Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Failed My Driving Test Yesterday - Any Instructors/examiners On Here? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Failed My Driving Test Yesterday - Any Instructors/examiners On Here? (734 Views)

Stolen Vehicle: Please My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Yesterday In Lagos / Confused On Which Car To Use To Start My Driving Cos Of Lagos Traffic. / Pls.i Need Help With My Driving! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Failed My Driving Test Yesterday - Any Instructors/examiners On Here? by slothead: 3:07pm On Dec 22, 2021
Hi

Yesterday I took my driving test for the first time and unfortunately I didn’t pass.

I started learning in April, I’m quite a nervous driver but ive changed a lot since I first started. It has taken me a long time to get where I am today, I’m much more confident on the roads now, hence why my instructor put me through for the test.

Yesterday, at a roundabout I was in the left hand lane, I stopped and gave way, there was a car in the inside lane of the roundabout and due to nerves my brain made me pull off because the car wasn’t actually in my lane so obviously that was a dangerous fault and I failed right away as the examiner had to shout stop.

I had done so well between the test centre and that roundabout, I only got one minor for stalling but after that roundabout I was just thrown and I accumulated 8 more minors so 9 in total by the end of the test.

I also got a serious fault for my bay park at the very end, although it didn’t matter as I had already failed. I hate the bay park,I find it so difficult.

I was so hopeful that I would pass, I know most people don’t pass the driving test first time but it’s making me paranoid now because I done a mock test with my instructor a few weeks ago and I failed it too for accidentally trying to take the wrong exit in a lane on the roundabout and now I’m worried I’ll not pass when I resit my test in a few weeks.

I guess the whole point of me making this thread was just to get advice from any examiners/instructors on here. Thanks
Re: Failed My Driving Test Yesterday - Any Instructors/examiners On Here? by sultaan(m): 3:42pm On Dec 22, 2021
Just keep driving till it becomes second nature

I want to believe parallel parking is what you are calling bay parking
Re: Failed My Driving Test Yesterday - Any Instructors/examiners On Here? by Optimistguy1969: 3:55pm On Dec 22, 2021
Wait, this one dey Idaho abi he dey Ibafo?

Who still patronizes driving schools?
Re: Failed My Driving Test Yesterday - Any Instructors/examiners On Here? by MrFinbarr(m): 5:42pm On Dec 22, 2021
Optimistguy1969:
Wait, this one dey Idaho abi he dey Ibafo?

Who still patronizes driving schools?

People hardly patronizes them now, that's why we have a lot of silly careless drivers on the road these days, causing unnecessary avoidable accidents. Driving doesn't just teach you how to drive and change gears, it teaches you road ethics and driving attitude. People need to understand that knowing how to drive isn't just about starting the car and driving off.

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Corolla Sport 07 / In Need Of 2005 Honda Civic / Transmission Doesn't Change Easily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.