Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,213 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip (36707 Views)

Premium Times: Photocopy of original Certificate that Tinubu Submitted To INEC / My Friend Is Still Asked To Verify His NIN Even After Getting A Virtual ID Card / Buhari Receives His NIN Identity Card (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by booblacain(m): 11:23am On Jan 05, 2022
(I had to bring this here first to get clarity from others before we go take it up with them at the Local Government Office).

A friend of mine just got his NIN slip from his local government office. To my surprise, the slip he was given looks like something that was photocopied, but he was told that it was printed directly from the computer. There are obvious discoloration marks on it that can only come from photocopy machines and not from printers.

My own sister has done her NIN and her own slip obviously looks like the original copy, the NIN logo on the back is in color and there are no photocopy discoloration marks on the paper.

off course, things can be printed in white and black, but not with photocopy marks.

The question that worries me is, if he was given the photocopy, where and who has the original. Obviously, the original copy exists because you can only make a photocopy from an original hard copy.

My suspicion is that the original copy was printed out and then photocopied, then only the photocopy was given to him, but why would they do this and lie to him that it was the printed copy. Why was the original copy not given to him and What do they plan to do with it?

Please people, Is this something my friend should worry about or am I being unnecessarily concerned about it?

The first two pictures  bellow shows my sister's NIN slip (original) and the other two shows the NIN slip that was given to my friend.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by wordapostle(m): 11:32am On Jan 05, 2022
Same was given to my wife last year, after they told her to come back in 2 weeks and also for the people present to contribute 300 each to buy fuel if not no printing.

God help Nigeria

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by booblacain(m): 11:42am On Jan 05, 2022
wordapostle:
Same was given to my wife last year, after they told her to come back in 2 weeks and also for the people present to contribute 300 each to buy fuel if not no printing.

God help Nigeria

Is that no fraud? Why will they print out a hard copy and then give you a photocopy. What do they intend to do with the original copy?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jan 05, 2022
Citizens of Nigeria are rogues... With the exception of few!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by GIANTPLUSHUB: 12:09pm On Jan 05, 2022
Inside life
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by BrickDevo: 12:09pm On Jan 05, 2022
Hmmm
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by ExAngel007(f): 12:09pm On Jan 05, 2022
it's normal

7 Likes

Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by chloride6: 12:09pm On Jan 05, 2022
It was printed with a bad black and white printer..

He has the number, capish..

Finish

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jan 05, 2022
That's what was given to majority of people. A printout.

17 Likes

Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by chaseblack(m): 12:09pm On Jan 05, 2022
Payment
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by BrickDevo: 12:10pm On Jan 05, 2022
wordapostle:

God help Nigeria
But God will not help them, the country is beyond redemption

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by vincentjk(m): 12:10pm On Jan 05, 2022
The one given to him is the temporal one, he should return back in a week or less for the original copy.

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by Mystic216: 12:10pm On Jan 05, 2022
ExAngel007:
it's normal
What is normal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by nnanyereugo(m): 12:10pm On Jan 05, 2022
It's not new na, fraud everywhere
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by omonla10(m): 12:11pm On Jan 05, 2022
Just got back from nin office Alausa.
U still need to take this there for a reprint of the original one.. 500 naira I guess.

There area probably other major locations across the country

Just get there before 8am if u are serious..

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by edubs: 12:11pm On Jan 05, 2022
Na so me sef see am o undecided
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by alphaconde(m): 12:11pm On Jan 05, 2022
my faith and hope for this country remain one bar

and am not ready to plug it

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by Torquena(f): 12:11pm On Jan 05, 2022
Your friend is worried about a series of useless digits? Photocopy or not. It's the number that's the important thing there.

20 Likes

Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by 7pages(m): 12:12pm On Jan 05, 2022
Na the NIN digit be the koko

Meanwhile shey na all owner of cars at ikorodu knows how to drive? Don't you guys need driver as car owners demand across all area of lagos state?

I'm looking for a driving job good people of Nairaland

7 Likes

Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by Johnjanrt: 12:12pm On Jan 05, 2022
Nothing to bother about. Plus stop attempting to make a mountain out if a mole hill.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by christianjoy(m): 12:12pm On Jan 05, 2022
Your friend own was even better mine was photocopied with no logo at the back

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by AuntRose(f): 12:12pm On Jan 05, 2022
The original will take him to hell cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by nautybride: 12:12pm On Jan 05, 2022
not new. mine is same
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by iscom(m): 12:13pm On Jan 05, 2022
Shey!
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by dokxavi: 12:13pm On Jan 05, 2022
It's the printer error, no color. The NIN is obvious, isn't it? So no problem.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by LordReed(m): 12:13pm On Jan 05, 2022
It's not photocopy. It depends on where you get your slip from. When I got my initial slip from the NIMC HQ it was the one with colour and heavy paper. However when I went to a center for a reissue, it was this type of print out they gave. The back is that way because they photocopy the NIMC logo on to the paper before they print your details on to it.
booblacain:
(I had to bring this here first to get clarity from others before we go take it up with them at the Local Government Office).

A friend of mine just got his NIN slip from his local government office. To my surprise, the slip he was given looks like something that was photocopied, but he was told that it was printed directly from the computer. There are obvious discoloration marks on it that can only come from photocopy machines and not from printers.

My own sister has done her NIN and her own slip obviously looks like the original copy, the NIN logo on the back is in color and there are no photocopy discoloration marks on the paper.

off course, things can be printed in white and black, but not with photocopy marks.

The question that worries me is, if he was given the photocopy, where and who has the original. Obviously, the original copy exists because you can only make a photocopy from an original hard copy.

My suspicion is that the original copy was printed out and then photocopied, then only the photocopy was given to him, but why would they do this and lie to him that it was the printed copy. Why was the original copy not given to him and What do they plan to do with it?

Please people, Is this something my friend should worry about or am I being unnecessarily concerned about it?

The first two pictures  bellow shows my sister's NIN slip (original) and the other two shows the NIN slip that was given to my friend.

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by ejimatic: 12:13pm On Jan 05, 2022
booblacain:

. Do not worry! Many have same issue. The printer is not good again. If you go to another place for a reprint it will be clearer. Mine is not as clear as that of my twin brother.You can go for a reprint anywhere and anytime you feel like doing so

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by gistray: 12:13pm On Jan 05, 2022
That's how it is Mr WOKE.

You get the Original plastic one in 10-20 years time

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Emmanuel Ayodele Slumps And Dies At A Club In Abuja (Photo) / Onyeka Onwenu Hails Reno Omokri For Being 'Fearless And Courageous' / HRH Sanusi Speaks Again On The Missing $20b And The PWC Report.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.