Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,188 members, 7,829,251 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan (44548 Views)

2 Lovers From Okija, Anambra Commit Suicide Over 'Osu' (Disturbing Pictures) / Nigerian Lady With Tribal Marks Almost Committed Suicide (Photos) / Photo Of Ooni Of Ife's New Wife As Claimed By Women Of Rubies (But It Is Fake) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by diplomat058(m): 9:26am On Dec 23, 2021
omokab:
He was a good dancer when we are in Loyola college of 1991 set. He represented our college with sokaz and the like ladi sarumi a half cast in dancing competitions. So music has been part of him since when he was young .
Wow! You seem to know him personally. That means you are an elder, too

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by Nobody: 9:29am On Dec 23, 2021
Immortal Achebe said: Looking at a King's mouth you would think that he never suckled his mother's breasts.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by jaymichael(m): 9:33am On Dec 23, 2021
Solofresh2:
One thing about me is that I don't borrow or buy things in credit.I hate it because I value my self respect so much.
I could remember when I was working as a cleaner then.The money wey I dey see no dey reach me.Before month reach half, money don finish
I will have to treek to work everyday, instead of taking #200 bike because if I don't trek, hunger will finish me.Nobody to run to, nobody to turn to.I have to wake up by 4:15 everyday to trek to work except from weekends.Sucide options keep popping in my mind to the extent that I bought a rat poison one day.But when I think about my mum I changed my mind because I wonder how she will feel when she hears the news of her son's death.
But am grateful am better today
Respect!
Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by bcomputer101: 9:33am On Dec 23, 2021
ANDREW91:

Sultan of Sokoto
Oba of Benin
Ooni of Ife
In that order

When it comes to viewing the origin of those mentioned:
1- Sultan of Sokoto is an Islamic ruler, he's not a king.
2- Oba of Benin is one of the servant of Oduduwa (so second hand king)
3- Oni of Ife is the only person who's a recognised king among the three (3) mentioned.

Incase you disagree, let me remind you that SNIPPER is just 800 Naira only.

4 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 23, 2021
If he had listened to ‘In the End - Linkin Park’, I'm pretty sure nothing would have stopped him from committing the suicide.

His choice of music saved him grin
Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by KosiGee(m): 9:48am On Dec 23, 2021
Music can reset your brain for the better as well as drive you to do the unthinkable.

When I listen to old Nigerian songs like Fela, Christie Essien Igbokwe, Cloud 9 etc, I feel very proud to be born in Nigeria.
When I listen to Osadebe, Oliver, Pericomo, Sir warrior, I feel proud to be an Igbo man.
When I listen to snoop dogg, Ice Cube, Dre and some old school rappers like Das Efx, Tim Dogg etc…I feel like mugging the whole neighbourhood or even robbing myself at gun point.

Music does wonders to your senses…it can also send you into depression especially when you listen to people like Tonto dike, whitemoney, Vic O singing.

Wonderful testimony from the Oni but he narrated how he got out of the loan problem and how he solved the problem….N8b loan….High rise up the 10th floor and demolished shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by KosiGee(m): 9:52am On Dec 23, 2021
Chuvin22:
If he had listened to ‘In the End - Linkin Park’, I'm pretty sure nothing would have stopped him from committing the suicide.

His choice of music saved him grin

Linkin park wouldn’t make you to commit suicide.

Anyone who really want to commit suicide should listen to Speedy Darlington…ironically….his dad’s music have saved millions of lives.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by mrksquare: 9:52am On Dec 23, 2021
I totally agree with the Oni.

Whenever I want to commune with my guardian angel, I use music to invoke her presence.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by MICHEALADEX(m): 9:56am On Dec 23, 2021
He's talking about Jacob mews apartments yaba
Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by MondayOsunbor(m): 9:59am On Dec 23, 2021
ijustdey:

https://punchng.com/how-i-almost-committed-suicide-ooni-of-ife/

N8 billion about 12 years ago

how to bank give one such amount of money
Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 23, 2021
bcomputer101:

When it comes to viewing the origin of those mentioned:
1- Sultan of Sokoto is an Islamic ruler, he's not a king.
2- Oba of Benin is one of the servant of Oduduwa (so second hand king)
3- Oni of Ife is the only person who's a recognised king among the three (3) mentioned.

Incase you disagree, let me remind you that SNIPPER is just 800 Naira only.
U called Oba of Benin a second hand king
Ife originated from Benin. All Yoruba lands were formally occupied by the binis. Go and learn history. As for sultan is more than an Islamic ruler. He is the all and all in northern Nigeria. He command more respect than any other traditional ruler.
You are telling someone that will be the president of Nigeria to go an drink sniper. You lack manners
Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by tunize(m): 10:03am On Dec 23, 2021
ygowon:
Life simply means wahala. There's no person without wahala. It's how u see your own wahala that matters. If u see it as bigger than u, Na u Sabi.
Valid bro problem nor fit big pass me ooh na vice versa
Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:05am On Dec 23, 2021
Is he saying 8 billion naira is not enough to construct a high rise building as at 2009 shocked
Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by RALPHOW(m): 10:06am On Dec 23, 2021
Many who may not know what he was going through that time may called him a stingy man
Everyone has story to tell, never give up.
Jesus Christ is always there for us and better is the end than the beginning.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by Kingsleyebere(m): 10:11am On Dec 23, 2021
[quote author=anthonyuncle post=108732654]suicide is never the way out.

see how his life turned around.

that amount is nothing to him currently ASWEAR!! Had it been he committed suicide,he wouldn't hav gotten to tis stage in life!!
Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by YourFavorite21(m): 10:14am On Dec 23, 2021
Half-baked motivational speaker
Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by phenase(m): 10:28am On Dec 23, 2021
cool. Oga my question is this. How did you managed to pay back the 8 Billion Naira loan? Thank you everyone.grin grin
Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 23, 2021
KosiGee:

Linkin park wouldn’t make you to commit suicide.

Anyone who really want to commit suicide should listen to Speedy Darlington…ironically….his dad’s music have saved millions of lives.

I didn't not say linkin park music.. I pointed to a particular linkin park song titled “IN THE END”
Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by Wazobia2216: 10:44am On Dec 23, 2021
hush15:

Femi Osibona ish comes to mind
For him to pull down a ten storey building by himself, Ooni must be a man of integrity!
Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by Realhommie(m): 11:08am On Dec 23, 2021
Solofresh2:
One thing about me is that I don't borrow or buy things in credit.I hate it because I value my self respect so much.
I could remember when I was working as a cleaner then.The money wey I dey see no dey reach me.Before month reach half, money don finish
I will have to treek to work everyday, instead of taking #200 bike because if I don't trek, hunger will finish me.Nobody to run to, nobody to turn to.I have to wake up by 4:15 everyday to trek to work except from weekends.Sucide options keep popping in my mind to the extent that I bought a rat poison one day.But when I think about my mum I changed my mind because I wonder how she will feel when she hears the news of her son's death.
But am grateful am better today
Very touching... Behind every glory you see there's a story ooooo, who no go no go know.

We must keep hope alive, for in as much there's life there's sure hope for a better tomorrow. God bless you.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by bcomputer101: 11:11am On Dec 23, 2021
ANDREW91:

U called Oba of Benin a second hand king
Ife originated from Benin. All Yoruba lands were formally occupied by the binis. Go and learn history. As for sultan is more than an Islamic ruler. He is the all and all in northern Nigeria. He command more respect than any other traditional ruler.
You are telling someone that will be the president of Nigeria to go an drink sniper. You lack manners

If na me you dey talk to like that, then your brain must be doing menstruation
Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by tfelicityk(m): 11:17am On Dec 23, 2021
This is a lesson to learn from...
You don't take your life no matter the condition you find yourself...
May God continue to protect us all against all odds in this life.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by andysnoopy(m): 1:04pm On Dec 23, 2021
Greenlight123:
through your generational bank odel

Who's this?
Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by Sunday2021: 1:08pm On Dec 23, 2021
BlackfireX:
Awolowo.... otapia

Ooni ..... suicide

This people eeehhh
at least they are not eating human being.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by Exceed15: 1:27pm On Dec 23, 2021
For someone who is worried about the next house rent . Do you believe in miracle?
Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by derbykol(f): 1:59pm On Dec 23, 2021
Bantu10:

Who told you that 8Billion is nothing to him?? Even to a president, 8Billion is a huge money.
Even to a nation
Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by Bantu10: 2:23pm On Dec 23, 2021
derbykol:
Even to a nation

Don't mind the guy

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by orisa37: 3:58pm On Dec 23, 2021
[quote author=Burgerlomo post=108741779][/quote]

ASE : AMIN : ASE!!!
Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by Drogunov: 4:14pm On Dec 23, 2021
ijustdey:

https://punchng.com/how-i-almost-committed-suicide-ooni-of-ife/

So Mr Oni-ricer, how did you climb out of the 8billion debt. We all know music didn't pay the huge bill. Na lie joor. E kan nja bread funwa ni.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by ki02020(m): 7:13pm On Dec 23, 2021
kokanepyramid:

While learning from them.

Absolutely smiley
Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by BlackfireX: 8:23pm On Dec 23, 2021
Sunday2021:
at least they are not eating human being.

That will be your igbo brothers... stupid southerners
Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by Jespet97: 10:55pm On Dec 23, 2021
Is the news true that his Queen prophetess left him because ooni asked her family to leave the palace and stay somewhere else but she declined that if her mother and siblings leaves, she follows ?
I just read it o
Elders asked her back she refused
She made a video of her separation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Funny Naija Pictures / Oyinbo Men In Enugu Drinking Palm Wine And Local Dish (Photos) / Alaafin’s Ex-Wife, Queen Anu Buys New Benz, House In Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.