Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Rachel Oniga: Mercy Johnson In Tears Over Tribute To Late Actress (Video) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Rachel Oniga: Mercy Johnson In Tears Over Tribute To Late Actress (Video) (22997 Views)

Rachel Oniga Is Dead! Nollywood Actress Dies Age 64 / Mercy Johnson In A Romantic Dance With Husband As She Celebrates 35th Birthday / Checkout Mercy Johnson In New Makeup Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rachel Oniga: Mercy Johnson In Tears Over Tribute To Late Actress (Video) by CastedAyo: 6:56pm On Dec 22, 2021
Some of cast of the Kunle Afolayan’s Netflix film A Naija Christmas has paid tribute to Rachel Oniga who acted in the film before she died on July 30, Igbere TV reports.

Mercy Johnson, Kunle Remi, Abayomi Alvin, Linda Osifo and Efa Iwara paid tribute to the actress in a video Kunle Afolayan posted on Instagram on Wednesday.

“One fun thing about mama, I call her mama Rachel oniga I think that will be the fact that she is also a very fun person. She oozes out good vibes, good energy. I mean for somebody of her age I mean mama would play with you. She would play with you,” Abayomi wrote.

“She is absolutely caring and I use the word care because that also leads to the world mother,” Linda wrote.

Getting emotional, Mercy Johnson said.

“She is a mum in every way. Few days before she died, I came in late and I went to her and apologise to her because I was late. And she insisted and said being a mom is tough and coming in early and still making it at this time it’s fine. It’s okay because she like gets it.”

“She was really fun, she is very youthful. She loved to play with us and try to lock in on trends. She is just a sweet mother figure,” Efa said.

Rachel Oniga was on the set of the production when she took ill from what was reported to be complications related to Covid.

She died from her illness and production was temporarily suspended in her honour.

The movie follows three sons on their quest to make their mother’s Christmas wish for daughters-in-law come true.

Oniga is the mother who, unimpressed by her sons’ refusal to get married and give her grandchildren, demands that they bring home their partners on Christmas Day.

According to Afolayan, “A Naija Christmas is real, original, funny and the first Christmas movie of its kind. Working with the late, great Rachel Oniga was massive honour and her heartwarming performance is typical of her flawless artistry.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO3x6iK6BG8

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CXx8sP6qC44/?utm_medium=copy_link

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rachel Oniga: Mercy Johnson In Tears Over Tribute To Late Actress (Video) by Iamdbull: 7:48pm On Dec 22, 2021
I feel her pain

4 Likes

Re: Rachel Oniga: Mercy Johnson In Tears Over Tribute To Late Actress (Video) by ItsGoodToBeGood: 8:06pm On Dec 22, 2021
Pain feeler.

May her soul continue to rest in peace
Re: Rachel Oniga: Mercy Johnson In Tears Over Tribute To Late Actress (Video) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:52am On Dec 23, 2021
From all of us@MANNABBGRILLS : May RACHEL ONIGA'S SOUL REST IN PERFECT PEACE

One day we all gonna die

SocialJustice:
I need peppered vulture for a get together I'm hosting tomorrow. Expecting 50 guests. Dm me.
We believe only cannibals (people that can kill, roast and eat human beings), can use vulture to host their guests for a parry/get-together for their fellow 50 cannibals!!!
We don't grill vulture kiddo cool.
Kindly look for your next victim
Merry Christmas in advance o.

RIP MADAM Rachel.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rachel Oniga: Mercy Johnson In Tears Over Tribute To Late Actress (Video) by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:53am On Dec 23, 2021
Many waters has passed under the bridge but God kept us.
RIP ma.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rachel Oniga: Mercy Johnson In Tears Over Tribute To Late Actress (Video) by chii8(f): 7:53am On Dec 23, 2021
embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Rachel Oniga: Mercy Johnson In Tears Over Tribute To Late Actress (Video) by Olamonday: 7:54am On Dec 23, 2021
Is well

1 Like

Re: Rachel Oniga: Mercy Johnson In Tears Over Tribute To Late Actress (Video) by sanmtiago(m): 7:54am On Dec 23, 2021
Death doesn't make any sense to the living but death is real. Rest on Ma. You will be remembered by the people who loved your work cry

9 Likes

Re: Rachel Oniga: Mercy Johnson In Tears Over Tribute To Late Actress (Video) by Wisejohnson47(m): 7:54am On Dec 23, 2021
Death is a price everyone must pay, rest in peace to All the departed ones

3 Likes

Re: Rachel Oniga: Mercy Johnson In Tears Over Tribute To Late Actress (Video) by gnhpowerhouse: 7:54am On Dec 23, 2021
RIP Great Actress

1 Like

Re: Rachel Oniga: Mercy Johnson In Tears Over Tribute To Late Actress (Video) by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 23, 2021
1593three:
[s][/s]
Can't you see that you are sheep following him up?

Take control of your life! Stop following the crowd
Re: Rachel Oniga: Mercy Johnson In Tears Over Tribute To Late Actress (Video) by virginboy1(m): 7:55am On Dec 23, 2021
Evil wicked politicians living long to cause pains while people that entertains us just dey die anyhow. this life ehnn, e no just balance.

R.I.P Rachel Oniga
R.I.P Sam Loco
R.I.P Baba Fela

5 Likes

Re: Rachel Oniga: Mercy Johnson In Tears Over Tribute To Late Actress (Video) by funshow21: 7:55am On Dec 23, 2021
life is full of pain..buy yourself plaster , cotton wood and iodine...it is just about learning to live with it!! buh anyway we move!! merry xmas @pilers worldwide!
Re: Rachel Oniga: Mercy Johnson In Tears Over Tribute To Late Actress (Video) by bigdammyj: 7:55am On Dec 23, 2021
Emotions
Re: Rachel Oniga: Mercy Johnson In Tears Over Tribute To Late Actress (Video) by haconjy(m): 7:56am On Dec 23, 2021
Mndbgenj
Re: Rachel Oniga: Mercy Johnson In Tears Over Tribute To Late Actress (Video) by phemmyfour: 7:56am On Dec 23, 2021
Nice comedy film

Good acting from the likes of Kunle remi, Segilola, Rachael Oniga et al

Good production from Kunle Afolayan

4 Likes

Re: Rachel Oniga: Mercy Johnson In Tears Over Tribute To Late Actress (Video) by tawababiola: 7:56am On Dec 23, 2021
Rip mama
Re: Rachel Oniga: Mercy Johnson In Tears Over Tribute To Late Actress (Video) by Dukio: 7:56am On Dec 23, 2021
I pray God provides us with what we will eat this Christmas.

Heaven will pour its blessings on us.

Meanwhile......

5 Likes

Re: Rachel Oniga: Mercy Johnson In Tears Over Tribute To Late Actress (Video) by SocialJustice: 7:57am On Dec 23, 2021
post=108741505:
From all of us@MANNABBGRILLS : May RACHEL ONIGA'S SOUL REST IN PERFECT PEACE

One day we all gonna die
I need peppered vulture for a get together I'm hosting tomorrow. Expecting 50 guests. Dm me.

2 Likes

Re: Rachel Oniga: Mercy Johnson In Tears Over Tribute To Late Actress (Video) by TimmyTen(m): 8:01am On Dec 23, 2021
It is well

1 Like

Re: Rachel Oniga: Mercy Johnson In Tears Over Tribute To Late Actress (Video) by Metizag: 8:06am On Dec 23, 2021
Rip ma

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Simi Celebrates Adekunle Gold On His 35th Birthday / D’banj Sacks Producer Deevee / See Pictures Of Mercy Johnson’s Twin Sister, She Looks Exactly Like Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.