their brethren; and the ones who were handed over the mantle of leadership by regional bigots have also failed their region woefully.

In any civilised society, the only valid and accepted reason for voting any candidate for any position is certainly not which language the candidate speaks, not where he was born or where he resides, not what type of clothes he wears, not what he worships. Of course, it is by looking at what he did in the past and what he is capable of doing if he wins the election.

I will not rest on my oars on pleading and will always continue to urge the public to vote wisely and peacefully. A stitch in time, they say, saves nine.

https://www.blueprint.ng/2023-polls-vote-competence-not-tribe-religion-or-party/

4 Likes

Re: 2023 Polls: Vote Competence, Not Tribe, Religion Or Party by Optimistguy1969: 1:47pm On Dec 22, 2021
Dem don write the result already for one room.
No be naija again??!

[img]https://media1./images/e0b774fe9a35a286f20dfa2d9b2e5f3e/tenor.gif?itemid=7759128[/img]

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Polls: Vote Competence, Not Tribe, Religion Or Party by slawormiir: 1:48pm On Dec 22, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright...

That is the main reason Tinubu and osinbanjo will never be our president

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023 Polls: Vote Competence, Not Tribe, Religion Or Party by ucheemmadu18(m): 1:48pm On Dec 22, 2021
APC is a plague

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Polls: Vote Competence, Not Tribe, Religion Or Party by Selemen123: 1:48pm On Dec 22, 2021
Hxhdjjdjd
Re: 2023 Polls: Vote Competence, Not Tribe, Religion Or Party by Guyman02: 1:48pm On Dec 22, 2021
This is what you see in most northern intellectual forums as the high performance of Buhari. They are not blaming him for any wrong and will re-elect him if another election holds today against any best candidate based on the same sentiments.

BUHARI; SUCH AN UNLUCKY MAN...

He Increased Minimum Wage From 18 To 30k.

He Increased NYSC Allawee From 19k To 32k.

He Gave 30k To N-power Beneficiaries Every Month.

He Gave Covid Loans Worth 750k, 3m & 10 Million Respectively To Some Nigerians.

He Gave 20k for 1000 spw beneficiaries across 774,000 local government in country, for three months.

He Fed Children In Schools.

He Gave Market Women 5k Each.

He Gave Loans To Farmers Across The Country.

Restored Country Respect and Dignity in the World

He Gave Bailouts Repeatedly To States.

He Never Failed To Release Monthly Allocation To States.

He Ensured The Prompt Payment Of Salaries To Federal Workers.

He Cleared Part Of Monies Owed University Lecturers.

This Man Resuscitated Our Rail Transport.

He Modernized Major Airports In Nigeria.

He Ended The Regime Of Fuel Scarcity.

Fortified the Military with required hardwares.

Signed Judicial autonomy

Dismantled Pension scam

Ensures Job recruitment without application fees

Unfortunately, His Efforts Are Dampened By The Protracted Insecurity Across The Country.

This Man Is Indeed Unlucky Even With His Genuine Intention For Nigerians.

But One Thing Is Certain, The Good Almighty That Made Him President Can Still Turn Around Things In His Favour.

If the intellectuals see things like this what do expect from the 'talakawa'

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Polls: Vote Competence, Not Tribe, Religion Or Party by Iamdbull: 1:48pm On Dec 22, 2021
Dbull on this one!!!

Some politicians even contacted me some days back on how I can use my influence to help them in the coming election, omo I refused blantantly, let it be free and fair
Re: 2023 Polls: Vote Competence, Not Tribe, Religion Or Party by Cashsteady(m): 1:48pm On Dec 22, 2021
Any igbo man will never rule Nigeria that's all I know

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Polls: Vote Competence, Not Tribe, Religion Or Party by helinues: 1:49pm On Dec 22, 2021
Abi

And in addition, people should get involved in life politics not online politics
Re: 2023 Polls: Vote Competence, Not Tribe, Religion Or Party by ATEAMS: 1:49pm On Dec 22, 2021
Don't ever get too comfortable, nothing in life is constant!

Re: 2023 Polls: Vote Competence, Not Tribe, Religion Or Party by Optimistguy1969: 1:49pm On Dec 22, 2021
Cashsteady:

Shut up!!!!!!

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023 Polls: Vote Competence, Not Tribe, Religion Or Party by Nobody: 1:49pm On Dec 22, 2021
Shey na today.
Re: 2023 Polls: Vote Competence, Not Tribe, Religion Or Party by stanluiz(m): 1:49pm On Dec 22, 2021
I laugh cheesy cheesy In Nigeria. It is impossible.
Re: 2023 Polls: Vote Competence, Not Tribe, Religion Or Party by kingseun: 1:49pm On Dec 22, 2021
Mtchewwww Nigerians will still vote for an incompetent mugu come 2023 .it's not a curse .
Re: 2023 Polls: Vote Competence, Not Tribe, Religion Or Party by Stephendeals: 1:50pm On Dec 22, 2021

The Way PDP and APC politicians have been playing with the citizens since 1999

Nigerians are not ready, you will see Politicians and their supporters cursing PDP and all it stands for, and in no time cross carpet to that same party, same with APC Politicians and surprisingly people will still support them. They dont stand for any Idealogy other than their own Stomach

1 Like

Re: 2023 Polls: Vote Competence, Not Tribe, Religion Or Party by spy24(m): 1:50pm On Dec 22, 2021
The majority of Nigerians want to vote either atiku or tinubu for no good reason

All I can say is their suffering will continue in 2023
Re: 2023 Polls: Vote Competence, Not Tribe, Religion Or Party by slivertongue: 1:51pm On Dec 22, 2021
Story for the gods
Re: 2023 Polls: Vote Competence, Not Tribe, Religion Or Party by spy24(m): 1:51pm On Dec 22, 2021
Cashsteady:

Mumu

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023 Polls: Vote Competence, Not Tribe, Religion Or Party by Fiscus105(m): 1:51pm On Dec 22, 2021
Can we ever get to that level in naija? Even counselor we still go for our clan, what am I saying, lecturers that want to impact knowledge on our own children, we will still narrow it down to local tribe of where university is established.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Polls: Vote Competence, Not Tribe, Religion Or Party by Kingoslo(m): 1:51pm On Dec 22, 2021
Thats true...buh u for ask first e go work for naija? Cus na IMPOSED LEADERS (RULERS) Las Las na em dem go released give us...
Re: 2023 Polls: Vote Competence, Not Tribe, Religion Or Party by Nobody: 1:51pm On Dec 22, 2021
Tell that to the NORTHERNERS first, because to them RELIGION is supreme!.
How I wish BUHARI will go for another 8yrs.
Re: 2023 Polls: Vote Competence, Not Tribe, Religion Or Party by stanluiz(m): 1:52pm On Dec 22, 2021
Cashsteady:
Ur tribesman has succeeded in turning Nigeria into a poverty capital of the world and a shit hole country.

Fools and poverty stricken fellows like you are the ones living in your 2by 2 slums in Abule surulere in Lagos State.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Polls: Vote Competence, Not Tribe, Religion Or Party by BigSarah(f): 1:52pm On Dec 22, 2021
grin We are talking about Nigerians they'll do the exact opposite.

They'll Vote someone Incompetent from their respective Religion, Tribe or preferred party

1 Like

Re: 2023 Polls: Vote Competence, Not Tribe, Religion Or Party by samdaisi: 1:52pm On Dec 22, 2021
Why not giving your voice in 2019 last election, you should have advised people not to vote for incompetent Buhari and his tribe
Re: 2023 Polls: Vote Competence, Not Tribe, Religion Or Party by respect80(m): 1:53pm On Dec 22, 2021
Is it Nigerians this one is talking to??
Well, let's hope the wish of the good people comes true

1 Like

Re: 2023 Polls: Vote Competence, Not Tribe, Religion Or Party by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 22, 2021
Even though Tinubu is from Iragbiji while I am from ikorodu, I will be voting for him in 2023.

7 Likes

Re: 2023 Polls: Vote Competence, Not Tribe, Religion Or Party by bjdon: 1:54pm On Dec 22, 2021
We can only hope that in 2023 Nigerians would have matured and learned the seasons of 2015/2019. Don't vote just based on tribal/religous sentiments. Challange the candidates, their views, their past, the company they keep. If you don't learn from history, then you are doomed to repeat it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If Nigeria Is Run Like Super Eagles, Most Igbos Will Never Talk Of Biafra / Peter Obi Response To El-rufai's Tweet That He Won't Get Upto 200 Persons / TIEFNUBU’S Picture AND YEAR BOOK Removed From CSU Archives?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.