Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,588 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

FG To Replace NIN Slip With Digital Tokens January 1 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Replace NIN Slip With Digital Tokens January 1 (38872 Views)

My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip / How To Print Your Improved NIN Slip / FG Launches Improved NIN Slip, Mobile App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Replace NIN Slip With Digital Tokens January 1 by Agricmoney(m): 10:53pm On Dec 22, 2021
another rat race

Anyway, Agriculture is life
Re: FG To Replace NIN Slip With Digital Tokens January 1 by ityP(m): 10:59pm On Dec 22, 2021
Biodun556:
https://leadership.ng/federal-govt-to-replace-nin-slip-with-digital-tokens-january-1/

Where are those idiotic BMC guys that were threatening "link your nin or be barred"?

1 Like

Re: FG To Replace NIN Slip With Digital Tokens January 1 by ityP(m): 11:00pm On Dec 22, 2021
CotenantNIG:
It seems the govt is just trial and error stuffs

When you select Ministers based on quarter system, that's what you get

1 Like

Re: FG To Replace NIN Slip With Digital Tokens January 1 by Major7: 11:07pm On Dec 22, 2021
Confused personality. I bet the guy has no idea of what he's saying. SMH
Re: FG To Replace NIN Slip With Digital Tokens January 1 by Germi9: 11:23pm On Dec 22, 2021
This Patami is trying so hard to get into the good book of Nigerians but you know what? He’s very clueless

1 Like

Re: FG To Replace NIN Slip With Digital Tokens January 1 by Feelings79: 11:29pm On Dec 22, 2021
Tbeiz:
I see many folks don't seem to understand this.
In lay man terms, this means Crypto.
Your NIN will always be yours and private to you only,but for external transactions/uses a pseudo-NIN will be cryptographically generated for a short period of time (like an OTP) to be used for that transaction only.

Every NIN is an NFT (Non Fungible Token) anyways so going this route seems reasonable and logical.

This write-up just avoided the word "crypto"but that's what tokenization essentially means;- cryptographic transactions.
I still don't understand it.Don't you think this is too technical to be deployed at this stage of our development?if I as a university graduate don't have a clue about this inspite of your trying to simplify it, how much more our Mamas in the villages?

3 Likes

Re: FG To Replace NIN Slip With Digital Tokens January 1 by hero2000: 11:30pm On Dec 22, 2021
Although I think this administration doesn't have great foresight and sometimes do trial-and-error, one thing is clear from the comments:

MANY NIGERIANS LACK SIMPLE COMPREHENSION!

1 Like

Re: FG To Replace NIN Slip With Digital Tokens January 1 by wowo2: 11:42pm On Dec 22, 2021
I am sorry, all this technology without some intelligent thinking to their implementation or credibility.Many people can not even register their NIN to their mobile numbers because the providers are using software that isn’t full proof to verify pictures and we are still complicating matters..na wa o

1 Like

Re: FG To Replace NIN Slip With Digital Tokens January 1 by jimcaddy(m): 11:44pm On Dec 22, 2021
If I say I understand the margins I just read, I'll only be lying. Every avenue to make money, Nigerians will just wake up one day and bring one policy day by day

1 Like

Re: FG To Replace NIN Slip With Digital Tokens January 1 by Baruwaaaaa(m): 12:04am On Dec 23, 2021
From NIN slip to Polycarbonate to Token
Welcome development

1 Like

Re: FG To Replace NIN Slip With Digital Tokens January 1 by solacong: 12:09am On Dec 23, 2021
ewo tu ni Digital Token bayi nto ri oluhun!
Re: FG To Replace NIN Slip With Digital Tokens January 1 by seunayantokun(m): 12:53am On Dec 23, 2021
The terrorist is working.

Most of the 60 million Nigerians are from the South. If they say it's not so, let them publish their facts and figures.

They have not captured all those miscreant terrorists but are now moving us to another stuff.. Plus, all will be at our expense. Has every Nigerian got a NIN?

Whether we like it or not, they are bent on having their way.

All I know is they will do their worst but God will do HIS best.

I'm not averse to anything that ensures digital security but it's quite troubling to have a terrorist managing our vital information. He can't be loyal to Nigeria, we are not safe in his hand.

Terrorist Pantami, minister, and Chief Executive Terrorist Buhari, president, will certainly fail.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Replace NIN Slip With Digital Tokens January 1 by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 1:22am On Dec 23, 2021
The most confused govt. ever in the history of mankind. They don't know what they actually want.

1 Like

Re: FG To Replace NIN Slip With Digital Tokens January 1 by deltateam: 1:53am On Dec 23, 2021
Dreamhighnow:
They are not confused...just another means of Cashing out. I'm sure there is another huge budget for it

Another means of forcing covid 19 vaccines.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Replace NIN Slip With Digital Tokens January 1 by Engineer036: 2:50am On Dec 23, 2021
This is pure Non Fungible token(NFT)Identity tokenization and they don't want crypto to strive.Shior.

1 Like

Re: FG To Replace NIN Slip With Digital Tokens January 1 by Kissiemu(m): 3:18am On Dec 23, 2021
hero2000:
Although I think this administration doesn't have great foresight and sometimes do trial-and-error, one thing is clear from the comments:

MANY NIGERIANS LACK SIMPLE COMPREHENSION!
You have concluded the matter. From the first comment till now none has any idea what the article is about. I don't know too but I refrain from following the band wagon till I get more information on what it's all about.

1 Like

Re: FG To Replace NIN Slip With Digital Tokens January 1 by turbotech11: 4:17am On Dec 23, 2021
This ministry keeps coming up with useless innovations that are either badly timed or not even needed at the moment or not needed at all...How they keep spending scarce resources on projects that doesn't favour the common man in Nigeria baffles me.it's not like as if this will create jobs or tackle the ever rising inflation....
Re: FG To Replace NIN Slip With Digital Tokens January 1 by learnedman(m): 4:35am On Dec 23, 2021
This Pantami man and his cohorts are just using this NIN jargon and subsequent improvisations to siphon huge amounts of public funds
Re: FG To Replace NIN Slip With Digital Tokens January 1 by ogundeleai(m): 4:42am On Dec 23, 2021
This is not new just a way to rush Nigerians so that expected target revenue will be achieved in quick time.. This is how it works
DubaiLandLord:
I do not have to read the post before commenting

I hope them no go ask us pay #1 for it.

Whether is free or not, except dem com give me for house, I no go go pay to collect this again lai lai
..... You can actually get your card in plastic form but with a cost... The NIMC portal is so made sensitive that you can't screeshort or straight printing.. Once you open the app, you pick print nin slip icon, you will be directed to a page where your nin use name and password will be displayed and you tap check... Your nin soft card info, appearance will be displayed if successful and you will be asked if you wish to print it out... If yes, you will be directed to remita portal where you will be prompted to pay 1k via your atm card... If payment successfully done, you will be directed to a page where you can download the card in pdf format.... After successful downloading, you can take the soft card to businesses centre where they can print it out either in plastic card or lylon lamination..
Pls note... The other aspect of the card with black background or not in your full profile detail will cost you 400 naira on remita... Also if you experience hitches during download there's no provision for re-download and you will expect to make fresh payment (that is poor set up if you ask me ).. Also the total money you pay is a little above 1200 after remita and Bank charges
Re: FG To Replace NIN Slip With Digital Tokens January 1 by Nobody: 4:46am On Dec 23, 2021
ogundeleai:
This is not new just a way to rush Nigerians so that expected target revenue will be achieved in quick time.. This is how it works ..... You can actually get your card in plastic form but with a cost... The NIMC portal is so made sensitive that you can't screeshort or straight printing.. Once you open the app, you pick print nin slip icon, you will be directed to a page where your nin use name and password will be displayed and you tap check... Your nin soft card info, appearance will be displayed if successful and you will be asked if you wish to print it out... If yes, you will be directed to remita portal where you will be prompted to pay 1k via your atm card... If payment successfully done, you will be directed to a page where you can download the card in pdf format.... After successful downloading, you can take the soft card to businesses centre where they can print it out either in plastic card or lylon lamination..
Pls note... The other aspect of the card with black background or not in your full profile detail will cost you 400 naira on remita... Also if you experience hitches during download there's no provision for re-download and you will expect to make fresh payment (that is poor set up if you ask me ).. Also the total money you pay is a little above 1200 after remita and Bank charges
I don't understand why we must always pay for everything in this country

I paid to register for NIN now I have to pay to have this card again.

Aje!! I no go do am.
Re: FG To Replace NIN Slip With Digital Tokens January 1 by ITbomb(m): 6:49am On Dec 23, 2021
This boy just dey too focus on making money from NIN at this early stage instead to ensure that NIN is fully integrated into the social and economic life of Nigerians
Re: FG To Replace NIN Slip With Digital Tokens January 1 by Nobody: 6:51am On Dec 23, 2021
obi4eze:
Do this people really know what they're doing?

Do they sound normal to you?
Re: FG To Replace NIN Slip With Digital Tokens January 1 by Nobody: 7:06am On Dec 23, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
I do not have to read the post before commenting

I hope them no go ask us pay #1 for it.

Whether is free or not, except dem com give me for house, I no go go pay to collect this again lai lai
It would be at least #100 per token
Re: FG To Replace NIN Slip With Digital Tokens January 1 by snoopz: 8:14am On Dec 23, 2021
This idiots dont think before acting, after wasting billions on the paper and card options
Now They to go digital which means another funding that we all know is time for another cashout

1 Like

Re: FG To Replace NIN Slip With Digital Tokens January 1 by milliondollas(m): 8:16am On Dec 23, 2021
HAUSA MUSLIMS ARE THE MOST STUPID HUMAN BEING GOD CREATED
Re: FG To Replace NIN Slip With Digital Tokens January 1 by KushLyon(m): 8:30am On Dec 23, 2021
These people just dey use us they cash out. I know they will ask us to pay to "activate" the digital tokens just as they asked us to pay for the improved NIN slip that was brought out this year o
Re: FG To Replace NIN Slip With Digital Tokens January 1 by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 23, 2021
Sheeple republic
Re: FG To Replace NIN Slip With Digital Tokens January 1 by ORIAYO70(m): 8:51am On Dec 23, 2021
Biodun556:
https://leadership.ng/federal-govt-to-replace-nin-slip-with-digital-tokens-january-1/

Which Mumu go go queue for this Pantami nonsense, are they mad.
Re: FG To Replace NIN Slip With Digital Tokens January 1 by Ebullient76(m): 9:08am On Dec 23, 2021
When the head is confused, the other parts would also be confused. Why did they introduce NIN in the first instance knowing fully well that they will also introduce digital token? I wonder where we're heading to in this country. May God see us through.
Re: FG To Replace NIN Slip With Digital Tokens January 1 by seyz91(m): 9:13am On Dec 23, 2021
I bet they don't
obi4eze:
Do this people really know what they're doing?
Re: FG To Replace NIN Slip With Digital Tokens January 1 by seyz91(m): 9:13am On Dec 23, 2021
Exactly what they are
ahnie:
Confused human beings.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari At World Future Energy Summit 2016 - Photos / APC Rejects Senator Theodore Orji, Former Abia Governor / "Northern Youths" Threaten To "Extinguish" AIT If Buhari Doesn't Win (Letter)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.